Author Topic: Far cry 5  (Read 5783 times)

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Far cry 5
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 09:46:02 am »
I'm done with far cry personally. Ran it into the ground like the Assassins Creed series

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 03:24:00 pm »
I've not played the last 2/3 games but the setting and ideas of this one have me interested. I'll keep a watching brief on it and see what reviews are like.
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 03:46:16 pm »
I didn't play 4 or Primal so I'm actually looking forward to this.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 03:50:14 pm »
I'm actually really enjoying Far Cry Primal, but mostly as a "caveman simulator." Graphically I think it's fantastic, and especially in survival mode the environment seems very well-realized. Lots of random encounters with enemies, animals, friendlies, etc. While the story is typically blah, the framework required to tell that story really makes for a much better world than your typical wilderness survival game.

As for 5 - I think it'll be interesting to do the Far Cry thing in an environment I'm actually personally familiar with for once. And I'm reeeeeally looking forward to the Alt-Right outrage that's going to be frothing for the next year.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 05:21:30 pm »
I actually really didn't like Far Cry Primal. Maybe if it wasn't a Far Cry game I would have enjoyed it more? But coming off of Far Cry 4, it felt like such a step backwards.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2017, 08:35:18 pm »
Swerved Primal but the setting for this looks interesting. Will definitely have a look when it's out. Should be a good game. They basically need to get the story, characters and atmosphere right and keep the gameplay like 3 and 4 with a few tweaks maybe...

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2017, 10:39:52 pm »
never played any of the far cry's. i liked the look at that trailer obviously going down the true detective route

Offline Flash6289

• Legacy Fan
  • €6
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2017, 11:34:26 pm »
Will buy as even though I barely played Primal, I couldn't stop playing 3/4.
XBL: Flash6289

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2017, 12:44:24 am »
Ubisoft can't do stories for shit but that looks like an interesting premise, that. FC3 was one of my favourite ever single player games (despite the atrocious narrative and terrible protagonist) so I might give this a go. I skipped primal and 4 completely.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2017, 01:37:01 pm »
Really looking forward to this, spent a lot of time on 3, 4 and Primal.

Primal was/is a great game once you got into it, the lack of heavy weapons and vehicles gave it a completely different feel to the other games. Being out in the open when it started to get dark was definitely squeaky bum time. Trying to stay warm/alive in the colder parts of the map was good too. Best part of the whole game was the owl, worth playing just for that.

Legacy fan

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2017, 09:41:02 am »
I haven't played a far cry game since 2, but I have to say, this looks fun as fuck.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2018, 03:14:01 pm »
Only a couple of weeks to go for this
Legacy fan

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2018, 05:43:29 pm »
Best part of the whole game was the owl, worth playing just for that.
Didn't know that Roy had a cameo in that game!

Only played Far Cry 3 and enjoyed it immensely. Looking forward to this because of co-op mode!

Offline Stand Free

• Anny Roader
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2018, 02:59:19 pm »
Wasn't a fan of Primal at all but will be picking this at some point definitely, looks good fun and a nice change from the previous. Also looks rather realistic with current day events!

Offline Flash6289

• Legacy Fan
  • €6
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2018, 09:50:54 pm »
Wasn't a fan of Primal at all but will be picking this at some point definitely, looks good fun and a nice change from the previous. Also looks rather realistic with current day events!
Ditto - I just pre-ordered the gold edition.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2018, 09:05:20 am »
Nooooooooooooooooooo after Batman I never pre-order anything

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2018, 03:23:06 pm »
Nooooooooooooooooooo after Batman I never pre-order anything

What was wrong with Batman?

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
  • Club first country second
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2018, 10:14:43 am »
What was wrong with Batman?
I'm only guessing here but as awesome as the batman games were on consoles th3 last one was dogshit on PC iirc.  Really poorly optimised, like really poorly.
metallic on psn, cod4 buddies welcome

Offline Zend...en the clowns

• Legacy Fan
  • Likes BBQ sauce a bit too much..
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2018, 11:32:01 am »
Have never played a FarCry game but the story for this looks fantastic.
He posts in the day, he posts in the niiiiiiggghht,
That Zend...en the clowns, his timings just right.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2018, 12:09:04 pm »
Have never played a FarCry game but the story for this looks fantastic.

I've played 3, 4 and Primal and really enjoyed them all. Highly recommended
Legacy fan

Offline Sh0rty

• Kopite
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2018, 06:19:37 am »
Primal was a bit meh loved all the others this i cant wait for

Offline WTF?

• Anny Roader
  • These go to 11
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2018, 11:07:37 am »
I've played 3, 4 and Primal and really enjoyed them all. Highly recommended

Don't forget about Blood Dragon. Well worth a play.

Can't wait for FC5. I've even put a couple of days holiday in to extend my Easter break and get in some serious hours on this!

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2018, 07:58:58 am »
Ubisoft can't do stories for shit but that looks like an interesting premise, that. FC3 was one of my favourite ever single player games despite the atrocious narrative and terrible protagonistso I might give this a go. I skipped primal and 4 completely.
Yeah. The American DudeBro "goin' local" and saving the day was terrible. Vaas was great, though.

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2018, 09:28:44 am »
Hopefully get this in the post today.. looking forward to playing it

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2018, 01:27:17 pm »
I'd not be put off by reviews if that influences whether you buy a game or not.

