Author Topic: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences  (Read 1233502 times)

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences
« Reply #14200 on: March 22, 2023, 08:07:44 am »
I'm assuming this has been discussed a few pages back but I'm too lazy to check. The Last of Us - I'm two episodes in now. Does it get good at any point?

In my opinion, from episode one, I thought every episode varied between good and great.  Episode three is considered the best, but also probably the most divisive.  There's only nine episodes, you're two down, I'd probably finish it and if I didn't like like it not bother with season two.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14201 on: March 22, 2023, 08:19:37 am »
I'm assuming this has been discussed a few pages back but I'm too lazy to check. The Last of Us - I'm two episodes in now. Does it get good at any point?
If you dislike after two episodes it probably isn't for you?

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14202 on: March 22, 2023, 09:41:52 pm »
ITVx app that recently popped up on Sky Q.

Started watching Cracker again this week on the app, my Other Half hasn't seen it before and is really liking it,

One of the great forgotten British TV shows.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14203 on: March 23, 2023, 10:12:49 am »
There has been a fair bit of confusion over the Yellowjackets release schedule, so for the sake of anyone who wants to know when they can watch it, and especially for the sake of those who like their viewing experience to be spoiler free, here's your heads up:

Episodes are technically releasing on Fridays (beginning tomorrow) but depending on where/how you watch, you may not have them until Sunday.

The show is still being treated as a Showtime show, despite the merger with Paramount. And as per Showtime's norm, episodes are available on their streaming apps two days before their TV broadcast. They will be dropping at 12:01am ET, meaning the torrents will be knocking around early am UK time. Every other streaming service that carries the show is being treated as 3rd party and will only get the episodes in line with the TV broadcast of a Sunday - so that's the likes of Paramount+ and Amazon Prime.

Edit: Some 3rd party streaming services (i.e anything that's not the Showtime apps) will have the episodes on Fridays, some on Sundays - and the arrangement for which day services are getting the episodes also seems to differ between the US and UK.

Paramount+ has it in the UK (subscription is required) and episodes will be dropping on Fridays.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 03:53:37 pm by kellan »

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14204 on: March 23, 2023, 01:26:37 pm »
There has been a fair bit of confusion over the Yellowjackets release schedule, so for the sake of anyone who wants to know when they can watch it, and especially for the sake of those who like their viewing experience to be spoiler free, here's your heads up:

Episodes are technically releasing on Fridays (beginning tomorrow) but depending on where/how you watch, you may not have them until Sunday.

The show is still being treated as a Showtime show, despite the merger with Paramount. And as per Showtime's norm, episodes are available on their streaming apps two days before their TV broadcast. They will be dropping at 12:01am ET, meaning the torrents will be knocking around early am UK time. Every other streaming service that carries the show is being treated as 3rd party and will only get the episodes in line with the TV broadcast of a Sunday - so that's the likes of Paramount+ and Amazon Prime.

I'm still confused. I thought this was on a Sky channel (Atlantic?) last season, and now its on Paramount, Showtime AND Amazon? As a Prime subscriber can I watch this or do I need an extra subscription to Para?

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14205 on: March 23, 2023, 03:01:19 pm »
I'm still confused. I thought this was on a Sky channel (Atlantic?) last season, and now its on Paramount, Showtime AND Amazon? As a Prime subscriber can I watch this or do I need an extra subscription to Para?
Season 1 is on Prime, you got to pay for it. I would think it will be the same for season 2.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #14206 on: March 23, 2023, 03:20:12 pm »
Not sure if it has been mentioned already, but Gold on the BBC about the Brinks Mat robbery was good. Also highlights some of the corruption that there was is in the Met
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14207 on: March 23, 2023, 03:47:34 pm »
It's no longer on Sky Atlantic. It's now on Paramount+ in the UK (subscription required) and can be bought on Amazon Prime. If you have the Paramount+ sub, you can watch their shows via Amazon Prime, but it still requires the stand-alone Paramount+ sub - although there is a seven-day free trial.

Since making my first post I've now seen that info has changed regarding the UK release and it will in fact be on Paramount+ on Fridays, not Sundays.

