Author Topic: Liverpool Financial Overview  (Read 40710 times)

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Re: LFC announces financial results for the year to May 31, 2018
« Reply #120 on: February 14, 2019, 08:49:51 pm »
Just highlights the rancour of Hicks and Gillet.  They knew they were sitting on a goldmine but didn't have the money to develop it themselves.  That's why they shit a brick when FSG came along and were demanding stupid money.  They wanted money based solely for our potential future earnings, like some kind of fucking finders fee.
And that - AFTER they ran us into the ground by stripping anything of value first- including players, manager, dividing fans, dragging our reputation through the mud, dividing the boardroom, lowering standards etc. The f*cking balls on them..! Like true narcissists, they definitely still think they've been "swindled" and that gives me some consolation that they will forever be bitter about it.

Proper Cancers - eating away at the good bits first!
Still makes my blood boil thinking about those two blithering, no-mark, selfish c**ts! :no :no
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 08:59:20 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: February 14, 2019, 09:07:02 pm »

Proper Cancers - eating away at the good bits first!
Still makes my blood boil thinking about those two blithering, no-mark, selfish c**ts! :no :no

Pretty much.

"We want a billion quid for LFC because we know that's what it will be worth in 10 years' time if somebody actually invests in it."

One of the few bright spots of the crash in 2008 was exposing these two fuck nuggets.  Gawd knows how much they might otherwise have borrowed and loaded onto the club otherwise.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: February 15, 2019, 01:34:03 pm »
The 'Rest of the World' market has been spoken about for decades as something we should be easily able to tap into.

Has anyone explained our drop off in turnover over the past year? Is our deal with New Balance really holding us back that much?

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #123 on: February 15, 2019, 01:47:48 pm »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #124 on: February 15, 2019, 02:42:40 pm »
If there was ever a blueprint for how to reconstruct an organization (with all the various areas needing well-financed continuity and collaboration without overspending), it has to be 2009 to 2019.

Think of all things that had to happen to get us from bottom to top? 

This thought (and these events) makes me feel proud to be a reds supporter because it could have gone in so many other directions with so much less joy).

At times, we can be an impatient lot (speaking of mostly myself), but eternally grateful for watching this project blossom, FSG! Well done.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline RooiBefok

• (Crank) Minority Martyr, and Defender & Lover of The 5th Benitle. His most ardent fan. Adores him. No really, I think he's great. The best.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Perservate et Superate
« Reply #125 on: February 15, 2019, 02:50:22 pm »
LFC Profit & Loss Account as at 31 May 2018
“The 5th Benitle fell in love with himself eighteen years ago and has remained faithful ever since”

Offline RooiBefok

• (Crank) Minority Martyr, and Defender & Lover of The 5th Benitle. His most ardent fan. Adores him. No really, I think he's great. The best.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Perservate et Superate
« Reply #126 on: February 15, 2019, 02:51:18 pm »
LFC Cash Flow Account as at 31 May 2018
“The 5th Benitle fell in love with himself eighteen years ago and has remained faithful ever since”

Offline RooiBefok

• Legacy Fan
  • Perservate et Superate
« Reply #127 on: February 15, 2019, 02:51:59 pm »
LFC Debt as at 31 May 2018

Offline RooiBefok

• Legacy Fan
  • Perservate et Superate
« Reply #128 on: February 15, 2019, 02:52:48 pm »
LFC Financial Notations as at 31 May 2018

Offline RooiBefok

• Legacy Fan
  • Perservate et Superate
« Reply #129 on: February 15, 2019, 02:53:41 pm »
LFC Use Of Funds as at 31 May 2018

Offline Triad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #130 on: February 15, 2019, 02:56:24 pm »
Jeez,we got a lot of dosh for Phil.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: February 15, 2019, 03:05:07 pm »
FSG have been hit and miss in terms of finances. If you were to look for the common denominator in terms of our increasing income over the last decade then one name would stand head and shoulders above all others; Klopp.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: February 15, 2019, 03:11:46 pm »
FSG have been hit and miss in terms of finances. If you were to look for the common denominator in terms of our increasing income over the last decade then one name would stand head and shoulders above all others; Klopp.

Our turnover went from 183.6 to 455.1.  It has steadily increased year on year.  How has that been hit and miss?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #133 on: February 15, 2019, 03:13:18 pm »

Can you expand on that?

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: February 15, 2019, 03:14:16 pm »
I’m just getting in before AL, lads.

I can see why he does it now, what a power trip!

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #135 on: February 15, 2019, 03:15:52 pm »
I’m just getting in before AL, lads.

I can see why he does it now, what a power trip!

