Author Topic: Calm Heads  (Read 16798 times)

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
Re: Calm Heads
« Reply #40 on: February 6, 2019, 10:34:43 pm »
Excellent

Offline kiwiscouser

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: February 6, 2019, 10:35:58 pm »
At least the players have their heads right

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/336878-james-milner-reaction-liverpool-west-ham

Lallana also posted on his IG about not being arsed what anyone else thinks or says about us and focusing on the next game

strangely enoguh, i think the only ones not losing their heads are the coaching and playing staff

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #42 on: February 6, 2019, 10:40:37 pm »
That's 4 players on my count that have come out since Leicester and talked about it. It kind of shows that they are indeed arsed.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: February 6, 2019, 10:42:13 pm »
That's 4 players on my count that have come out since Leicester and talked about it. It kind of shows that they are indeed arsed.

Of course they are arsed. Clearly fans are losing their heads and they feel they need to address it.

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: February 6, 2019, 10:43:34 pm »
Yeah it really is prime time to avoid RAWK and other social media. No-one I know in real life has at any point considered the title in the bag or us incapable of drawing 2 games in a row. Let's call them out for what they are, absolute whoppers.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: February 6, 2019, 10:44:42 pm »
Let's all stay calm in this thread shall we. I know I'm alright.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: February 6, 2019, 11:41:17 pm »

Theyve been asked about in several interviews

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #47 on: February 7, 2019, 12:23:48 am »
Of course they are arsed. Clearly fans are losing their heads and they feel they need to address it.

To be honest, if fans are going to lose their heads I'm glad it's now rather than at the crunch.
In a lot of people's minds they seem to think we've blown it already, so they can now get all the angst out of their systems. They can now see us as underdogs and get behind the team instead of dreading losing points every game. Hopefully the current state of play has released an awful lot of pent-up anxiety and people can just get behind the team from now on. Who knows, this could be a watershed moment that galvanises both club and fans and pushes us forward for the final third of the season?

Now, we have to be the Jack Russell snapping at the guy wobbling on top of the ladder with a tin of paint in his hands and see how he copes. Remember; last time he was up there this season he fell off.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2019, 12:26:41 am by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: February 7, 2019, 12:41:59 am »
I can see both sides of the arguments.

On the one hand the reaction to the last 7 days has been over the top. We'd have been delighted to be in this position in August.

On the other hand it has been 29 years without a title so I cant begrudge it if some are feeling "oh here we go again". I guess until that elusive title is won that monkey is always going to be on the clubs back.

Simply have to beat Bournemouth.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #49 on: February 7, 2019, 05:14:04 am »
GD isn't exactly insurmountable either. It's 7 with a game in hand.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: February 7, 2019, 05:19:58 am »
I'm more optimistic vs Bournemouth than i was against Leicester and West Ham. After two bad games, it's time to bounce back, and i believe we will.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: February 7, 2019, 05:38:09 am »
The players need to use what's been going on recently, get angry and use that anger to help push them to the results they need for the remainder of the season. If they don't, they're going to end up empty handed AGAIN. They have to fight like crazy now. And we have to support them as best we can, wherever we play. No more nerves, just pure passion and plenty of noise.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: February 7, 2019, 02:58:54 pm »
Say Bournemouth hold us to a draw, and then Chelsea beat City on Sunday. Would we still 'have' to have beaten Bournemouth?

I obviously know what you mean and I will be gutted if we don't get back to winning ways on Saturday but nothing will be tied up for at least another 5 or 6 weeks. It's this feeling that every game is must win that creates that nervousness and tension which is unnecessary.

I'm trying to convince myself as much as I'm trying to convince you, here  :D

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #53 on: February 7, 2019, 03:09:37 pm »
I can see both sides of the arguments.

On the one hand the reaction to the last 7 days has been over the top. We'd have been delighted to be in this position in August.

On the other hand it has been 29 years without a title so I cant begrudge it if some are feeling "oh here we go again". I guess until that elusive title is won that monkey is always going to be on the clubs back.

And this, in essence, is a great example of the problem.

Because, we don't simply have to beat Bouremouth at all do we? No-one knows. That's the point.

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: February 7, 2019, 03:24:05 pm »
It's still in our hands. Conversely it's early February.......so maybe the first point doesn't yet matter.

Hopefully our blip is over and we restore the three point lead on Saturday putting City under pressure for Sunday.

