Author Topic: Jurgen: thank you from RAWK  (Read 111146 times)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Re: Jurgen: thank you from RAWK
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2020, 08:45:21 pm »
What make are they? Mrs P works in optics so I'll be able to impress her next time Klopp's on the telly.
I honestly can't remember but I'll post a pic of them when I collect them week after next ;D

Offline Kloppo.GER

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: July 9, 2020, 02:41:58 pm »
Also, in Germany we are all still in love with Klopp <3
His emotionality, his statements, how he manages to form outstanding teams

Offline Razors Razor

• Sworn enemy of Occam's Occam.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2020, 03:24:07 am »
I love this man. Thank you Jurgen for bringing a big smile to my face.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2020, 01:02:29 am »
Can’t be said enough really, What a great man Jürgen is.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Jamie_G

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Internet Terrorist
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2020, 09:43:01 am »
Thank you from th bottom of my heart Jurgen. The things my son and I have seen and done with this incredible team are the stuff of dreams.
Bill Shankly to Ian St John - 'If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just pop it in the net and we'll discuss your options afterwards.'

Morpheus: Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #45 on: December 3, 2021, 11:07:55 am »
Should have done this much sooner, but thanks Jurgen for all your work in getting this squad together and performing such exciting watchable football.

Wednesday evening at Goodison was a perfect example of how you channeled the angst from a year ago into playing football and what football. The first 30 minutes were played as we all dream of playing. Fast, accurate movement of the ball and players resulting in two excellent goals and a host of chances. The skill and movement was intoxicating to me.

I’ve been lucky enough to have seen all our great teams since Shankly first arrived and this one is right up there. To cap it all off it’s been done whilst topping the fair play league with no dark arts needed. Again, thanks to your beliefs on how the game should be played.

We are definitely believers and looking forward to watching us play again which I think you mentioned was your aim on arrival. Can’t get enough of watching this squad coupled with a terrific set of people working behind them.

You have, and still are creating history.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2021, 01:35:55 pm »
Thank you Jurgen, for giving me the greatest football I’ve ever seen this team of mine play.

Over the years I’ve watched some amazing performances, but I’ve watched some performances that have left me numb. Managers have come and gone in my time, Souness, Evans, Ged, Rafa, Roy, The King and Brendan, but Jurgen Klopp is the greatest.

2004 I watched us beat Arsenal with a Neil Mellor last minute belter, that performance was the best I’d seen in ages, I remember 2016 when Brendan Rodgers put out a team featuring the likes of Kolo Toure, Joe Allen, Fabio Borini, leaving Gerrard, Sterling and Coutinho on the bench against Real Madrid. Imagine throwing the towel in before we’d even kicked off!

Thank you Jurgen for making us one of the true giants in world football. We fear nobody. We are Liverpool Football Club.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2024, 06:58:12 pm »
Thank you Jurgen Klopp
While the heart hangs heavy right now, what you did for us will last always.

You're on the Mount Rushmore of our manager legends. And our legends are the best to ever do it.

You're in that pantheon of the elite. And you did it with soul, with character, with love, with our spirit, forged together.

YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2024, 09:17:12 pm »
I'm gonna miss you when you've gone - I hope you take the Germany job so we can all get behind youonce again.

Thanks for winning the lot, bringing so much joy and for being one of us.

YNWA
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2024, 02:34:37 am »
Stuff feels raw, still feels numb, I've still not come to terms with it. Next season will be weird but thanks boss, thanks for giving us our club back, thanks for the trophies, the fun and the joy of watching the reds play football.

I know you won't accept it but it really was all because of you.

Thank you YNWA
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Lfc19ynwa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2024, 05:35:28 am »
Jurgen, thank you for the tears,laughs, trophies & sheer joy you have given us all over the last 9 years.

You will be sorely missed , but we have to respect your wishes , it’s the least we can do after all you have done for us

Y.N.W.A
« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 05:50:09 am by Lfc19ynwa »

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2024, 07:10:33 am »
Thank you. One of a kind. Forever greatful. Genius manager, wonderful human being. Love him.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 07:13:11 am by Raaphael »

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2024, 09:51:32 am »
I woke up this morning in a good mood and it instantly hit me about Jurgen seconds after getting out of bed what horrible feeling well and truly gutted.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2024, 10:27:20 am »
Psst, he’s not gone yet.

Offline Runehammer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2024, 10:39:50 am »
Jurgen, thank you for the tears,laughs, trophies & sheer joy you have given us all over the last 9 years.

You will be sorely missed , but we have to respect your wishes , it’s the least we can do after all you have done for us

Y.N.W.A

Yeah this in a nutshell for me also.  YNWA

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2024, 01:20:33 pm »
So, so glad you're a Red, Jurgen.
Thank you for the amazing times - and access to some of the best bragging rights possible!

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: February 5, 2024, 01:36:54 am »
I can't find the words ... just the greatest. He gets us. A true gentleman that deserves to ride off into the sunset with all our blessings and support
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: February 5, 2024, 10:46:59 am »
Mignolet; Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Gomez; Can, Lucas, Milner; Firmino, Benteke, Coutinho

29th of August, 2015. West Ham’s Diafra Sakho cooly slots the ball past Simon Mignolet at the Anfield Road end, capping a miserable day at the office for Brendan Rodgers’ Liverpool under the shadow of the construction works of the new main stand. I was with my mate, we’d gone on my parents season tickets as they were away on holiday. We trudged out, bemoaning the lack of fight in the team. The highs and inevitable disappointment of 2013/14 were still fresh in the mind. Elsewhere on the same day, last seasons star man Raheem Sterling opened the scoring for Man City in a win over Watford to cap a miserable day. The mood around Anfield was quiet and hopeless, resigned to maybe the odd battle for 4th.

