Author Topic: E3 2019  (Read 4624 times)

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
Re: E3 2019
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2019, 10:28:07 pm »
Why are everybody trying to become the Netflix of gaming by the way? Netflix for the most part is full of shite with the odd gem here and there.

To be honest, I find this better than the wave of remakes or reboots they're doing. Don't understand that urge to play the same game you've played 15 or even 10 years ago again with today's graphics. I can see the appeal with certain games like "Elite" but not with stuff that was released one or two console generations ago. Then again I'm probably in a minority with that opinion. The only "reboot" or remake I want would be Jagged Alliance 2, but I'd rather have that in the graphics it had but with a new storyline/setting. The releases they did with shiny new graphics were just shite....

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2019, 04:51:30 am »
Why are everybody trying to become the Netflix of gaming by the way? Netflix for the most part is full of shite with the odd gem here and there.

Consistency of income is obviously a big benefit with games taking longer to make nowadays, at least this version of the GaaS trend is less annoying than the whole farce of mobile monetisation and lootboxes.

Offline vorsprungtorbenpieknik

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: July 1, 2019, 01:21:30 pm »

Because the more people that buy subscriptions, the fewer hard copy games there are in teh wild. This kills off the used game market. it might not kill it totally, but it will shrink it enough to make stores like CEX much less viable. They close, further forcing people to sign up to Gamepass.

Also, having access to a big slate of games day one makes a new console purchase much more attractive.

If a parent was 50/50 come Xmas 2020 about which console to get their kid and one came with over 200 games for £1 on Gamepass, including a slate of launch day exclusives like Halo 5, whatever else Ninja Theory are developing, something weird from Doublefine and a few 3rd party exclusives from Global Publishing, it'd help make their decision.

That;s why I think Sony are going to have to respond my seriously improving PS Now, which is a joke at present.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: July 1, 2019, 03:05:48 pm »
PS now is the only console which offers a streaming service. Gamepass isn't a streaming service, it's a modern day rental service via download. Agreed Sony need to improve PS now but the two services arent the same and by all accounts Sony were testing a similar service to gamepass though the PS now service with the option to download.

Gamepass is great value but the two services are different.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: July 1, 2019, 03:39:52 pm »
Strong rumours Sony will be acquiring Remedy.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: July 1, 2019, 04:32:44 pm »
Strong rumours Sony will be acquiring Remedy.

I'm not a huge fan to be honest. I tried Alan wake and couldn't get into it. The pacing and such felt off but I might give it another go in future. Wasnt interested in quantum break either. There was a time when I liked these kind of games, heavy rain for example but I cant find them enjoyable for long anymore.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: March 11, 2020, 04:43:17 pm »
E3 2020, widely expected to be a shadow of itself this year with Sony and Geoff Keighley looking to skip it again and a new streamer/influencer centric format is officially cancelled... due to Covid 19
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2020, 05:38:08 pm »
E3 2020, widely expected to be a shadow of itself this year with Sony and Geoff Keighley looking to skip it again and a new streamer/influencer centric format is officially cancelled... due to Covid 19

Best thing to come out of this pandemic.

As soon as they mentioned influencers E3 sort of died for me.
:D