Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2095092 times)

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #16320 on: April 1, 2021, 03:45:37 pm »
Mate this is the LFC ticket office there's no way they don't fuck things up if they use multiple criteria ;D

Might be a bit extreme to use two different criteria that you only need one of to qualify, but this is a bizarre situation and I can't think of anyone who misses out if we use this. Anyone who reached 13 (or a few less than 13) last year will be covered. Anyone who may have just about reached 13 if the last 4 were played will be given priority if they had attended a high number the previous season (most of those who weren't on 13 but would have reached it would have had a high number the previous season, as tickets for the last few games were very hard to get).
« Last Edit: April 1, 2021, 03:48:07 pm by CornerTakenQuickly »

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #16321 on: April 1, 2021, 03:54:05 pm »
You trust the ticket office to get that right then?

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #16322 on: April 1, 2021, 03:58:41 pm »
You trust the ticket office to get that right then?

;D ;D ;D

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16323 on: April 1, 2021, 04:50:34 pm »
Yeah, let's fuck off the people who actually did attend in favour of the people who didn't but might have

Ridiculous logic

There are people out there that could've attended 11 or 12 games, and had tickets bought already for the last 4 so would've ended on 15/16.

No matter what happens, someone is going to be fucked over. You just think your way is the right way because you would be safe.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #16324 on: April 1, 2021, 04:50:45 pm »
What out of 34 though?
Whatever the minimum requirement would be so they can offer a guarantee of a ticket.

No because then you'll have those who reached 13 last season complaining that they've been punished from the season before because they could only attend, for example, 8 games.

Fair point.

But won't there also be some who "made 13" but then dropped back below with the behind closed doors games as well though? I realise they won't have actually attended the games, but not through the want of going.

You could just do it on last seasons 15 I guess but you'll still have some unhappy people.

Doing two seasons rewards those who went to the most games which is what a credit system is primarily supposed to be about. Those with 13 from 15 would be in a great position to combine with the other season.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #16325 on: April 1, 2021, 04:54:22 pm »
You can definitely see why they are moving away from these all or nothing sales now though based on all this. Can also equally see why people are fraught with worry about being in whatever the guaranteed sale will be as I imagine it will be even harder to make it into it once we are balloting games. Although it will mean a bigger spread of tickets for people under the guaranteed sale, but handfuls each rather than all the tickets or none.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16326 on: April 1, 2021, 04:59:16 pm »
There are people out there that could've attended 11 or 12 games, and had tickets bought already for the last 4 so would've ended on 15/16.

No matter what happens, someone is going to be fucked over. You just think your way is the right way because you would be safe.

No, I think my way is the right way because rewarding people's loyalty for attending games is literally what we have ticket criteria for!

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #16327 on: April 1, 2021, 05:00:23 pm »
Whatever the minimum requirement would be so they can offer a guarantee of a ticket.

Fair point.

But won't there also be some who "made 13" but then dropped back below with the behind closed doors games as well though? I realise they won't have actually attended the games, but not through the want of going.

You could just do it on last seasons 15 I guess but you'll still have some unhappy people.

Doing two seasons rewards those who went to the most games which is what a credit system is primarily supposed to be about. Those with 13 from 15 would be in a great position to combine with the other season.

This still falls under the "whatever they decide someone will be pissed off" category mate. There'll never be a perfect way to do this no matter what the club do.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16328 on: April 1, 2021, 05:06:48 pm »
No, I think my way is the right way because rewarding people's loyalty for attending games is literally what we have ticket criteria for!

Someone went to 19 games every season for 10 years, then 19/20 could only attend 11 of the first 15, but had tickets bought for the final 4 and was going to attend those games.

Someone else bought a membership in 2017, went to 1 game in 17/18, 5 games in 18/19, and 14 of the 15 in 19/20.

Where is the reward for the loyalty of the first person?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16329 on: April 1, 2021, 05:14:04 pm »
Someone went to 19 games every season for 10 years, then 19/20 could only attend 11 of the first 15, but had tickets bought for the final 4 and was going to attend those games.

Someone else bought a membership in 2017, went to 1 game in 17/18, 5 games in 18/19, and 14 of the 15 in 19/20.

Where is the reward for the loyalty of the first person?

