Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2060618 times)

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #16360 on: April 7, 2021, 05:34:12 pm »
EFL CEO suggests covid passports will be needed if full capacity back in August.

I'm having my second jab in 2 weeks so i am all in for that if same applies for PL :D

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #16361 on: April 7, 2021, 06:58:08 pm »
I'm having my second jab in 2 weeks so i am all in for that if same applies for PL :D

Be interesting if it is required!!

I get my 2nd Oxford jab in 4-5 weeks, hopefully still get it after today's announcement - only 23

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16362 on: April 7, 2021, 07:11:12 pm »
Interesting article about the auto cup renewals....

From what was previously said, it sounded to me like if you were in auto cup the previous season, you'd be guaranteed it the next season if you wanted in.... and it would be the same for ST holders they couldn't just jump on the ladder from 0

It sounds like it's actually something in the middle.

This suggests its going to be the same process as before for members (bun fight if you recorded all the games) but ST holders can only register for Autocup if they recorded all the games last season
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/seasonticketrenewals/auto-cup-scheme

What did you expect would happen?  Sounds like exactly how they were going to sell them.

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #16363 on: April 7, 2021, 10:18:49 pm »
From what was previously said, it sounded to me like if you were in auto cup the previous season, you'd be guaranteed it the next season if you wanted in....

This isn't true for members. I've been in the auto cup for years and still had to battle for a spot the past couple seasons.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16364 on: April 8, 2021, 06:52:11 am »
What did you expect would happen?  Sounds like exactly how they were going to sell them.

This isn't true for members. I've been in the auto cup for years and still had to battle for a spot the past couple seasons.

From what they had said in the past through the fans forum before the 19/20 season it sounded like from 2020/21 season going forward that they were going to make ACS an 'automatic' thing for members who were in it the previous year, like they have just done with ST holders...

So both ST and members both required credit to enter (ST's couldn't just jump the ladder, last season was the last opportunity to), but if you had a seat ACS the season before you were guaranteed an ACS seat the year after, over members or ST holders who picked up games in the late availability sales

Instead, its only guaranteed for ST holders with credit, not ST holders and Members who had got into the ACS the season before...

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #16365 on: April 8, 2021, 09:39:01 am »
If they did that then people would complain it was pretty much a closed shop. At least it should be less of a stress getting back on it as a member with full cups now.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16366 on: April 8, 2021, 10:33:38 am »
From what they had said in the past through the fans forum before the 19/20 season it sounded like from 2020/21 season going forward that they were going to make ACS an 'automatic' thing for members who were in it the previous year, like they have just done with ST holders...

So both ST and members both required credit to enter (ST's couldn't just jump the ladder, last season was the last opportunity to), but if you had a seat ACS the season before you were guaranteed an ACS seat the year after, over members or ST holders who picked up games in the late availability sales

Instead, its only guaranteed for ST holders with credit, not ST holders and Members who had got into the ACS the season before...

But it was never going to be an automatic thing for members. You were always going to have log in and select a seat for the cups like we have always done guarateed or not.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16367 on: April 8, 2021, 10:48:15 am »
But it was never going to be an automatic thing for members. You were always going to have log in and select a seat for the cups like we have always done guarateed or not.

The selecting the seat isn't an issue, I meant it would be like the 13+ sale... Know you're getting a seat without having to worry much

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16368 on: April 8, 2021, 12:26:39 pm »
The selecting the seat isn't an issue, I meant it would be like the 13+ sale... Know you're getting a seat without having to worry much

Just not seen anywhere they have said it is guarateed or not.  Just have to wait and see, but you are right it was said ACS members would be guarateed a seat going forward.

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #16369 on: April 8, 2021, 01:39:21 pm »
EFL CEO suggests covid passports will be needed if full capacity back in August.

Think the vaccine passports take into account negative tests within a certain time frame too. So I’m all for them  :P

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16370 on: April 8, 2021, 01:49:24 pm »
Just not seen anywhere they have said it is guarateed or not.  Just have to wait and see, but you are right it was said ACS members would be guarateed a seat going forward.

