Author Topic: Kenny  (Read 14770 times)

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Kenny
« on: November 24, 2017, 12:39:54 pm »
Can't believe there isn't a thread about this new film!  Anyone seen it?

What a man he is.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Kenny
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 12:50:25 pm »
Definitely going on my list to Father Christmas! And will get it for my Dad too. Haven’t seen it yet though, have you? Looks essential viewing.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 12:52:32 pm »
Unfortunately I will have to wait until christmas. I stupidly mentioned it to my wife as a possible little something from the kids. She has done that so i will have to wait unless I sneak it and watch it during the night (hmmm, might just do that)
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 12:54:18 pm »
bought the dvd on amazon as an xmas pressie for my bro. He's stranded out in Oz, so im sure he'll enjoy this!

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 01:14:08 pm »
Definitely going on my list to Father Christmas! And will get it for my Dad too. Haven’t seen it yet though, have you? Looks essential viewing.

Yeah, watched the DVD this morning.  Its a great documentary, well produced and edited.  But the story of the King is at the heart of it, and like I say even though most of us know most of the story, there are little gems offering new insights to the man that he is. Get your tissues ready!

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2017, 01:48:33 pm »
Get your tissues ready!

Are the goals that good?

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 02:38:59 pm »
On a slight tangent he's on Sunday Brunch this weekend, no doubt promoting this...
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Nottsred

• Main Stander
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2017, 07:16:58 am »
Very good watch, I was surprised to see his relationship with Paul seemed strained at times?

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2017, 07:48:21 am »

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2017, 10:46:55 am »
Are the goals that good?
did you miss the 80's?

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2017, 10:50:12 am »
did you miss the 80's?

No, just wanted to make a cheap wanking gag.

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2017, 10:27:51 am »
Kenny is on sunday brunch now

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2017, 10:52:39 am »
Saw it at FACT in town last week. The Heysel and Hiilsborough sections are hard to watch, as usual for anyone that was there, but it’s a must for any Reds fan. You get a real sense of his playing ability, why he resigned and his sense of humour.

The graininess of the pics from the ‘80s (it only seems about a decade ago to some of us) did detract from it a bit, especially on the big screen.

Offline Justanotherfan

• Main Stander
  • Dorohedoro!
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2017, 05:14:58 am »
Did they really use my coloured version of his iconic photo for dvd cover?  ;D :scarf
I'm so proud!

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2017, 05:24:13 pm »
Dad's xmas present sorted.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #15 on: December 7, 2017, 12:29:29 am »
For those of you with Sky, just spotted this in the Sky Store on the buy and keep deal for £13.99 the Shankly one is in there too, same deal.

Not sure what the criteria is for them becoming available for rental only, as I got rid of my Blu Ray player (schoolboy error)
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline lloydiethe1st

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 5, 2018, 03:21:03 am »
Has anyone come across a torrent or stream for this?
"Djimi gives us another dimension, we're just not sure of what that dimension is!"

"If some laboratory ever tried to invent the perfect football fan, they'd struggle to better what I've seen at Liverpool."

http://HDTV.Giveaway.co.uk/index.php?referral=204117

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #17 on: January 5, 2018, 04:00:23 am »
Saw this thread at the top of the page and my heart sank, thought it was bad news!

Didn't know about this, will be purchasing asap. I torrent a lot of stuff but pay for things I feel are worth it. This is one of those occasions and shouldn't be torrented by reds.

Offline TheCunningScorpion

• Main Stander
« Reply #18 on: January 5, 2018, 04:09:49 am »
Saw this thread at the top of the page and my heart sank, thought it was bad news!

Didn't know about this, will be purchasing asap. I torrent a lot of stuff but pay for things I feel are worth it. This is one of those occasions and shouldn't be torrented by reds.

The King lives forever!

Offline ManiacKop

• Smited by a Mighty Smiter.
  • Anny Roader
  • Here’s to swimming with Darwin's evolved fishes...
« Reply #19 on: January 5, 2018, 07:55:55 am »
Id love to meet him. If only to give him a hug.
I thought the movie was great. Emotional but great.

On a side note, also watched the arsenal dvd ‘89’. That was interesting although I wonder how many of our players and manager were suffering from some sort of PTSD or depression. Even then, Kenny stood like a colossus. The definition of loyalty.
Not the best walking advert for Intelligent Design.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: January 5, 2018, 08:01:51 am »
Id love to meet him. If only to give him a hug.
I thought the movie was great. Emotional but great.

On a side note, also watched the arsenal dvd ‘89’. That was interesting although I wonder how many of our players and manager were suffering from some sort of PTSD or depression. Even then, Kenny stood like a colossus. The definition of loyalty.

To me that season when the football was resumed was all about winning the fa cup and I think that was reflected in how the defeat was taken . Not seen the arsenal DVD but i would hope a prominent mention was made to the reaction at the end to arsenal who were warmly applauded and congratulated when they celebrated and paraded . To me and my mates who'd been at hillsborogh the fa cup was the one .

