Author Topic: The Road To Kiev - How are you getting there?  (Read 40270 times)

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
Re: The Road To Kiev - How are you getting there?
« Reply #40 on: May 8, 2018, 12:48:49 pm »
Good going, that.

I had booked a hostel for £6 a night as well, but couldn't work out whether i'd booked a quadruple room, or one bed in a four person dorm. Tried calling and it's fair to say there was a bit of a language barrier, which ended with them hanging up the phone to my pigeon English  ;D

Yeah - I did the same after they cancelled our original hostel. Looked like I'd booked for eight people in two bunks. But I kept looking / refreshing and found a decentish hotel that would accommodate all of us. Its the other side of the river but the Uber estimate for a cab to the centre or the stadium was 110 UAH (£3) and about 15 minutes.

Just got to keep our fingers crossed that they don't cancel on us as well.

The Liverpool to Warsaw return flights for our trip are still available for £378 (we paid £70). The sleeper trains have now sold out but there are routes from Warsaw still (that coach innovations return for £159 being one option). So you could still do it too and from Liverpool for £537 - which isn't exactly cheap - but it sure beats £1000 day trips
Long live the King

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #41 on: May 8, 2018, 12:53:32 pm »
Yeah - I did the same after they cancelled our original hostel. Looked like I'd booked for eight people in two bunks. But I kept looking / refreshing and found a decentish hotel that would accommodate all of us. Its the other side of the river but the Uber estimate for a cab to the centre or the stadium was 110 UAH (£3) and about 15 minutes.

Just got to keep our fingers crossed that they don't cancel on us as well.

The Liverpool to Warsaw return flights for our trip are still available for £378 (we paid £70). The sleeper trains have now sold out but there are routes from Warsaw still (that coach innovations return for £159 being one option). So you could still do it too and from Liverpool for £537 - which isn't exactly cheap - but it sure beats £1000 day trips

Yeah, I suspect there are still routes that can be found. Problem with some of them is time as well, and whether you have that, as much as the finances.

I did look after the second leg in Rome for a mate and at that point you could have got to Kiev and back, Thurs to Mon, for £160. That was return flight to Warsaw and an overnight bus from Warsaw to Kiev on Thurs night and back Sun night, so you only then needed a room Fri and Sat. Don't get me wrong it would have been a gruelling trip, like, but as you say, for a serious saving, probably well worth it. Not sure if that option is still there now though.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline MarkML

• Kopite
« Reply #42 on: May 8, 2018, 01:01:49 pm »
Liverpool to Milan on the Thursday afternoon with Ryanair. Into Milan for pints and good the. Out to airport for a 04.00am flight to kiev arriving the Friday morning at 07.40am.

Flying back through Brussels on the Sunday night followed by an early 07am flight to manc. Followed by a period of steady body decline.

We gambled on flights before the Roma first leg in anticipation of the current prices

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: May 8, 2018, 02:32:39 pm »
Wednesday: Luton - Vilnius
Thursday: Vilnius - Kiev

Sunday: Kiev - Minsk
Monday: Minsk - Warsaw
Monday: Warsaw - Luton
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #44 on: May 8, 2018, 03:35:56 pm »
Yeah, I suspect there are still routes that can be found. Problem with some of them is time as well, and whether you have that, as much as the finances.

I do wonder what the people who haven’t got the time / holidays would have done if the final was still midweek.

Monday is a bank holiday so max most people would need is two days’ leave. If you can’t spare / wangle that for a champions league final then I don’t know what. I’ve been looking for mates and there’s still some great routes for less than £400 leaving Thursday back Monday from NW, closer to £300 from London. Also routes leaving Thursday night (so just one day’s leave required for most) for less than £500. I don’t get the clamour to pay a fortune to get up at the crack of dawn, get on a direct flight, go the game, and go straight home. Plenty of fun to be had for half the price.
« Last Edit: May 8, 2018, 03:46:45 pm by Barry Banana »
Long live the King

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: May 8, 2018, 03:47:49 pm »
I do wonder what the people who haven’t got the time / holidays would have done if the final was still midweek.

Monday is a bank holiday so max most people would need is two days’ leave. If you can’t spare / wangle that for a champions league final then I don’t know what. I’ve been looking for mates and there’s still some great routes for less than £400 leaving Thursday from NW, closer to £300 from London. Also routes leaving Thursday night (so just one day’s leave required for most) for less than £500. I don’t get the clamour to pay a fortune to get up at the crack of dawn, get on a direct flight, go the game, and go straight home. Plenty of fun to be had for half the price.

