Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 2 v Fulham 0 ‘40 Mo, Shaqiri '53  (Read 32538 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool 2 v Fulham 0 ‘40 Mo, Shaqiri '53
« Reply #200 on: November 11, 2018, 02:13:12 pm »
The HT thread on here is comical.

Well done

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: November 11, 2018, 02:13:27 pm »
Happy with the win, great to get the 3 points before the other 2 play later.

Yet (my issue isn't just with this season to be fair) but it just doesn't seem to be in our DNA to go for the fucking throat when we have teams ripe for the taking. It goes back years and it's frustrated me for god knows how long. It used to be back when Ferguson's United would absolutely maul teams when they had the chance and we'd be happy with a nice professional 2-0 win under Ged or Rafa when we had the chance to go for it. Now City go for the bollocks every game and again we seem happy to get the job done. Everyone goes on about the clean sheet, but I'd rather win 4/5/6-1 than 2-0. We're just happy to pass the ball about and take it easy when there's still half an hour left. The only season we consistently went for it that I can think of was the 13/14 season when Suarez and Sturridge basically wouldn't have any of that shit and went for it. We could have got a few more today if we went for it, but we just sauntered the ball about in midfield and defence on the halfway line. If I was one of the strikers I'd be tearing my hair out.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: November 11, 2018, 02:13:31 pm »
Nice routine win.

Not at our best but we get the 3 points.

Sublime finish from The Cube.

30 points from 36 is pretty good and we haven't even clicked into any sort of top gear yet, Hopefully our players come back injury free from this stupid international break and we go again.

MoTM Fabinho.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: November 11, 2018, 02:13:52 pm »
Rooting for Everton and then Man Utd. The ultimate nightmare.

Yes it is.
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #204 on: November 11, 2018, 02:14:34 pm »
Schwarzer is absolutely heartbroken no interest in objectivity
Is he still whining about their clearly offside goal? I also noticed that the commentators changed their agenda once it was proven the goal was offside. Now it is "maybe the ball was moving when Becker kicked it or he didn't take it from the right spot." Twats. Let's ignore that shocker of a challenge from them as well.

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
« Reply #205 on: November 11, 2018, 02:14:38 pm »
I liked the corner flags.  Our corners were shite but the flags were a nice touch.

Ref was cack again; Chambers should have walked, underdogs allowed to pull and push, pulled back a quickly taken free kick in the 2nd half but allowed us to do it in the first.  inconsistent, which pisses me off more than anything else..

Fab played well, looks forward more than Hendo.  Shaq was sound, Mo getting back up to speed, Virgil and Joe were imperious.

Wins by Yernited and The Bitters too much to ask for?......I thought so.
TheMissionary
YNWA

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #206 on: November 11, 2018, 02:14:49 pm »
Rooting for Everton and then Man Utd. The ultimate nightmare.

It’s more routing for results to go our way

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #207 on: November 11, 2018, 02:15:52 pm »
That doesn't rhyme

But the message is there, you just need to look closely at all the angles and all the theories that it could be related to. Was it meant for one person or 2 people or a host of people.

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: November 11, 2018, 02:16:44 pm »
Good stuff - professional performance with some decent zip. Very good  response after Belgrade
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #209 on: November 11, 2018, 02:17:19 pm »

Yet (my issue isn't just with this season to be fair) but it just doesn't seem to be in our DNA to go for the fucking throat when we have teams ripe for the taking. It goes back years and it's frustrated me for god knows how long. It used to be back when Ferguson's United would absolutely maul teams when they had the chance and we'd be happy with a nice professional 2-0 win under Ged or Rafa when we had the chance to go for it. Now City go for the bollocks every game and again we seem happy to get the job done. Everyone goes on about the clean sheet, but I'd rather win 4/5/6-1 than 2-0. We're just happy to pass the ball about and take it easy when there's still half an hour left. The only season we consistently went for it that I can think of was the 13/14 season when Suarez and Sturridge basically wouldn't have any of that shit and went for it. We could have got a few more today if we went for it, but we just sauntered the ball about in midfield and defence on the halfway line. If I was one of the strikers I'd be tearing my hair out.
Ferguson's United won a LOT of games in a similar manner as we did today. What City are doing has seldom been done before; insofar as walloping sides routinely. Btw, they scored 15 fewer goals in the second half of last season compared to the first half. They are playing at their peak right now; let's see how long it lasts. They'll eventually get to a stage where they need a few 2-0 routine wins too.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: November 11, 2018, 02:17:31 pm »
I'm sure Klopp actually has very good reasons for his approach to rotation and subs, but I can't help but feel the same.

Agree my biggest pet peeve with him.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: November 11, 2018, 02:17:53 pm »
I'm sure Klopp actually has very good reasons for his approach to rotation and subs, but I can't help but feel the same.