As I said, it's really quite confusing and nobody seems to know what's what.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14208 on: March 23, 2023, 04:02:21 pm »
It's no longer on Sky Atlantic. It's now on Paramount+ in the UK (subscription required) and can be bought on Amazon Prime. If you have the Paramount+ sub, you can watch their shows via Amazon Prime, but it still requires the stand-alone Paramount+ sub - although there is a seven-day free trial.

Since making my first post I've now seen that info has changed regarding the UK release and it will in fact be on Paramount+ on Fridays, not Sundays.

As I said, it's really quite confusing and nobody seems to know what's what.

Welcome to the streaming era which costs you more money and confusion than ever.  ;D

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14209 on: March 23, 2023, 04:48:57 pm »
There’s loads of streaming sites that have pretty much everything you need, free of charge. Just have to look them up.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14210 on: March 23, 2023, 06:15:46 pm »
Brian Cox’s Universe documentary has been incredible tonight some truly stunning view of galaxies and stars.
What channel is that on Jill?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14211 on: March 23, 2023, 06:17:05 pm »

All on iPlayer
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14212 on: March 23, 2023, 06:17:41 pm »
There’s loads of streaming sites that have pretty much everything you need, free of charge. Just have to look them up.

Was talking more legit streaming Huey lad.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14213 on: March 23, 2023, 08:35:15 pm »
Ta WAP

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #14214 on: March 23, 2023, 11:09:11 pm »
Not sure if it has been mentioned already, but Gold on the BBC about the Brinks Mat robbery was good. Also highlights some of the corruption that there was is in the Met

It did wander off a bit on all and sundries personal lives but overall well done.

I wonder if the Mason’s are still as powerful now as they were then?

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #14215 on: March 24, 2023, 08:45:43 am »
It did wander off a bit on all and sundries personal lives but overall well done.

I wonder if the Mason’s are still as powerful now as they were then?

I suspect so

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/feb/04/integrity-or-influence-peering-into-the-world-of-modern-freemasons
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14217 on: March 24, 2023, 12:55:13 pm »
Was talking more legit streaming Huey lad.
Who are you like Monty Brewster. ;D

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14218 on: March 24, 2023, 04:13:52 pm »
Welcome to the streaming era which costs you more money and confusion than ever.  ;D

You might get Paramount+ plus free if you have a Sky Sub that includes movies, I know we did. 

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #14219 on: March 24, 2023, 11:29:22 pm »

I'm shocked in this day and age people pay for streaming.

I watch everything and never paid a penny.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14220 on: March 25, 2023, 10:49:37 am »
Really enjoyed the first episode of Lucky Hank with Bob Odenkirk.  Tonally a bit off as it doesn't seem to know what it wants to be yet I guess, sort of a mix of the Michael Douglas film Wonder boys and AP Bio (although not as brash as the latter).  I found it really funny though and I'll certainly be continuing.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #14221 on: March 25, 2023, 01:23:49 pm »
Stuck with Your Honour series 2 till the end ...but not sure why.....ditto, Godfather Of Harlem...and Snowfall....all seemed to have long since ran out of ideas and any dramatic integrity they once had.......on the flip side the second series opener of the terriffic Irish gangster drama Kin was a belter....very much looking forward to the rest of that .........also enjoying the French Canadian Police thriller 19-2...a Montreal Hill Street Blues....a bit soapy at times but lots of quality performances and unflinching plot lines (the school shooting episode is one of the best/ most nerve shredding bits of telly I've seen for a while) ....and if you enjoy pulpy Aussie crime shows check out Last King of the Cross ...numerous familiar faces from Mr In-between and Underbelly - and also the ubiquitous Tim Roth....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #14222 on: March 25, 2023, 11:01:09 pm »
Just finished White Lotus 2 with the trouble and strife

really enjoyed every episode. Really engaging plot with a multitude of characters and really well thought out script and little human interactions. My wife sees so many more of the plot lines quicker than I do and will see the girls perspective so much quicker than I ever would

thoroughly enjoyed it as easily as good if not better than the first one

I assume there is an open plot line for a bad character to come to a bad end in white lotus 3, assuming they make one

really makes me want to save up for 5 star resorts in far off places

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #14223 on: March 25, 2023, 11:11:22 pm »
Really enjoyed the first episode of the new Netflix series The night agent

But I already think I see a twist coming a mile away I hope they are just playing the viewer.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 11:38:10 pm by Trada »

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14224 on: March 25, 2023, 11:23:56 pm »

Enough to watch 2 straight away ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14225 on: March 25, 2023, 11:30:28 pm »

Turned it off after 9 minutes...

