Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 3 vs 0 Leicester Evans OG 21' Jota 41’ Bobby 86’  (Read 30318 times)

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Re: PL: Liverpool 3 vs 0 Leicester Evans OG 21' Jota 41’ Bobby 86’
« Reply #520 on: November 23, 2020, 10:32:37 pm »
I love Jurgen and he has made his point loud and clear. The players need protection but.....

He now needs to move on. This may end up sending negative energy to the players long-term.

Move on Boss.
Only one person needs to move on, and it’s not Jurgen
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #521 on: November 23, 2020, 10:43:48 pm »
Hopefully a few other managers will also be vocal and ramp up the pressure. If the boss is the only one bringing it to light, he will get labelled a moaner (happened already) and nothing will get done. We need Fatty Frank, Ole, Mourinho, Cardi P, and several others to keep talking about it. I know a couple have mentioned it once or twice, but now is the ideal time to build momentum now that Klopp has brought it forward in this fashion.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #522 on: November 23, 2020, 10:46:20 pm »
Hopefully a few other managers will also be vocal and ramp up the pressure. If the boss is the only one bringing it to light, he will get labelled a moaner (happened already) and nothing will get done. We need Fatty Frank, Ole, Mourinho, Cardi P, and several others to keep talking about it. I know a couple have mentioned it once or twice, but now is the ideal time to build momentum now that Klopp has brought it forward in this fashion.

Guardiola and Solksjaer have been going on about it as well

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #523 on: November 23, 2020, 10:47:41 pm »
I love Jurgen and he has made his point loud and clear. The players need protection but.....

He now needs to move on. This may end up sending negative energy to the players long-term.

Move on Boss.

you have read the room so poorly here it’s quite amazing.

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #524 on: November 23, 2020, 10:59:12 pm »

Nope- I write exactly how I see things. It doesn’t matter what the mood in the room is.

You have read me pretty poorly

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #525 on: November 23, 2020, 11:02:37 pm »

I'm not sure he's even in the right house.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #526 on: November 23, 2020, 11:03:46 pm »
Nope- I write exactly how I see things. It doesn’t matter what the mood in the room is.

Excuse me for butting in. You don't think the manager has a good point?
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline Sinyoro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: November 23, 2020, 11:09:42 pm »
Excuse me for butting in. You don't think the manager has a good point?

He has

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #528 on: November 23, 2020, 11:18:29 pm »
He has
You're actually scared that Jurgen Klopp might impart negative energy to his players? Jurgen Klopp??? The man about whom the OED stipulates that the word 'negative' cannot be applied and still remain correct English usage?

Hmmm

Isn't it actually the case (because it usually is) that you're feeling bothered about what your mates or other fans might be saying, and so want the boss to dial it down to save your blushes?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: November 23, 2020, 11:18:52 pm »

To double down on what you said is even worse.   

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: November 23, 2020, 11:32:36 pm »

yes like the time you said Mane needs to be sold if he doesn't sign a contract immediately when offered, and that he was erratic and the most replaceable out of the front 3.  ;D

You may want to check your vision before calling it how you see it

Offline Sinyoro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #531 on: November 23, 2020, 11:37:11 pm »
To double down on what you said is even worse.

Worse to who?

Not me- I have my own opinions and i am not particularly bothered if anyone disagrees

Offline Sinyoro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: November 23, 2020, 11:42:05 pm »
yes like the time you said Mane needs to be sold if he doesn't sign a contract immediately when offered, and that he was erratic and the most replaceable out of the front 3.  ;D

You may want to check your vision before calling it how you see it

Opinions can be wrong- so what?

Have you never been wrong with your views?

FYI- I am not afraid of getting things wrong

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #533 on: November 23, 2020, 11:46:48 pm »
Not me- I have my own opinions and i am not particularly bothered if anyone disagrees
That's lucky

That's lucky

:-*
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: November 23, 2020, 11:47:03 pm »
Worse to who?

Move on and I have my own opinions  ;D

Having your own opinions is fine, it’s, the need to share them that’s the issue.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #535 on: November 24, 2020, 12:00:04 am »

Move on Boss.
Although I don't want to pile on, I still feel compelled to disagree with you here.

There are a lot of things wrong with football, and society itself for that matter, and sometimes people need to stand their ground for what's right.

I notice a lot how in so many instances people have their concerns shut down by being told they "need to move on." The thing is, if people do just that, nothing ever changes for the better. Too many people have a vested interest in keeping things as they are, and calling others moaners because they raise legitimate concerns is just a way of shutting them up in order to preserve the status quo.

