Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2008617 times)

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #8040 on: July 2, 2018, 06:42:51 pm »
Yeah, when he scores, that makes me happy too.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #8041 on: July 2, 2018, 06:51:43 pm »
Bobaldo will score another 2 before this tournament is over
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #8042 on: July 3, 2018, 06:37:00 am »
He seems to be used as an impact sub, he certainly had some impact today.
I could be wrond, but I think that Tite will lose the Cup for starting Jesus. Belgium will see them out.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #8043 on: July 3, 2018, 07:05:47 am »
I could be wrond, but I think that Tite will lose the Cup for starting Jesus. Belgium will see them out.

Belgium won't be able to stop the waves of Brazilian attacks.
The benefit of Tite starting Jesus early on is I'd expect him to eventually switch to Firmino in the latter rounds.
As it is, it's absolutely ridiculous that Jesus still has a starting slot, does make one wonder about the Nike conspiracies.
Not to fussed about Brazil advancing, but glad Firmino is scoring and at least he seems to be gaining recognition in his home country.

Edit: I've got Brazil as favourites with Firmino starting the last few matches and scoring 3 more goals.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8044 on: July 3, 2018, 08:09:26 am »
Bobaldo will score another 2 before this tournament is over

The real Ronarmino would agree.
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #8045 on: July 3, 2018, 08:52:50 am »
 I always wondered why Brazil went with Jesus and almost didn't take Firmino to the WC... I was thinking that they had a good set up already and they were familiar with what Jesus brought to the table and worked better but they don't seem to lose anything with Firmino on. If anything, Firmino would open up more space for Neymar, Willian and Coutinho to do their thing. They keep winning don't really have to change things up but hopefully Firmino gets to play a bigger role in the future.

Did we nearly sign Willian in years gone by? I think I remember reading it somewhere perhaps? He is a gun. Had a bad season with Chealsea did he?

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #8046 on: July 3, 2018, 09:07:26 am »
Firm man is a must if brazil does indeed face france in the semis....... He has to start. I will drop neymar for the match.

Firm man is never going to catch on - suggest you give up on it now.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8047 on: July 3, 2018, 09:10:20 am »
I always wondered why Brazil went with Jesus and almost didn't take Firmino to the WC... I was thinking that they had a good set up already and they were familiar with what Jesus brought to the table and worked better but they don't seem to lose anything with Firmino on. If anything, Firmino would open up more space for Neymar, Willian and Coutinho to do their thing. They keep winning don't really have to change things up but hopefully Firmino gets to play a bigger role in the future.

Did we nearly sign Willian in years gone by? I think I remember reading it somewhere perhaps? He is a gun. Had a bad season with Chealsea did he?

If you believe the reports both us and Spurs were in for him,he chose Spurs and had a medical,Chelsea gazumped them and Spurs threw a hissy fit over it.

Bobby brings so much more to that Brazil side than Jesus,Jesus has had a poor tournament imo.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #8048 on: July 3, 2018, 12:00:15 pm »
More than happy for him to get some rest
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #8049 on: July 3, 2018, 12:28:47 pm »
Of course it was a “tap in”. But, jeez, the speed with which Firmino attacked that open space in front of him. It’s almost as if he’s been coached by Jürgen Klopp.

Funny you mention it, but Firmino is attacking the 6 yard box much more now than when he started & the season before. I don't know if in Salah & Mane we now have the perfect setup for him in players busting past someone and putting the ball into that area for him to finish, or if it is something he is specifically practising, but players do take up better positions as they age.

He had 5 shots in there in his first season, 3 in 2016/17 and then 20 in 2017/18.

Compared to others in the squad:-
Salah 11, Mane 10, Solanke 3, Chamberlain & Gini 2
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8050 on: July 3, 2018, 12:30:54 pm »
Jesus doesn't even have poacher over him. I do like Jesus but it's really mad that Firmino is sat on the bench at this point.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8051 on: July 3, 2018, 12:39:13 pm »

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #8052 on: July 3, 2018, 12:39:55 pm »
Funny you mention it, but Firmino is attacking the 6 yard box much more now than when he started & the season before. I don't know if in Salah & Mane we now have the perfect setup for him in players busting past someone and putting the ball into that area for him to finish, or if it is something he is specifically practising, but players do take up better positions as they age.

He had 5 shots in there in his first season, 3 in 2016/17 and then 20 in 2017/18.

