Author Topic: What games are you playing at the moment?  (Read 208760 times)

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
Re: What games are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #3000 on: March 8, 2023, 05:35:35 pm »
War Thunder, specifically air simulation battles in VR with HOTAS ;D
:D

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3001 on: March 9, 2023, 03:50:44 pm »
Almost five continuous months of PES 2021.
Best football game ever made in my opinion.
Makes a mockery of FIFA 23.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #3002 on: March 19, 2023, 08:16:34 am »
after watching a vid on the similarities between Star Trek and Mass Effect, i feel a run of the trilogy including all DLC coming on, my favourite gaming true trilogy of all time

and to think i never even finished andromeda, i must have left off around three quarters through i imagine, maybe i'll finish it one day but man, what a fuck up
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3003 on: March 19, 2023, 09:25:48 am »

I might give PES2021 another go at some point. I remember jibbing it last time though as the collision system was just broke which led to the refs making wrong call after wrong call and it was just infuriating to play.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3004 on: March 20, 2023, 10:54:09 pm »
Still Noita. Killed the dragon. Yay.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3005 on: March 21, 2023, 07:11:06 am »
I might give PES2021 another go at some point. I remember jibbing it last time though as the collision system was just broke which led to the refs making wrong call after wrong call and it was just infuriating to play.

It is nowhere near as good as in FIFA, no doubt about it. They do make for good representation of Premier League referees - completely inept and random.

The gameplay makes up for it though. Actual midfield battles, speed being valuable but not overpowering, tactics making a difference and so on. It simply feels like football, which FIFA doesn’t.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3006 on: March 21, 2023, 01:11:31 pm »
My backog is few years long, so I'll probably dip into 2023 titles in few years time.
Interested to see if Diablo 4 is any good.

just played the beta this weekend, was awesome!

They've done a lot to combine the best bits of Diablo 2 and Diablo 3.

So much you can do!

Really looking forward to this weekend's beta and the release.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3007 on: March 21, 2023, 01:52:10 pm »
It is nowhere near as good as in FIFA, no doubt about it. They do make for good representation of Premier League referees - completely inept and random.

The gameplay makes up for it though. Actual midfield battles, speed being valuable but not overpowering, tactics making a difference and so on. It simply feels like football, which FIFA doesn’t.

Yeah I do kind of miss the slower build up instead of the ping pongy FIFA stuff. 

I might see if I can get it on PC and see if there are any mods available that increase the sensitivity for ref calls.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3008 on: March 21, 2023, 05:45:19 pm »
Wo Long's a pretty decent Sekiro-like.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3009 on: March 21, 2023, 06:04:05 pm »
Yeah I do kind of miss the slower build up instead of the ping pongy FIFA stuff. 

I might see if I can get it on PC and see if there are any mods available that increase the sensitivity for ref calls.

Just get Football Life if you are on PC. It’s basically beefed up PES 2021 and it’s free.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3010 on: March 21, 2023, 06:50:18 pm »
Just finished Disco Elysium after slowly playing it through for over a year. What a fucking masterpiece. Sad to read about the disintegration of the studio meaning we'll probably never get a proper sequel written by the original staff. Could have spent longer in Revachol. Might replay to see what I missed.

Also the only quest I had left was to find my missing shoe, which I had found but somehow glitched so I could only wear either the left or right shoe but never both together...

Setting up the rave in the church was a godlike quest, loved it. Soundtrack by Sea Power is truly excellent too.

Not sure I'll find anything in the video game world to match my interests like this ever again. Communism, drugs, music, detectives, it had it all.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3011 on: March 23, 2023, 07:51:33 am »
Just finished Disco Elysium after slowly playing it through for over a year.
Thanks for that. I've had it for a couple of weeks now but waiting for some time to have a proper session with it.

Must admit it seems a bit intimidating to start with. Such a change of style to what I normally play

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3012 on: March 23, 2023, 07:57:05 am »
Disco Elysium is one of the best games ever made.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3013 on: March 23, 2023, 09:21:46 am »
It really is.
Only game I remember having a similar impact on me was Planescape Torment.
It's one of those very rare games that don't raise the bar - but simply set completely new standards and it's all about writing and sheer volume of new ideas.