With the reduction in uptake of tickets next season due to people not being able to attend due to the circumstances, due to taking the year break or the fact that there are no credits on offer, there should be enough scope to sort out people like the above example on case by case basis

But loyalty for league games has always been based off the previous season, and you will never convince me that 4 games is enough to stop doing that

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #16330 on: April 1, 2021, 05:16:12 pm »
Yeah to be honest people should be able to go next season. 2022/2023 is the powder keg!

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16331 on: April 1, 2021, 05:16:17 pm »
You can definitely see why they are moving away from these all or nothing sales now though based on all this. Can also equally see why people are fraught with worry about being in whatever the guaranteed sale will be as I imagine it will be even harder to make it into it once we are balloting games. Although it will mean a bigger spread of tickets for people under the guaranteed sale, but handfuls each rather than all the tickets or none.

I'd forgotten all about this 'ballot' thing that was being talked about! Really hope they don't go down that route.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16332 on: April 1, 2021, 05:16:40 pm »
Using 18/19 but dropping the guaranteed number to 12 would also suit me. But I wouldnt support that either

So people can stop assuming theres a self agenda. I just dont think you can pretend 15 attended games never happened

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #16333 on: April 1, 2021, 05:17:43 pm »
I'd forgotten all about this 'ballot' thing that was being talked about! Really hope they don't go down that route.

Yeah, I think getting to 13 for me will look nigh on impossible for the future which is why I'll probably look to just do the cups, away games and watch non league on the weekend we are at home.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #16334 on: April 1, 2021, 05:20:29 pm »
This still falls under the "whatever they decide someone will be pissed off" category mate. There'll never be a perfect way to do this no matter what the club do.
Yeah I'm not suggesting it isn't.

But I personally think it would be harder to argue against attendance over a longer period of time and a higher amount of games required. The people getting boxed off would have done the most number of games. And that is after all the point of a credit system, they'd just be applying it differently in this circumstance. Which is a pretty big circumstance. But who knows.

They could alternatively just deal with all 19 as if you would have attended and include the people who bought the 4 but didn't get the chance to go, but there would be complaints over that as they never actually needed to attend the final games. But let's face it, short of returning the tickets to the club, they'd likely have got them as credits whether they went or not. As you say, there won't be a perfect solution.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2021, 05:23:27 pm by Hij »

Online stefbs

• Main Stander
« Reply #16335 on: April 1, 2021, 05:33:22 pm »
With a bit of luck and lot of effort I finally managed to get 14 credits out of 15 for my son last year. They always looked at the previous season. They only missed 4 games ffs, 15 games should be enough for the criteria for next season

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #16336 on: April 1, 2021, 06:22:18 pm »
Reading the statement it sounds like cups will be sound so that'll do me, just have to qualify for the Champions League now, although aways in Europe might be easier if we are in one of the other 2 competitions

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16337 on: April 1, 2021, 08:37:16 pm »
What are other clubs doing anyone know?

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #16338 on: April 1, 2021, 09:25:20 pm »
It’s good to see the club introducing some logical changes especially in relation to the auto cup scheme criteria.

Some of the changes I’d like to see from next season but will probably never happen

1. If the club have finally come to their senses and realised that having a ST doesn’t automatically enrol you into every cup competition then they should be going a step further by making them pick a seat at the start of the season like us members do
2. In the cup competitions STH definitely shouldn’t be getting first pick of the remaining seats
3. How can STH still be picking 6 friends/family. Those friends and family might have attended less games than a member, how is that fair? Plus do friends/family need to be a member? If a STH can’t go they should return the ticket for that fixture back to the club to re-sell
4. Members should have the option to return tickets like STH. Members to receive a full refund but lose the credit. Not all members are bothered about building credits.

Offline tbonejones

• Dr. Doolittle
  • Legacy Fan
  • We'll be coming down the road...
« Reply #16339 on: April 1, 2021, 11:17:26 pm »
Folks, a question (sorry if it's already been discussed but couldn't find anything):

I think I read something from the club, before this season started, in regards to past credits still being on your history for next season IF you renewed 'at some point' during the 2020-21 season. Was this put to bed in the end or am I at risk of losing my past history because I haven't bought a membership this season?

