Author Topic: Famous Liverpool Matches - I was there  (Read 27505 times)

Offline StockyRacistBannedTwat

• Main Stander
  • J'aime le rock progressif
Re: Famous Liverpool Matches - I was there
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2019, 11:53:01 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ikzv8831-C0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ikzv8831-C0</a>

When Supersub got the 3rd goal.....WOW
San Miguel,LFC and Prog Rock=The best place to be :)

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2019, 11:57:37 pm »
Our support that night was amazing..everyone getting behind the tram.

The Trim Tram ?

;D

Cant post it FB but google Liverpool Arsenal Villa Park and it pops up. Hearing it again is boss and yes it was just one of those night were everybody seemed to be there. A bit like the Auxuere ( wasn't at that ) game when it was about quality and not quantity. Hearing the Eeeeeeeawwwwww and Adams is a donkey gave me a chuckle tonight.

We're on the maaarch with Kenny's aaaarmy....

He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2019, 12:17:29 am »
Our support that night was amazing..everyone getting behind the tram.

Kept our season on track.

Offline Lotus Eater

• "The first picture of you! The first picture of summer. See the flowers scream their joy!" Father of Water Melon Eater.
  • Kopite
  • Yer Ma wears army boots
« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2019, 12:20:20 am »
I have a feeling Nicol might have bundled it in, I'm not sure.

It was a header from the edge of the box!
11 September 1999 - Slater Street. 2 beers, a packet of crisps and a truncheon please.

Offline Lotus Eater

• "The first picture of you! The first picture of summer. See the flowers scream their joy!" Father of Water Melon Eater.
  • Kopite
« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2019, 12:28:23 am »
1986 FA Cup Final has not been mentioned yet.

Legendary game.
Red and Blue together all day. The good old days.
1 nil down at half time.
11 September 1999 - Slater Street. 2 beers, a packet of crisps and a truncheon please.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2019, 01:17:10 am »

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2019, 01:32:54 am »
Remembered another one - the 9-0 against Palace at Anfield in 1989. Aldo's last game and I very nearly got the shirt he threw into the crowd afterwards.

On the train back, this old guy said to me "what was the score, son?" "9-0 to the Reds, mate" I replied. "Hmm, good that" he nodded, and went back to his Echo.

Offline luisgarciaisgod

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2019, 01:37:44 am »
The 96 cup final and the 01 cup final were probably the most famous ones but the one I most enjoyed was the Roma game when Houllier came back after his heart issues, Anfield was rocking that night and I remember the worry of us starting Litmanen/Heskey up front and the two them battered that Roma defence.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2019, 01:37:58 am »
Liverpool 3 - Arsenal 0.

Fastest hat-trick (at the time) by God.

Sat in the centenary and heard someone shout 'Fat Arse' when Seamen came to collect the ball for a free-kick or goal kick or something.

Brought it on himself... He did this weird thing where he came over, turned his whole body to the crowd and then picked up the ball, like you would moon someone.

Anyhow, was a great game and one that sticks in my mind.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2019, 02:15:29 am »
The one I never shut up about.

The Arsenal cup reply in 89 at Villa . The highlights are on youtube but cant seem to post it .

This the one?

The travelling Kop were loud that night.  :D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Jnwtc8NIzEw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Jnwtc8NIzEw</a>
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2019, 02:26:03 am »
I see Liverpool 9 - Palace 0 has got some mentions.

I wasn't actually going to that one, but I was outside the house on the day of the game and a mate was walking past. He couldn't make the match himself so asked if I wanted two tickets. I decided to go and my younger brother came with me. What a stroke of luck that was.  :D

At one point in the game I had to ask my brother what the score was because I'd lost count. Just watching it back on Youtube I had forgotten just how good some of those goals were.

Feast your eyes...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/3Qfi3S3Y7mc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/3Qfi3S3Y7mc</a>
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2019, 08:06:50 am »
Riise and Garcia screamers to put us in the FA Cup Final at Old Trafford. Putting Chelsea away at United was something special

Great day.