Rinse and repeat for the next 14 games.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: February 7, 2019, 03:51:28 pm »
I can't wait to see what sort of theatrics Mike Dean has in store for the City V Chelsea match. Someone is definitely getting sent off, he's been sat on 99 red cards for far too long now and this is the perfect game for him to make it all about him, as well as have his say in the title race. Just got to hope it comes our way.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: February 7, 2019, 04:03:16 pm »
And this, in essence, is a great example of the problem.

Because, we don't simply have to beat Bouremouth at all do we? No-one knows. That's the point.

Well given that our next game is a trip to Old Trafford against a United team thats flying and who will be very charged up, I think we do need 3 points against Bournemouth, yeah.

Sure you can say "no-one knows" but we do know that we don't want to be playing catch up.

Offline GeorgiaRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #57 on: February 7, 2019, 04:13:10 pm »
I can't wait to see what sort of theatrics Mike Dean has in store for the City V Chelsea match. Someone is definitely getting sent off, he's been sat on 99 red cards for far too long now and this is the perfect game for him to make it all about him, as well as have his say in the title race. Just got to hope it comes our way.

Maybe a Red will finally be shown to Fernandinho.   ;)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #58 on: February 7, 2019, 04:15:30 pm »
The players need to use what's been going on recently, get angry and use that anger to help push them to the results they need for the remainder of the season. If they don't, they're going to end up empty handed AGAIN. They have to fight like crazy now. And we have to support them as best we can, wherever we play. No more nerves, just pure passion and plenty of noise.

Yes, I'd also like to see us use things to really stir up some fire and anger to propel us along the final straight. I was saying in another post how I have never genuinely thought we would lift the title this season, even at 7 points ahead. Of course, I'd love to be proved wrong, but my concerns were our depth not quite being there yet, and my feeling that we still lack that cold, hard, steel-like killer instinct that eventual champions tend to have.

I'm just hoping that recent events help us all, players and fans, to re-focus and get ruthless in pursuit of our goal. We cannot be passive. We really have to go out and take what we want now. It's time to get tough and push everyone else out of our way. We have to stop being so nice. No one is going to give us anything. We really have to go out and take it from here on in.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2019, 04:18:02 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: February 7, 2019, 04:23:48 pm »
Yes, I'd also like to see us use things to really stir up some fire and anger to propel us along the final straight. I was saying in another post how I have never genuinely thought we would lift the title this season, even at 7 points ahead. Of course, I'd love to be proved wrong, but my concerns were our depth not quite being there yet, and my feeling that we still lack that cold, hard, steel-like killer instinct that eventual champions tend to have.

I'm just hoping that recent events help us all, players and fans, to re-focus and get ruthless in pursuit of our goal. We cannot be passive. We really have to go out and take what we want now. It's time to get tough and push everyone else out of our way now. We have to stop being so nice.
Agree with this point. Of course I want us to win, but the depth worries me. It's better than it was, in that we perhaps have an interchangeable 15, 16 at a push, but when we get a handful of injuries the drop off is noticeable.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: February 7, 2019, 04:40:47 pm »
Maybe a Red will finally be shown to Fernandinho.   ;)

That is precisely, precisely, the type of 'razzmataz' Dean is looking for.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2019, 09:39:47 pm »
Not seen enough of this thread recently.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2019, 06:02:11 pm »
Not seen enough of this thread recently.
Been a while since we played and still a few days til we're back in action; everyone is calm now anyway  :D

Online royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2019, 09:09:13 am »
D'you know, it's an existential training course, all this. I was sat about two minutes in last night thinking, "They'll take a nil nil... and I think I'm OK with a nil nil. We'll tend to beat anyone if they try and play against us."

That's a nice starting point really - the acceptance that we're just really really good - one of the very best teams in the world. With two games a week of bumps to go, I'm gonna try and hold onto that. I don't think the players are anything other than drooling at the prospects in front of them.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2019, 09:48:51 am »
D'you know, it's an existential training course, all this. I was sat about two minutes in last night thinking, "They'll take a nil nil... and I think I'm OK with a nil nil. We'll tend to beat anyone if they try and play against us."

That's a nice starting point really - the acceptance that we're just really really good - one of the very best teams in the world. With two games a week of bumps to go, I'm gonna try and hold onto that. I don't think the players are anything other than drooling at the prospects in front of them.