Think it was a comment on one of these threads donkeys ago from someone who goes to those meetings

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16371 on: April 8, 2021, 02:15:06 pm »

Maybe they know from the figures of who's got full credits that we will be but they're just not wording it like that? Would be nice if we were, ACS day is bloody stressful!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16372 on: April 8, 2021, 02:47:14 pm »
Given how Season Ticket holders can only enrol if they’ve got the required purchase history and taking into account we only got to the last 16 last season, surely Members who were on the scheme last season will be guaranteed anyway?
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16373 on: April 8, 2021, 03:50:50 pm »
Given how Season Ticket holders can only enrol if they’ve got the required purchase history and taking into account we only got to the last 16 last season, surely Members who were on the scheme last season will be guaranteed anyway?

If they use those that signed up for ACS yes but if they use those with credits no (due to more tickets going to UEFA the further you progress).

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #16374 on: April 8, 2021, 09:16:52 pm »
Are you sure about that Graham there is conflicting info over on the Rattle
League games are going off 18/19 - cup games from 19/20

League games in 22/23 will be based off 18/19

There are around 300 people who got the magic 13 last year who would miss out - compared to 700 if you went the other way.

From the ST renewals thread (a quote from RAOTL forum). However, Graham had earlier said this:

Credits will be used from 19/20 going forward nothing last season will be counted.

No idea on when member's sale will be.

He also said this:

They froze last season for obvious reasons and with all the changes this season they want to suspend credits.

However they might be looking at last season's situation on a case by case basis.

Still not sure what the club is going to do, but maybe they'll say tomorrow as membership renewals are supposed to happen in mid-April (as stated in an email).

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #16375 on: April 8, 2021, 10:06:56 pm »
Yeah, be interesting what they do.

I think they’ll do cup games from 19/20 as the last game (Atletico) was completed with a full stadium.

I have 13 in 19/20 and 16 in 18/19, but I don’t think they can use 19/20 for the league, for two reasons 1) there will be people who got to 13 but with the games refunded will be below 13 and 2) people didn’t have the full chance to get to 13 as they might be on 12 and would have tried to pick up the final one needed from the four remaining home games. Of course they might never have got one, but the argument will be they weren’t given the full 19 games to ‘try’ and get to 13 games. So can fully see them opting for 18/19 for league games.

But like Graham said, some people might be treated on a case by case basis

• Kopite
« Reply #16376 on: April 8, 2021, 10:20:28 pm »
Yeah, be interesting what they do.

I think they’ll do cup games from 19/20 as the last game (Atletico) was completed with a full stadium.

I have 13 in 19/20 and 16 in 18/19, but I don’t think they can use 19/20 for the league, for two reasons 1) there will be people who got to 13 but with the games refunded will be below 13 and 2) people didn’t have the full chance to get to 13 as they might be on 12 and would have tried to pick up the final one needed from the four remaining home games. Of course they might never have got one, but the argument will be they weren’t given the full 19 games to ‘try’ and get to 13 games. So can fully see them opting for 18/19 for league games.

But like Graham said, some people might be treated on a case by case basis

The reasons you've given back up the case for why 19/20 should be used and how it should be 10/11 rather than 13. It's much simpler to do this (than taking complaints from everyone who either reached 13 last season or believed they would have reached it) and those who are on 9/10 and believe they would have made 13 (e.g. had tickets to last few games) should be able to appeal to the club ("case by case basis").

• Kopite
« Reply #16377 on: April 8, 2021, 10:23:54 pm »
Graham saying that members will be able to give tickets to friends and family like season ticket holders can next season.

Correct and neither will members' F&F ned to be members. Clarification earlier.

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #16378 on: April 8, 2021, 10:35:37 pm »
The reasons you've given back up the case for why 19/20 should be used and how it should be 10/11 rather than 13. It's much simpler to do this (than taking complaints from everyone who either reached 13 last season or believed they would have reached it) and those who are on 9/10 and believe they would have made 13 (e.g. had tickets to last few games) should be able to appeal to the club ("case by case basis").

Maybe. But I guess the club have done the number crunching and people who got 13 18/19 might be below the 13 for 19/20... so I guess they’re thinking it makes sense for 300 people to appeal on a case by case basis who newly got 13, rather than members who got 13 18/19 but didn’t 19/20.

