Author Topic: ST renewals  (Read 108100 times)

Offline The_Rebel

• Kopite
Re: ST renewals
« Reply #841 on: April 5, 2024, 10:18:36 am »
£15 increase for me - over a season seems fair to be honest, not complaining
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains"

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #842 on: April 5, 2024, 10:49:49 am »

I think anything between 1-3%. Anything more will be harsh

Bang on the money

It does mean that ST costs in the main stand have gone above £900 for first time which isn't great.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #843 on: April 5, 2024, 11:52:05 am »

'There’s been no meaningful consultation with supporters over this & it was totally opposed by SOS & the majority on the Supporters Board
@SpionKop1906 - it doesn’t reflect the discussions we had when they informed us of their plans. We are incredibly disappointed with @LFC'

^ https://twitter.com/spiritofshankly/status/1776178491454627861

'At a time of record revenues, LFC want an extra £1m from their loyal supporters. An amount that means little to the club but might mean everything to a supporter.'

&

'LFC have shown disregard for us, @spiritofshankly, and the Supporters Board that they created, announcing price rises despite our opposition.

We are considering our next steps.'

^ https://twitter.com/SpionKop1906/status/1776191425933086971
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #844 on: April 5, 2024, 11:56:29 am »
How hard would it have been for them to do a 1 June deadline? Hopefully we’ll get to Dublin and that’s an extra cost in May. They could have recognised that and given themselves a fair bit of goodwill to balance against the increase for the sake of 5 days.
Long live the King

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #845 on: April 5, 2024, 12:15:40 pm »
How hard would it have been for them to do a 1 June deadline? Hopefully we’ll get to Dublin and that’s an extra cost in May. They could have recognised that and given themselves a fair bit of goodwill to balance against the increase for the sake of 5 days.

Same nonsense last season, renewal cut off was before the TO paid out anyone returning their Aston Villa ticket, if you accept by Ticket Cash for the renewal so you don't blow the money on others forms of life the timing of the cut off was plain daft
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #846 on: April 5, 2024, 12:40:21 pm »
SOS once again really picking the least important of the battles.

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #847 on: April 5, 2024, 12:42:30 pm »
 :)
£15 increase for me - over a season seems fair to be honest, not complaining
Mine's gone down over £200  :)

It's boss being old!

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #848 on: April 5, 2024, 12:46:48 pm »
Someone on RAWK once again having a pop at volunteers that are trying to help and stand up for other supporters.

This affects every single match going supporter. It's by far the "least important" battle. You may consider it to be the least important to yourself.

Have you raised the "more important" battles with them? What action did they take when you raised it?
They have usually been very pro-active when I have raised something with them - last time was multiple cards kept failing on ticket purchase and they got back to me for full details and raised it with the club.

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #849 on: April 5, 2024, 01:05:12 pm »
'LFC have shown disregard for us, @spiritofshankly, and the Supporters Board that they created, announcing price rises despite our opposition.

Uli Hoeness in 2021, paraphrased:
We'd get £2m more, but what is £2m to us? In a transfer discussion we argue about that sum for 5 minutes.

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #850 on: April 5, 2024, 01:10:25 pm »
Someone on RAWK once again having a pop at volunteers that are trying to help and stand up for other supporters.

This affects every single match going supporter. It's by far the "least important" battle. You may consider it to be the least important to yourself.

Have you raised the "more important" battles with them? What action did they take when you raised it?
They have usually been very pro-active when I have raised something with them - last time was multiple cards kept failing on ticket purchase and they got back to me for full details and raised it with the club.

Volunteers or not, they've clearly got a vested interest in lower ticket prices.

And actually I think I'm in a position where this might actually be the biggest issue facing me; but from a non-selfish point of view there's so many other issues with ticketing at the moment.

I just think in general, kicking up such a fuss for a second year in a row of real-term ticket price reductions just makes me think they're weakening their hand for future issues.

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #851 on: April 5, 2024, 01:25:55 pm »
Volunteers or not, they've clearly got a vested interest in lower ticket prices.