Got a taxi to the ground, asked the Manc to drop us off by the Liverpool
Fans, he parks round the corner from a pub and says just follow it round there lads. Follow it round and it’s fucking full of Chelsea.

Manc twat.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2019, 10:21:07 am »
I see Liverpool 9 - Palace 0 has got some mentions.

I wasn't actually going to that one, but I was outside the house on the day of the game and a mate was walking past. He couldn't make the match himself so asked if I wanted two tickets. I decided to go and my younger brother came with me. What a stroke of luck that was.  :D

At one point in the game I had to ask my brother what the score was because I'd lost count. Just watching it back on Youtube I had forgotten just how good some of those goals were.

Feast your eyes...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/3Qfi3S3Y7mc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/3Qfi3S3Y7mc</a>

I was at this game, wasn't it a night match? The strange thing was, and this might sound arrogant but at the time it did feel like there was something like an 8 or 9-0 coming for a team visiting Anfield, Liverpool really were that good. Certainly the best team I've ever seen to date and I'm sure they would have won at least one European cup had they been able to play in it. 
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2019, 10:24:08 am »
I was at this game, wasn't it a night match? The strange thing was, and this might sound arrogant but at the time it did feel like there was something like an 8 or 9-0 coming for a team visiting Anfield, Liverpool really were that good. Certainly the best team I've ever seen to date and I'm sure they would have won at least one European cup had they been able to play in it.
‘The shirt and boots go into the Kop as a souvenir.’ Going to have to dig out my 89-90 season review VHS.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2019, 10:54:04 am »
The 96 cup final and the 01 cup final were probably the most famous ones but the one I most enjoyed was the Roma game when Houllier came back after his heart issues, Anfield was rocking that night and I remember the worry of us starting Litmanen/Heskey up front and the two them battered that Roma defence.

Yeah that Roma game was great, a real buzz when Houllier appeared. And Heskey bossed them that night. My first proper European night having previously only been to Brondby, Celia Vigo and Toma the year before when we lost but went through.

Offline andywilko

• Anny Roader
  • Thank You
« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2019, 12:33:32 pm »
Famous League Cup Ties of the 80's almost deserves its own thread.  The Arsenal semi at Villa Park remains one of my all time favourite games, then there was the untelevised Molby goal , the Rush winner at Goodison after the Beglin injury, the final against the Mancs. Good times.

The first Chelsea semi is not just the greatest game I have ever been to, but one of the most incredible experiences of my whole life.  The feeling when you walked into the ground and looked around - there was no way we were going to lose, the collective will of Anfield was that strong.  It was something I have not felt before or since.

Having said that, last seasons run to the CL final was as good as it's ever been and to be able to say that after 40 years with all that's gone before and all that modern football has become is fucking brilliant.
And with such simplicity,
The European Cup, surely, is won.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2019, 12:47:30 pm »
I could do pages of terrible games

A draw against Wimbledon in the 90s which was the coldest I’ve ever been.

A CL qualifier against some Czech side I’d never heard of before (or since)..
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 12:52:26 pm by Tepid T₂O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline NewfoundRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Come from Away
« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2019, 12:58:27 pm »
Here's the Terry McDermott goal in all its glory, Johnson with a gorgeous pass, Highway with a brilliant cross and a terrific finish from McDermott. One end of the field to another in seconds.

https://youtu.be/vOB7pcqBH-Y

I was at that game. My mate and I used to stand at the front of the Anny Road, there was a guy from our youth club who was a steward and he asked why we stood there instead of further back, but we liked being close to the pitch. I think it was Barry Daines in goal for Spurs and he made some great saves, it was one of those games where it could easily have been 10. That last goal was so pure. Another friend of mine and I spent years trying to recreate it, we figured we could do it with just the two of us and no need for opposition starting from the halfway. I had to be on the end of the cross because I could actually head the ball. Can't remember if we ever managed it successfully- so probably not.  :)

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2019, 01:06:42 pm »
Okay, it’s been mentioned in dispatches, it’s a famous night, I was there, so here goes....