Klopp is 100% correct, and his concerns are not for himself or just his own players, they are for the good of all clubs and players and for the game itself. Basically, professional footballers are being treated like machines and run into the ground in order for TV companies to make money. Just 'moving on' solves absolutely nothing.

For me, when things are wrong, you call it out. Many will want you to "shut up, stop moaning and move on" but I believe that if the cause is just, you stick with it. Otherwise, those who are taking liberties simply carry on getting away with it and dismiss your concerns by suggesting you just need to move on. For me, you move on once your concerns have been addressed.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Sinyoro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #536 on: November 24, 2020, 12:02:20 am »
Move on and I have my own opinions  ;D

Having your own opinions is fine, it’s, the need to share them that’s the issue.

What are you even on about😀?

Why is it an issue to share my opinions 😳?

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #537 on: November 24, 2020, 12:10:04 am »

Don't worry about the issues, it's time to move on.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Sinyoro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: November 24, 2020, 12:13:25 am »
Although I don't want to pile on, I still feel compelled to disagree with you here.

There are a lot of things wrong with football, and society itself for that matter, and sometimes people need to stand their ground for what's right.

I notice a lot how in so many instances people have their concerns shut down by being told they "need to move on." The thing is, if people do just that, nothing ever changes for the better. Too many people have a vested interest in keeping things as they are, and calling others moaners because they raise legitimate concerns is just a way of shutting them up in order to preserve the status quo.

Klopp is 100% correct, and his concerns are not for himself or just his own players, they are for the good of all clubs and players and for the game itself. Basically, professional footballers are being treated like machines and run into the ground in order for TV companies to make money. Just 'moving on' solves absolutely nothing.

For me, when things are wrong, you call it out. Many will want you to "shut up, stop moaning and move on" but I believe that if the cause is just, you stick with it. Otherwise, those who are taking liberties simply carry on getting away with it and dismiss your concerns by suggesting you just need to move on. For me, you move on once your concerns have been addressed.

Much respect for a civilised rebuttal of my views.

Hopefully a few people on here can learn how to engage in such a decent manner.

I think he has made his point but of course opinions differ so we can agree to differ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #539 on: November 24, 2020, 12:17:52 am »
Opinions can be wrong- so what?

Have you never been wrong with your views?

That's exactly my point. Like then, your opinion on this, is nonsense  :D

Offline Sinyoro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: November 24, 2020, 12:24:06 am »
That's exactly my point. Like then, your opinion on this, is nonsense  :D

You don’t use emotive words in a debate- it exposes you

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: November 24, 2020, 12:37:31 am »
You don’t use emotive words in a debate- it exposes you

Tell me what words did you use when you were debating Mane and his effectiveness, surely they weren't emotive words given that it was a nonsense opinion?  ;D

Having an opinion itself isn't necessarily the problem. Everyone has an opinion on everything. There's plenty of people who believe the world isn't round, that Trump won this recent election , among various other things. They have the right to those opinions but that doesn't mean that those opinions are correct or have validity just because they have that said right.

Given that Klopp is the ultimate player manager, probably the best man manager in the last 20 years, given that his players are always his priority. It would be safe to assume that he knows his players very well, and that he absolutely knows their mental strengths and weaknesses, and whether or not they can handle certain aspects of pressure or whatever other obstacles my arise. Given that, when taking that particular aspect into consideration, it's absolutely baffling why anyone would suggest that his fight for his players would effect them negatively. Again given the fact that he has the best relationship with them, given that he fights for them, and that this particular matter is all about their well being.

So in summary he's in the absolute best position to judge whether or not he should say something. In addition to that, this group of players have proven on numerous occasions how strong they are mentally. This particular issue isn't going to impact them negatively based on everything that we know.

Everyone gets things wrong in terms of opinions. Happens to the best of us. You just happen to get it wrong on things that most people have the right opinion or view about.  :D

« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:39:48 am by deFacto please, you bastards »

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: November 24, 2020, 12:43:49 am »
Worse to who?

oh opinions are fine.

'Move on Boss’ isn’t an opinion. It’s an arrogant, presumptuous comment aimed at the best coach in Europe.

Anyway, not going to argue more about it, you clearly have some odd opinions reading some of your other posts. Not worth engaging with on this one anymore.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #543 on: November 24, 2020, 01:30:54 am »
Much respect for a civilised rebuttal of my views.