And actually I think I'm in a position where this might actually be the biggest issue facing me; but from a non-selfish point of view there's so many other issues with ticketing at the moment.

I just think in general, kicking up such a fuss for a second year in a row of real-term ticket price reductions just makes me think they're weakening their hand for future issues.

So then they can't really win then, can they?
If they say nothing there will be people cry arsing that they aren't saying anything. If they do, then people have a pop that they aren't keeping their powder dry for something bigger that may come along.
One of the biggest issues that comes up from their members is ticket pricing.
https://x.com/spiritofshankly/status/1776210609907880029
In a recent survey 92% of our members voted for us to campaign to reduce ticket prices after
@LFC
 announced record commercial revenues.  Ticket prices have a marginal effect on club revenues but in a cost-of-living crisis we hoped this rise could be avoided

It is not just about the increase, but a contribution towards an ongoing cost of living crisis. The club could have come out with positive PR, and recognised that. £1m is fuck all to them.

They were formed in the backdrop of the absolute biggest issue/battle this club has faced in the last 2 decades. More recently the biggest issue would be Paris, and they were all over it. To say "once again" picking the least important battle is ridiculously wide of the mark.

Have you raised the other ticketing issues with them? How did they respond?
« Last Edit: April 5, 2024, 01:49:03 pm by Craig S »

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #852 on: April 5, 2024, 02:55:24 pm »

Craig S beat me to it (and put it far better than I would have).

I hope you give some thought to what Craig S posted emitime, (and the wider issue of ticket prices, history, and previous sidelining of fan representation at the club).

Consider what issues are regularly raised not only with the SOS, but also the 1906, and the Supporters Committee too (all 3 groups were mentioned above).

Though for some reason you singled out SOS in such a glib shite post, that honestly isn't worthy of the thought Craig S put into his replies, or time taken to type this shite post out.

https://twitter.com/spiritofshankly/status/1776210609907880029
https://twitter.com/WeAreTheFSA/status/1776203274208588268
https://twitter.com/LFC_LGBT/status/1776230305835123199
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #853 on: April 5, 2024, 03:39:53 pm »
In real terms, ticket prices are down ~20% in the last 10 years, probably down another 3% next season.

I really don't get the indignation when the club are pretty much doing exactly what everyone wants.

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #854 on: April 5, 2024, 03:55:50 pm »
In real terms, ticket prices are down ~20% in the last 10 years, probably down another 3% next season.

I really don't get the indignation when the club are pretty much doing exactly what everyone wants.

I am not indignant about the raise - I can afford the £15 on mine. More the people having a pop at them, for doing what their members ask, virtually claiming they cherry pick their issues.

A football club is not just a business, the supporters are not just customers. They had a chance to make a great PR statement for an amount that means fuck all to them. I think it's a huge opportunity lost.

And if you want to play the inflation game, my Season ticket renewal for 94/95 was £180. That's £440 in todays money. I distinctly remember this renewal as it was the first seated kop season ticket, going up from £149 renewal for standing kop the season before.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #855 on: April 5, 2024, 06:03:43 pm »
Disappointed to see another rise when they've just added in how many thousand hospitality tickets at ridiculous prices (which could have gone to new season ticket holders, more members, or more in the local sales). All the stuff they'll say about increases in the cost of running games. Nah, not for me. Another couple of partnerships with whatever business could account for that if you're so arsed about those costs, don't make the fans pay for them.

Prices should be coming down now. 30 pounds for away games, should be the same for everyone who goes the homes too. That'd be 570 for a season ticket, more than enough when you're absolutely fleecing people on thousands of hospitality tickets across the ground now. There should have been more opposition to force that from fan groups across the league when the 30 quid aways came in. Practically every club in the league have increased their prices this season, surely some opposition for the future is due?

