Author Topic: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences  (Read 1233771 times)

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences
« Reply #14120 on: February 21, 2023, 07:32:52 pm »
Anyone else tried watching The Gold on the Beeb? Watched the first ep and tried the second but how on earth they made a drama about such a famous heist so boring and predictable I'll never know. Some of the acting and directing is awful.

Agreed, I gave up on ep2  same with Better, which I was really looking forward too
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14121 on: February 21, 2023, 10:05:54 pm »
Django. Sky Atlantic, Friday 23rd.

Django is a jaded cowboy in search for the daughter he thought he lost. He stumbles upon a town called New Babylon where all outcasts are welcome, and everyone is equal and free. Django discovers that his 20-year-old daughter Sarah is alive and set to marry John Ellis, the founder of New Babylon. Sarah - who blames her father for the death of their family, massacred many years earlier while he was at war - wants Django to leave. But he refuses to give up and does everything in his power to get a second chance with her, becoming a valuable ally for Ellis, who must defend the town from Elizabeth Thurman's attacks. Unbeknownst to them, Django, John and Sarah are linked by a web of secrets and a dark past bound to resurface.

I hope it’s more Corbucci and no Tarantino.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dqtxopUwIIc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dqtxopUwIIc</a>

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14122 on: February 21, 2023, 10:07:12 pm »
Haha, it worked.  :o  ;D

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14123 on: February 22, 2023, 07:49:58 am »
Blitzed through Slow Horses in no time at all. Brilliant series.

Did both season over the Christmas/NY period. Finally, started and ploughed through Top Boy Seasons 1 & 2 and am now hanging for season 3 to land in Oz. For some reason it reminded me of Gommorah.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14124 on: February 22, 2023, 08:43:06 am »
Anyone else tried watching The Gold on the Beeb? Watched the first ep and tried the second but how on earth they made a drama about such a famous heist so boring and predictable I'll never know. Some of the acting and directing is awful.

I binged the whole 6 episodes over the weekend. I thought it was great.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14125 on: February 22, 2023, 11:43:46 am »
Did both season over the Christmas/NY period. Finally, started and ploughed through Top Boy Seasons 1 & 2 and am now hanging for season 3 to land in Oz. For some reason it reminded me of Gommorah.

Dushane is Genny, Sully is Ciro?

Or other way round?

Interesting thought(s)...

But who is Pit Bull?  :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #14126 on: February 22, 2023, 02:08:01 pm »
Where can I watch Gomorrah?
Hear it's a classic
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14127 on: February 22, 2023, 05:36:04 pm »
Anyone caught The Gold on BBC, brilliant viewing.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14128 on: February 22, 2023, 05:36:27 pm »
Where can I watch Gomorrah?
Hear it's a classic
Episodes are all up on Sky.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14129 on: February 22, 2023, 07:26:17 pm »
Watching The Offer at the moment and it's fantastic, I thought the guy playing Robert Evans was over doing it with his accent but I have seen an old interview with Evans on youtube and it is spot on!

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14130 on: February 22, 2023, 11:39:07 pm »
Anyone caught The Gold on BBC, brilliant viewing.

Just watched the first episode

Brilliant

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #14131 on: February 23, 2023, 11:23:51 am »
I saw a trailer for the Gold I will give it a go.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #14132 on: February 23, 2023, 12:27:42 pm »
I haven't watch Yellowstone or any of the spin offs.

But I will more than likely watch the limited series 1883 the Bass reeves story spinoff.

Always found him interesting and rumoured to be the real life person the Lone Ranger was based on apart from him being a Black lawmen one of the first and he killed 14 outlaws and over 3000 arrests without being once even wounded.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 12:30:55 pm by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #14133 on: February 23, 2023, 04:10:36 pm »
When is the next half of this season?

Looks like it is coming back for six more eps this summer to finish off the season.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #14134 on: February 24, 2023, 08:29:20 pm »
Have to say how great The Orpheus Syndrome, episode 8 was of Pokerface and Nick Nolte was brilliant in it as the old Special effects person who was big in the 80s.