Just less hassle, I have not seen a cheaper option without at least 2 flights and long connections.

If I go I'd prefer to have either fly in fly out or two day stop with direct flights, I'd prefer a less hassle option.

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #46 on: May 8, 2018, 04:07:19 pm »
Just less hassle, I have not seen a cheaper option without at least 2 flights and long connections.

If I go I'd prefer to have either fly in fly out or two day stop with direct flights, I'd prefer a less hassle option.

It depends what you mean by long connections. Six or seven hours waiting in an airport is grim. But the best routes currently available involve staying somewhere between flights. I don't see that as hassle at all. A flight to a European city I've not been to, a nice meal and a few drinks, and then on to my destination the following day. The same on the way back but with a different European city. Its a great experience with a group of friends. To me, its what following Liverpool over Europe is all about. If you consider that hassle then I'd suggest trying to enjoy your experiences more.
Long live the King

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #47 on: May 8, 2018, 04:07:27 pm »

Monday is a bank holiday so max most people would need is two days’ leave. If you can’t spare / wangle that for a champions league final then I don’t know what. I’ve been looking for mates and there’s still some great routes for less than £400 leaving Thursday back Monday from NW, closer to £300 from London. Also routes leaving Thursday night (so just one day’s leave required for most) for less than £500. I don’t get the clamour to pay a fortune to get up at the crack of dawn, get on a direct flight, go the game, and go straight home. Plenty of fun to be had for half the price.

All depends on your work circumstances. For example, I can't clash with any of my colleagues' holidays and also I work bank holidays. This all equals an expensive day trip for me. If it was midweek this year I wouldn't be going at all.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Jay_Mc

• Kopite
« Reply #48 on: May 8, 2018, 04:10:09 pm »
It depends what you mean by long connections. Six or seven hours waiting in an airport is grim. But the best routes currently available involve staying somewhere between flights. I don't see that as hassle at all. A flight to a European city I've not been to, a nice meal and a few drinks, and then on to my destination the following day. The same on the way back but with a different European city. Its a great experience with a group of friends. To me, its what following Liverpool over Europe is all about. If you consider that hassle then I'd suggest trying to enjoy your experiences more.

Can you PM me some info on those routes? It might help a mate out.
What would you rather - Tell your kids you sat and moaned on an internet forum or that you done something about it

Join Your Union

www.spiritofshankly.com

Offline redmanraj

• Main Stander
« Reply #49 on: May 8, 2018, 04:15:46 pm »
London - Brussels - Kyiv 25th May
Kyiv - Brussels - London 27th May

Booked after the City game £400 return

Air Bnb booked at the same time too, all confirmed (lots of emails from owner regarding airport pickups and general Kyiv information. Happy days

See you all there  :wave

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #50 on: May 8, 2018, 04:29:12 pm »
All depends on your work circumstances. For example, I can't clash with any of my colleagues' holidays and also I work bank holidays. This all equals an expensive day trip for me. If it was midweek this year I wouldn't be going at all.

I accept it will be the only option for some people - but it looks like all day trips are being sold out seconds after they're on and with each release of flights prices are increasing. I expect many on those day trips do have the work flexibility to do much cheaper and more fun routes.
Long live the King

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: May 8, 2018, 05:49:39 pm »

Your right with a group of friends that is a great option but all those I know that potential can get a ticket are not going.  So if I am going its by myself and prefer a fly in and fly out if I get drawn in the ballot, I will find that hassle free.  I find travelling stressful (just who I am) but once at the destination I do relax.

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: May 8, 2018, 06:00:30 pm »
Thursday: Liverpool 20:15 - Lublin 23:55,

Friday: Lublin 12:55 - Kiev 15:10,

Sunday:
Kiev 06:00 - Lviv 11:06 train,
Lviv 19:10 - Dortmund 20:25

Monday:
Cologne 07:55 - Manchester 08:35

£201 all in.

Offline annieroadaggro

• Kopite
« Reply #53 on: May 8, 2018, 06:25:48 pm »
I accept it will be the only option for some people - but it looks like all day trips are being sold out seconds after they're on and with each release of flights prices are increasing. I expect many on those day trips do have the work flexibility to do much cheaper and more fun routes.