Thanks mate. I agree with you. I think a lot of people enjoy shouting down any criticism following a win, so it's reassuring you see it the same way.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: November 11, 2018, 02:18:06 pm »
Another 3 points, another clean sheet and back to the top of the table we go.  There's not much more we can ask though I'm sure faults will be found by some.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: November 11, 2018, 02:18:25 pm »

But that style of football is what has caused us in the past to blow a 3-0 lead away to Palace, 2-0 leads at home to Sunderland and Newcastle and a 3-1 lead away to Bournemouth. It nearly caused us to blow a 4-1 lead against Man City and a 5-0 lead at one stage against Roma.

The way we’re playing now results in victories without the nervy defence.

I know which one I prefer.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #214 on: November 11, 2018, 02:18:30 pm »
2-0 win for Liverpool and Chorley are currently 2-1 at home to Doncaster Rovers in the FA Cup. Happy days! :scarf

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: November 11, 2018, 02:18:49 pm »
This was a clear win.
Redmen deserve all the praise.
Even when the Atmosphere at Anfield lacking.
Nothing can stop us from being top of the table, for a few hours...
Deserve the three points.

Just wait till we get in top gear.
Forget about the other clubs, focus on us.
Keep it up Klopp!

Didn’t see that coming from where I was sat.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Not that Gareth

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: November 11, 2018, 02:18:53 pm »
Was unable to watch the game but judging by what i've read so far sounds like it was another similar performance? Not as fluid and neat as we want or perhaps expect but ground out the result none the less.

Not sure why things are not clicking fully but happy we keep putting points on the board. If we can do this playing poorly then it is going to be fun when it all clicks again.

Offline toe punt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #217 on: November 11, 2018, 02:20:14 pm »
Sluggish first half but improved in the second half. Another win and our best start to a league season for a long, long time.
All we can do is keep on winning.

Shaqiri, Robertson and Salah all good today.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #218 on: November 11, 2018, 02:20:21 pm »
Was out this morning,game was 2-0 when I got in - god that BT commentator just does not like us does he? Didn't have a nice word to say in what I heard and was trying to find any excuse why our first shouldn't have stood including questioning was the ball rolling at the free kick.

Two good goals, great to see the speed and awareness on the first and a cracking finish from Shaqiri. Now to support the Red mancs later.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who found the Statler and Waldorf of BT Sport annoying!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #219 on: November 11, 2018, 02:20:45 pm »
Mane was pretty poor and Firmino pretty anonymous. Mane had a couple of great chances to get through or play someone in and his touch or decision making let him down. 6/10 for them both.

Ok let's disagree. I watched both very closely in the 2nd half and at no time did I think they could have done any better. Both of them had excellent touch and I don't know how you think otherwise.
#JFT97

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #220 on: November 11, 2018, 02:21:13 pm »
Was out this morning,game was 2-0 when I got in - god that BT commentator just does not like us does he? Didn't have a nice word to say in what I heard and was trying to find any excuse why our first shouldn't have stood including questioning was the ball rolling at the free kick.
McManaman was the same, sadly.  Showed far more concern when their player got a ball in the face than he did when Salah nearly got his ankle broken.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #221 on: November 11, 2018, 02:22:57 pm »
You know what?

We won

3 points

Clean sheet

International break coming up

Do we really need a thread with people pissing and moaning about 'not being good enough'

Lock it. 

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #222 on: November 11, 2018, 02:23:28 pm »
But that style of football is what has caused us in the past to blow a 3-0 lead away to Palace, 2-0 leads at home to Sunderland and Newcastle and a 3-1 lead away to Bournemouth. It nearly caused us to blow a 4-1 lead against Man City and a 5-0 lead at one stage against Roma.

The way we’re playing now results in victories without the nervy defence.

I know which one I prefer.
I’ll join you in that.

These are exactly the kind of wins that fans have been craving for years. Chelsea and United have won titles by racking up unspectacular victories like this.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: November 11, 2018, 02:24:12 pm »
Are we not 'clicking' or are we actually deliberately conserving energy for the most difficult period of the season ahead of us? We seem to be much more focussed on control of the games and keeping a steady but regulated pressure on the opposition. As they tire, we move up a gear and the pressure becomes even more difficult to fight against. Results are there for now.

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #224 on: November 11, 2018, 02:25:31 pm »
One small query though.

Did that seem unusually quiet to anyone else? You could hear the players shouts all game.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #225 on: November 11, 2018, 02:26:33 pm »
You know what?

We won

3 points

Clean sheet

International break coming up

Do we really need a thread with people pissing and moaning about 'not being good enough'

Lock it.

Is right!  Ban this sick filth!!
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: November 11, 2018, 02:26:48 pm »
Are we not 'clicking' or are we actually deliberately conserving energy for the most difficult period of the season ahead of us? We seem to be much more focussed on control of the games and keeping a steady but regulated pressure on the opposition. As they tire, we move up a gear and the pressure becomes even more difficult to fight against. Results are there for now.

It's a long season with the intensity of the matches increasing again once we come back from the international break, leading into December and early January. Imo, we are conserving our energy and upping it when needed, because of this, because of the previous seasons and what we're attempting to achieve long term. So we don't limp on our knees in April and May.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #227 on: November 11, 2018, 02:27:18 pm »
2-0 win for Liverpool and Chorley are currently 2-1 at home to Doncaster Rovers in the FA Cup. Happy days! :scarf

Our very own Herbie Kane has equalised for Doncaster Rovers now. 2-2. Cracking goal as well.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: November 11, 2018, 02:27:18 pm »
One small query though.