I almost put AL at the end of my post ;D

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: February 15, 2019, 05:49:35 pm »
The 'Rest of the World' market has been spoken about for decades as something we should be easily able to tap into.

Has anyone explained our drop off in turnover over the past year? Is our deal with New Balance really holding us back that much?

Drop? It’s reportedly £450m. Our highest ever.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #137 on: February 15, 2019, 06:30:53 pm »
Turnover has risen 50% in the last two years....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Dave D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: February 15, 2019, 06:37:51 pm »
Drop? It’s reportedly £450m. Our highest ever.

I'm talking about turnover for the Rest of the World market.

UK market: £440.8m
EU market: £6.5m
Rest of the World market: £7.7m which is down from £11.7m

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: February 15, 2019, 06:48:58 pm »
I'm talking about turnover for the Rest of the World market.

UK market: £440.8m
EU market: £6.5m
Rest of the World market: £7.7m which is down from £11.7m

Yeah, that’s strange.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: February 15, 2019, 06:52:34 pm »
If you treat player trading separately, ie. amortisation and profits from sales, then the club made c.£90m profits, which is the highest we’ve ever seen.

The club is in a really healthy position financially.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #141 on: February 15, 2019, 06:59:13 pm »
LFC Debt as at 31 May 2018

Wow! Hicks and Gilette really planned to bankrupt us, didn't they? That 280 million bank debt on our holding company could have been the end of us. Can't believe its not even 10 years ago where we were at. Now we have a bigger stadium, 55 million in bank owed debts and a cracking team on the pitch, in a little over 8 years. Still baffles me how we've managed to come so far so quickly. We've got to be the best run big club in the world when it comes to financial prudence at the minute.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #142 on: February 15, 2019, 06:59:44 pm »
Given we’ve been with NB a while now the drop in ROTW revenue is unlikely to be down to them.

Could be down to a change in how things are being accounted for maybe.

Oh and exchange rates may be partly responsible too.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 07:03:53 pm by CraigDS »

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: February 15, 2019, 07:12:43 pm »
Given we’ve been with NB a while now the drop in ROTW revenue is unlikely to be down to them.

Could be down to a change in how things are being accounted for maybe.

Oh and exchange rates may be partly responsible too.

I think I know why. Our preseason tour included the Asia cup then Audi cup (in Germany) in the summer of 2017, so that income would have included  EU revenue, whereas in the prior season we were in the US.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #144 on: February 15, 2019, 07:13:53 pm »
Has anybody seen Al and CatcherintheRye in the same room together?  ??? 🤔

I fucking hope not, could you imagine? Your brain would explode instantly
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Dave D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: February 15, 2019, 07:20:51 pm »
We're moving in the right direction which is the main thing.

With the UK market on it's own responsible for nearly 97% of our turnover. Are we too reliant on the UK market? Does anybody know the figures for other teams?

There's not much we can do about it now, we're certainly not the only club that has been unable to tap into the global market. The UK market is about to jump off a cliff, it would be nice knowing every other premier league club is in the same boat. Financially doped clubs are obviously immune.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #146 on: February 15, 2019, 07:22:07 pm »
Has anybody seen Al and CatcherintheRye in the same room together?  ??? 🤔

Or the Esk? !!!!!

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #147 on: February 15, 2019, 07:50:08 pm »
Wow! Hicks and Gilette really planned to bankrupt us, didn't they? That 280 million bank debt on our holding company could have been the end of us. Can't believe its not even 10 years ago where we were at. Now we have a bigger stadium, 55 million in bank owed debts and a cracking team on the pitch, in a little over 8 years. Still baffles me how we've managed to come so far so quickly. We've got to be the best run big club in the world when it comes to financial prudence at the minute.

The moment we were sold the debt was effectively wiped out. FSG didn't pay for the Club and then had to pay off debt. When FSG bought us we were the Club with the 7th biggest income in World Football. We are now the Club with the err 7th biggest biggest income in World Football.

As for financial prudence, really ?

Prior to Klopp we pissed away money for fun. We squandered the Suarez money on the likes of Balotelli, Lambert, Markovic et al. We then sold Sterling for a kings ransom and blew £32.5m on Benteke.

To put things in to context in the 2010 Deloite Money League United earned 327m euros, Liverpool 237m euros and Spurs 132m euros. United have doubled their income over that period, we have double our income and Spurs have trebled theirs.

An earlier poster mentioned our income going up 50% over the last two years well that is not down to two main things the huge hike in the premier league TV rights and the money we earned from the Champions League. The first one the TV deal happened to every team in the League the second one shows the value of qualifying for the Champions League.