We headed into The Park pub for a couple of post game pints to drown our sorrows, and quickly got chatting to a rather lively group of Scandinavian gents. They were singing, dancing and drinking - it was like we’d just won a semi. They explained how a group of them fly over 2 or 3 times per year, stay for the weekend and go the match. Our original plan was to have a couple of pints while waiting for the crowds to calm down, but we ended up sticking around for a good few hours chatting about the reds and sipping Irish Whiskey with our new found mates. We ended up on the last train home, with dizzy heads and sore throats after an evening of chatting, singing and laughing. I headed home to my Nan’s house, where I was staying for the weekend. I sat and had a brew with her and my staunch Evertonian Grandad who couldn’t resist a chuckle when hearing about the stereotypical Norwegian reds I’d had a great afternoon with. We stayed in touch with the lads, hoping to meet up one day in the future.

Mignolet; Flanagan, Toure, Sakho, Moreno; Henderson, Lucas, Can; Milner, Firmino, Lallana

January 2016, my Nan was unexpectedly taken into Hospital and one Monday afternoon we had the call to say she was approaching the end of life. The day after, we played Stoke in the League Cup and I took the same mate again. You'll Never Walk Alone is a song that's always connected my family, particularly to my Nan, who was as red as they come. She had seen us in our true glory days, often remarking how she loved Roger Hunt and his "lovely pair of legs". Singing before the game was tough as I did it through tears, but felt comfort in knowing that as long as I had Liverpool FC, I would have that connection. I am very grateful she got to see us under Jurgen, who in her words was a "big handsome fella". After she passed, I would often go to visit my Grandad and watch the footy, especially on days when us and the Blues were both on the telly. He was old school, he appreciated good football and would rather see a Merseyside victory than anyone else. He passed away a few months later, but we found some comfort knowing he wasn't without the love of his life for too long.

Karius; Gomez, Lovren, Matip, Moreno; Can, Henderson, Wijnaldum; Salah, Firmino, Mane

The next time I heard from one of the Norwegian lads was September 2017. He text, saying he had a spare for the upcoming Champions League game against Sevilla. When we met, it was outside an Anfield with a much changed mood, a more hopeful crowd excited to see what was to come this year. The name on everyone’s lips was Mohamed Salah, who had been amongst the goals already and was beginning to look like a shrewd signing. In the shadow of the new main stand, Salah scored in an eventual 2-2 draw. Not a victory, but the feeling around the whole stadium had changed. Salah, Mane, Firmino and Coutinho were on their way to becoming the Fab Four.

Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson; Wijnaldum, Fabinho, Shaqiri; Salah, Firmino, Mane

The 2018/19 season, after the heartbreak of Kyiv, and a mate of mine went travelling so handed over his season ticket for the year. By now, we had a formidable team and were fighting on all fronts. We were a joy to watch under Jurgen. In December of that year, my Grandad on my Dads side was taken into hospital. Whenever we would visit, the first thing he’d ask was for us to show him the latest highlights on the iPad. The last highlights he saw were of the 1-0 win over Everton, with Origi’s last minute winner. During that game I was sat 3 rows in front of my parents, and you can imagine my surprise to see my dad’s head appear next to mine as he flew down all 3 rows after the goal to celebrate with me. His relationship with his Dad was built on a mutual love of the reds, and unbeknownst to us at the time that was the last game that my Grandad would’ve seen in his 80+ years as a red.

Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson; Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Salah, Firmino, Mane

June 2019, and its Champions League final day again. We had a party in the house where I invited my still rather new girlfriend, and I don’t think she was prepared for the scenes that evening. Smoke bombs in the garden, jagerbombs in the house, tears of joy and hugs for all. Jurgen Klopp has made us Champions of Europe again. For my Nan, it was a bittersweet moment as she knew how much her late husband would have enjoyed it. But she carried on his passionate love of the reds, and has been there through all of our recent success cheering on Jurgens Liverpool. For my Dad, he toasted the heavens and knew his Dad would’ve been watching over the reds that night. What a team, what a party.

Jurgen Klopp is an outstanding human being, and for me his era contains so many memories. He took over when I was in my early twenties, and he leaves with me recently turning 30. I don’t live in the house where the European Cup final party happened in 2019, I’ve since moved out and bought my own home, with the girl I brought along to the festivities who is now my wife. I owe so much of my happiness over those years to Jurgen Klopp and what he stands for. The notion that someone "gets" a football club is thrown around lazily these days but Jurgen truly understood what this football club is about. He managed to maintain the old fashioned feel of the club and honoured our traditions, whilst on the pitch crafting a team built to compete with the modern giants.

He came here with a project, and left with a legacy, and I along with countless others will be forever grateful for Jurgen's reds.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2024, 09:06:29 am »
What a fella
Changed the mentality of the club from top to bottom and led by example...the sort of man you'd want associated with your club being a fan of football. Moved the right way...said the right things. He just gets us.
Best manager in my memory (was too young when Kenny was here first time) - hopefully not the best manager I'll ever see but the bar is so high now.

Hope there are a few more great memories to come this season.... The footballing gods owe you another PL title but even if we win nothing it matters not a jot.

Thank you
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2024, 07:43:18 pm »
An amazing manager but even more amazing human being,
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2024, 08:39:50 pm »
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.