I haven't bought one because I anticipated not being able to attend a single match this season.
Journo: ''So, let me get this right, train, coach, train, plane.''
Rafa: ''No, coach first because we will not be walking to the train station.''

Don't Buy The Sun - www.dontbuythesun.co.uk

It was poodle. She was rocking a fucking poodle to sleep.

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #16340 on: April 2, 2021, 07:51:25 am »
I’m confused by the creditless season to be honest.

Because for 22/23 they’re going to have to use credits (whether it be 18/19 or 19/20), so why not just use the criteria now for 21/22. 

Why are they waiting a year?

At least the cup season isn’t effected, and is credited, so can get on ACS using 19/20s credits. So for 22/23, they’ll just use 21/22. Etc 

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16341 on: April 2, 2021, 08:13:30 am »

Because for 22/23 they’re going to have to use credits (whether it be 18/19 or 19/20), so why not just use the criteria now for 21/22. 

At least the cup season isn’t effected, and is credited, so can get on ACS using 19/20s credits. So for 22/23, they’ll just use 21/22. Etc

Because next year could well be effected by covid too, the club cannot guarantee that they will be allowed to have full capacity for the entire season.

There may well be local lockdowns/social distancing in place for years to come.  Therefore it would be unfair to count the credits next season when it could be out of our hands if we can attend and then you have those who maybe be shielding now and will not feel comfortable going next season.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #16342 on: April 2, 2021, 09:36:08 am »

Cup game are the same PL, it says no credits carried forward to 22/23.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16343 on: April 2, 2021, 12:16:41 pm »

They could count the credits that were sold for the entire season albeit 4 games were refunded. Let's be honest , that appeases the vast majority and the only people who could argue they were losing out is those who were looking to pick up returns? There would have been fuck all returns too given the circumstances of us being crowned champions.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #16344 on: April 2, 2021, 01:03:09 pm »
you don't need signal, it is on your phone, no need for signal at all
What if you don't have a smart phone ? It doesn't affect me - but, I'd likely guess there's a fair few older ST holders who haven't got one......think I read in another thread that something like 50% of over 65's don't own a smart phone.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16345 on: April 2, 2021, 01:15:16 pm »
It’s good to see the club introducing some logical changes especially in relation to the auto cup scheme criteria.

Some of the changes I’d like to see from next season but will probably never happen

1. If the club have finally come to their senses and realised that having a ST doesn’t automatically enrol you into every cup competition then they should be going a step further by making them pick a seat at the start of the season like us members do
2. In the cup competitions STH definitely shouldn’t be getting first pick of the remaining seats
3. How can STH still be picking 6 friends/family. Those friends and family might have attended less games than a member, how is that fair? Plus do friends/family need to be a member? If a STH can’t go they should return the ticket for that fixture back to the club to re-sell
4. Members should have the option to return tickets like STH. Members to receive a full refund but lose the credit. Not all members are bothered about building credits.

1) They already made that announcement last year, was the last chance of them jumping onto ACS
2) Now that the highlighted point in number 1 has changed, I'd expect it to be equal going forward so they're treated the same
3) This has been rumored for years, I would expect they'd need to be named before the season starts and cannot change throughout. May cap the number of times you can pass on (in seasons where credits count) and the rules should be extended to members on full credit, but again put a cap in of say 3 times a year (currently is 3 for phoning the ticket office, but no written rule on that number)
4) Members will have the option for a credit-less season in 2021/22, and receive a full refund if they do not attend. Members have always had the option to cancel tickets they bought, lose the credit and receive a refund... Nothing new here...

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #16346 on: April 2, 2021, 08:59:23 pm »
They could count the credits that were sold for the entire season albeit 4 games were refunded. Let's be honest , that appeases the vast majority and the only people who could argue they were losing out is those who were looking to pick up returns? There would have been fuck all returns too given the circumstances of us being crowned champions.
Yeah I considered this as an alternative and I reckon that might be the best? Plus everyone who busted gut and made 13 that season would be rewarded (presuming it wouldn't have risen to 14 etc).

