Author Topic: Holidays 2023 - What's your plans?  (Read 43233 times)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Holidays 2023 - What's your plans?
« on: October 23, 2022, 05:07:34 pm »
Didn't see one for the upcoming year.

Been looking at Oman for March 2023. Need a break just for sun and relaxation (wherever we go it'll be first trip abroad since lockdowns).

Anyone been?

You planned ahead for next year?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 05:12:39 pm by The G in Gerrard »

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Holidays 2023 - What's your plans?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2022, 05:23:56 pm »
Oy you, I start these threads 😉

Never been to Oman so can't give any info.

Our plans are Tenerife in Feb, back to Crete end of May and we were doing Orlando next October but with the pound tanking we've cancelled that. Been twice with the kids, so not arsed about not going. We were thinking we'd come back to Turkey, the place we are in now is lovely but bored of all inclusive and there's no local places to walk to, so we are looking at going back to Cyprus instead. The kids loved the water park, so that's a big plus point
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2022, 05:29:54 pm »
I'd sooner go to Rhyl for a month than anywhere in that oppressive part of the world and Oman does love a good old slave,oops sorry I mean domestic "worker".

It's a shame because I see the attraction of the land,just hate the people who own it all.

Mrs says we're off to her sisters near Lisbon so I guess we're off to Portugal.

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2022, 05:37:53 pm »
Oy you, I start these threads 😉

Never been to Oman so can't give any info.

Our plans are Tenerife in Feb, back to Crete end of May and we were doing Orlando next October but with the pound tanking we've cancelled that. Been twice with the kids, so not arsed about not going. We were thinking we'd come back to Turkey, the place we are in now is lovely but bored of all inclusive and there's no local places to walk to, so we are looking at going back to Cyprus instead. The kids loved the water park, so that's a big plus point
I did think about waiting for you ;D

You concerned about the vaccination status of individuals by then or will that not be an issue by then?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2022, 05:39:01 pm »
I'd sooner go to Rhyl for a month than anywhere in that oppressive part of the world and Oman does love a good old slave,oops sorry I mean domestic "worker".

It's a shame because I see the attraction of the land,just hate the people who own it all.
Mrs wanted to go there before lockdown and she's had a tough few months so treating her.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2022, 05:44:01 pm »
Mrs Spion has booked the Maldives for us in March. First and probably only time there, but I'm looking forward to snorkelling and relaxing in my hammock.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2022, 05:51:03 pm »
Mrs Spion has booked the Maldives for us in March. First and probably only time there, but I'm looking forward to snorkelling and relaxing in my hammock.
Maldives is one of the best places I've ever been! Enjoy! I loved it although we went in September.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2022, 06:08:37 pm »
Maldives is one of the best places I've ever been! Enjoy! I loved it although we went in September.
Thanks. It's for my birthday, but that's in November when the weather is potentially rainy there, hence the March booking. It gives me some spare tyre removal time too.  :-[

It looks absolutely amazing there. Just the kind of thing we like. Beautiful to look at, fantastic snorkelling, peaceful and relaxing. Mrs S. is looking to swim with whale sharks, and it's one of the best places to do it.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2022, 06:09:43 pm »
Mrs wanted to go there before lockdown and she's had a tough few months so treating her.

I know that pressure mate & I almost relented once  ;D

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2022, 06:09:50 pm »
Going to Barbados in April for our honeymoon for 9 nights.

Got back from Venice last week. Stayed 3 nights and it was probably one of the best trips I've ever been on. Stunning to look at, friendly people and excellent food and drink. Was surprised how reasonable prices were - we stayed a bit out of the centre pints were 4 euros, wine about 6 euros a glass. Even Meals at night weren't more expensive than you pay here.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2022, 06:26:25 pm »
Thanks. It's for my birthday, but that's in November when the weather is potentially rainy there, hence the March booking. It gives me some spare tyre removal time too.  :-[

It looks absolutely amazing there. Just the kind of thing we like. Beautiful to look at, fantastic snorkelling, peaceful and relaxing. Mrs S. is looking to swim with whale sharks, and it's one of the best places to do it.
Sure is :)

I know that pressure mate & I almost relented once  ;D
;D Mrs has had tough time with IVF treatment so this is least I could do.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2022, 06:30:26 pm »

;D Mrs has had tough time with IVF treatment so this is least I could do.

I'd say so.

Like I said,it's a beautiful part of the world.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2022, 06:36:52 pm »
Going to Barbados in April for our honeymoon for 9 nights.