It was like the outer limits or the Twilight zone with some Columbo thrown in of course.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 08:35:57 pm by Trada »

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14135 on: February 24, 2023, 10:07:20 pm »
Have to say how great The Orpheus Syndrome, episode 8 was of Pokerface and Nick Nolte was brilliant in it as the old Special effects person who was big in the 80s.

It was like the outer limits or the Twilight zone with some Columbo thrown in of course.

^ ha - right, good synopsis Trada, I've enjoyed this show, a real blast from the past, and very well put together. I'd watch that stop-motion animation Nolte's character was was making

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #14136 on: February 26, 2023, 11:41:26 am »
Anybody watch Endeavour? Final series starts tonight. Never really watched Inspector Morse or Lewis but really enjoyed Endeavour, I think the period setting helps. Shaun Evans and Roger Allam are excellent. Didn’t actually realise Shaun Evans was from Liverpool until I watched Vigil.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #14137 on: February 26, 2023, 02:29:47 pm »
Watched the 1st episode of the new Prime video series The Consultant very strange not sure what to make of it right now, I think he's The Devil but I'm sure that's what you are meant to think after the 1st one.

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/Rj6gQdEyGXI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/Rj6gQdEyGXI</a>
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 02:32:09 pm by Trada »

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #14138 on: February 26, 2023, 02:45:40 pm »
Anybody watch Endeavour? Final series starts tonight. Never really watched Inspector Morse or Lewis but really enjoyed Endeavour, I think the period setting helps. Shaun Evans and Roger Allam are excellent. Didn’t actually realise Shaun Evans was from Liverpool until I watched Vigil.

Isn't Endeavour about the younger Inspector Morse? I only watched a few of the the IM. I couldn't really get into it. I knew Shaun Evans was from Liverpool though, I saw him in a film in which he starred with Andrea Corr.  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #14139 on: February 26, 2023, 04:56:16 pm »
Isn't Endeavour about the younger Inspector Morse? I only watched a few of the the IM. I couldn't really get into it. I knew Shaun Evans was from Liverpool though, I saw him in a film in which he starred with Andrea Corr.  :D
Yep it’s Morse from when he’s just starting out in the mid 60s. I can’t get into Inspector Morse (with John Thaw), either but Endeavour is a much better programme. Think we just happened to catch one, were hooked and went back and watched it from the start.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14140 on: February 27, 2023, 03:55:02 pm »
Watched the 1st episode of the new Prime video series The Consultant very strange not sure what to make of it right now, I think he's The Devil but I'm sure that's what you are meant to think after the 1st one.

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/Rj6gQdEyGXI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/Rj6gQdEyGXI</a>
I thought this a was movie, when i saw the trailer a few weeks ago.

Even better now, definitely be watching that.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14141 on: February 28, 2023, 02:22:27 pm »
Saw some Yellowstone chat...stick with it. Amazing show - great characters

Tulsa King - silly but enjoyable

I swear that's Ian McShane, not Sylvester Stallone.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #14142 on: March 1, 2023, 03:52:57 pm »
This looks interesting and with a massive cast.

Apple TV do make programs that are a bit different and looks very expensive to make.

I have a feeling it will it will be hate by some sections as being to woke or something like that.

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/HYmuR3GH0sg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/HYmuR3GH0sg</a>
« Last Edit: March 1, 2023, 03:56:44 pm by Trada »

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14143 on: March 4, 2023, 09:39:58 am »
Watched a couple of episodes of 'Fleishman is in trouble' on Disney Plus. I think it's excellent. Jesse Eisenberg is the lead and it's about a couple that got divorced and how he navigates life with his kids etc. Great writing, acting and funny at times too.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14144 on: March 4, 2023, 12:34:54 pm »
This looks interesting and with a massive cast.

Apple TV do make programs that are a bit different and looks very expensive to make.

