Author Topic: Brazil v Ghana and Spain v France  (Read 40039 times)

Offline Arch_Stanton

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Brazil v Ghana and Spain v France
« Reply #560 on: June 28, 2006, 06:55:52 pm »
Why the fuck did people want France to win against our boys?!?! ??? Still fuckin gutted :'(

I was fuckin made up when Spain got knocked out. Typical overated big time chokers and their racist c*nt of a manager. Loved it when Vieira told him to shut it. 

As for 'our boys', well I'm sure they're very dissapointed, but at least we get them back without any injuries.

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #561 on: June 29, 2006, 09:29:11 am »
And your point is what exactly?

That the FA correctly ruled in Rio's case? When most claimed he should have been banned for 2 years per the letter of the law.

Drugs in sport is a different issue than on pitch/field/rink behaviour isn't it?

Do you think a head butt would be a  one game suspension in the NBA or MLB where helmets are not used?  I think not..probably 5-10 and a fine. Depending on the players history.

Pitcher Kenny Rogers was suspended 20 games  and fined $50,000 for shoving a cameraman who was slightly injured when he fell backwards.

Can you see the FA, FIFA, Uefa doing that? ( tbf with the amount of games baseball plays, this would be the equivalent of around a 5 match suspension)

What sort of question is that. 'whats you point'? Its not a different issue at all, its f**king cheating off the highest order which is what my post was in response to!!!!

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #562 on: June 29, 2006, 11:18:56 am »
Maybe the US isn't a great example but any neutral observer looking at many of the games played in this world cup so far would think it was a stupid game where cheating is rewarded and violent play goes largely unpunished.

Imagine if you were trying to introduce a group of people to football and you sat them down in front of that Portugal v Holland game, do you think they'd be impressed?

It isn't just this tournament either, although for me this world cup has mostly lacked the really good football that usually helps to balance things out.
Legacy fan

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #563 on: June 29, 2006, 01:50:07 pm »
Thats fair enough. You really have to wonder about FIFA and their will to enforce these things though. It could all be put to bed very, very quickly with threats of long suspensions, point deduction and exclusion of national associations for more serious offences. The introduction of tv replay would stop it immediately but thats a different story.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #564 on: June 29, 2006, 01:55:08 pm »
Although I think he's a dirty cheat for doing it, Henry's actions were akin to the hundreds of players that go down clutching their knees rolling around in agony when there's just been a tangle of legs and they've lost the ball.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #565 on: June 29, 2006, 02:04:07 pm »
Although I think he's a dirty cheat for doing it, Henry's actions were akin to the hundreds of players that go down clutching their knees rolling around in agony when there's just been a tangle of legs and they've lost the ball.

I don't agree, if a player raises his hands and strikes someone in the face it should be an instant dismissal - he was trying to get Puyol sent off. A tangle of legs isn't a mandatory red card offence.

Offline Rizla

• Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Once a knob always a knob
« Reply #566 on: June 29, 2006, 07:33:45 pm »
Why the fuck did people want France to win against our boys?!?! ??? Still fuckin gutted :'(

We still have 'our boys' in the England team...you know, Gerrard, Carragher and Crouch, at least 2 of those will be involved at some point :wave

Had mixed feelings about this result. Was disappointed for Xabi and Luis, but dont like Aragones and have to say the ABE crowd throwing their weight behind Spain has kind of turned me off them a bit...though some of the moaning after the match was quite funny to neutral observers here. Also my grandma is half French and them winning made her week ;)

On the match itself...well, typical Spain I suppose, play good stuff before but when the heat was on they wilted, though they werent helped by Henry's histrionics, they deserved to lose. Peaked too early...and as Greece have showed, the most fluent and attractive sides dont necessarily win competitions