Got back from Venice last week. Stayed 3 nights and it was probably one of the best trips I've ever been on. Stunning to look at, friendly people and excellent food and drink. Was surprised how reasonable prices were - we stayed a bit out of the centre pints were 4 euros, wine about 6 euros a glass. Even Meals at night weren't more expensive than you pay here.
We went to Barbados a few years ago and loved it. Snorkelling with turtles over shipwrecks was amazing.

Enjoy your honeymoon.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2022, 06:43:25 pm »
I did think about waiting for you ;D

You concerned about the vaccination status of individuals by then or will that not be an issue by then?

Do you mean the States? Don't even consider vaccination status to be honest, it's the $2000 it's likely to cost just to do two parks, its gone horrendous with the pound being almost level with the dollar and the park tickets look to have gone up massively too, also been told recently car hire is astronomical, just not worth it anymore, we can do 3 European holidays for the cost of the trip
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2022, 06:50:40 pm »

I'd say so.

Like I said,it's a beautiful part of the world.
Seen pictures which suggest it is for sure ;D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2022, 06:51:31 pm »
Do you mean the States? Don't even consider vaccination status to be honest, it's the $2000 it's likely to cost just to do two parks, its gone horrendous with the pound being almost level with the dollar and the park tickets look to have gone up massively too, also been told recently car hire is astronomical, just not worth it anymore, we can do 3 European holidays for the cost of the trip
No just in general mate. Will we still be required to show vaccination status at various points next year? Don't know how it is at the moment.

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2022, 07:09:40 pm »
We went to Barbados a few years ago and loved it. Snorkelling with turtles over shipwrecks was amazing.

Enjoy your honeymoon.

Cheers - we got a pretty decent deal for 9 nights, just over 2 and a half grand each all inclusive.

Online Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2022, 07:23:51 pm »
Cape Verde in June. Few people getting sick there at the minute after massive rains and the flies/mozzies that follow them so the FB pages for the islands are full of people moaning so a bit annoying currently 🙄 went to Kos last month to a amazing hotel but you even had people moaning about shit on there as well, in fact every holiday you seem to get the Karen's out about some issue or other and we never seem to have the same problems so I take most with a pinch of salt to be honest. Bring it on 😎😎😎☀️☀️☀️

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2022, 07:32:01 pm »
Cape Verde in June. Few people getting sick there at the minute after massive rains and the flies/mozzies that follow them so the FB pages for the islands are full of people moaning so a bit annoying currently 🙄 went to Kos last month to a amazing hotel but you even had people moaning about shit on there as well, in fact every holiday you seem to get the Karen's out about some issue or other and we never seem to have the same problems so I take most with a pinch of salt to be honest. Bring it on 😎😎😎☀️☀️☀️

It's like anything on TripAdvisor. I was researching restaurants last week in Venice and a lot had the majority good reviews then there's always the odd 'this place is terrible. The waiter shat on our table and threw soup in our faces. Avoid.' Either that person was a nob to begin with or they're fake a lot of the time IMO.

Offline Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2022, 07:35:36 pm »
Unsure on the details at the moment but we're looking at doing a US road trip. Both managed to to get permission for unpaid leave next year so we could do 3 to 4 weeks as it'll be for our honeymoon. Then the pound tanks and the estimated price shoots up a few grand.

Original plan was to start in Denver, drive to Moab and up to Yellowstone and return to Denver, looked at adding Glacier NP or Banff with a flight in but seems too much now. However with the new Liverpool flights to Reykjavik could add that in instead as a layover, but they've only released a few months of flights there.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2022, 07:40:42 pm »
It's like anything on TripAdvisor. I was researching restaurants last week in Venice and a lot had the majority good reviews then there's always the odd 'this place is terrible. The waiter shat on our table and threw soup in our faces. Avoid.' Either that person was a nob to begin with or they're fake a lot of the time IMO.

Some folks would pay extra for that.

Online Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2022, 08:50:17 pm »
Some people are never happy unless they have something to moan about mate, my mum had a friend that used to complain about her meal every single time they went out just so she could get it for free, usually after she'd eaten 3 quarters of it as well. Knob and a fake that one.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2022, 09:47:51 pm »
Some people are never happy unless they have something to moan about mate, my mum had a friend that used to complain about her meal every single time they went out just so she could get it for free, usually after she'd eaten 3 quarters of it as well. Knob and a fake that one.
One for the mingebag thread. Hope one day she tries it and they tell her to fuck off.