To put that in to context prior to the arrival of FSG we played in the CL in 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09 and 2010. Since they arrived we have only played in 15, 18 and 19.

The massive sea-change in our fortunes wasn't the arrival of FSG but the arrival of Klopp. We are nailed on to qualify for the CL this season which will mean in a decade under FSG 3 of our 4 seasons in the CL will have occurred under Klopp. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #148 on: February 15, 2019, 07:53:48 pm »

With the UK market on it's own responsible for nearly 97% of our turnover. Are we too reliant on the UK market? Does anybody know the figures for other teams?

There's not much we can do about it now, we're certainly not the only club that has been unable to tap into the global market. The UK market is about to jump off a cliff, it would be nice knowing every other premier league club is in the same boat. Financially doped clubs are obviously immune.

I’m sure we make money from outside the UK which isn’t accounted for within those figures, I imagine those are for direct foreign sales of goods, etc.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #149 on: February 15, 2019, 07:55:12 pm »

It is an accounting anomaly. For instance the Premier League TV deal comes from a pot of £8.4bn. That consists of £5.1bn from the domestic TV deal and £3.3bn from the International TV deal. Those TV deals are not separated in to their constituent parts in the accounts.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: February 15, 2019, 08:14:19 pm »
It is an accounting anomaly. For instance the Premier League TV deal comes from a pot of £8.4bn. That consists of £5.1bn from the domestic TV deal and £3.3bn from the International TV deal. Those TV deals are not separated in to their constituent parts in the accounts.

The overseas income belongs to the PL who have a deal with each of the clubs, so it’s UK revenue for the club. It’s not an anomaly. If we negotiated our own TV deals, it’d be different.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #151 on: February 15, 2019, 08:22:48 pm »
The overseas income belongs to the PL who have a deal with each of the clubs, so it’s UK revenue for the club. It’s not an anomaly. If we negotiated our own TV deals, it’d be different.

We negotiate our own kit deal with an American company for shirts that are sold worldwide. That does not come under International revenue though. The point I was trying to make was that the way the accounts are presented does not indicate whether we are taking advantage of our International following.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline penwhen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #152 on: February 15, 2019, 09:09:29 pm »
We negotiate our own kit deal with an American company for shirts that are sold worldwide. That does not come under International revenue though. The point I was trying to make was that the way the accounts are presented does not indicate whether we are taking advantage of our International following.

I would say that's probably correct. When Liverpool was with Adidas, I could walk into an Adidas store in a mall in the US and find a few Liverpool jerseys (top one or two selling players) and some other Liverpool clothing (hoodies, t-shirts). New Balance stores in the US do not stock Liverpool merchandise.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #153 on: February 15, 2019, 09:13:11 pm »
I’d be surprised if that’s not part of the renegotiation with NB. They’ll be wanting our gear in their stores across the world.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #154 on: February 16, 2019, 10:37:53 am »
LFC Profit & Loss Account as at 31 May 2018
Wow- 100% increase in matchday revenue from 10/11 till 17/18!
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #155 on: February 16, 2019, 10:55:13 am »
Wow- 100% increase in matchday revenue from 10/11 till 17/18!

New Main plus quite a few extra games (high profile games too) in the CL compared to only getting to the R16 in Europa in 10/11.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2019, 05:56:20 pm »
I fucking hope not, could you imagine? Your brain would explode instantly

;D

To listen to either of them talk you'd think we were about to go under!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline roots99

• Main Stander
« Reply #157 on: February 16, 2019, 08:14:39 pm »
LFC Use Of Funds as at 31 May 2018

What's up with the increase in capital expenditure? I thought after the completion of the main stand it would drop a bit yet it has gone up 31% to £180m. The shop, the reworking of the disabled seating and the training ground must be factored in, but that's quite an increase.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in." - Bill Shankly

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #158 on: February 16, 2019, 09:20:27 pm »
What's up with the increase in capital expenditure? I thought after the completion of the main stand it would drop a bit yet it has gone up 31% to £180m. The shop, the reworking of the disabled seating and the training ground must be factored in, but that's quite an increase.

The Main stand was built as a shell and then fitted out in stages. It made sense firstly from the point of view of getting as many bums on seats but it also made sense in terms of FFP. Capital expenditure on Stadiums is exempt from FFP calculations. If that expenditure happens within one accounting year then it affects that period and then has a knock on effect within the FFP period.

If you are not close to hitting the FFP limits then it makes perfect sense to roll over Capital expenditure which allows you further leeway in future accounting periods.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #159 on: February 16, 2019, 09:26:03 pm »
Paying for the start of the new training ground?  Would depend when that started and went into the books.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W