I reckon he saw I had a bet on him to finish top scorer in the league and was trying to help me out. He's so selfless.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Online Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #8053 on: July 3, 2018, 12:46:29 pm »
10 min cameos during which he wins the game is perfect. Dont look a gift horse in the mouth. Especially i mean cmon.....those teeth are perfect anyway.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8054 on: July 3, 2018, 06:58:55 pm »

20 shots in the 6 yard box? His goal numbers are a little low then, unless he's constantly shooting from tight angles

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #8055 on: July 3, 2018, 10:58:11 pm »
20 shots in the 6 yard box? His goal numbers are a little low then, unless he's constantly shooting from tight angles

No his goal numbers are high actually. He's scored the same amount of goals as Lukaku, while providing an all-round supreme package as a player. I think Babu was highlighting the more shots in the 6 yard box as a positive. He's just this season added being a top goalscorer to all his other amazing talents. It's a travesty he's not starting for Brazil. Jesus has been laughable, like a competition winner.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8056 on: July 4, 2018, 08:46:10 am »
No his goal numbers are high actually. He's scored the same amount of goals as Lukaku, while providing an all-round supreme package as a player. I think Babu was highlighting the more shots in the 6 yard box as a positive. He's just this season added being a top goalscorer to all his other amazing talents. It's a travesty he's not starting for Brazil. Jesus has been laughable, like a competition winner.

If you take 20 shots in the 6 yard box then you're probably aiming for 8-10 goals off those 20 shots. Different if they're all headers or strong foot tap ins but it's a rough guideline. Firmino had 15 league goals, so that's why it seems low to me.

As far as I'm aware, Babu's numbers come from opta data on the PL, but I haven't followed closely - if that's not the case here then fair enough.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8057 on: July 4, 2018, 03:45:02 pm »
If you take 20 shots in the 6 yard box then you're probably aiming for 8-10 goals off those 20 shots. Different if they're all headers or strong foot tap ins but it's a rough guideline. Firmino had 15 league goals, so that's why it seems low to me.

As far as I'm aware, Babu's numbers come from opta data on the PL, but I haven't followed closely - if that's not the case here then fair enough.

Yeah, if you roughly make it out that every shot in the 6 yard box has an XG of 0.5, then fair enough, but I don't think that's the case?

Anyway, the key here is whether Babu's stats about the shot split-up is only for the PL or all comps. Also, even if the conversion is not elite, making good number of forays into the 6 yard box and receiving the ball there will result in higher goal numbers.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #8058 on: July 4, 2018, 03:55:23 pm »
Yeah, if you roughly make it out that every shot in the 6 yard box has an XG of 0.5, then fair enough, but I don't think that's the case?

Anyway, the key here is whether Babu's stats about the shot split-up is only for the PL or all comps. Also, even if the conversion is not elite, making good number of forays into the 6 yard box and receiving the ball there will result in higher goal numbers.

Yeah that's the point I was making, this is a very positive sign to me. I'm not great with data but the mere fact he's getting more shots of inside the 6 yard box can only be a plus?
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8059 on: July 5, 2018, 03:00:53 pm »

Yes we did - and I for one am glad we didn't, he has almost zero end product for a support striker/winger - he was atrocious in the group stages I thought, and only stayed in the team because of Douglas Costa's injury.  In 5-6 seasons as an almost constant component of a Chelsea attack that won the league twice, in 166 games he has scored 25 and assisted 25 - and a decent proportion of them from free kicks (across his EPL career, that's a goal or assist every 206 mins, which is pretty average really) - he is also 30 before the season starts, so currently at his absolute peak, and because of his relatively mediocre output, had been dropped more often than not this previous season by Conte at any age where you would usually expect someone to be at their absolute peak.  For reference, last three years at Chelsea, Pedro in the same position as Willian (often as he has kind of made it his own now) has had about 55% of the mins as Willian, and still has 55% of the minute, but still has 20 goals an 15 assists - at a rate of a goal or assist every 163 mins

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #8060 on: July 5, 2018, 05:51:41 pm »

No, his conversion rate of those chances is quite poor.

I posted on this before but Bobby's goal output isn't down to more shots, or being a better finisher, he is simply getting in better locations and taking less speculative shots.

Interestingly, Mane has gone in the other direction compared to last season. But his other numbers are all up in terms of penetration.

Hence why I suggested that the when he was out from the City game for about 2 months, we saw that playing Firmino closer to Salah would help Salah be more effective. Therefore Mane ended up playing deeper than the early part of the season (e.g. Hoffenheim & Arsenal where he was our most advanced player on average) and Firmino & Salah started playing more advanced in and around the box.

This is also what I was trying to explain to people about our system in terms of what we would be looking for. If you imagine we have have two lines of depth in attack, we want Salah on the highest line, then one of Firmino & Mane supporting him also, with the other playing deeper offering penetration which both Firmino & Mane can do. Therefore adding just one player who offers similar to Firmino & Mane (Fekir), or is an elite penetration player (Dembele, Asensio, Lemar etc) means we have very strong depth there for next season.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #8061 on: July 6, 2018, 01:41:54 pm »
Lots of Bobby memes doing the rounds in Brazil. There is the smiling meme, this is my favourite of that

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/uMru5qG7oVY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/uMru5qG7oVY</a>

And there is also one I saw on whatsapp of him being interviewed after the game, being asked a long question about him & jesus, what position he wants to play on the pitch etc, to which he answers "Jogando" (Playing)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/P1cclWnvlzc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/P1cclWnvlzc</a>

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8062 on: July 6, 2018, 09:16:02 pm »
Should have started instead of jesus................. as brazil would have been Firm favorites to go through if he did.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8063 on: July 6, 2018, 09:40:31 pm »
{b]Should have started instead of jesus.................[/b] as brazil would have been Firm favorites to go through if he did.
Every. Fucking. Game.