Liverpool 3 Auxerre 0 (Agg 3-2)

UEFA Cup 2nd round 2nd leg

Wednesday 6th November 1991

I remember being excited for this one all week. My brother was in the Kop when Fairclough slotted in ‘77 and this felt like it COULD be my generations version (okay same generation, he’s my brother, but he’s 12 years older than me). A European night against a team from France needing to turn round a two goal deficit. Oh yes, I was ready for this one, tingling with excitement by the time the day arrived.

I usually got a lift to the match with my mate Jacko who I shared a house with at the time. Half 5 on the night of the match and I say to him ‘are you ready?’ And he goes, ‘I’m not feeling too good, I think I’ve got the flu..and the weather’s terrible. I’m going to give it miss’ A decision he’d regret for a long time (he still does now to be fair!).

Despite the weather, which was indeed shocking, I decided to walk. I was bubbling with nerves and excitement and i thought it would calm me down. Didn’t take long in the end, less than an hour and I got the benefit of ‘feeling it’, that unmistakable something in the air. No not that! I’m talking about that sense of occasion, the floodlights piercing a dark, moody sky, the pubs packed but now emptying noisily onto the streets as kick off approaches.

Into the ground and oh, the weather’s put a few off, lots of empty seats. But never mind The Kop’s packed, steaming and loud....VERY fucking loud! This feels special already. And it was.

I’ve been to most of the famous ones since and this is still numero uno for me. It’s a rare one where the myth doesn’t come close to matching the reality rather than the other way round which is sometimes the case. Watch the video below, and listen to the racket after the players have run out. Put some headphones in and turn the volume up and take yourself there (or back there if you were there). Hairs on the back of the neck stuff.

Songs weren’t sung that night, they were shouted. Shouted and punched into the air with fight and passion and belief. The ‘oh when the Reds’ pre-kick off has a real venom to it. The intention as always to fire up our lads and put the pure shitters up the opposition. It worked. Listen to the roar as the ref waits for an age to get the match going. The tension builds and builds and The Kop is literally baying to get on with it. An absolute cauldron. And of course it worked.

When Mark Walters scored I knew it was our Fairclough moment. The place went berserk. I’ll never forget it.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/iK-CGFzMTFM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/iK-CGFzMTFM</a>

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #99 on: January 19, 2019, 01:14:09 pm »
Leicester away in 1986.  Bedlam when it came through that Oxford were beating the Ev.

Madness on the coach coming home. Some genius managed to tune the telly upstairs to the highlights by sticking his finger in the aerial socket. Hit a motorway junction as Whelan hit the winner, it dissolved into a snowy screen, but everyone was leaping around as though it had just happened.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #100 on: January 19, 2019, 01:32:06 pm »
Here one for the really arl arses
Liverpool 4 Birmingham 3

It was 72\73 season, my first season as a real Kopite, and it was played in a monsoon. The only time we were ahead was when we scored the winner.
Gordon Taylor and Bob Latchford played for them.

The rain was that heavy the floodlights were giving off clouds of steam and people around us reckoned they were going to blow.

It was a game where any other team or crowd would have given up, yet Shanks’ men kept at it. It was part of ‘yer education’ as a young Kopite - we fight and no surrender we fight for the boys in red, we’ll fight the fight for Liverpool, the team Bill Shankly bred!
Many a game after that we were down but not out and you never gave up hope.
Still like that now.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2019, 01:37:27 pm »
I could do pages of terrible games

A draw against Wimbledon in the 90s which was the coldest I’ve ever been.

