Poll

Just curious about the impact Covid-19 is having

I work in the UK and normally work from home
30 (17.8%)
I work in the UK and don't normally work from home but have started  to \ expect to by April
80 (47.3%)
I work in the UK and working from home isn't an option
33 (19.5%)
I live but don't work in the UK
0 (0%)
I don't live in the UK
26 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 169

Voting closed: March 23, 2020, 02:56:14 pm

Author Topic: Working From Home  (Read 168422 times)

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
Re: Working From Home
« Reply #120 on: March 20, 2020, 03:19:46 pm »
Ha, reminded me of a funny video on Twitter yesterday....

https://twitter.com/NickCohen4/status/1240744874195988504

;D she's in the same boat with the fractions!
Believer

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #121 on: March 20, 2020, 03:29:16 pm »
Worst thing about working from home is to be on call constantly especially when you are managing a team and team communication is needed frequently. Got sore throat don't know what caused it.

Good thing is people who are usually lethargic at workplace are productive when working from home. Getting responses immediately when compared to working from office  ;D
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #122 on: March 20, 2020, 03:33:51 pm »
Fucking nightmare trying to get anything done with 2 kids here who have been set far too much work from their school who are obviously trying to look organised. Bit of leeway needed!

Don't they realise RAWK posts don't grow on trees!?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #123 on: March 20, 2020, 03:46:41 pm »
Don't they realise RAWK posts don't grow on trees!?

At least they get to see what I do all day.

They’re fast learners to be fair. They already know that Craig’s a dick, Phil’s a wannabe mod, Andy’s a Man United fan and although unconfirmed, Rob may be married to a Manc.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #124 on: March 20, 2020, 05:45:59 pm »

They’re fast learners to be fair. They already know that Craig’s a dick, Phil’s a wannabe mod, Andy’s a Man United fan and although unconfirmed, Rob may be married to a Manc.

:lmao
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: March 20, 2020, 06:03:35 pm »
Noise cancelling headphones and a sign that says ‘fuck off, I’m working’? 😃

I use the spare room as my office and I only go in there when I’m actually at work so it feels very separate. I have a work laptop and an iMac in there and then a MacBook I use outside of work, since GDPR came in they advised us no email etc on non-company/secure devices so once I leave that room there’s no plugging back into work stuff, and I think that’s very important cos you can feel like you’re permanently at their beck and call.

I normally just shout that at them  ;)

We only got given laptops about 5 years ago and working from home is still not really encouraged, so the front room was given over to the kids. I'm up with the wife just after 6, so I will work til around 8, feed the monsters, then start work again, scrum meeting at 10 and then couple of hours break at dinner. I'm doing Mon/Wed/Fri at home and Tuesday and Thursday morning home, afternoon in the office.

Even though there were only 5 of us in today, I still only did half the work I did at home yesterday due to chatting and stuff.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: March 20, 2020, 06:04:01 pm »

:lmao
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #127 on: March 20, 2020, 08:18:23 pm »

Have you taught them about Barney yet?  :-X

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #128 on: March 20, 2020, 08:20:40 pm »
Have you taught them about Barney yet?  :-X

Saving that one for the Summer term. Could take a while.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #129 on: March 21, 2020, 12:07:14 pm »
I work in the labs currently testing all these covid samples so no option of working from home....but on the plus side Greggs keep giving us free coffee and muffins  :thumbup

Best of luck with your current work mate, let's hope there is good news soon. In the meantime enjoy your coffee and muffins.  :wave
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #130 on: March 21, 2020, 12:50:10 pm »
I'm self-employed and have worked from home for over nine years. By far the hardest thing to do is motivate yourself each and every day. Personally, I set myself an earnings target for the week and do my best to get there.

The second hardest thing is staying off this bloody forum  ;D

The process will be a shock to those doing it for the first time, but many of you will grow to enjoy it I think.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #131 on: March 21, 2020, 02:34:59 pm »
Horrible having to tell some old folk that there's no essentials about, knowing that Fat Baz and his missus are getting 3 lots of everything each.  Had someone try that the other day, only for them to be told in no uncertain circumstances they could have three of each total or nothing.  So they fucked off in a huff.  Can't have needed it then, pricks!
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #132 on: March 23, 2020, 03:44:24 pm »
Oh bollocks.

I’ve fine and bought myself a new iPad ... see, working from home is bad!.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #133 on: March 23, 2020, 06:47:47 pm »
Current mood.

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #134 on: March 23, 2020, 08:27:40 pm »
Oh bollocks.

I wanted to do the very same and buy an iPad, times are hard for a lot of retailers so you can find the occasional bargain if you shop around. Then the voice of reason that is my wife reminded me that either one of us could be dead in a month and in that case we didn’t need a second iPad.

We still have one iPad :(
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #135 on: March 23, 2020, 10:26:56 pm »
So how long do you reckon you could do absolutely nothing working from home before anyone at your work knew you were taking the piss?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: March 23, 2020, 10:41:25 pm »
I wanted to do the very same and buy an iPad, times are hard for a lot of retailers so you can find the occasional bargain if you shop around. Then the voice of reason that is my wife reminded me that either one of us could be dead in a month and in that case we didn’t need a second iPad.

We still have one iPad :(
This is the exact justification I used for muskeg to buy one!

Plus I need it to work and mine has holes in the  screen.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: March 23, 2020, 10:51:32 pm »
So how long do you reckon you could do absolutely nothing working from home before anyone at your work knew you were taking the piss?
One day  :butt

My work are (in my opinion) using the Microsoft Threat Analytics data illegally.  Effectively it tracks every piece of network traffic and they're using it to model how long people are inactive when working from home.  They also measure Outlook volumes.

