Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 957573 times)

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2019, 03:45:43 am »
What a man.

With him 'till the end of the line.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2019, 07:14:09 am »
If anyone deserves two threads, it's the Boss.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2019, 07:37:52 am »
If anyone deserves two threads, it's the Boss.

Six threads is probably a bit much  ;D

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2019, 08:11:12 am »
Klopp is the man. I will walk away from football when he goes, no one will top him.

That would be very premature. At a club like ours there will always be an opportunity to add to this.

For now it's Klopp. He's more an oxford comma than a full stop.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2019, 08:19:49 am »

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2019, 09:06:55 am »
Has he been added to the "Success has 6 fathers" poster?

Can anyone post a photo of this if they have?

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2019, 10:17:28 am »
Boss, boss fella.

Enjoy these special times.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2019, 10:52:58 am »
snip..

Love Curtis in background there, looking at Jurgen and mirroring actions  ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2019, 11:39:12 am »
Love Curtis in background there, looking at Jurgen and mirroring actions  ;D

He looks more like this to be honest ;D

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2019, 12:07:30 pm »

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #50 on: October 1, 2019, 02:44:04 pm »
A message from Mainz 05's Q-Block Ultras at the weekend:

We always knew, now it's official Jürgen Klopp is the best in the world!

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #51 on: October 1, 2019, 02:46:13 pm »
Boss tha’

Offline David in Edinburgh

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #52 on: October 1, 2019, 03:47:23 pm »
Klopp is the man. I will walk away from football when he goes, no one will top him.

I wonder if folk said the same about Shanks, Paisley and the King?

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #53 on: October 1, 2019, 03:50:19 pm »
I wonder if folk said the same about Shanks, Paisley and the King?

No.

Because they weren't hysterical drama addicts back then ;D ;D ;D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #54 on: October 1, 2019, 03:53:25 pm »
A message from Mainz 05's Q-Block Ultras at the weekend:

We always knew, now it's official Jürgen Klopp is the best in the world!

Wow, lovely touch that.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline David in Edinburgh

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #55 on: October 1, 2019, 04:02:48 pm »
No.

Because they weren't hysterical drama addicts back then ;D ;D ;D

You may say that, I couldn't possibly comment.  ;D

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: October 1, 2019, 04:23:21 pm »
Please retire here Boss.
Believer

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #57 on: October 1, 2019, 04:27:14 pm »
Please retire here Boss.

In 20 years.

Online Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #58 on: October 1, 2019, 06:42:38 pm »
Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com: "Vitor is smart, his English is good – which is important – and he has worked at different clubs, but is educated at Porto, which is good for us because Pep is from there also. He also still has the log-in details for Porto's scouting system."

:D
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #59 on: October 1, 2019, 06:54:08 pm »
Stevie still needs to win his PL trophy. Stick around for this.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #60 on: October 1, 2019, 06:59:41 pm »
Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com: "Vitor is smart, his English is good – which is important – and he has worked at different clubs, but is educated at Porto, which is good for us because Pep is from there also. He also still has the log-in details for Porto's scouting system."

:D

Did he really say that? :D

Online Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #61 on: October 1, 2019, 07:13:25 pm »
Did he really say that? :D
I don’t think so, but it’s very funny.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #62 on: October 1, 2019, 07:22:09 pm »
Link to the article
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/global/articles/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-fc

What a man, he really does represent us and we should be br grateful he is here, however long he stays.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: October 1, 2019, 09:41:43 pm »

Anyone else feel that Gerard Houllier should be on this flag or is it just for Title and European Cup winners? I loved the job Ged did he dragged us as a club in to the modern era. He really brought a professionalism to the club and won every trophy apart from the big two and added to the 2001 treble season i look at that 1998-2004 period as a time when we as a club progressed and were back amongst the big boys.

I know the last 2 seasons were tough and it was the right decision to get Rafa but for me it was clear that Ged after the Heart scare was a totally different manager and never looked comfortable with the pressure of the job when he came back after almost dying. I will always have a lot of love for Houllier and always see him as a proper red which he was after spending time in the city and standing on the kop in the late sixties. He literally nearly died for the club and i would love it if he was shoehorned into this great flag.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: October 1, 2019, 09:44:29 pm »
Anyone else feel that Gerard Houllier should be on this flag or is it just for Title and European Cup winners? I loved the job Ged did he dragged us as a club in to the modern era. He really brought a professionalism to the club and won every trophy apart from the big two and added to the 2001 treble season i look at that 1998-2004 period as a time when we as a club progressed and were back amongst the big boys.

I know the last 2 seasons were tough and it was the right decision to get Rafa but for me it was clear that Ged after the Heart scare was a totally different manager and never looked comfortable with the pressure of the job when he came back after almost dying. I will always have a lot of love for Houllier and always see him as a proper red which he was after spending time in the city and standing on the kop in the late sixties. He literally nearly died for the club and i would love it if he was shoehorned into this great flag.

You're not the only one, no.  I realise he left under a cloud but he really did bring us back in from the cold after the desolation of the 90s.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #65 on: October 1, 2019, 09:59:43 pm »
I asked about that once, and I think it was Alan X who said the people on the flag all won a league or champions league. And it's not for me to say, but in terms of pure impact, I think Ged putting us back on the European map and making us contenders in England after a decade in the wilderness deserves the same sort of recognition. But it's not my flag :D
Better looking than Samie.

