Author Topic: Wrexham FC  (Read 48367 times)

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Wrexham FC
« Reply #640 on: October 26, 2023, 04:03:09 pm »
Been enjoying the new ones. The young girl who lost her dad and plays for the women's team, just brilliant. So emotional.

I think it might have been mentioned on here in the past but I'm pretty sure Humphrey is a red.

Yeah he got Rob McIllheney into Footie via the Barcelona game.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Br-y_NHAlDI/?hl=en-gb

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #641 on: April 13, 2024, 05:13:41 pm »
Back to back promotions confirmed.

League one may be a step too far on their current investment and the financial rules for them to work with. But still a nice story

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #642 on: April 13, 2024, 05:15:18 pm »
Fantastic achievement.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #643 on: April 13, 2024, 05:16:06 pm »
Back to back promotions confirmed.

League one may be a step too far on their current investment and the financial rules for them to work with. But still a nice story

I think they have a good chance at consolidating League One with the quality of some of their players, their manager and Shaun Harvey would be quite canny too I suspect.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #644 on: April 13, 2024, 05:35:10 pm »
I think they have a good chance at consolidating League One with the quality of some of their players, their manager and Shaun Harvey would be quite canny too I suspect.
Agreed. Not a massive gulf between both divisions.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #645 on: April 13, 2024, 05:53:19 pm »
I can’t put my finger on why, but I can’t stand Phil Parkinson.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #646 on: April 13, 2024, 06:14:54 pm »
Brilliant achievement, made up for them.....I eagerly await the Welcome To Wrexham episodes documenting it....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #647 on: April 13, 2024, 08:52:09 pm »
Agreed. Not a massive gulf between both divisions.

I was thinking this myself, I expect them to be aiming for a play off place

I saw Tranmere the other week, they have improved from earlier in the season
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #648 on: April 13, 2024, 08:56:07 pm »
I was thinking this myself, I expect them to be aiming for a play off place

I saw Tranmere the other week, they have improved from earlier in the season
Mainly thanks to Nigel Adkins, although they still can turn a bit from Jekyll to Hyde or vice versa.

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #649 on: April 13, 2024, 09:29:42 pm »
Have they released a doc about the last promotion yet?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #650 on: April 13, 2024, 09:49:07 pm »
Have they released a doc about the last promotion yet?

Yes. That was the last series on Disney+.

The newest one will cover this season (though the on field action will not be as heavy because of TV rights of league football)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #651 on: April 13, 2024, 10:19:26 pm »
Well done them.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #652 on: April 13, 2024, 11:49:01 pm »

The newest one will cover this season (though the on field action will not be as heavy because of TV rights of league football)

Season 3 is being released 2nd May, apparently only 8 episodes long though, it's being released earlier [rather than September] so it's closer to the events that's happening around the club.
#Sausages

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #653 on: April 14, 2024, 12:33:21 am »
Well done Wrexham, back to back promotions is a great achievement
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: April 14, 2024, 03:29:13 am »
Congratulations to Stockport County, for their much more impressive (and authentic, and less financially doped) achievement getting promoted to league 1!

Just seen they're managed by Dave Challinor, which was a blast from the past - master of the long throw before anyone heard of Rory Delap or Pulis

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #655 on: April 14, 2024, 03:58:14 am »
Haven't they just outspent everyone though? Man City on a much smaller scale
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online SK8 Red

• A spanking! A spanking!
  • Main Stander
  • Supporting since 1983 at a guess
« Reply #656 on: April 14, 2024, 07:42:09 am »
Congratulations to Stockport County, for their much more impressive (and authentic, and less financially doped) achievement getting promoted to league 1!

Just seen they're managed by Dave Challinor, which was a blast from the past - master of the long throw before anyone heard of Rory Delap or Pulis
Nice post and I was there today. Stockport have spent but having not spent for 14 years and falling to tier 6 football, then I just see it as catching up. Proper football club with local owner who is also energising the town and ridding us of 115 FC supporters hopefully. Fair play to Wrexham and looking forward to the guard of honour on the 27th in their backyard

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: April 14, 2024, 07:43:46 am »
Haven't they just outspent everyone though? Man City on a much smaller scale

They have, their wages would be high in League One, let alone League Two, James Maclean is on a 'Championship' level salary. They're allowed to spend 55% of revenue and their revenue dwarfed any other side in League 2. Eventually they'll get to a level where financially they're on an even keel with the rest of the league they're in, likely to be the Championship, it's difficult to see them getting bigger than that, although Reynolds and Mcelhenney seem very good at marketing and have turned Wrexham into a brand so it's not inconceivable that a lot more money gets pumped in via endorsements and stuff.