I do wish the gaming world was more tuned towards producing games of this kind - but it really isn't, almost all of them are strange fruit that grew against the flow of the industry.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3014 on: March 23, 2023, 01:49:59 pm »

I got it on sale the other week. Played for about 15 minutes. Not into it so far. Think I'll have to get stuff done I need to do and then put some serious time aside for it? It seems like it's going to be a long game..
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3015 on: March 23, 2023, 01:51:31 pm »
Really isn't that long.
I finished it in several days.
Once you reach the end and look back, it feels kinda small, the map certainly is.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3016 on: March 23, 2023, 04:14:22 pm »
I'm currently playing through cyberpunk2077. I've gave it a go a few times since launch but bugs and just the general feeling I got with the game always meant I ended up shelving it after the first couple of hours. The driving especially drove me nuts...

So this time I was determined to push through beyond the initial chapter or so and to my surprise the driving felt better and I'm now like 15 hours into it and feel like I can judge it better.

I think it's solid, it doesn't feel like CDPR made this game, I can only really judge the Witcher series but I'd say they created a better world in W3 and cast of characters. I also feel like there's way too much dialogue, like an overload of information at times and I'm completely lost, maybe that's in part because of the futuristic nature of it but I feel like I've not been given all the information to understand what the hell is going on half the time.

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3017 on: March 23, 2023, 11:58:47 pm »
Any Hell let loose players here?
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3018 on: March 24, 2023, 08:02:59 am »
Reinstalled New World. Been out for near a year I think. The mmorpg itch got me back.. Not going hardcore, but its nice to just plod along with a new character. And I really like the setting in this game.

Any Hell let loose players here?

Oo, this is on my wishlist..
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #3019 on: March 24, 2023, 08:46:49 am »
I had my first go on Valheim last night.

Joined a new server my friends had made. All of them pretty experienced with Valheim.

I felt completely lost. These games are not my bag, but Thursday is games night and we were trying something different. I spent the whole night trying to build a hut. Got something I'm happy with, but it took me an age.

The next time we're online I've said I'll go adventuring with them! Any tips for surviving longer than 10 seconds massively appreciated!
"Salahs in here......"

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #3020 on: March 24, 2023, 08:48:42 am »

Modded?

Might get back into that

Nothing since even comes close to cutting it

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3021 on: March 24, 2023, 09:11:10 am »
Modded?

Might get back into that

Nothing since even comes close to cutting it

Nope, plain vanilla on Xbox.
And it still wipes the floor with FIFA.
It just plays like a game of football.
It's so refreshing to have all types of games play out.
From dominant wins, suckerpunch losses, grueling 0-0's and everything in between.
Teams play differently and tactics actually mean something.

If you're on PC, give Football Life 23 a go - it's basicaly free pre-modded and tuned PES 2021.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #3022 on: March 24, 2023, 09:43:48 am »
Has there been anything talked about with that other football game that was supposed to be coming? VFL was it?
AHA!

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3023 on: March 24, 2023, 11:00:44 am »

Joined a new server my friends had made. All of them pretty experienced with Valheim.

I felt completely lost. These games are not my bag, but Thursday is games night and we were trying something different. I spent the whole night trying to build a hut. Got something I'm happy with, but it took me an age.

The next time we're online I've said I'll go adventuring with them! Any tips for surviving longer than 10 seconds massively appreciated!

I've got around 1300 hrs in Valheim :P

Learn to dodge/roll, the bow is your friend, range is a lot easier than melee, the more bow you use the better and harder you hit. Playing in a group is fun, but I found playing solo a lot more rewarding since you're discovering things on your own.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #3024 on: March 24, 2023, 08:52:20 pm »
Has there been anything talked about with that other football game that was supposed to be coming? VFL was it?

UFL I think. Seems to be progressing but not much in the way of concrete info. Suspect they will aim to launch before the next FIFA if they can.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3025 on: March 25, 2023, 08:14:53 am »
After a year long pause I decided to try and finish Sekiro. I’m at the Shura ending point, so only big hitters left ahead, which isn’t great when you’re rusty. Did manage to kill that bloody ape, shit slinging fucker had no chance once I started treating him like a dumb beast he is.

If I do manage to finish this, I’m rating it as one of my biggest gaming achievements. Hard as nails this game.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3026 on: March 25, 2023, 09:12:44 am »
Nope, plain vanilla on Xbox.
And it still wipes the floor with FIFA.
It just plays like a game of football.
It's so refreshing to have all types of games play out.
From dominant wins, suckerpunch losses, grueling 0-0's and everything in between.
Teams play differently and tactics actually mean something.

