Author Topic: Where to watch the champs league final  (Read 241306 times)

Offline Roblaar

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Where to watch the champs league final
« Reply #40 on: May 5, 2018, 09:01:36 am »
I hadn't given it much thought until the quarters and then realised I was meant to be in the Outer Hebredies. Even worse, on a ferry at 7pm. I never knew Saturday evening ferries were a thing.

So I'm bailing on the family for the day and arriving in Harris first thing. A few early feelers suggest a couple of bars in Tarbert will have it on.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #41 on: May 5, 2018, 09:24:30 am »
Got a wedding in the middle of knowhere, good mate from school.Asked if they would be sound me going out of the wedding to watch the final.
Emphatic no.
Either go or the wedding or watch the match is the scenario.

Advice??

My mate got married on derby day. I was best man. I still managed to keep up with what was going on.

European cup final ? Tough one for you but only one bird will win
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: May 5, 2018, 09:28:15 am »
Got a wedding in the middle of knowhere, good mate from school.Asked if they would be sound me going out of the wedding to watch the final.
Emphatic no.

Advice??

Sorry, but the problem you have here is that you 'asked' if it was ok.

I don't see it as that big a deal leaving the night doo for a couple of hours then coming back later on..

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #43 on: May 5, 2018, 09:29:42 am »
Sorry, but the problem you have here is that you 'asked' if it was ok.

I don't see it as that big a deal leaving the night doo for a couple of hours then coming back later on..

And the more I think about it, some mate if he has a problem with dipping out for a few hours. Surely a good mate would understand for just a few hours. Balls to that
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #44 on: May 5, 2018, 09:29:48 am »
Anyone who gets married in the football season deserves all the shit and grief that, that woman can produce, on a daily basis, culminating in a messy divorce and her taking you for every fuckin penny.

Christening bellends need not apply for a life.

Holidayers want shooting. 
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: May 5, 2018, 10:10:56 am »
Anyone based in Sheffield?

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: May 5, 2018, 11:28:45 am »
on the same topic - anywhere in or around crewe someone would recommend?

Your half an hour on the train from Liverpool! Why on earth stay in Crewe?
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: May 5, 2018, 11:29:01 am »
Emphatic no.

Advice??
You said you'd go, but leave early, right? Its not like you're not making an effort.

Fuck them. Anyone who's that anal about full attendance to their wedding and on the other hand so little understanding of their friend's interests doesn't deserve to have you there.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: May 5, 2018, 11:31:33 am »
Emphatic no.

Advice??
They aren't your friends, brother

proper don't know what to do for this myself. In Madrid so my three options are to travel to Kiev which will have to involve 3 acts of pulling a sickie and a few hundred euro without even getting a ticket; fly to Liverpool which is also now a couple of hundred euro and i probably won't get a place to stay, or just stay here and watch in the bar that the supporters club watch it in. That last one would be easiest but imagine we lose and every c*nt in the city is out celebrating while i'm trying to get the metro home. It might be the end of me
« Last Edit: May 5, 2018, 11:34:05 am by alonsoisared »

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: May 5, 2018, 12:11:58 pm »

proper don't know what to do for this myself. In Madrid so my three options are to travel to Kiev which will have to involve 3 acts of pulling a sickie and a few hundred euro without even getting a ticket; fly to Liverpool which is also now a couple of hundred euro and i probably won't get a place to stay, or just stay here and watch in the bar that the supporters club watch it in. That last one would be easiest but imagine we lose and every c*nt in the city is out celebrating while i'm trying to get the metro home. It might be the end of me

Just find an Atleti bar.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #50 on: May 5, 2018, 12:38:50 pm »
Emphatic no.

Advice??

It's 90 minutes out of a whole day you'll be celebrating their 'special day'. Plus it'll be at a time the evening lot are all turning up and they probably won't notice you not being there for a little bit.

I'd not be letting them dictate if I want to sneak off and watch it personally. Fuck 'em.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: May 5, 2018, 12:45:32 pm »
Emphatic no.

Advice??

get new mates
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #52 on: May 5, 2018, 01:26:11 pm »
Are you the only one who wants to watch it? I'd imagine there are other blokes there who might want to. After all it's the CL final...

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #53 on: May 5, 2018, 01:28:19 pm »
You've enough time between now and the wedding to lay an elaborate plan to make it look like she's cheating on him and get the whole thing called off.

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #54 on: May 5, 2018, 01:32:01 pm »

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #55 on: May 5, 2018, 01:36:04 pm »
It's 90 minutes out of a whole day you'll be celebrating their 'special day'.

Fuck that.  We will be celebrating OUR special day!!
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline jdegner

• Main Stander
  • LOVREN 90+1
« Reply #56 on: May 5, 2018, 01:41:16 pm »
I’ll be off to Kiev with no chance for a ticket.
Do you reckon there will be large screens in the city for both sets of fans, like there were in Basel? Any news on that anywhere? Thanks a bunch.

Offline cugsey

• Kemlynite
« Reply #57 on: May 5, 2018, 03:45:55 pm »
Any USA fans out there, will be southern Oregon area on the 101 or possibly just into northern California. Advice as to small costal town with good selection of bars to watch the final

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #58 on: May 5, 2018, 04:05:15 pm »

The Triskle? Been there, know a few of them.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #59 on: May 5, 2018, 04:07:24 pm »
Any USA fans out there, will be southern Oregon area on the 101 or possibly just into northern California. Advice as to small costal town with good selection of bars to watch the final

As it's on Fox..any place will do. Probably even your own hotel. Just don't expect loads of LFC supporters to be there.. ;)
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: May 5, 2018, 04:13:00 pm »
well i was gona come down to liverpool ...to watch ,, all hotels booked up tho wtf  :butt

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: May 5, 2018, 04:30:33 pm »
Any Liverpool pubs in Glasgow?
sure be plenty and even more now  .. since stevi g is moving up there

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #62 on: May 5, 2018, 05:04:28 pm »
You've enough time between now and the wedding to lay an elaborate plan to make it look like she's cheating on him and get the whole thing called off.