No holidays for me next year as we might be having a new addition to the family. Might try and make it to Sharm El Sheikh in December if everything goes well.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2022, 11:17:31 pm »
Setting off for two days in St Anne’s on Sea tomorrow.

We were booked to go to the South of France in September but had to ditch it as I was hospitalised with post Covid atrial fibrillation.

So the Lancashire Riviera it is.

Online .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2022, 03:25:28 pm »
Not really put anything together yet but have thought about a trip to see the mountain gorillas in Uganda and then heading on to Kenya, maybe finishing with a bit of time on the coast.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2022, 04:22:10 pm »
Bottom of the garden for us again. 

When you don't work and live in a beautiful place, with peace and quiet all around you there's no need to go away.

We might go to my sister's for a couple of days and a change of scene but only if her crazy neighbour and her 3 uncontrollable staffy dogs have moved out.

Online .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2022, 09:08:02 am »
When you don't work and live in a beautiful place, with peace and quiet all around you there's no need to go away.

99% sure I've seen multiple posts from you talking about your plants being destroyed due to high winds :D

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2022, 12:11:30 pm »
99% sure I've seen multiple posts from you talking about your plants being destroyed due to high winds :D

Her favourite past time is kite flying

Online AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2022, 12:39:25 pm »
Looked at Reykjavik on the back of the new flights from Liverpool, was nearly booking it but spoke to a lad who went last year and said the price of a beer was through the roof, plus you only get a couple of hours daylight tops in January (when I wanted to go).

I'm in a lucky situation at the minute with some unexpected money meaning I can pretty much go where I want, but I don't want to waste it.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Online .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2022, 02:05:27 pm »
Looked at Reykjavik on the back of the new flights from Liverpool, was nearly booking it but spoke to a lad who went last year and said the price of a beer was through the roof, plus you only get a couple of hours daylight tops in January (when I wanted to go).

I'm in a lucky situation at the minute with some unexpected money meaning I can pretty much go where I want, but I don't want to waste it.

Few friends of mine have been to Iceland. The first one gave me a good tip which I've passed on to others - take booze with you.

Mate went last month and took a couple of bottles of spirits in his baggage. Got merry before he went out for dinner and then sipped soft drinks when out.

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2022, 02:12:14 pm »
Anyone been to Finland? Tampere, Pori and Jyväskylä to be precise?

Offline CaseRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2022, 04:49:24 pm »
Sharm El Sheikh in May with wife and kids for sun, sea and scuba diving! Hoping to get sign off from my wife to do my open water advanced course then dive the SS Thistlegorm!

Then Marseille in early September for the rugby world cup. England vs Argentina on Saturday followed by Scotland against South Africa on Sunday. Eurostar to Paris then the TGV all the way down.

Offline Lfc19ynwa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2022, 07:04:17 am »

I don’t work and I live in a beautiful place but I still like to get away, I’m off to Palermo for 5 days early January & then at the end of January I’m off to Thailand for 3 weeks

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2022, 07:58:35 am »

I do and they have but it's still a beautiful place to live ☺️

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2022, 08:00:41 am »
I don’t work and I live in a beautiful place but I still like to get away, I’m off to Palermo for 5 days early January & then at the end of January I’m off to Thailand for 3 weeks

Neither of us like the heat or too much sun so going abroad would be a waste of time as we'd be inside all day.

Offline Mr Grieves

• at losing other mr, ending years of Broken Wings encores.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2022, 10:52:29 am »
Anyone been to Finland? Tampere, Pori and Jyväskylä to be precise?

Used to visit Finland a lot and Tampere in particular.  If you are into the great outdoors than I’d recommend a long weekend.

A lot of Finn’s have summerhouses situates around the lakes, beautiful place for a bit of relaxation.

Beer is relatively expensive but the food is great. Generalisation but the people are sound too.

, not sure when you’d be thinking of going but summertime is quite surreal when there is no darkness.
Put the ball in the goddamn basket chief

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2022, 07:51:20 pm »
Gran Canaria in March, Gran Canaria in May and Gran Canaria in September so far. Looking for somewhere to book for December. Gran Canaria is a possibility.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2022, 10:27:22 pm »
Gran Canaria in March, Gran Canaria in May and Gran Canaria in September so far. Looking for somewhere to book for December. Gran Canaria is a possibility.

Have you considered Gran Canaria?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2022, 10:46:35 pm »

I’m going in April. Should I tell people I know you?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2022, 11:06:16 pm »

Doesn't care,makes the sister do all the hard graft. ;D