A CL qualifier against some Czech side I’d never heard of before (or since)..
The one when collymore scored after 36 seconds? Drew 1-1. It was fucking freezing.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2019, 06:46:50 pm »
The one when collymore scored after 36 seconds? Drew 1-1. It was fucking freezing.
2 disallowed goals is what I remember... that was the one wasn’t it?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2019, 07:13:34 pm »
2 disallowed goals is what I remember... that was the one wasn’t it?
Not sure. I think Leonardsen scored for them.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2019, 07:14:35 pm »

Yes, it was a night match.

I don't think it was arrogant to think like that. We had a ridiculously good side then, and you just knew that when it clicked that someone would get it. I think you are right about us probably having more European Cups if we were able to enter back then.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #105 on: January 19, 2019, 07:43:11 pm »
Yes, it was a night match.

I don't think it was arrogant to think like that. We had a ridiculously good side then, and you just knew that when it clicked that someone would get it. I think you are right about us probably having more European Cups if we were able to enter back then.
1988 would have been a cert, a very average PSV team won it.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2019, 07:49:15 pm »
1988 would have been a cert, a very average PSV team won it.

We wouldn’t have been in it though.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #107 on: January 19, 2019, 07:50:03 pm »
We wouldn’t have been in it though.
:D
Very good point. PSV v The Ev in the final then.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #108 on: January 19, 2019, 07:57:58 pm »
This a fantastic thread.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Lotus Eater

• Kopite
« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2019, 08:34:42 pm »
the Rush winner at Goodison after the Beglin injury,

I was in the Park End Stand for that one - horrendous leg break that was.
We went nuts when Rushie scored

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: January 19, 2019, 09:05:10 pm »
I'm 27 so mine are more recent but top 5 are probably:

07 - Chelsea semi in the CL
07 - Arsenal in the quarters CL
09 - Real Madrid when we battered them

The derby when Gerrard got sent off at Anfield and we won 2-0 (can't remember the year) - just remember the Evertonians celebrating and waving him off as if they'd won the league.

Last season: City and Roma in the CL at home, City in the league (4-3)

Top 5 worst games I went to:

Kiev (Fantastic day but heartbreaking match)
Blackpool at home under Roy.
United beating us when O Shea scored in the last minute.
The 3-0 loss to Everton when Andy Johnson scored (I was in the home end at Goodison...)
The FA Cup semi final vs Villa at Wembley a few years ago
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: January 19, 2019, 09:12:49 pm »
1978 European cup final..

My first ever football game..

I don’t really remeber anything about it other than vague memories, but I was never going to be anything other than a red after that.
W

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: January 19, 2019, 10:04:59 pm »
I was in the Park End Stand for that one - horrendous leg break that was.
We went nuts when Rushie scored

I was in the Gladdy for that I think. My memory fails me . Not sure if I was in the Park End Stand for the Houghton cup winner. Kin ell. Only 46 and my memory is getting foggy over some footie games.

Clarke's winner - Top Balcony
Kenny's goal after 17 seconds - Enclosure
Wark's penalty miss - The Gladdy

It's those two cup games that's confusing me. Maybe I done a last 20 manouvere and changed ends for one of them.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #113 on: January 19, 2019, 10:07:51 pm »
Here one for the really arl arses
Liverpool 4 Birmingham 3

It was 72\73 season, my first season as a real Kopite, and it was played in a monsoon. The only time we were ahead was when we scored the winner.
Gordon Taylor and Bob Latchford played for them.

The rain was that heavy the floodlights were giving off clouds of steam and people around us reckoned they were going to blow.

It was a game where any other team or crowd would have given up, yet Shanks’ men kept at it. It was part of ‘yer education’ as a young Kopite - we fight and no surrender we fight for the boys in red, we’ll fight the fight for Liverpool, the team Bill Shankly bred!
Many a game after that we were down but not out and you never gave up hope.
Still like that now.

And when today's team get the same result there's whining from some on here. Fight and no surrender are alien concepts.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: January 19, 2019, 10:12:27 pm »
That Leicester away in 86 is a boss shout.