I have a feeling it will it will be hate by some sections as being to woke or something like that.
That's a ridiculous cast, I have no idea how I've managed to get two weeks away from release without hearing a thing about it

Apple TV have been quietly making some great stuff lately, so I'll probably watch this just for that reason.

Online Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14145 on: March 4, 2023, 02:37:22 pm »
Halfway through 1923, enjoying it for the most part but the story about Spencer in Africa is tedious, he is supposed to be this master hunter when all he does is point his gun and blasts animals dead from point blank range and the love story between him and Alex would be too cheesy even for a Mills and Boon novel.

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14146 on: March 6, 2023, 08:53:20 pm »
Just started watching the opener for season 6 of Snowfall. 8)

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14147 on: March 6, 2023, 11:17:18 pm »
You've all got to get in to this. I've watched 6 of 8 and it's superb. Really hope the final two don't disappoint.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14148 on: March 6, 2023, 11:28:58 pm »
You've all got to get in to this. I've watched 6 of 8 and it's superb. Really hope the final two don't disappoint.

I enjoyed it but didn't leave me hoping that there's a S2
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14149 on: March 7, 2023, 07:38:18 pm »
Just started watching the opener for season 6 of Snowfall. 8)
Decent opening episodes.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14150 on: March 7, 2023, 08:59:04 pm »
Decent opening episodes.
What's that on?

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14151 on: March 7, 2023, 09:47:23 pm »
What's that on?
All the streaming sites. First three episodes. I think the 4th drops tomorrow night.

« Last Edit: March 7, 2023, 09:53:08 pm by Baby Huey »

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan

Offline TankEngine10

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14153 on: March 7, 2023, 11:19:36 pm »
Anyone ever watched Mr Mercedes? Started it after seeing Gleeson in Banshees and Paddington 2. Decent lead, first series was a solid watch but now the second one has a very very shaky gimmick at the centre of it. Not sure if I want to continue on. I know it ran for 3 series overall

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14154 on: March 8, 2023, 12:12:56 am »
Decent opening episodes.

They document the evolution of street / trainee fashion fashion quite well, and the whole  Los Angeles / Contra crack / CIA trade 

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14155 on: March 8, 2023, 12:44:45 am »
Anyone ever watched Mr Mercedes? Started it after seeing Gleeson in Banshees and Paddington 2. Decent lead, first series was a solid watch but now the second one has a very very shaky gimmick at the centre of it. Not sure if I want to continue on. I know it ran for 3 series overall

I did the whole 3 series during a lockdown. Goes in another direction to the first two. I kept with it as I love Brendan Gleeson as well as Justine Lupe (from Succession).

Speaking of 'Mr' shows, I've said many times on here before but 'Mr Inbetween' is a must see. Australian TV at it's best. Only 3 seasons (26 episodes) averaging 20-30mins. Scott Ryan is phenomenal as the creator and lead character.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14156 on: March 8, 2023, 02:05:44 am »
^ great show that Barry. I think it was your shout on here that lead me to it.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14157 on: March 8, 2023, 10:21:26 am »

Speaking of 'Mr' shows, I've said many times on here before but 'Mr Inbetween' is a must see. Australian TV at it's best. Only 3 seasons (26 episodes) averaging 20-30mins. Scott Ryan is phenomenal as the creator and lead character.

Agreed. Mr Inbetween is one of the best shows I've seen in recent times.  Perhaps ever.

Gritty, funny, shocking, violent, scary, tense, exciting.  It really does have it all.

I totally recommend it to everyone. 

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14158 on: March 8, 2023, 12:14:46 pm »
All the streaming sites. First three episodes. I think the 4th drops tomorrow night.

When's it air in UK on normal streaming services or UK TV?

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14159 on: March 8, 2023, 12:39:33 pm »
When's it air in UK on normal streaming services or UK TV?

This website is good for checking where you can watch things, just set it to the right country then search for your show.

https://www.justwatch.com/uk/tv-series/snowfall

5 seasons on Disney but nothing about Season 6 there though.