Author Topic: The Perch  (Read 1660 times)

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
The Perch
« on: January 18, 2020, 12:47:31 pm »
Since NBC has partnered with the Prem and put millions into marketing, a coupla interviews with Neville and Carra research the rise of MU. 

It was all about Fergie's mind, approach to youth and non alcohol training which led to greater stamina in the last 10 minutes.  He was streets ahead in his methods.

A bit like our Jurgen but without the charm.

The additional cameras and in depth coverage of all things English footy, whilst probably infuriating the lucky few able to get tickets, has turned a single cam at midfield into a virtually 3D telly experience mesmerising the entire world.

It's causing huge respect among Yank viewers for summat wot used to be considered an anti-American sport played by soft lads chasing a ball and feigning injuries.
Kill the humourless

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Perch
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 12:51:45 pm »
It's always been and always will be the greatest sport there is.
Couldn't care less what Americans think of it though  ;D

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 01:57:29 pm »
There's a famous quote by Max Merkel who has won league titles in Austria, Germany and Spain related to alcohol. "Once I had the alcoholics play the non-alcoholics in training. The alcoholics won 7-1. I said: keep drinking." :D

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 02:25:11 pm »
On it!
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Rafas3leggedtable

• Legacy Fan
When Alex Ferguson also "went down in my estimation"
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 02:05:08 pm »
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/11979551/kevin-keegans-rant-remembered

So up to this point 24 years ago i had a begruding respect for Fergie and how he built his teams up coupled with the never say die spirit.
Then Keegan, and later on Rafa, pointed out a few hometruths. The way he bullied officials, disresepected other clubs along with the bad sportsmanship is everything i dislike about that club even today.
Keegan and Rafa may have been ridiculed but show me large parts of what they said and tell me it wasnt true.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 02:07:36 pm by Rafas3leggedtable »
The people of Liverpool are workers. This is not a rich town where everyone lives a comfortable life. They work hard for themselves, and this is what we at Liverpool like to do. This is the attitude we must all have.