Was in the Leicester end with me folks and our Alan .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Lotus Eater

• Kopite
« Reply #115 on: January 19, 2019, 10:45:44 pm »

Kenny's goal after 17 seconds - Enclosure

A Blue mate gave me a ticket for their 500 Club (Main Stand)
I was supposed to meet him at half time downstairs, but he never showed up!

They pulled it back to 3-2
I remember Kenny missed a sitter near the end as well

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: January 20, 2019, 12:15:36 am »
A Blue mate gave me a ticket for their 500 Club (Main Stand)
I was supposed to meet him at half time downstairs, but he never showed up!

They pulled it back to 3-2
I remember Kenny missed a sitter near the end as well

He did indeed. Infact he missed a few .

Going back to my last 20's thing before I reckon one of the best I've done was again at Goodison. The FA Cup Semi's in 85. I was standing on the big ledge the use to have in the middle of it and and gets up to the stand above to see Walsh's last minute equaliser . Think I was still in the Gladdy for Whelan's one though. I always will remember some fella I'd say in his 30's with his 80's muzzie picking me up and hugging me in mad celebration.

Boss Thread.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Lotus Eater

• Kopite
« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2019, 12:18:32 am »
He did indeed. Infact he missed a few .

Going back to my last 20's thing before I reckon one of the best I've done was again at Goodison. The FA Cup Semi's in 85. I was standing on the big ledge the use to have in the middle of it and and gets up to the stand above to see Walsh's last minute equaliser . Think I was still in the Gladdy for Whelan's one though. I always will remember some fella I'd say in his 30's with his 80's muzzie picking me up and hugging me in mad celebration.

Boss Thread.

I went to the replay at Maine Road where we got beat. Bryan Robson scored a beauty.

Those games were very moody, I think there was a load of stabbing sat Goodison

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: January 20, 2019, 02:08:40 am »
I went to the replay at Maine Road where we got beat. Bryan Robson scored a beauty.

Those games were very moody, I think there was a load of stabbing sat Goodison

Golf balls with nails in too. I was only a kid but seen it first hand that day . Always remember seeing Liverpool fans from my view in the Gladdy jumping over from the Enclosure into the Park End when it was kicking off. I always remember to Mancs in the Gladdy one by one moving their way over to the Paddock trying not to get sussed and then jumping over the fence into the Paddock some of them got over but some got twatted. In some of the Manc Hoolie ( we legged everyone and the Perry Boys started the terrace /  scally fashion  ) books they took over Liverpool that day and Everton's lads were out for them too. Bollocks. Everton were in London taking the piss that day . That's what I can't stand about United as a Club or the  arrogance and false swagger of Mancs in general. They are the Cockneys of the North. Shallow twats that will always try and emulate that well hung docker from down the road.

Tits.

And..... breathe....

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: January 20, 2019, 10:43:52 am »
Famous League Cup Ties of the 80's almost deserves its own thread.  The Arsenal semi at Villa Park remains one of my all time favourite games, then there was the untelevised Molby goal , the Rush winner at Goodison after the Beglin injury, the final against the Mancs. Good times.

The first Chelsea semi is not just the greatest game I have ever been to, but one of the most incredible experiences of my whole life.  The feeling when you walked into the ground and looked around - there was no way we were going to lose, the collective will of Anfield was that strong.  It was something I have not felt before or since.

Having said that, last seasons run to the CL final was as good as it's ever been and to be able to say that after 40 years with all that's gone before and all that modern football has become is fucking brilliant.

Was in the Bullens Road right in front of the Beglin injury when Rush got the winner and in the Park End when Houghton scored the winner in that other cup game, seem to remember both goals were scored quite late on. On both occasions I remember going absolutely mental for about five minutes until I was breathless and then standing there studying the Everton fans who all looked devastated and shattered, now where have we seen them like that before? So I probably spent a good ten minutes not even paying any attention to the match in front of me!
 ;D   
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"