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #21 on: January 5, 2018, 10:00:24 am »

What a man he is.
pretty sure there was a thread

i had a decent look at it. typically everyone was wrecked on the 27th december so room all quiet. as soon as we stick the dvd in of course

YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP

I think though everyone (even those that didnt want to watch it) were hooked on him talking about Hillsborough. when he is standing at the top of the hill and talking about it. there is one clip Kenny is clearly choking back tears. you see the pain etched on his face

what a man
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #22 on: January 5, 2018, 10:01:50 am »
Between me, my brother and my dad we got 4 copies of it for Christmas! Not watched it yet, one for this weekend I think.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #23 on: January 5, 2018, 10:04:30 am »
Between me, my brother and my dad we got 4 copies of it for Christmas! Not watched it yet, one for this weekend I think.
haha. i bought it for my brother. had to tell him before hand otherwise he would have bought it
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline stevieheighway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Were Gonna win the League
« Reply #24 on: January 5, 2018, 10:05:24 am »
No, just wanted to make a cheap wanking gag.

That's called your gag reflex, you know with a bit of effort you can learn to control it..
I'm really looking forward to the future. People can say it's going to be grim if they want but i'm a Liverpool fan...and I don't fucking believe them.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #25 on: January 5, 2018, 12:46:45 pm »
Very good watch, I was surprised to see his relationship with Paul seemed strained at times?

I think it just showed how a Scottish man of Kenny's generation deals with his son.  I say that with the insight of having Scottish in-laws.  Lots of joshing but deep down he showed pride at how his son had found another way forward in his career in difficult circumstances.

Hopefully it will bring wider appreciation beyond LFC fans.  There seems to be a growing irritation at Kenny not being knighted and I don't think the non-LFC world has properly recognised the burden he bore for Hillsborough.

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #26 on: January 5, 2018, 07:06:06 pm »
dropped on a copy for xmas from the inlaws so will be watching over the weekend

Offline lauraRED

• Anny Roader
« Reply #27 on: January 6, 2018, 09:58:45 pm »

What a man he is.
im coming off this thread, I got this film it for Xmas but I want to watch it alone as my boy hates football, but judging by your first comment it sounds quite a watch:-)

Offline GIPPO77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: January 6, 2018, 10:18:38 pm »
Where can I buy/view the film?
YNWA

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #29 on: January 6, 2018, 10:22:39 pm »
I picked up the DVD yesterday, reduced to £5 in Fopp if there's one near you (hmv is usually the same price).

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #30 on: January 6, 2018, 10:24:40 pm »
Where can I buy/view the film?
I rented it via the Sky store over christmas. Great watch.
A Great man once said...
It is terribly simple."

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #31 on: January 6, 2018, 10:38:48 pm »
Xmas pressie foe me, waiting for an empty house to watch it uninterrupted.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline zjim

• Kopite
« Reply #32 on: January 6, 2018, 11:05:09 pm »
« Last Edit: January 6, 2018, 11:06:59 pm by zjim »

Offline Juanyboy

• Kopite
  • Enjoying the sun, missing the football
« Reply #33 on: January 6, 2018, 11:09:30 pm »
Brilliant film

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #34 on: January 6, 2018, 11:15:08 pm »
Now there's a legend!
Not these modern diving, cheating fannies who can't take a blow and don't know anything about principle.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline BobOnATank

• Kopite
« Reply #35 on: January 7, 2018, 01:01:00 am »
Anyone still wanting to see this go here:

[no thanks]

great watch.

direct link: [no thanks]

No thanks I'd rather give a living legend a few quid. I'm sure he's doing ok but he wasn't on gazillions as a player.

Edit so not as to preserve the links.
« Last Edit: January 7, 2018, 01:47:09 am by BobOnATank »

Offline StormyDog

• You know had only 4 shots on target
  • Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be Heroes
« Reply #36 on: January 7, 2018, 01:08:57 am »
No thanks I'd rather give a living legend a few quid. I'm sure he's doing ok but he wasn't on gazillions as a player.
✅ I’m stunned someone would post a ripped film link for that movie
Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #37 on: January 7, 2018, 09:39:54 am »
I think it just showed how a Scottish man of Kenny's generation deals with his son.  I say that with the insight of having Scottish in-laws.  Lots of joshing but deep down he showed pride at how his son had found another way forward in his career in difficult circumstances.

Hopefully it will bring wider appreciation beyond LFC fans.  There seems to be a growing irritation at Kenny not being knighted and I don't think the non-LFC world has properly recognised the burden he bore for Hillsborough.

Do you really think Kenny would accept a knighthood, given what an establishment cover up there was after Hillsborough?

Re the Arsenal ‘89 film, I haven’t seen it, but I have heard Lee Dixon talking about it and he talks warmly about the reception we gave them afterwards. 

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #38 on: January 7, 2018, 10:13:56 am »
Watched it again last night properly on my own, brilliant! Also really enjoyed the extras on the DVD too, gave a real personal insight to the whole family
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline Jinxsy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Ich bin ein Berliever
« Reply #39 on: January 7, 2018, 09:40:36 pm »
The club should send a copy of the DVD to every new STH, member or junior who joins the list. It should be a mandatory watch for anyone who wants to visit Anfield.

There are few true legends, not just for us, but for any club. Kenny has done more for this club, and us by extension, than anyone could ever have expected him to. A true legend.

Love this and anyone trying to get it on the snide should give their heads a knock.