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: October 1, 2019, 10:04:52 pm »

It’s a great shout for someone who is arguably underacknowledged. The guy loves the club just like Rafa and Jurgen and for me, is the first manager I remember when growing up and following Liverpool.

There’s a nostalgic pull there. I think there’s a combination of reasons. He was the first ‘outsider’ to come into the club, wasn’t steeped in its history and the club was still in that weird transition phase from being an old Division 1 club to a Premier League global juggernaut (rivals such as Man Utd and Arsenal’s corporate reach increased along with player professionalism which was lacking under the Evans era). It was also recent memory that Liverpool had won the league and in hindsight, I’m not sure how difficult fans expected it to be to win the competition.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2019, 10:09:15 pm by mattD »

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #67 on: October 1, 2019, 10:53:05 pm »
I love Ged, very much respect and appreciated what he did at Liverpool, but I reckon it's right that this flag is only for European Cup and League winners. That's the top of the top, the very elite.

(So basically, that means there needs to be another flag  :P he deserves it! )

Offline Oscarmac

• Kenny is King
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Special Times, Enjoy.
« Reply #68 on: October 5, 2019, 10:24:33 pm »
In Klopp we have OUR manager, we have an outstanding squad. We are the Champions of Europe and top of the league.

Soak it up, enjoy the journey whatever may happen.  For too many years we have been missing a few pieces of the jigsaw. Now we are genuine in our challenge for the highest of honours.

This will not always be the case, make sure and enjoy every minute of the ride ahead of us.

That is all.

They are only great because we are on our knees......let us arise!

Offline norecat

• Kopite
Jürgen Klopp 4th Anniversary
« Reply #69 on: October 8, 2019, 11:40:24 am »
Four years ago on this date the ‘normal one’ checked into Anfield as manager. Within seven months JK had guided us to two cup finals. Yes we lost but the seven months was crucial to JKs time here. In a sense reaching the finals was a bonus. He got to assess the squad.

2016/17 saw important players  Wijnaldum, Matip, and Mane come in. He shipped out 16 players. Karius in goal and Klavan a centre back also came in. Defensively we were still shaky.

2017/18 saw Robertson, Salah, Ox Chamberlain, Solanke and Van Dijk come in. Van Dijk was a landmark signing in terms of fee and impact. Salah and Roberson were stunning successes too given their fees. Coutinho was sold to Barcelona for a record fee for us. We defy expectations to reach a Champions League final. Another landmark sign of progress.

2018/19 saw Alisson, Shapiri, Fabinho and Keita join. Alisson for a world record fee proved to be our best keeper since Grobbelaar/Reina. We have an astonishing season. We won the most points not to be league winners. But have the glorious consolation of being the best club side in Europe.

2019-Oct sees us top of the league with no significant incomings. Indeed we continued to trim the squad. We have the perfect start to the season winning all 8 fixtures.

Jürgen Klopp has done a magnificent job so far. No cringeworthy comments. A very targeted approach to signings. A very definite style of play. A manager who respects the history of the club and who shows, in both his words and actions, he understands  what the club means to the fans.

Danke Jürgen.
« Last Edit: October 8, 2019, 11:45:06 am by norecat »

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Re: Jürgen Klopp 4th Anniversary
« Reply #70 on: October 8, 2019, 11:47:06 am »
He's an inspiration.

Credit to FSG for signing him and the back room team behind all of the successful transfers. Mind you I can't think of one that has been unsuccesful so far.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #71 on: October 8, 2019, 11:50:52 am »
We've had some of the great football managers the game has ever seen at this club, and Klopp is right up there with them. I can't remember the likes of Shanks/Bob, but I feel as proud to have Jurgen here as I did when we had Rafa in the 2000's. What a manager.

It's been unreal.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #72 on: October 8, 2019, 11:51:24 am »
4 Years ago this afternoon, more people followed his flight than the capacity at Goodison ;D
#Sausages

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: October 8, 2019, 11:51:40 am »
He's an inspiration.

Credit to FSG for signing him and the back room team behind all of the successful transfers. Mind you I can't think of one that has been unsuccesful so far.

Karius. Regardless, the success rate of our transfers over the past 4 years is unprecedented.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: October 8, 2019, 11:55:40 am »
Best in the world. Quite simple really.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #75 on: October 8, 2019, 12:00:50 pm »
As good as the player recruitment has been, Klopp would be the first one to extol the virtues of the coaching and backroom staff. It's a massive collective team effort and Krawietz, Pep Linders and Kornmayer etc and their colleagues have all made and continue to help us make massive strides as a club.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #76 on: October 8, 2019, 12:10:03 pm »
Kaiser!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #77 on: October 8, 2019, 12:25:05 pm »
4 Years ago this afternoon, more people followed his flight than the capacity at Goodison ;D

;D

Doesn't he look fresh faced in the photos from his first day?!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: October 8, 2019, 12:37:27 pm »
He's no Roy Hodgson, but he's done an adequate job so far.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #79 on: October 8, 2019, 12:40:18 pm »
He's been outstanding so far, watching the journey of the team has been a pleasure. Keep up the good work Boss.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"