Author Topic: CL: Red Star 2 vs Liverpool 0 ‘22 ‘ 28 Pavkov  (Read 52300 times)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Re: CL: Red Star 2 vs Liverpool 0 ‘22 ‘ 28 Pavkov
« Reply #920 on: November 9, 2018, 09:10:54 am »
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #921 on: November 9, 2018, 10:04:43 am »

The below are the rules applied for teams level on points after 6 matches in the group stage:

higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question;
b. superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question;
c. higher number of goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question;
d. higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches played among the teams in question;
e. if, after having applied criteria a) to d), teams still have an equal ranking, criteria a) to d) are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the remaining teams to determine their final rankings. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria f) to l) apply in the order given to the two or more teams still equal;

Can anyone explain to me what on earth provision e is supposed to mean?

Online wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #922 on: November 9, 2018, 11:19:20 am »
The below are the rules applied for teams level on points after 6 matches in the group stage:

higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question;
b. superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question;
c. higher number of goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question;
d. higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches played among the teams in question;
e. if, after having applied criteria a) to d), teams still have an equal ranking, criteria a) to d) are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the remaining teams to determine their final rankings. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria f) to l) apply in the order given to the two or more teams still equal;

Can anyone explain to me what on earth provision e is supposed to mean?

If two teams are level on everything, then in order, a-d are applied to the matches between the two teams.

For example - we finish level with PSG on points, goal difference, goals scored and goals conceded.. We then look at the two fixtures between the sides. In order - did this result in one team getting more points? A better GD? score more? concede more?

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #923 on: November 9, 2018, 11:38:06 am »
But I thought that’s what they were already doing?

Am I misreading it?

As I thought it was points - head to head - goal difference in matches between the two teams - goals scored in away matches between the two teams

So surely looking at a-d in matches played between the two teams is the same?

As below the ones I’ve quoted, provision f is just general goal difference in the group.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #924 on: November 9, 2018, 11:55:39 am »
But I thought that’s what they were already doing?

Am I misreading it?

As I thought it was points - head to head - goal difference in matches between the two teams - goals scored in away matches between the two teams

So surely looking at a-d in matches played between the two teams is the same?

As below the ones I’ve quoted, provision f is just general goal difference in the group.

If it is 2 teams tied then a-d is just the same as head to head performance. If still tied then goes to GD in rest of group.
if 3 teams tied then a-d becomes a mini league between 3 teams. then goes to overall group.

Online Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #925 on: November 9, 2018, 12:07:17 pm »
Right thank you I see.

This match against Napoli has the potential to get quite technical depending on our result against PSG and theirs against Red Star then.

If we lose to PSG 1-0 and Napoli beat Red Star 1-0, and we then beat Napoli by just the one goal, by my reckoning we’d be level on all the head to head factors, level on goal difference (both on 2) but would beat Napoli on goals scored, 8 v 5.

Unlikely but not impossible?

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #926 on: November 9, 2018, 12:21:04 pm »
Right thank you I see.

This match against Napoli has the potential to get quite technical depending on our result against PSG and theirs against Red Star then.

If we lose to PSG 1-0 and Napoli beat Red Star 1-0, and we then beat Napoli by just the one goal, by my reckoning we’d be level on all the head to head factors, level on goal difference (both on 2) but would beat Napoli on goals scored, 8 v 5.

Unlikely but not impossible?
to be equal would PSG not need to beat us 3-2?

Online Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #927 on: November 9, 2018, 12:24:42 pm »
I’m envisaging us being level with Napoli, not PSG. If PSG beat us and then beat Red Star then they’d be ahead of us on points anyway.
« Last Edit: November 9, 2018, 12:26:13 pm by Jm55 »

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #928 on: November 9, 2018, 12:38:23 pm »
I’m envisaging us being level with Napoli, not PSG. If PSG beat us and then beat Red Star then they’d be ahead of us on points anyway.
right ok

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #929 on: November 10, 2018, 09:46:54 pm »

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #930 on: November 16, 2018, 09:16:47 am »
Can’t believe we lost

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #931 on: November 16, 2018, 12:44:05 pm »
Can’t believe we lost
How slow was your stream mate?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali