Author Topic: Match Preview: UCL Final Real Madrid v Liverpool [26 May 2018, KO 19:45 GMT]  (Read 293819 times)

Offline Super MAC

• ....and a nice pair of trousers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
don't know if this has been posted but this is brilliant

https://twitter.com/RLFComps/status/997446764448960512

Utterly fantastic video, really got the emotions kick started.

The second match I ever saw was Rome 77 (the first was the 2-1 FA Cup final defeat to Utd a few days earlier) which I watched with my dad and from that point I have loved this team through all the ups and downs we have been through.

My dad is now 83 and his health is failing whilst I have a Lad of my own now who is now totally obsessed and committed to the cause in the same way I was, but he hasn’t been able to enjoy the glory nights like I did when I was his age so just to be here at this stage all three of us having enjoyed the journey together is awesome.

Can’t wait until next Saturday to see the boys write their own page in our storied history YNWA
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 01:43:11 pm by Super MAC »
All governments are lying cocksuckers - Bill Hicks

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Fucking hell there is a lot to take in & soak up from those mesmerising OP's..like one of those films you just have to watch again.

I'll add my pennies worth later on this week.

It's a real shame to hear ardent ST supporters of clubs..(Atletico EL final) & now Real and us turning their back on the game because of the costs incurred thro travel,accommodation,tickets & also the fear of Ultras which needs addressing big time.
If Uefa arnt careful in the years ahead i suspect the soul will be completely ripped out of football at this level.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Cracking, belting, emotional thread here.  Keep it up!  Trust in Klopp!  Bring the Fire!  Three word cliche!

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
The result boils down to which liverpool turn up. If we play like we can I don't think Real Madrid will be able to handle our intensity. Even if we don't win I think the season must go down as a success as top 4 looked unlikely at the beginning of the season, let alone getting to the champions league final. My gut tells me we will get the cherry on top next week by going on to win number six
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 02:55:44 pm by ac »

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Not even nervous about this.
I think we’ll wrap this up in the first half actually. Once we smell blood, and we will smell blood, nobody will help them. It’ll be  controlled carnage.

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
Fucking hell there is a lot to take in & soak up from those mesmerising OP's..like one of those films you just have to watch again.

I'll add my pennies worth later on this week.

It's a real shame to hear ardent ST supporters of clubs..(Atletico EL final) & now Real and us turning their back on the game because of the costs incurred thro travel,accommodation,tickets & also the fear of Ultras which needs addressing big time.
If Uefa arnt careful in the years ahead i suspect the soul will be completely ripped out of football at this level.
Fantastic!! Nothing is going to stop Kopites taking their place!!

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I think we’ll wrap this up in the first half actually. Once we smell blood, and we will smell blood, nobody will help them. It’ll be  controlled carnage.

That would be great,and a chilled out second half without blood pressure going through the roof.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Hi, you must be new to Liverpool Football cub.  We never do it the easy way.  :wave

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Hi, you must be new to Liverpool Football cub.  We never do it the easy way.  :wave

[emoji16] Don’t worry about it.
This time it’ll be different.
We’re a new breed now.

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
Whatever happens, we had Hicks, Gillett and Hodgson not so long ago. And now we're back in town we're troubling the top table again. One last effort from this disgustingly brutal team and we're the cream of Europe again.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 06:25:13 pm by cormorant »
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline Blert

• Main Stander
If I had a song right now to describe the feeling I'd say Pressure and Time by Rival Sons.... perfect

Offline Fluke

• aka the recently dismissed General Consensus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop.
https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=68112.msg1068801.msg#1068801

There were some decent para like this one at half time. I'm impressed.  And another Aussie too ;)
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave.

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
If I had a song right now to describe the feeling I'd say Pressure and Time by Rival Sons.... perfect

Come senators, congressmen
Please heed the call
Don't stand in the doorway
Don't block up the hall
For he that gets hurt
Will be he who has stalled
There's a battle outside
And it is ragin'.
It'll soon shake your windows
And rattle your walls
For the times they are a-changin'.

The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
[emoji16] Don’t worry about it.
This time it’ll be different.
We’re a new breed now.

Nope we were all still shitting it against City and Roma despite our leads  ;D

We've never done an easy final, I can't remember it in my lifetime. I mean even when we played Cardiff it was dramatic!

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Full strength Madrid team tonight. Hopefully a few injuries to keep them out for 10 days. https://twitter.com/realmadrid/status/997895154240573440?s=19
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah, potential starting XI for next week?

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
You know what I fucking love?

We're now a week away from playing the most successful team to ever grace European football. A team that has dominated Europe like no other, especially in the new format of the game.

We're lining up against Kroos, Isco, Casemiro, etc and our midfield three will be Milner, Henderson and Gini. I'm not even worried. Not a fucking jot.

Look at how far this club has come. We were a day away from administration, had a manager who wanted us to be "more like Manchester United". We had owners that were razing the club to the ground. Everything that could've gone wrong did.

Since our last Champions League final, we've lost Suarez, Alonso, Torres, Sterling, Coutinho. We've fallen to Sevilla and City. But we fucking bounce back. Every single fucking time.

I could spout some bollocks where I say I'm not arsed if we don't win, because look at how far we've come. But anyone who says that is chatting out their arse. We're fucking Liverpool. Impossible is nothing.

We've got one of the best managers in world football, an imperious dutchman, the best front three to ever play in European football, and Andy fucking Robertson.

Bollocks to the doubters, two fingers to the haters. We are Liverpool.  :wave

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Full strength Madrid team tonight. Hopefully a few injuries to keep them out for 10 days. https://twitter.com/realmadrid/status/997895154240573440?s=19
REAL MADRID TEAM NEWS

Team to play Villarreal: Luca, Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo, Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Bale, Isco, Ronaldo.

Subs: Casilla, Nacho, Benzema, Theo, Vazquez, Asensio, Kovacic.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
REAL MADRID TEAM NEWS

Team to play Villarreal: Luca, Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo, Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Bale, Isco, Ronaldo.

Whoa - that's surprising.
Bring on the tweaked hammies .....

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
It's not surprising they're going full strength at all. He's been resting them like mad lately and a game against a solid team a week from the final is perfect for them.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I've been living in Madrid for nearly two years and it's really opened my eyes to the club and what it's all about. Those things you hear about their fans only being happy to win the European Cup aren't true; they're only happy if they win the European Cup AND play exciting attacking football at the same time. Expectancy really is through the roof but then they are a club accustomed to winning everything, so why not?

We have a "love affair" with the European Cup, it feels a massive part of our identity and when we brought it home it really did feel like we'd brought it home. But these now have the chance for 13. 13! It's ridiculous. The league has been gone for them since December and they have proved to be a different animal entirely in the Champions League.

Last year when they won it there was a gigantic party, everyone spilled out into the streets to celebrate. Plaza de Cibeles in the centre of the city is their historic area of celebration and many thousands of people stayed there all night and all the next day, the tradition being that they don't leave until the team has returned and showed off the trophy, their trophy, to the fans. Their love of the European Cup is every bit as fierce and unflinching as ours is.

The expectancy to play exciting, attacking football will surely play into our hands. I wanted Munich to win the semi from a neutral point of view but from ours, Madrid really are the better opponent to face. Heynckes is the type of tactical manager that can really take a flying, attacking team and negate them. They'd have come with a plan to take the sting out of us and expose our frailties, and would've set up specifically to do so. Madrid, while hardly being oafs tactically, will play their game first and believe they have the matchwinners all over the pitch to get them over the line. They certainly won't be coming into next Saturday night thinking of doing a job on Salah, Mane and Firmino.

We will have our chances on the night, i'm absolutely confident of that. We have a great chance. But it is true that they've got match winners everywhere, ready to pounce if we don't take our chances. They do your head in to watch in the way that they find a way to win. We certainly don't want to go a goal down and have to chase anything. They often seem to play without any kind of system or distinct style, and rely on their big players to see them through. This will not be easy for us. We could blitz them 3 nil in the first half but i'd still fully expect to get to the last minute with the game still being alive. They don't know when they are beaten, especially in this competition. They are winners, love them or loathe them, and we've got to put in a near perfect performance if we want to tear their hands off of that trophy and bring it back to Merseyside again.

I can't fucking wait. This time next week and we'll all be in bits. I think we'll win it but looking at it logically it is so 50/50. One team full of youth and athleticism, the other full of experience and know-how. What I do know is that it's two beautiful clubs, two absolute heavyweights of the game and it's probably THE two teams who want that trophy the most. Give me these in the final over Man City or PSG any day of the week.

