Author Topic: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)  (Read 577254 times)

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

...Have long suspected Naby Keita would be abducted by aliens just as he was about
to hit peak fitness.

right, the last time he was on a good run he was caught up in the coup d'etat  ;D

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
Reckon it'll be longer, hope im wrong. Klopp is usually quite optimistic with timeframes. but he's very reserved on Thiago
I think Klopp is very vague about everyone these days, until they're back in training (or close to that stage). Given the time frames it's obviously a grade 2 strain (to his hip flexor, apparently) so I don't see any reason it'd take longer than 6 weeks. I'd say he'll probably be back in training after the international break unless there's a setback.

Told you  ;D

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
Told you  ;D

He is training but not team training. Sounds like he's doing work on his own which is a precursor to returning to team training. It's only just been 6 weeks, hopefully he's fairly close.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
‘Rib injury’.

Rumour has it he’s done a Prince.

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.

Have long suspected Naby Keita would be abducted by aliens just as he was about
to hit peak fitness.
Another abductor stress response problem then.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing

;D
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
This is a very interesting piece on what might be wrong  with Bajcetic…

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/03/explaining-stefan-bajcetics-3-injury-possibilities-after-adductor-stress-response/

Thigh splints…. Ouch.

More detail on this here

https://www.ajronline.org/doi/full/10.2214/ajr.177.3.1770673
This fits the idea of him having little pain…

So this seems to be precautionary in a young player so they don’t have long term effects on their career.

All these stress related injuries. The medical team need their own wellbeing officer.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
All these stress related injuries. The medical team need their own wellbeing officer.
wouldn't it be the conditioning team? medical team sounds like they only get involved once an injury is identified/a player feels something

in an ideal world it'd all be working in the same direction, with medical side consulting on what the conditioning workload should be (and vice versa feeding back conditioning timeline goals for players' recoveries)

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'

(this is why Rawk is best of the best)

:)
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
He is training but not team training. Sounds like he's doing work on his own which is a precursor to returning to team training. It's only just been 6 weeks, hopefully he's fairly close.

I'm going to bet that he isn't, just a feeling. Maybe see him end of April if we're lucky or start of May
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 12:41:16 pm by Machae »

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
I'm going to bet that he isn't, just a feeling. Maybe see him end of April if we're lucky or start of May

He might be a slow healer but I think an extra month is pushing it.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
He might be a slow healer but I think an extra month is pushing it.

See you again in a month   ;)

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
if Klopp said that, I'd take it as he's coming back by Christmas.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
So Diaz still unavailable but fit soon and Nunez cut his foot against Madrid. Never realised that.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/jurgen-klopps-fitness-update-diaz-nunez-keita-thiago-and-gomez

Oh and a stomach bug doing the rounds. Sound like the canteen at Kirkby needs a visit from EH.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
I thought the bug was in the Dutch camp, Cody was definitely affected. Virgil thought it was beneath him to try and catch it.  :)

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
Thiago trained yesterday but no for tomorrow, Diaz no for tomorrow, unlikely Arsenal but ok after that

Offline PhiLFC#1

• The Messiah! He rawks amongst us
  • Legacy Fan
I'd just save Diaz for next season at this point, get him back to 100% then like a new signing

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
That's what FSG will say.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
I'd just save Diaz for next season at this point, get him back to 100% then like a new signing

He has to play this season.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Part of him being ready for next season is playing this season.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

That's the summer budget gone, then.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thiago trained yesterday but no for tomorrow, Diaz no for tomorrow, unlikely Arsenal but ok after that

Bugger, was hoping he might at least make the bench for Arsenal.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ugh. Looks like a zero for 3 week in the making.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts

• Legacy Fan

Thought that was a suntanned, stubbly chinned Lallana at first glance.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan

Haha, my assertion was always to see him on the bench or starting. So later part of April still likely ;D
« Last Edit: April 6, 2023, 04:03:38 pm by Machae »

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
Will have a fully fit squad by the time the season ends,

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Would start Thiago on Sunday.

• Legacy Fan

And then we have a few weeks on intensive pre season training . :o

Lord help us and save us.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan

Injuries aren't really the problem any more, we've had a variety of midfielders and forwards available for a while, it hasn't helped.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
Injuries aren't really the problem any more, we've had a variety of midfielders and forwards available for a while, it hasn't helped.

Wed be much better off if Diaz wasn't injured

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
Would start Thiago on Sunday.
I don't think he's fit, is he?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

I mean missing your best midfielder, and best winger, to injury is kinda still a problem.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan

I think you're putting a hugely positive spin on things there mate.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Mo, Diogo and Gomez not in training today apparently.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan

Thiago (pre Bajcetic’s emergence) was our only CM who looked competent for most of the season, and the only one making challenges and winning duels. We’d have been better with him in the team. We’ve also been forced into running Henderson into the ground over the last couple of weeks and he barely has one 90 in him these days, let alone 3 starts in 9 days it whatever it’s been.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan

Not at all true. In addition to the two huge long term absences (our best midifelder and best winger), we've had Bajcetic drop out for the season, Keita disappear yet again, and other niggles to Darwin, Jones and Gomez in recent weeks. Also illness for Van Dijk and Elliott vs Chelsea.

Even now, we still have a worse than average situation with players out. Just because it's not the absolute crisis it's been for most of the season doesn't mean it's not an issue.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan

Yep, we were terrible with Luis and there's no good midfield combination we can field regardless of who's fit though Thiago is obviously still great but not great enough to do the work of 3 players. We obviously want better luck with injuries next season but hopefully no one at the club is deluding themselves that that's all we need and everything is fine again.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
Klopp has said the injuries and tiredness things are not an excuse. He said they may have been a factor earlier on but since the world cup they are absolutely not factors.