That was my first thought. Then I considered how long a bomb scare would mean you have to be out for...
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #63 on: May 5, 2018, 05:11:32 pm »
I’m at the neighbourhood weekender festival in Warrington.

What are the chances of there being a screen there? If not I’ll get it on my phone, I’m sure plenty around me will want to watch it as well
YNWA - JFT97

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #64 on: May 5, 2018, 05:30:56 pm »
I think your so called mate is very selfish.  You are going to the damn thing all day, and a couple of hours  out is nothing at all.  Its quite commonplace for people to leave the main venue and return after a while.  Unless he wants you to be welded to his side, there will be large chunks of the day when he won't see you anyway.  Sod him for his lousy attitude.
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: May 5, 2018, 05:53:01 pm »
The Triskle? Been there, know a few of them.
thats the one mate. Decent little place but a very small bit of room where the big screen is...decisions decisions

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: May 5, 2018, 05:57:11 pm »
I think your so called mate is very selfish.  You are going to the damn thing all day, and a couple of hours  out is nothing at all.  Its quite commonplace for people to leave the main venue and return after a while.  Unless he wants you to be welded to his side, there will be large chunks of the day when he won't see you anyway.  Sod him for his lousy attitude.

It's 90 minutes out of a whole day you'll be celebrating their 'special day'. Plus it'll be at a time the evening lot are all turning up and they probably won't notice you not being there for a little bit.

I'd not be letting them dictate if I want to sneak off and watch it personally. Fuck 'em.

This. With the arrival of evening guests, and the overall whirlwind of everything, at no point is the bride or groom gunna be at a loose end and say "where's so-and-so gone?"... Unless you skip out when you're supposed to be giving a speech or something.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #67 on: May 5, 2018, 06:39:45 pm »
This. With the arrival of evening guests, and the overall whirlwind of everything, at no point is the bride or groom gunna be at a loose end and say "where's so-and-so gone?"... Unless you skip out when you're supposed to be giving a speech or something.

Bridezilla springs to mind, seriously OTT to be worried about a few people wanting to watch a huge event in there lives for a couple of hours within your own. Spread the happiness FFS. I’d bin it off!

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #68 on: May 5, 2018, 07:37:35 pm »
Bridezilla springs to mind, seriously OTT to be worried about a few people wanting to watch a huge event in there lives for a couple of hours within your own. Spread the happiness FFS. I’d bin it off!

Is right.  Its the sheer dictatorial nature of the blank "no".  Its weird coming from a fella - the normal reaction I'd expect would be "fine" or some daft remark like he'd sneak out with you or something.  A strange mate you have. 
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Online kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #69 on: May 5, 2018, 07:56:23 pm »
Just tell them you are watching it and you WILL be leaving for 2 hours. If they don't like the sound of it, ask them if they'd rather you didn't bother going at all.

Get it sorted up front. Not fair to piss them about on the day.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #70 on: May 5, 2018, 08:11:47 pm »
The bierkella in Liverpool 1 might be an option.

But I think I'm going to still round the ropewalks. Loads of bars round there .

Just stay away from concert square and I'll think anyone would be ok

Offline LucasL21

• Main Stander
« Reply #71 on: May 5, 2018, 08:28:27 pm »
Not posted for ages, mostly just lurk reading but hoping for some help. Anybody know if anfield will be showing it on big screens like the quarters and semis? Cheers!
"Those weren't lucky goals, born out of desperation, they were masterpieces of passion."

JFT96

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: May 5, 2018, 08:39:43 pm »

Wrong thread Maggie.   ;D

You want the wedding dilema thread.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: May 5, 2018, 08:41:03 pm »
The bierkella in Liverpool 1 might be an option.

But I think I'm going to still round the ropewalks. Loads of bars round there .

Just stay away from concert square and I'll think anyone would be ok

I was there on Wednesday. It wa great.  Why dont you think it will be good?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #74 on: May 5, 2018, 09:13:48 pm »
I was there on Wednesday. It wa great.  Why dont you think it will be good?

Past experience. I'd say the same about the camp and furnace.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #75 on: May 5, 2018, 09:20:25 pm »
Anyone else ever get asked to something and look at what football is happening that day before responding? 😂

My sisters come round on game day they know they're wasting their time
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #76 on: May 5, 2018, 09:23:06 pm »
Going to repeat my steps of Istanbul 2005, Sadly without my dad this time but he'll be there watching over us im sure. I'll even buy two pints every time I go to the bar

If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #77 on: May 5, 2018, 09:23:06 pm »
Emphatic no.

Advice??

There can be no compromise? Can they not be talked around? Most friends and family know how much Liverpool means to us. It’s also not any other game, it’s a CL final. It’s probably the biggest one off club football game on earth.
YWNA

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #78 on: May 5, 2018, 09:40:01 pm »
Liverpool

Can't wait. Lucky enough I have a friend living there.

No idea where we going or what we are doing, but can't wait.

We simply need to "let loose the dogs of Hell".

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #79 on: May 5, 2018, 09:49:39 pm »
So, is the club going to put up screens at Anfield?

If so, then being there is the next best thing to, well, actually being there.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2018, 08:54:51 pm by Kennys from heaven »
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here