Don’t think they’ll drop the magic number from 13. But could be wrong. Suppose if they where going to that, they’d just have to make sure it was the same numbers so however many qualify 13+ 18/19, get that number and see what it is at for 19/20. Might well be about 11+. My partner only started going the game properly 19/20 on their membership and got to 9 games  :)

« Last Edit: April 8, 2021, 10:53:03 pm by RebeccaLFC »

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16379 on: April 9, 2021, 08:26:19 am »
Maybe. But I guess the club have done the number crunching and people who got 13 18/19 might be below the 13 for 19/20... so I guess they’re thinking it makes sense for 300 people to appeal on a case by case basis who newly got 13, rather than members who got 13 18/19 but didn’t 19/20.

Don’t think they’ll drop the magic number from 13. But could be wrong. Suppose if they where going to that, they’d just have to make sure it was the same numbers so however many qualify 13+ 18/19, get that number and see what it is at for 19/20. Might well be about 11+. My partner only started going the game properly 19/20 on their membership and got to 9 games  :)

I think people forget the club want the number of members in '13+' (or whatever number that may be) to be as low as possible. They always get complaints about tickets being too hard for members, so they'll take any opportunity to claw some back

The reality is the number in that group will always go up and never really go down apart from exercises like fan update

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #16380 on: April 9, 2021, 09:30:04 am »
Graham saying that members will be able to give tickets to friends and family like season ticket holders can next season.

This whole giving ticket to F&F is crazy. I thought it was mad allowing it for season ticket holders but for members also?? It’ll be a closed shop even more than it is now.

For members, would you be able to pass on tickets to F&F for cup comps as well as the league?

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16381 on: April 9, 2021, 09:33:25 am »
This whole giving ticket to F&F is crazy. I thought it was mad allowing it for season ticket holders but for members also?? It’ll be a closed shop even more than it is now.

For members, would you be able to pass on tickets to F&F for cup comps as well as the league?

As I said, the pandemic has made the TO go ‘fuck loyalty’

Online Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #16382 on: April 9, 2021, 09:46:15 am »

I'd imagine it would only be allowed on a very limited number of occasions? maybe a couple for league games and once per cup competition?

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16383 on: April 9, 2021, 10:27:33 am »
I'd imagine it would only be allowed on a very limited number of occasions? maybe a couple for league games and once per cup competition?

3 times a season for members is the current standard to officially transfer tickets to friends/family and keep the credit by phoning the TO

Might turn around and say if you do it more times than this then you lose credit

I know season ticket holders will be 'monitored' on how much they pass on, to the point people can nominate (through the TO) 1 individual who they will pass to very often - like when people share season tickets or have periods working away from home etc...

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16384 on: April 9, 2021, 10:50:01 am »
As I said, the pandemic has made the TO go ‘fuck loyalty’

You’ve always been able to do this. Three times a season. Nothing new or to do with the pandemic.
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16385 on: April 9, 2021, 11:08:16 am »
You’ve always been able to do this. Three times a season. Nothing new or to do with the pandemic.

They don't have to be members though, has that always been the case?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16386 on: April 9, 2021, 11:08:59 am »

Yeah, I've passed mine on to non-members before. They just pay £10 at the TO for a paper ticket.

Online jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #16387 on: April 9, 2021, 11:11:01 am »

Be interesting to see what they say about the members who had ACS last season because I'm sure members who had ACS last season were going to be guaranteed it again?  Going to have to have a scan on the LFC website as I'm sure I saw it somewhere last year.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16388 on: April 9, 2021, 11:15:26 am »
Yeah, I've passed mine on to non-members before. They just pay £10 at the TO for a paper ticket.

Same here, dont need to be members

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16389 on: April 9, 2021, 11:20:04 am »
Yes mate. They don’t even need to be registered on the clubs database either, Member or not. The club just require name and address details from them.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16390 on: April 9, 2021, 11:22:38 am »
Be interesting to see what they say about the members who had ACS last season because I'm sure members who had ACS last season were going to be guaranteed it again?  Going to have to have a scan on the LFC website as I'm sure I saw it somewhere last year.

That's what I was trying to say mate, I'm sure that was said before...