I could be wrong, but I think that Tite will lose the Cup for starting Jesus. Belgium will see them out.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #8064 on: July 6, 2018, 10:05:17 pm »
Every. Fucking. Game.

Pretty much lads. Amazing that he looked effective whenever he came on but wasn’t given a proper chance.

Oh well, he’s coming home and injury free. Hope to see him in action in a few weeks after some well deserved time off

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8065 on: July 6, 2018, 10:10:58 pm »
Moment where he pressed like fury with no fucker doing anything like it. Loved it, thought it was a shame Brazil have a dinosaur as a manager but delighted he's coming back to Klopp.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8066 on: July 6, 2018, 10:15:49 pm »
Firmino was a toe-poke away from scoring today, damn close... He really should have started every game, I mean that. Sure Jesus may have been successful in the qualifiers against other bunch of diving c*nts, but when it comes to the World Cup, playantics are not as highly rated as in South America, they are looked down upon. Firmino would have been a lot more effective for Brazil, and I stand by that.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8067 on: July 7, 2018, 01:14:02 am »
Firmino was a toe-poke away from scoring today, damn close... He really should have started every game, I mean that. Sure Jesus may have been successful in the qualifiers against other bunch of diving c*nts, but when it comes to the World Cup, playantics are not as highly rated as in South America, they are looked down upon. Firmino would have been a lot more effective for Brazil, and I stand by that.

One of the reasons that I read for Jesus starting was that Site thought Neymar played better when Jesus was on the pitch.  Personally, I thought Neymar looked 100x better with Firmino as he was constantly looking to combine and to make those runs in behind to open up space.  Think Tite got this one majorly wrong. 

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8068 on: July 7, 2018, 06:49:16 am »
made and impact to the game once he entered the pitch in the second half.

brazil looks more fluid in attacks with him around. Unlike jesus who looks like a proper striker, bobby was playing like a forward. Dropping deep, stretching the defence and generally between the lines.

Sad that his world cup journey ends but pretty fucking delighted he will be starting his rest and come back fully refreshed next season. 

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #8069 on: July 7, 2018, 06:52:24 am »
made and impact to the game once he entered the pitch in the second half.

brazil looks more fluid in attacks with him around. Unlike jesus who looks like a proper striker, bobby was playing like a forward. Dropping deep, stretching the defence and generally between the lines.

Sad that his world cup journey ends but pretty fucking delighted he will be starting his rest and come back fully refreshed next season.

Not this World Cup he didn't, he looked like shite
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #8070 on: July 7, 2018, 08:07:05 am »
Surely he meant Bobby?

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #8071 on: July 7, 2018, 08:24:06 am »
Lack of game time has kept Bobby off the radar plus he still managed to score one so he should be happy overall. Time to come home now!

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #8072 on: July 7, 2018, 08:44:43 am »
On the plus side, won't be worn out for the season :)

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #8073 on: July 7, 2018, 11:08:59 am »
Bobby's touch did look quite heavy that last game. Pity he wasn't given the chance to start and build some rhythem... Was it just me or did Neymar and Coutinho look a bit hesitant to give him the ball? Or was it because they were trying to win the game by themselves?

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #8074 on: July 7, 2018, 11:15:40 am »
Bobby's touch did look quite heavy that last game. Pity he wasn't given the chance to start and build some rhythem... Was it just me or did Neymar and Coutinho look a bit hesitant to give him the ball? Or was it because they were trying to win the game by themselves?
Because unlike Bobby their egos get in the fucking way.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #8075 on: July 7, 2018, 11:27:42 am »
Everyone in the front line of Brazil looked better once Bobby came on - even Jesus

Well, I'm glad he's coming home without an injury and has an extra two weeks to rest.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8076 on: July 7, 2018, 11:31:51 am »
Because unlike Bobby their egos get in the fucking way.

Yes Bobby is a true team player unlike Neymar who is like the kid in the playground who thinks he's better than everyone else and goes on pointless dribbles to prove it.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8077 on: July 7, 2018, 12:11:48 pm »
Fucking love Bobby.

Criminal that they started Jesus over him.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8078 on: July 7, 2018, 12:20:14 pm »
Brazil played better with him on the pitch. It’s baffling why their coach couldn’t see that.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8079 on: July 7, 2018, 12:23:57 pm »
I think he was mainly being used as an impact sub, but at least he's coming home early and uninjured which helps Liverpool.