I get what you’re saying mate but it’s not just work commitments that play a part in these type of things, family commitments do too especially if you’ve got young children like myself. It would be great to go swanning off around Europe on the piss for 3 or 4 days with my mates for this final but it just isn’t gonna work, hence why a day trip is the better option in my case and will be for many others too I reckon

Offline lfc_maniac_tsr

• Main Stander
  • Waiting for Shankly to take a rebirth!
« Reply #54 on: May 8, 2018, 07:26:15 pm »
Chennai->Delhi->Kiev 23 May
Kiev->Delhi-> Chennai 28 May

Flights -500£!!

First match in about 15 years supporting the reds! Can't wait for it!
Here is a list of managers who have won less than 3 European Cups:
Alex Ferguson, Mourinho,Wenger, Guardiola, Carlo Ancelotti.Marcelo Lippi,Jupp Heynckes,Hiddink,Cruyff, Van Gaal, Arrigo Saachi,Frank Rijkaard,Del Bosque, Rinus Michels,Happel, Helenio Herrera,etc
Here is a list of managers who have won the European Cup 3 times:
BOB Paisley

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: May 8, 2018, 07:30:14 pm »

Flights -500£!!

First match in 15 years Wow
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: May 8, 2018, 07:32:23 pm »

Flights -500£!!

All being well you don't get a ticket. Can't wait!

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: May 8, 2018, 08:01:33 pm »
All being well you don't get a ticket. Can't wait!

What kind of response is this? All being well you won't be so presumptuous
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline stevejd63

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #58 on: May 8, 2018, 08:03:05 pm »
Stansted to Warsaw £45
Warsaw to Lviv bus  £13
Lviv to Kiev train       £8

Kiev to Warsaw bus  £18
Warsaw to Stansted  £23

All transport done for £110

Mate decided this Sunday that he was coming so he booked same flights, trains and buses as me £340

Got a couple of hotels to sort but they are cheap enough in Eastern Europe
How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.

Offline kerrilee05

• Kemlynite
« Reply #59 on: May 8, 2018, 08:28:27 pm »
Bus to stansted Friday morning - plane to Stockholm Friday afternoon and sleep lots in the hotel -  fly to Kiev Saturday morning - watch the redmen lift number 6 - sleep somewhere in Kiev - fly to Stockholm Sunday night - fly to Luton and arrive early hours of Monday morning.

Offline lfc_maniac_tsr

• Main Stander
« Reply #60 on: May 8, 2018, 09:07:55 pm »
First match in 15 years Wow
Yeah, it's difficult supporting them so far away and having limited resources. Was saving up to come to anfield , along with my wife next season and this happens! Very few could imagine how I'm feeling now!
Alex Ferguson, Mourinho,Wenger, Guardiola, Carlo Ancelotti.Marcelo Lippi,Jupp Heynckes,Hiddink,Cruyff, Van Gaal, Arrigo Saachi,Frank Rijkaard,Del Bosque, Rinus Michels,Happel, Helenio Herrera,etc
BOB Paisley

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: May 8, 2018, 09:36:18 pm »
Yeah, it's difficult supporting them so far away and having limited resources. Was saving up to come to anfield , along with my wife next season and this happens! Very few could imagine how I'm feeling now!

Do you actually have a ticket or getting one? There won't be many on here happy for you when regular match goers are going to miss out.
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #62 on: May 8, 2018, 11:08:01 pm »
Wed AM Manchester to Cologne - Booked after City 1st leg
Wed PM Cologne to Warsaw - Booked after City 1st leg
Night in Warsaw - Booked after City 1st leg
Thurs AM Train Warsaw tin Lublin - Booked after Roma 1st leg
Thurs Night Sleeper train Lublin to Kiev gets in Fri AM - Booked after Roma 1st leg
Two Nights in Kiev - Booked after Porto for a laugh. Glad I did
Sunday morning 0600 train from Kiev to Wroclaw - Booked after Roma 1st leg
Night in Wroclaw - Booked after Roma 1st leg
Mon AM Wroclaw to Belfast - Booked after Roma 1st
Mon PM Belfast to Liverpool - Booked after Roma 2nd leg
Had a 30quid cover bet on Roma to qualify for the final. Which would’ve won me most of the money back

All that for £504 for me and my 11 year old lad. Proper Dad and lad journey across Europe to watch the red men lift number 6
« Last Edit: May 8, 2018, 11:13:08 pm by El Ninos Black Eye »
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline lfc_maniac_tsr