Let's not forget as well, in the Champions League next season there's another group match and potentially an extra qualifying match too if we finish between 9th and 16th in that ridiculous fucking table. More games supporters haven't asked for, more they'll be asked to stump out for.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #856 on: April 5, 2024, 06:09:12 pm »
I am not indignant about the raise - I can afford the £15 on mine. More the people having a pop at them, for doing what their members ask, virtually claiming they cherry pick their issues.

A football club is not just a business, the supporters are not just customers. They had a chance to make a great PR statement for an amount that means fuck all to them. I think it's a huge opportunity lost.

And if you want to play the inflation game, my Season ticket renewal for 94/95 was £180. That's £440 in todays money. I distinctly remember this renewal as it was the first seated kop season ticket, going up from £149 renewal for standing kop the season before.

I've thought this time and again for years. It's like an open goal begging to be tapped in. Same goes for other clubs too. People always bring up the Uli Hoeness quote (I don't even know if he said it), but regardless of if he did or not, it's true isn't it? One of the worst parts about it for me is the fact they've done it after putting in all these thousands of hospitality tickets, potentially diluting the 'famous atmosphere' even further in the future, which will make them tens of millions going forward, and they're trying to squeeze what, another million quid out of season ticket holders  ;D get to fuck  :wanker

Spion Kop 1906 just put out a good statement on twitter in which they do bring up all the other ticketing issues. 'We are Liverpool, this means more. 2% more'
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #857 on: April 5, 2024, 07:11:22 pm »
Disappointed to see another rise when they've just added in how many thousand hospitality tickets at ridiculous prices (which could have gone to new season ticket holders, more members, or more in the local sales). All the stuff they'll say about increases in the cost of running games. Nah, not for me. Another couple of partnerships with whatever business could account for that if you're so arsed about those costs, don't make the fans pay for them.

Prices should be coming down now. 30 pounds for away games, should be the same for everyone who goes the homes too. That'd be 570 for a season ticket, more than enough when you're absolutely fleecing people on thousands of hospitality tickets across the ground now. There should have been more opposition to force that from fan groups across the league when the 30 quid aways came in. Practically every club in the league have increased their prices this season, surely some opposition for the future is due?

Let's not forget as well, in the Champions League next season there's another group match and potentially an extra qualifying match too if we finish between 9th and 16th in that ridiculous fucking table. More games supporters haven't asked for, more they'll be asked to stump out for.

I agree. I think the club could have frozen prices for another year or two as a gesture of goodwill to supporters. Disappointed, not surprised.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #858 on: April 8, 2024, 03:20:40 am »

^ https://twitter.com/spiritofshankly/status/1776968300628443423 & https://twitter.com/SpionKop1906/status/1776968228880671229

^ https://twitter.com/SpionKop1906/status/1776292559968419955

as well as...

'Manchester United v Liverpool | The Friday Night With Erdinger' - from The Anfield Wrap (the first 15 minutes):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TgKypdyLfmc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TgKypdyLfmc</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/TgKypdyLfmc

and...

'Manchester United 2 Liverpool 2 | Post-Match Pint First Five' - from The Anfield Wrap (the first few minutes):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_M8d4Mpo2FM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_M8d4Mpo2FM</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/_M8d4Mpo2FM

10th April Edit...

'We are disappointed in the Football Club’s decision towards ticket prices for 24/25. In response, there will be no flags on The Kop for Thursday night’s game. Unlike the Club’s own approach, this has been agreed in consultation with other fan groups'

'We will pay our respects to the 97 with Hillsborough flags only at this weekends league match, as always with it being the closest game to the 15th of April.'

'There is still a chance for the Club to hold some positive dialogue with the Supporters Board in time for Saturday’s meeting. Until then the supporters have one message:

NO TO TICKET PRICE INCREASES.'

^ https://twitter.com/SpionKop1906/status/1777984875854700640
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 11:05:19 am by oojason »

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #859 on: April 10, 2024, 04:20:23 pm »
Got to say the reaction to the SOS flag protest on the LFC subreddit has been disgusting and full of vile.