A smarter person that me would write a bit of code to randomly navigate through the work network, reply to every third e-mail with "Thanks" and also forward every 10th e-mail to a colleague with "For info" as the only text.

I'm tempted to let my six and three-year olds loose on my work laptop for a few hours.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: March 23, 2020, 11:32:06 pm »
Oh bollocks.

I bought a treadmill.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: March 23, 2020, 11:32:27 pm »

A week.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: March 23, 2020, 11:38:43 pm »
I bought a treadmill.
Now then, no need to do something stupid like that
W

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: March 23, 2020, 11:42:48 pm »
Now then, no need to do something stupid like that

Also a bonsai tree. If I take up karate, send help

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: March 24, 2020, 11:58:05 am »
If you're wearing a scarf over your face while you're shopping, you should lose the right to vote.  It's like a fucking Bane cosplay convention in work at the minute.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: March 24, 2020, 12:17:33 pm »
Good god.  My wife rings a bell every time one of her team brings in a deal.

It’s doing  my head in.  She’s got 40 odd of the fuckers.
W

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #144 on: March 24, 2020, 12:19:43 pm »

Business is booming.

Is she an undertaker?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #145 on: March 24, 2020, 12:27:25 pm »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/URAqnM1PP5E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/URAqnM1PP5E</a>
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #146 on: March 24, 2020, 12:34:00 pm »
Currently sat at the table with my work laptop open doing nothing and my iPad next to it watching Return of the King ;D

In fairness, there is no work for me to do.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: March 24, 2020, 12:40:37 pm »
Business is booming.

Is she an undertaker?
No, she works in unified communications.

Business is through the roof.  Which is good.
W

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #148 on: March 24, 2020, 12:52:36 pm »
It's not much and I don't really know how it works but there's a working from home allowance, it's currently about £17/mo but is going up. Half the broadband bill, ish, might be worth an ask!

We've been told it's £18 but that it's only available if you're working from home permanently, although that could just be our bosses trying to pull a swift one.

Anyone else actually doing MORE work than they do in the office? I've realised how much time I faff about and chat when there's people around me. On the plus side, the time is going far quicker than it often seems to in the office.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #149 on: March 24, 2020, 01:16:59 pm »
One day  :butt

My work are (in my opinion) using the Microsoft Threat Analytics data illegally.  Effectively it tracks every piece of network traffic and they're using it to model how long people are inactive when working from home.  They also measure Outlook volumes.

A smarter person that me would write a bit of code to randomly navigate through the work network, reply to every third e-mail with "Thanks" and also forward every 10th e-mail to a colleague with "For info" as the only text.

I'm tempted to let my six and three-year olds loose on my work laptop for a few hours.

"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: March 24, 2020, 01:23:43 pm »
I bought a treadmill.
the cheap spinning bike I was eyeing up the last week has gone, payday is tomorrow ffs

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: March 24, 2020, 01:25:29 pm »
I’m not really spending anything.
Right now I’m actually saving quite a bit.  It’s stopped my wife too!

You stop getting a drink on the way to and from work and it all adds up doesn’t it. 
W

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #152 on: March 24, 2020, 01:29:24 pm »
My office base in my contract is 'Home' although I travel a lot with work to customer sites, my nearest office is around 200 miles away and not been there since March 2018!

So this is pretty much par for the course for me, although all work related travel is suspended for obvious reasons so imagine I'll be getting even more stir crazy in the next few weeks!!

Think this WFH directive is likely to last until the end of Summer so buckle up people
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #153 on: March 24, 2020, 01:31:07 pm »
I bought a treadmill.
bought a treadmill and a crosstrainer yesterday, just had an email to say they are out of stock and not likely to be replaced for the forseeable future, so the order is cancelled!  :no :no :no

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #154 on: March 24, 2020, 01:32:02 pm »
I bought a treadmill.

My mate works for a company who sell treadmills to John Lewis. I think they received more orders this weekend than they’ve had all year up til now!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 01:39:44 pm by BIG DICK NICK »

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #155 on: March 24, 2020, 01:32:27 pm »
the cheap spinning bike I was eyeing up the last week has gone, payday is tomorrow ffs
its a nightmare trying to get any gym equipment, the only things left are £500 plus per item!!

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #156 on: March 24, 2020, 01:33:38 pm »

You stop getting a drink on the way to and from work and it all adds up doesn’t it. 

That’s the only plus side for now (and until hours get reduced etc). Normally costs me about £7 a day for the tube, fiver or so for lunch because I’m crap at making it, the odd couple of pints through the week. Fair bit of saving there if we’re like this for a couple of months or beyond.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: March 24, 2020, 01:45:42 pm »
its a nightmare trying to get any gym equipment, the only things left are £500 plus per item!!
bought some kettlebells a few weeks ago for a decent price so there’s that win

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #158 on: March 24, 2020, 07:02:22 pm »

As I posted on the other Corona virus thread, I’m saving £400 a month in nursery fees for my daughter, about £250 in not going to the pub, say £100 on not going out with the Mrs for a Nando’s etc, £100 by smoking less, probably about £100 on lunch, £20 on the gym. That’s the best part of a grand a month saved.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: March 24, 2020, 07:03:04 pm »
As I posted on the other Corona virus thread, I’m saving £400 a month in nursery fees for my daughter, about £250 in not going to the pub, say £100 on not going out with the Mrs for a Nando’s etc, £100 by smoking less, probably about £100 on lunch, £20 on the gym. That’s the best part of a grand a month saved.
Bloody hell mate!

Yeah, not going out for lunch at the weekend is adding up.
W