Did that seem unusually quiet to anyone else? You could hear the players shouts all game.

No, Anfield is pretty tame with early kick offs unless it's a big match. Today was even earlier.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: November 11, 2018, 02:28:07 pm »
I actually don't think we were half as bad as people are making out, controlled it although they had chances (we said they were good in attack do shouldn't have been a shock)

Really good second half without being all fireworks. Comfortable, 2 goals, clean sheet, 3 points. Happy days.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: November 11, 2018, 02:28:23 pm »
I’ll join you in that.

These are exactly the kind of wins that fans have been craving for years. Chelsea and United have won titles by racking up unspectacular victories like this.

I third that. United in 2008/2009 won what, 11,12 games by a one goal margin? With Ronaldo,Tevez,Rooney and Berbatov in their side. They had scored less goals than us, lost more matches and ended up winning the league by 4 points despite us beating them twice.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #231 on: November 11, 2018, 02:28:42 pm »

We will get a clearer picture after the international break. At least we get the chance to just concentrate on ourselves and find our rhythm, that is what we're lacking. We did some really nice moves in that game, if that wonderful first half move had ended up as a goal, that could have been the moment we really gained our momentum. Maybe we just need a moment like that to unlock our fizz.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: November 11, 2018, 02:29:42 pm »
I actually don't think we were half as bad as people are making out, controlled it although they had chances (we said they were good in attack do shouldn't have been a shock)

Really good second half without being all fireworks. Comfortable, 2 goals, clean sheet, 3 points. Happy days.

I agree. They had a great chance through Sessegnon, due to Gomez making a mistake, but in the first half we had a number of chances, Mane had a good chance, Salah almost walked it into the goal after his combination with Firmino, he had a volley after Shaqiri's pass, and Shaqiri was close himself.

Offline Poet

• He IS a poet! And he truly knows it! He's a new member; fresh fire from old ember. No idiot or fool, for he follows Liverpool. A CT gift from heaven! Well, actually, from 24/7...who's taller than 5' 11"!
  • Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #233 on: November 11, 2018, 02:30:18 pm »
Good, solid win. Nothing spectacular, but the most important things is that we achieved the victory. Just one thing that I have noticed recently.

Why are our corners so shite? We seem to fail to beat the first man on so many occasions. Baffling really.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #234 on: November 11, 2018, 02:30:56 pm »
A comfortable win in the end, but not a great performance, not helped by the early kick off time.

Thought the ref was shit. Nothing major, but just poor. Salah again being pulled continuously, yet if he places his hand on Mawson its a free kick. Mitrovic has a handful of Gomez shirt and doesn't let go until he is similarly grabbed and Gomez gets booked.

When is a ref going to give us free kicks when are players are pulled back?

Well according to Macca’s monkey, “in every other game pulling a player back means a booking”.
But when it’s us it’s advantage time.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #235 on: November 11, 2018, 02:31:57 pm »
Good, solid win. Nothing spectacular, but the most important things is that we achieved the victory. Just one thing that I have noticed recently.

Why are our corners so shite? We seem to fail to beat the first man on so many occasions. Baffling really.
When we’re not beating the first man, we send it far too high over to the other touchline. Definitely need to improve them.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: November 11, 2018, 02:32:41 pm »
It's a long season with the intensity of the matches increasing again once we come back from the international break, leading into December and early January. Imo, we are conserving our energy and upping it when needed, because of this, because of the previous seasons and what we're attempting to achieve long term. So we don't limp on our knees in April and May.

It's starting to look like it with every passing game.
I can see us letting loose in games like Manchester United and Everton at home, and again pulling a performance similar to one today against Newcastle for instance. This upcoming block of games, culminating with match at Etihad - is pretty much where season is going to be shaped. Title won't be decided just yet - but it can certainly be lost. We seem to play the long game of make it through the winter close enough to the top, bed in new players, save others from burning out then throw our cards on the table and hit those afterburners.

Offline Poet

• He IS a poet! And he truly knows it! He's a new member; fresh fire from old ember. No idiot or fool, for he follows Liverpool. A CT gift from heaven! Well, actually, from 24/7...who's taller than 5' 11"!
  • Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #237 on: November 11, 2018, 02:35:19 pm »
When we’re not beating the first man, we send it far too high over to the other touchline. Definitely need to improve them.

It’s something which we certainly need to improve on as we have the height and the personnel to make the most of corners. There was one where Trent kicked it out of play in the second half which irked me more than it should have because I know that he’s capable of better.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: November 11, 2018, 02:36:00 pm »
Results from the last international break to the current have been good save for the Redstar fixture away. Collecting 3 points even if we appear to be holding back or almost playing with fear.
Although TAA can be frustrating I will give him kudos for staying positive and looking to play and try things. He can only learn from his mistakes and grow from it.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: November 11, 2018, 02:36:47 pm »
The set pieces weren't great today but we've scored more goals from set plays than any other side in the league.