• Main Stander
« Reply #63 on: May 9, 2018, 03:13:25 am »
Do you actually have a ticket or getting one? There won't be many on here happy for you when regular match goers are going to miss out.
I'm going to get one. One of my friends who goes to all the major sporting events got the ticket much in advance. He's kinda giving it to me!
BOB Paisley

Offline Toxteth_Terror

• Kopite
« Reply #64 on: May 9, 2018, 04:44:27 am »
Friday:
Edinburgh - Kraków 06:40 flight

Saturday:
Kraków - Kiev 05:30 flight

Sunday:
Kiev - Kraków 06:00 1st class train

Monday:
Kraków - Edinburgh 10:40 flight

Apartment & 2 nights out in Kraków
No apartment & 1 night out in Kiev

£570 all in.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: May 9, 2018, 07:23:29 am »
I'm going to get one. One of my friends who goes to all the major sporting events got the ticket much in advance. He's kinda giving it to me!

So it'll be part of the Neutrals allocation and no-one here can take issue with anyone but UEFA. Enjoy it, mate.

Offline dobbouk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: May 9, 2018, 08:15:47 am »
Flight to Krakow on 25th Long bus journey from there to Kiev!

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #67 on: May 9, 2018, 09:01:43 am »
Gatwick - Kiev on Wednesday night
Kiev - Gatwick on Monday night

£198 - booked after Porto

Mate booked digs ages ago, I don't know exactly how much but it won't be expensive.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: May 9, 2018, 10:11:21 am »
Thurs Night Sleeper train Lublin to Kiev gets in Fri AM - Booked after Roma 1st leg
Had a 30quid cover bet on Roma to qualify for the final. Which would’ve won me most of the money back

All that for £504 for me and my 11 year old lad. Proper Dad and lad journey across Europe to watch the red men lift number 6

what an absolute mission, but the last line makes it all worth it. lucky lad!
YNWA.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #69 on: May 9, 2018, 10:20:54 am »
Zagreb - Budapest by car on the 24th

Budapest - Kiev direct flight on the 24th

Kiev - Budapest return on the 29th

Budapest - Zagreb on the 29th by car again

Then getting married two weeks later. Come on Reds, make me happy.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 9, 2018, 10:23:12 am by firing squad »
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline Dhlfc92

• Main Stander
« Reply #70 on: May 9, 2018, 10:32:00 am »
Booked after first leg of the semi

Edinburgh to Katowice Friday £50
Katowice to Kyiv Saturday £52
Kyiv to Lviv £12 train Sunday morning first class as well
Lviv to Milan Sunday 11pm £56
Milan to Liverpool £58 Monday dinner hour

Happy with it train to Edinburgh Friday morning was £25 as well.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #71 on: May 9, 2018, 11:02:02 am »

That looks knackering but amazing, bet your lad can't wait!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #72 on: May 9, 2018, 11:06:13 am »

I’m pretty sure your sleeper train from Lublin departs from Warsaw you know. Gets into Kiev approx 11am? Letting you know in case you wanted to get onto them and avoid the extra train Thursday morning.
Long live the King

Offline HMHB

• Main Stander
« Reply #73 on: May 9, 2018, 11:48:23 am »
manc - dusseldorf, dusseldorf - kiev thurs 24
kiev - ankara, ankara - antalya, antalya - manc sun 27. £350 flights,booked after 1st semi

3 nights in hostel in kiev. £30 digs booked ages ago

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: May 9, 2018, 12:38:05 pm »
For those not sorted yet this route available still 404quid

Luton to Vilnius then Vilnius   kiev and same going back still only £404 Thursday to Monda

Offline lego

• my ego
  • No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #75 on: May 9, 2018, 01:39:56 pm »
myriad travel have just put a 2nd flight on sale

Offline LincsRedbob

• Legacy Fan
  • Hold your head up high
« Reply #76 on: May 9, 2018, 04:42:32 pm »
£900 per person
Fought them all the way. Proud to be amongst some great supporters.

SOS member 4969        12.09.12 JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: May 9, 2018, 04:52:53 pm »
Do you have a link

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #79 on: May 9, 2018, 05:39:50 pm »
Sat am - flight from Luton to Vilnius, then flight from Vilnius to Kiev
Mon pm - flight from Kiev to Vilnius then Vilnius to Luton

Is just under £400 - may be of use to anyone lucky to get a ticket!