The dialogue right from the start was nothing but plot hammer. You could just see the bullet points being ticked off with every sentence.

No slight on Trada, hope he continues to enjoy it, but I thought much less of it, smacked of typical, algorithmic Netflix pap...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #14226 on: March 25, 2023, 11:39:15 pm »

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #14227 on: March 25, 2023, 11:59:42 pm »

The dialogue right from the start was nothing but plot hammer. You could just see the bullet points being ticked off with every sentence.

No slight on Trada, hope he continues to enjoy it, but I thought much less of it, smacked of typical, algorithmic Netflix pap...

It's no slight on me I don't care what other people think.

As long as I enjoy something that's all that matters.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14228 on: March 26, 2023, 12:13:27 am »

100%...

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14229 on: March 26, 2023, 12:31:18 am »
.on the flip side the second series opener of the terriffic Irish gangster drama Kin was a belter....very much looking forward to the rest of that .........a

What? Wait!  There's a second series?

Yes! just seen first 2 episodes have dropped

thanks so much for the HU.

Online Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #14230 on: March 26, 2023, 10:21:16 am »

Watched one and half episodes last night and not sure how I got that far. The trailer looked good but the show itself was at times a bit ridiculous. Had a Channel 5 afternoon film feel about it. I guess in recent years there has been some great TV and the bar is now pretty high.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #14231 on: March 26, 2023, 11:44:18 am »

Sorry John, only just saw this. It was iplayer.

"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14232 on: March 26, 2023, 06:47:51 pm »

Watching it now, quite enjoyable
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline TankEngine10

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14233 on: March 26, 2023, 07:09:22 pm »
Stuck with Your Honour series 2 till the end ...but not sure why.....ditto, Godfather Of Harlem...and Snowfall....all seemed to have long since ran out of ideas and any dramatic integrity they once had.......on the flip side the second series opener of the terriffic Irish gangster drama Kin was a belter....very much looking forward to the rest of that .........also enjoying the French Canadian Police thriller 19-2...a Montreal Hill Street Blues....a bit soapy at times but lots of quality performances and unflinching plot lines (the school shooting episode is one of the best/ most nerve shredding bits of telly I've seen for a while) ....and if you enjoy pulpy Aussie crime shows check out Last King of the Cross ...numerous familiar faces from Mr In-between and Underbelly - and also the ubiquitous Tim Roth....

I thought the first series of Kin was dreadful to be honest. Reminded me of Fair City (Irish soap opera) more than it did Love/Hate or anything decent. I like Ciaran Hinds, and Aidan Gillen has been known to be decent (though perhaps not since Obama got into office  :P ) but neither of them were at the races at all here, and some of the newbies were terribly weak. Plot was fairly substandard too, nothing out of the ordinary in it

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #14234 on: March 26, 2023, 08:42:27 pm »
What? Wait!  There's a second series?

Yes! just seen first 2 episodes have dropped

thanks so much for the HU.

No worries. Cracking series. Enjoy
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14235 on: March 27, 2023, 12:07:20 am »

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14236 on: March 27, 2023, 12:14:42 am »
No worries. Cracking series. Enjoy

Sound

Reminded me SO much of Love/Hate.

Thought Ciaran Hinds, and Aidan Gillen were really at the races in the amazing first series.  Great debuts from, some of the newer actors too.

That's all before we even start to consider the outstandingly twisty plot.

Online afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four

Offline TankEngine10

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14238 on: March 27, 2023, 01:50:17 pm »
Sound

Reminded me SO much of Love/Hate.

Thought Ciaran Hinds, and Aidan Gillen were really at the races in the amazing first series.  Great debuts from, some of the newer actors too.

That's all before we even start to consider the outstandingly twisty plot.

;D   :lickin

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14239 on: March 27, 2023, 03:37:57 pm »
;D   :lickin

:) Only messing mate., Each to their own and all that

Although, what did you mean by your Aiden Gillen and Obama comment?