Last year in the morning of the semi-final draw, I went into the lunch hall in school and said to a little group of Atletico fans, 7 years old, that they'd drawn Madrid in the semis. I expected excitement and what I got were heads in hands and a boy who decided he didn't want to eat his lunch any more. He was inconsolable! I didn't understand it. Then they thrashed Atleti 3 nil in the first leg, and I was there at the Calderon for the second. The place was absolutely fucking bouncing. The last ever Champions League tie at the stadium, and within 20 minutes Atleti were 2 nil up. It was happening. Finally they'd get some revenge. Madrid were flailing. And then one Atleti mistake, seconds before half time, and Madrid got the away goal. Isco and Modric preceded to deny Atleti any possession of the ball and they totally killed it. That's what Real Madrid do. They can just fucking kill a team, no matter the strength of feeling, no matter the circumstances of the game. They are cold, ruthless, winners. I realised then why that kid lost his apetite at the thought of playing them. They can't ever be underestimated. We'll have fire in our bellies but they'll have ice in their veins.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 07:57:55 pm by alonsoisared »

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
Just think, exactly a week from now we'll already be 1-0 up.

Offline Geormajesty

• Legacy Fan
Just think, exactly a week from now we'll already be 1-0 up.
I'll have thrown up, passed out or had a heart attack probably.  ;D

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
Bale scored.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
I am certain they will start with the same line up as they are today.

They will play diamond in midfield and we will have to make sure that Bobby helps out in midfield to counter that.

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
Bale finding some of his best form of late. Scored in the last 4 games now.

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan

They will play diamond in midfield and we will have to make sure that Bobby helps out in midfield to counter that.

Yep he's testing it out.

They'll look to outnumber us in the middle with the addition of Isco.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
I hope Ramos continues in this vein.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub

Its a pisser he's fully fit to be honest

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Good job he won't be able to use his pace against us, same with Ronaldo, have no doubt that TAA and Robbo can keep up with them, not to mention Mane and Salah tracking back as well.

Offline Pradan

• Legacy Fan
Good job he won't be able to use his pace against us, same with Ronaldo, have no doubt that TAA and Robbo can keep up with them, not to mention Mane and Salah tracking back as well.

With Ronaldo, it's off the ball where the danger will be when it comes to him and TAA. Ronaldo hasn't used his pace as his main tool for what seems like 5-6 years now.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
With Ronaldo, it's off the ball where the danger will be when it comes to him and TAA. Ronaldo hasn't used his pace as his main tool for what seems like 5-6 years now.

True, have no doubt that they'll be targeting him all night in the same way City did with Sane, so need to make sure that he's on his game, which I have no doubt he will be.

Expecting a fair few balls over the top down our right.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Thats true while they have the ball but there are times they really empty the centre of the pitch and can be countered when they lose it. Was very evident vs Bayern and there have already been opportunities tonight but Villareal are so slow in attack

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
REAL MADRID TEAM NEWS

Apologies to the European experts as I dont watch foreign footy, but isnt that a different keeper?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
Apologies to the European experts as I dont watch foreign footy, but isnt that a different keeper?

It's Zidane's son. He won't play the final, that much I do know.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Zidane's son!

Offline Anthony

• Snot a Sailing Specialist. Has not signed for Manchester United. Misses Santa's knee!!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We don't need anyone to tell us this is golden...
Marcelo cross for Ronaldo unmarked in the area - 2-0

They'll be encouraged for next week by that but now I see a nice big hole on their right where Salah will be...
"We will win the European Cup one day. Aim for the moon and end up among the stars" - Gérard Houllier 2001

Thankyou Rafa and Jürgen  for taking us to Heaven!

"Hicks could have purchased Dallas' MLS franchise but decided not to. 'In hindsight, I probably made the wrong decision' he said" - Sports Illustrated/AP 2007

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Got to watch Ronaldo moving in the spaces between the defenders in the box. He's constantly moving, and I have this horrible thought of him getting his head on a cross unopposed, like he has done just now.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I didn't realise how much of their game is based on crossfield passes and crosses.

• Legacy Fan
Set pieces will be key, Ronaldo and Ramos are the best in the air in world football.

Crosses as well.

We will have to suffocate them in midfield and mark Isco out of the game