Hopefully a few people on here can learn how to engage in such a decent manner.

I think he has made his point but of course opinions differ so we can agree to differ
I can certainly see your take on it despite seeing it differently myself.

I don't think there is a right or wrong that's set in stone on this one. Just opinions, and they will always differ. No problems with agreeing to differ, mate.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #544 on: November 24, 2020, 02:50:02 am »
Interesting to see Leicester fans' thoughts on the game.

Ignore the first post, and there's obviously some nonsense on there, it's a football forum, but overall it's clear that on the whole they recognise just how good we are under Klopp.

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/124139-liverpool-a-post-match-thread/
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: November 24, 2020, 04:11:37 am »
We are as good with Jota in the attack, as we are with Mo Salah.

His movement is better, by the looks of it. Can he maintain this form for a whole season?

Anyway, "Front 4" now.

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #546 on: November 24, 2020, 07:22:48 am »
... Given that Klopp is the ultimate player manager ...
I know we've got some long term injuries at the back, but I'm not sure we're able to call Klopp a player manager until he selects himself for a game.

I know everyone is obsessed with him being compared to King Kenny, but this is really pushing it now.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #547 on: November 24, 2020, 07:43:12 am »

That book needs pulping
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: November 24, 2020, 08:01:08 am »

Well seeing as you asked.....
“Move on” and “I have my own opinions”. The first can be quite insidious, it’s often used by people wanting to shut down scrutiny. For example Johnson decided we should all move on from the Cummings fiasco.

Given his track record, and his reason for commenting, why should Klopp move on from this when there’s no conclusion in sight? Him bringing this up is pretty unlikely to give the players an excuse, given what we’ve seen from them in recent years.

I have my opinions or I’m entitled to my opinion is usually the last resort of someone trying to justify a pretty daft one. Which leads me to the point about sharing those opinions.

As I said previously, and as others have said people do have the right to their opinions however half baked they may be, but the issue is inflicting them on other people!

There’s so many intelligent people on here that share their expertise and insight, and it makes for what is on the whole a great site. Occasionally though the odd poster comes out with some utter shite, and clearly shows a lack of thought / understanding about the issue at hand, and your “move on” post fell into this category.

If one person replies having a go, it could be someone just looking to be argumentative, but a good rule of thumb is that when it’s a fair few people, it’s usually the original post that’s off the mark.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: November 24, 2020, 07:15:10 pm »
Interesting to see Leicester fans' thoughts on the game.

Ignore the first post, and there's obviously some nonsense on there, it's a football forum, but overall it's clear that on the whole they recognise just how good we are under Klopp.

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/124139-liverpool-a-post-match-thread/

Good reaad that, a pretty balanced forum on the whole.

The thing is, this is a really difficult fixture for Leicester, if they play expansive football against us we'll batter them as in the 4-0 last year and if they sit in like they did on Sunday we'll also batter them with precise football or even just score headed goals from crosses. Playing on the break works for them against the likes of City, but it doesn't work against us. Even in the 2-1 last year at Anfield we should really have been out of sight by at least 3 goals, somehow that was portrayed as close and that they were unlucky.

I like Brendan, I thought he gave our club a much needed modernisation and some of the football we played was fantastic, scoring over a hundred goals whilst making us contenders from nowhere. However we also conceded 50 goals over 38 games and its very difficult to be consistent whilst there are such defensive issues. I'm not sure Brendan so far has found the answer of how to play attacking football whilst balancing that with a good defence. I think he has some really good players at his disposal though, is that down to him or the Leicester recruitment?   
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #550 on: November 24, 2020, 07:29:34 pm »
The view from my Arkles Road flat after Sunday's match....

The Lifeblood

Through my open window, noise seeps in.
Anfield's lights shine after a Liverpool win.
The traffic is sparse, a few indicators blink.
The pubs are empty, no after match drink.

In Stanley Park car park, the cars pull away.
But not much traffic, like a usual match day.
No badges or scarves to be sold on a stall.
It's like a footy match never happened at all.

No football special buses, waiting in a row.
No away fans being shown which way to go.
The chippies are all closed, no pies for sale.
All over the country, the same old sorry tale.

Around Anfield tonight, it's all quiet and still
No vibrancy, no excitement, just a cold chill.
Football behind closed doors, it's not for me.
As fans are the lifeblood...and will always be.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: November 24, 2020, 08:11:34 pm »
^ yea Mike - chilling.
Soon though I pray we’ll be back