This game works the same as Assassin's Creed Origins, or Ghost Recon: Wildlands in that each region has a boss associated with it, before you can battle against him/her, you've got to get the resistance meter high enough. The higher the resistance level, the more the cult will try and take you out or try and capture you. There's no specific order that you have to take when taking over the regions, so you're free to do what you want. So fairly bob standard from an Ubisoft game all in all.

Gameplay wise, it's good, it's almost carbon copy of Far Cry 4. The world they've created is good, but i don't think it's outstanding and i think they've did a lot better with Far Cry 4, but there's certainly a lot to do within this, and i've been hooked on it so happy days.

I would say that they could have done with providing more weapons, again from an Ubisoft type perspective, they usually have a very large variety of guns to use, but this game seems to have quite a small number of weapons. Customization of weapons, again it seems a bit lacking... you can only add scopes, suppressors and bigger magazine, and you have a few cameo options. Maybe it's something that they'll update with DLC etc... but considering that for example Ghost Recon: Wildlands, you had a very large variety of customizing available, it's a tad disappointing.. however it's minor.

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2018, 10:41:08 pm »
At the end of the day it's a Far Cry game without the radio towers and with some more exploring. I like it so far. The only thing that's a bit annoying is that there are cultists everywhere and the spot you from about a million miles away. So annoying when you're in a fight close to a road and suddenly you have to fuckers popping up behind you in a car...

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2018, 12:00:16 am »
At the end of the day it's a Far Cry game without the radio towers and with some more exploring. I like it so far. The only thing that's a bit annoying is that there are cultists everywhere and the spot you from about a million miles away. So annoying when you're in a fight close to a road and suddenly you have to fuckers popping up behind you in a car...

Yeah it's a bit of a slog. We got 8 trucks in a row before we could leave an area.

Beyond that, the second player is basically a spare set of hands so far, can't interact with the quest characters, and doesn't seem to be able to unlock guns by increasing resistance.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2018, 11:11:35 am »
Enjoyed it so far but it's hard to settle down and start hunting etc when you keep getting chased by cultists and helicopters
Legacy fan

Offline Flash6289

• Legacy Fan
  • €6
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2018, 04:53:35 pm »
I like how you can go wherever you want from the start but do miss doing the radio towers to see the map.  The story seems OK but the game basically hasn't changed much since FC3/4...

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #31 on: April 3, 2018, 09:25:12 am »
Got this at the weekend, it is AMAZING!

If anyone wants to do Co-Op on PS4 just hit me up.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2018, 10:38:38 am »
Anyone else finished this?

Completed the story side of it and the ending was a bit of a surprise to say the least, not sure if I took the right option.

Still got some of the side missions to finish and hunting challenges to do but it was hard to do them while being strafed by planes all the time.
Legacy fan

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2018, 11:27:18 am »
Anyone else finished this?

Completed the story side of it and the ending was a bit of a surprise to say the least, not sure if I took the right option.

Still got some of the side missions to finish and hunting challenges to do but it was hard to do them while being strafed by planes all the time.

Yup - Platinum Completion as of Monday, it was a fantastic game, massively enjoyed it, ending ruined it for me... all that for that!? WTF?

Both option are pure shite endings BTW, you either:

Spoiler
Resist and see all your friends die and become tied up in a bunker for the rest of your life as a bum boy for a crazy religious fanatic who will most likely torture you

OR

Walk away... and the song plays, your brainwashing kicks in and you kill everyone, then the A-Bomb goes off

Both endings are terrible and make the whole journey pointless as everyone dies anyway.
[close]

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2018, 12:07:13 pm »
Just started playing it. I probably shouldn't have picked it up directly after finishing AC:O - both because the latter is a better game and because WHY CAN'T I CLIMB EVERYTHING??????

I'll second the annoyance at the frequency of random fights. The cultists aren't just all over the roads, but they pop up everywhere. Even where they've got no reason to. And they're all the same guy with long hair and a beard.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2018, 02:01:27 pm »
I've been playing through it, nearly finished the final area. Really enjoyed it to be honest, mindless violence and blowing shit up is always good fun! Have to say though, I've skipped a fair few of the videos in the campaign, just not interested in most of the characters. I know the story got torn to shreds in the reviews, but how the fuck are you supposed to have an enthralling narrative when the main protagonist doesn't open his mouth!

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2018, 02:37:36 pm »
What order have you done the under bosses in? I did John, the moved to Faith's area for a bit, then did Jacob, then finished off Faith.

Loads of stuff like the timed races etc that I haven't even touched.
Legacy fan

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2018, 11:04:25 am »
Ive never played a Far Cry before - is this worth getting? It looks quite decent
YNWA - JFT97

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2018, 01:25:03 pm »
Ive never played a Far Cry before - is this worth getting? It looks quite decent

You don't have to have played the older games. Every game tells its own story and they have nothing to do with each other. There is no overarching plot like in Assassin's Creed. Every game stands for itself. That said you might as well have a long at Far Cry 3 and 4 as they are good as well and might be cheaper. Unless you absolutely want to play the new one. There are some new things in 5, but the shooty stuff is basically as good in the older games if that's what you want...

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2018, 10:19:23 am »
There's a building at the top of the map in Jacob's territory, the one you end up in and have to escape from whenever he captures you. When you approach it at other times you seem to get knocked out if you get too close and wake up on the other side of a lake from it.

Is there a side mission I'm missing that lets you enter it?
Legacy fan