If you're on PC, give Football Life 23 a go - it's basicaly free pre-modded and tuned PES 2021.

A friend and I have been playing Football Life non stop the past couple of weeks.

Using Parsec to have an online, co-op player master league save. Not had this much fun on a football game in years.

Got it fully modded with all the players, teams, stadiums, broadcast packages etc. It’s honestly unbelievable.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #3027 on: March 25, 2023, 11:06:47 am »
I am just finishing Hogwarts on the PS5, getting ready to start Resident Evil 4 on the PS5. A slight change of tone. 
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #3028 on: March 25, 2023, 11:56:09 am »
Playing Graveyard Keeper with all the DLC. Tried it some time ago without the DLC and I kind of gave up pretty quickly. It was just a lot of long pointless walking without any quick travel, I think. They changed that and added a teleport stone and that has made it more enjoyable. You still have to run around a bit as is normal for those kinds of games, but the addition still takes a lot of unnecessary running out of the game and makes it more enjoyable. I'm kind of in the late mid-game at the moment (I guess) and have finally figured out how most of the mechanics work. Having said that, playing with all DLC seems to really make this game kind of cluttered with loads and loads of stuff to do and many mechanics to look out for.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #3029 on: March 25, 2023, 11:58:24 am »

In my top 10 for sure. Might be a little leftie for some sensibilities on RAWK though.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3030 on: March 25, 2023, 07:19:34 pm »

Good on you mate! It's a wonderful little game.

I've got around 1300 hrs in Valheim :P

Learn to dodge/roll, the bow is your friend, range is a lot easier than melee, the more bow you use the better and harder you hit. Playing in a group is fun, but I found playing solo a lot more rewarding since you're discovering things on your own.

Damn dude! Only 600 here ;D

And yes, dodging will help. Also, alot of mobs can be juked. Skeletons for instance, when they are about to attack, they stop, which gives you time to just backpedal.

Also also, spear is your friend. Learn it, love it. ;D
@Yvanicuzz

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3031 on: March 25, 2023, 08:12:50 pm »
trying out a game called surviving mars. it's a base/colony builder/manager thing.

quite dangerous really because someone like me could lose days to it.

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3032 on: March 26, 2023, 12:08:31 am »
trying out a game called surviving mars. it's a base/colony builder/manager thing.

quite dangerous really because someone like me could lose days to it.

As long as you don't become Elon Musk everything's fine... ;)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3033 on: March 26, 2023, 07:13:10 pm »
Hitman World Of Assassination - Freelancer is absolutely nails.  Thought I was pretty good at these games but this turns it  into a rogue lite with all the frustration and elation that comes with that, it's brilliant but tough.  Free upgrade too.

Just ordered "Hitman 3: World of Assassination" from CeX

Earlier today I downloaded the Free starter pack and been doing a few sample missions, tutorials and stuff

Not played anything from the Hitman franchise for over 20 years.  Really looking forward to playing it :)

The Freelancer mode looks like its gonna be fun too

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3034 on: March 29, 2023, 05:36:16 pm »
Resident Evil 4 remake is an absolute masterpiece, absolutely loved it.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3035 on: March 29, 2023, 06:55:12 pm »
Finished Cyberpunk and Hogwarts. Slowly getting through my single player games. Just started Tchia, nice little game.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3036 on: March 29, 2023, 06:58:29 pm »
in recent times I've had a go on surviving mars (not bad) surviving the aftermath (better, but pretty much fuck all replay value to me) and a relaxing game called terra nil that I'll go back to.

on another nostalgia kick I've downloaded the remaster of FF8 and found a load of mods for it. that'll do me for a bit.

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3037 on: March 29, 2023, 08:33:08 pm »
Finished Ghost of Tsushima over the weekend. Really loved it. Not quite platinum on it but not far off which is unusual for me.

Still enjoying the PSVR2, although mostly for GT7.

Far Cry 6 next for a change in pace / style!
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #3038 on: March 30, 2023, 03:09:44 pm »
Rimworld - altho have no idea what Im doing or why Im doing it.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3039 on: March 30, 2023, 03:59:00 pm »
Rimworld - altho have no idea what Im doing or why Im doing it.

One of the best games ever. Loads of great mods for it as well. Some great quality of life stuff, but also loads of great stuff to add new content or change the way the game plays.