Online jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #16391 on: April 9, 2021, 11:27:21 am »
That's what I was trying to say mate, I'm sure that was said before...

There's talk about it in the ACS thread, people suggesting (before covid happened) that it was going to be implemented for the 20/21 season, which obviously couldn't happen this season.  I think it might be put on the back burner for now with members who were on the ACS because no one knows if stadiums will be at full capacity for next season or not.  Just hope that when things are back to normal they do it.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16392 on: April 9, 2021, 11:31:25 am »
There's talk about it in the ACS thread, people suggesting (before covid happened) that it was going to be implemented for the 20/21 season, which obviously couldn't happen this season.  I think it might be put on the back burner for now with members who were on the ACS because no one knows if stadiums will be at full capacity for next season or not.  Just hope that when things are back to normal they do it.

That must be where I saw it then... It wouldn't benefit me because I only got the 4CL games for the first time last year by jumping the ladder with hospo for the first game, as it happens it dropped to only needing 1 game from 18/19 anyway, and I had redstar

Had to pick the rest up in the later sales

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #16393 on: April 9, 2021, 05:52:02 pm »

That’d be ok if it was just a handful of times max a season. Loads of reasons why someone might not be able to attend the odd one or two.

Looking forward to next season already. Bring on this new ticket sale website  ;D :o

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16394 on: April 10, 2021, 09:03:31 am »
I completed the fan updates on my families three 13+ cards.  One is now in my daughters name but will be used mostly by my son. Is this going to be possible?? Will there be check on the gates against the tickets??

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16395 on: April 10, 2021, 09:13:12 am »
I completed the fan updates on my families three 13+ cards.  One is now in my daughters name but will be used mostly by my son. Is this going to be possible?? Will there be check on the gates against the tickets??

If there were going to be checks I think you can safely say its been scrapped. Certainly for next season anyway

Offline upthereds95

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16396 on: April 12, 2021, 10:51:54 am »
Club have cancelled my membership now and confirmed that memberships can’t be transferred into a new name. Still dont understand why people with 13 games were allowed to but my mate who used the card for years has lost all his cup game credits now.

By the sounds of the club they must not be doing another fan update for members and if they do I will be fuming as they have cancelled and wiped my membership and not gave me the chance of updating.

I was told that the club under no circumstances would allow a name on a membership to be transferred no explanation to why certain fans were allowed to last year I just got a straight no. The women from the ticket office who was sound and put my case to the main bosses said that management just said no membership transfers regardless if you provide a reason for transfer and proof i was told it simply isnt allowed.

Not sure if what ive been told is true but the women i spoke to seemed lovely and genuine so doubt she is lying, so assuming thats the stance the club will use going forward.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16397 on: April 12, 2021, 11:34:02 am »
Club have cancelled my membership now and confirmed that memberships can’t be transferred into a new name. Still dont understand why people with 13 games were allowed to but my mate who used the card for years has lost all his cup game credits now.

By the sounds of the club they must not be doing another fan update for members and if they do I will be fuming as they have cancelled and wiped my membership and not gave me the chance of updating.

I was told that the club under no circumstances would allow a name on a membership to be transferred no explanation to why certain fans were allowed to last year I just got a straight no. The women from the ticket office who was sound and put my case to the main bosses said that management just said no membership transfers regardless if you provide a reason for transfer and proof i was told it simply isnt allowed.

Not sure if what ive been told is true but the women i spoke to seemed lovely and genuine so doubt she is lying, so assuming thats the stance the club will use going forward.

I don't think you could change a members name in the fan update in November 2019. I think there was only an option to upload ID to match existing name.
I thought the only option to change names was on a season ticket (summer 2020), as there was an amnesty on those.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16398 on: April 12, 2021, 11:41:09 am »
I don't think you could change a members name in the fan update in November 2019. I think there was only an option to upload ID to match existing name.
I thought the only option to change names was on a season ticket (summer 2020), as there was an amnesty on those.

You definitely could change names.

You needed your ID and the ID of the person who's name the card was in.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16399 on: April 12, 2021, 11:42:08 am »
They've completely binned off any fan who wasn't on 13+ before last season.