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #16347 on: April 2, 2021, 09:46:56 pm »
Could've said that for the whole season mate, picked up all 12 of mine on returns, definitely would've got one of the last four too. I only tried for those 12 games as was out of the country for the other 3. That Burnley home lunchtime kick off would've been an easy one

Offline redman1974

• Legacy Fan
  • scottkop105 on twitter My new number 07511165355
« Reply #16348 on: April 3, 2021, 07:25:49 am »
My friend is a ST holder but due to circumstances he won't be able to go many games next season but he does not want to take the year break with it. Instead he wants his friend to use it for the season but I've told him im not sure the club will allow this for every game. Anyone have any idea how many games the club will allow him to do this via the new friends and family thing sent to your smart phone

Offline 77kop05

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16349 on: April 3, 2021, 07:54:38 am »
My friend is a ST holder but due to circumstances he won't be able to go many games next season but he does not want to take the year break with it. Instead he wants his friend to use it for the season but I've told him im not sure the club will allow this for every game. Anyone have any idea how many games the club will allow him to do this via the new friends and family thing sent to your smart phone

It's only 3 at the moment I think ? Might be a bit more lenient with the current circumstances though.

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #16350 on: April 3, 2021, 08:17:22 am »

https://faq.liverpoolfc.com/portal/en/kb/articles/tkt-if-i-choose-to-purchase-my-season-ticket-but-don-t-want-to-attend-yet-could-i-nominate-someone-else-to-go-in-my-place-1-4-2021

Looks like it's something they're considering
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16351 on: April 3, 2021, 10:27:01 am »

1. Hope the club do something official. (see that other link).
2. Take the holiday for a year knowing all is good to continue after.
3. Do what happens to 1000s of other season tickets - be handed around people. Only this option carries a risk, and he gets zero benefit.

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #16352 on: April 4, 2021, 08:50:30 pm »
Hopefully the combination of Covid + us not winning every game this season will put off the glory hunters and calm down the credit criteria.

For all the worries old Hodgson gave us it sure did make tickets a lot easier to come by

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #16353 on: April 6, 2021, 12:17:51 pm »
Hopefully the combination of Covid + us not winning every game this season will put off the glory hunters and calm down the credit criteria.

For all the worries old Hodgson gave us it sure did make tickets a lot easier to come by

Are they including aways in the no credit category. Would love to go away to a few games. I last went when Fulham, Blackburn & Wigan where in the Prem,

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16354 on: April 6, 2021, 12:36:46 pm »
Are they including aways in the no credit category. Would love to go away to a few games. I last went when Fulham, Blackburn & Wigan where in the Prem,

Yes, but you will still require past credit to purchase in the first place

I would imagine most aways would still sell out prior to dropping

A few like Leicester and Southampton might drop to All Season Ticket Holders

Offline matchoftheday

• Kopite
  • Dog
« Reply #16355 on: April 6, 2021, 08:19:31 pm »
are the renewal emails sent to us yet?

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #16356 on: April 6, 2021, 10:18:07 pm »
Not got one here, looks like ST renewals are being done atm though so maybe soon.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16357 on: April 7, 2021, 04:40:31 pm »
Interesting article about the auto cup renewals....

From what was previously said, it sounded to me like if you were in auto cup the previous season, you'd be guaranteed it the next season if you wanted in.... and it would be the same for ST holders they couldn't just jump on the ladder from 0

It sounds like it's actually something in the middle.

This suggests its going to be the same process as before for members (bun fight if you recorded all the games) but ST holders can only register for Autocup if they recorded all the games last season
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/seasonticketrenewals/auto-cup-scheme

« Last Edit: April 7, 2021, 04:45:11 pm by 30fiver »

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #16358 on: April 7, 2021, 04:41:56 pm »
Interesting article about the auto cup renewals....

From what was previously said, it sounded to me like if you were in auto cup the previous season, you'd be guaranteed it the next season if you wanted in.... and it would be the same for ST holders they couldn't just jump on the ladder from 0

It sounds like it's actually something in the middle.

This suggests its going to be the same process as before for members (bum fight if you recorded all the games) but ST holders can only register for Autocup if they recorded all the games last season
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/seasonticketrenewals/auto-cup-scheme

I don't mind a bun fight but not sure I fancy a bum fight  :o ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16359 on: April 7, 2021, 04:44:49 pm »
I don't mind a bun fight but not sure I fancy a bum fight  :o ;D

Hahahaha slip of the finger  ;D :butt