It's fine to not agree, or not fully understand the outrage. But shit like this:

I know there's a fair number of Americans on there but fuck me.

:D

Offline kingluisgarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • Twitter@MattWood23
    • JustAnotherFootballBlog
« Reply #860 on: April 10, 2024, 05:15:27 pm »
What's the deal with ST renewals if you're wanting (or considering) moving seats? We've had our first season in the upper Anny but wouldn't mind being in the lower if possible so we can actually stand.

How does that all work? Doesn't seem any comms from the club on it but people mentioned it was a thing people could do each season?

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #861 on: April 10, 2024, 06:19:21 pm »
You can ask to move but not guaranteed. The club don't advertise it as it creates work for them.

Ask ASAP and see what they say. If you have a reason, include it, such as cheaper.
We are a team of one half.

Online LFCagro77

• Kemlynite
« Reply #862 on: April 10, 2024, 06:52:38 pm »
What's the deal with ST renewals if you're wanting (or considering) moving seats? We've had our first season in the upper Anny but wouldn't mind being in the lower if possible so we can actually stand.

How does that all work? Doesn't seem any comms from the club on it but people mentioned it was a thing people could do each season?

I got a move last summer, dont renew your season tickets and contact the club requesting the move, they will get back to you towards the end of the renewal period.

If you pay for your current seats and then ask to move they wont do it theyll tell you to try again next year

Offline l99bob

• Boys Pen
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #863 on: Yesterday at 01:31:02 pm »
I got a move last summer, dont renew your season tickets and contact the club requesting the move, they will get back to you towards the end of the renewal period.

If you pay for your current seats and then ask to move they wont do it theyll tell you to try again next year

What was the reason you gave for the move? We have asked and the club have said only in 'extenuating circumstances'...

Offline tgi91

• Main Stander
« Reply #864 on: Today at 09:50:41 am »
Perhaps I am in the minority here, but I really don't see the problem with the 2% increase.

The truth is, the way of the world at the moment, the state of the economy etc - and I guarantee LFC's operating costs will have gone up a whole lot more than 2%, so they are already subsidizing a great deal of the increase IMO.

Energy bills up at least double digit % / council tax up 5% / mortgage rates etc / fuel costs - I think we've done well at a 2% increase..

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #865 on: Today at 09:56:48 am »
Perhaps I am in the minority here, but I really don't see the problem with the 2% increase.

The truth is, the way of the world at the moment, the state of the economy etc - and I guarantee LFC's operating costs will have gone up a whole lot more than 2%, so they are already subsidizing a great deal of the increase IMO.

Energy bills up at least double digit % / council tax up 5% / mortgage rates etc / fuel costs - I think we've done well at a 2% increase..

If you accept 2% now, they'll up it another 2% next season, and the following season...

Online Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #866 on: Today at 10:13:39 am »

Revenue elsewhere is up massively.

They bought the club for £350m and it’s worth £5bn.

They don’t need to do it. Should be going down not up. Twenty is still plenty.
Long live the King

Offline bignred84

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #867 on: Today at 11:16:42 am »

Here lies the problem with the Fanbase, they don't get this at all.

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #868 on: Today at 11:29:55 am »

Spot on.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Online Stevo

• Not unique in his worship of Erik Meijer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #869 on: Today at 11:44:44 am »
Should they never increase again ever, then? At what price point is realistic in 2024 for a top flight football match? Is £20 or even £30 really a fair price today?

Found my old Kop season ticket receipt from 2006/07 at the weekend which cost £560 - that would now cost £713. If the original ticket had followed inflation it should cost more like £1,000.

I’m not sure FSG are responsible for these increases as much as people think, the bigger increases were late 90s/2000s from what I can see.

I get that people think it’s a slippy slope with increases each year, but isn’t that normal?

Maybe it’s skewed now as match day income makes up a smaller proportion of a clubs revenue given what’s happened with the TV deals but the club still has to compete financially with everyone else.

For what it’s worth I think a price freeze would have made sense but I don’t think we can expect prices to just never increase.