My guess would be they get to the Championship where they stagnate.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #658 on: April 14, 2024, 08:03:34 am »

Stockport have spent relatively big to get from non league to League One, they've got a rich owner.

Wrexham's budget is ludicrous though. They had a wage budget higher than most League One clubs while in non league last season and lost over 5 million quid, their wage bill would have increased a lot more with the likes of James Mcclean signing and a big new contract for Mullin and the like. Not exactly being run prudently. They're more the Man City of League Two and non league last season. or a bigger version of Salford. The owners are charging interest on the loans they've put in as well and they're making huge losses. Like Salford it's all boosted PR with the disneyfied TV show.

Glad for both fanbases though, as they're two League One level clubs and fanbases who've been through the ringer over the last 15-20 years. Stockport were going well in The Championship in the 90s. They're back where they should be, but compare it to Luton who rose through the leagues a lot more authentically without just writing cheques. With the budget they'll have they should be promoted next season, or at least play offs.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 08:10:19 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #659 on: April 14, 2024, 10:30:44 am »
Leaving Wrexham aside and don’t know how anyone can say Stockport County haven’t been financially doped. If it wasn’t for Wrexham’s even more egregious spending, people would be talking about how Stockport have bought their way up the leagues.

They’ve both done it, fair enough, they’re not big enough clubs to sustain it above League One and it will be tough for them both next season. I wish them both well but let’s call a spade a spade, they’re both financially doped up to the gills.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #660 on: April 14, 2024, 11:40:02 am »
Leaving Wrexham aside and don’t know how anyone can say Stockport County haven’t been financially doped. If it wasn’t for Wrexham’s even more egregious spending, people would be talking about how Stockport have bought their way up the leagues.

They’ve both done it, fair enough, they’re not big enough clubs to sustain it above League One and it will be tough for them both next season. I wish them both well but let’s call a spade a spade, they’re both financially doped up to the gills.

There's always clubs at that level who are. Salford bought their way out of non league but have struggled to do the same in League Two.

Difference with Wrexham is the numbers involved. Their non league wage bill last season was insane. It was higher than Rotherham and Plymouth who got promoted to The Championship. Increased further still this season, it blows everyone out the water in League Two. I don't know but i'm not sure if Stockport's budget is the 2nd highest and much ahead of the next clubs. The numbers won't be as stark, clubs like Notts County and Mansfield will be close enough budget wise but they've still gone out and by the looks of it won the division with a much lower budget than Wrexham. In monetary terms Wrexham not comfortably winning that league is a failure.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #661 on: April 14, 2024, 11:56:22 am »
Not a massive follower of lower league stuff but I think there's definite truth to that idea that getting out of the National League is harder than getting out of League 2. Knew they'd be around the top this season with their firepower but they looked to be leaking goals still at the start of the season, Ben Foster was still there too before retiring again. I feel like there was a bit less fanfare this time around, maybe that's allowed them to just get on with things and seal another promotion without all the madness of the last two seasons coming round again.

Interesting to see how they do in League 1 but with their budget I can see them getting promotion again within the next few years. Mullin has never really played at that level so might be a test to see if the goals carry over at the same level. They can probably attract some players who'll really stand out at that level, I'm talking ones who might not long be done at Premier League level. Maybe get some good young players in on loan from the top academies and they're building to go up again. The difference between a lot of League 1 and League 2 sides won't be massive but I imagine the teams at the top of League 1 would mostly batter the ones at the bottom of League 2. If you're a midtable side in either league with a constantly changing set of players that's where I reckon it's probably hard to judge at times.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: April 14, 2024, 11:38:57 pm »

Thanks. Watched a few and it's not as good as the first.