It's quite the thing to be going into a tie away to Bayern Munich thinking - I'm not worried here, we can absolutely do them if we're in the mood.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2019, 09:34:21 pm »
Starting to see the panick kicking in again. Not just re Utd on Sunday, but also Watford at home.  :o

"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2019, 09:45:52 pm »
Starting to see the panick kicking in again. Not just re Utd on Sunday, but also Watford at home.  :o

Best off ignoring them mate, you'll never change their minds  ;D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2019, 12:56:38 am »

Anything but jazz of any sort.

Miles ( Davis ) Runs the Voodoo Down ? Mane would most probably score five every game.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2019, 09:38:29 am »

Watched the Salah interview with Carragher yesterday and when Mo mentioned how after this week we've only got 8 games to go, the heart really started fluttering. Think it is getting to people a bit now and bizarrely Old Trafford is probably a decent place for us to be tomorrow, it's just a massive game of football and the atmosphere would be the same there whether we're chasing a title or sat in eight in the table. Get a result and Anfield will be buzzing in midweek I reckon.

Ommm

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2019, 12:18:37 am »
Still too much negativity and worry in the Utd pre match thread. We've got this.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #70 on: March 3, 2019, 07:18:32 pm »
It seems like even those who were relatively positive before have completely lost their heads now. We can still win it and while I understand being frustrated, some of the reactions on here are fucking mind blowing.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #71 on: March 3, 2019, 07:19:13 pm »
It seems like even those who were relatively positive before have completely lost their heads now. We can still win it and while I understand being frustrated, some of the reactions on here are fucking mind blowing.

Which is why its good to have threads like these for a bit of persective.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #72 on: March 3, 2019, 07:21:22 pm »
Which is why its good to have threads like these for a bit of persective.  ;D
Yeah thank god for this thread ;D
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: March 3, 2019, 08:11:06 pm »
I made the thread and even my head's gone tonight ;D

Just feels like we're letting a major opportunity slide away from us. Still, we have got one hell of a side who still don't look like being beaten by anybody. The talk will be of throwing it away which is understandable to a degree but the levels this year have been absolutely through the roof. Equally there is some understandable criticism of Klopp but it's him that's got us here and that'll sink in more once the dust has settled on today.

Still games to go and definitely plenty to be positive about.
« Last Edit: March 3, 2019, 08:12:45 pm by alonsoisared »

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: March 3, 2019, 08:13:29 pm »
I made the thread and even my head's gone tonight ;D

Just feels like we're letting a major opportunity slide away from us. Still, we have got one hell of a side who still don't look like being beaten by anybody. The talk will be of throwing it away which is understandable to a degree but the levels this year have been absolutely through the roof.

Still games to go and definitely plenty to be positive about.

I'm alright you know. As mad as it sounds I didn't think we could lead from the front the whole way home from December. There's more drama to unfold.

Europe still hasn't had it's full effect on all this yet either. Also, just by the law of averages I think city are due at least two more draws. Can we better that? Fuck it, yeah, why not.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: March 3, 2019, 08:28:06 pm »
I'm impressed by the players and their development since Klopp's first season here. I expected improvement this season, improvement from last year I certainly didn't think we would be able to challenge City such is the quality they have at their disposal,  so while it is frustrating that we aren't top, whatever happens we've made huge strides forward.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #76 on: March 3, 2019, 09:07:13 pm »
I don't know if it's been said but when city won their first premiership it was nip and tuck until the last thirty seconds of the season. I suspect there's a lot more toing and froing to come. And I shall endeavour to keep calm. Now where's that yoga mat?

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: March 3, 2019, 11:43:15 pm »
The trick is to vent in-game and get it out of the system as quickly as you can. And then breath again. We cannot let our head go down. We need to keep plugging away. With 9 games to go, it may not be such a bad time to be 2nd and 1 point behind. Plenty of football still to play
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #78 on: March 3, 2019, 11:50:56 pm »
Absolutely still feeling quite calm about this, so much can happen yet and we know the players will fight to the end.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: March 3, 2019, 11:53:04 pm »
Absolutely still feeling quite calm about this, so much can happen yet and we know the players will fight to the end.

Don't get too high don't get too low. I never expected we would be this good this year, so everything at this point is a bonus for me.I wanted to see us take the next step forward and I believe we have. We are pushing City to their limits, this is a side who amassed 100 points last year, and will be looking to spend another 200 million on their side this summer.