Author Topic: Google 'Chrome'  (Read 51204 times)

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: quick question - collusion chrome extension
« Reply #320 on: April 30, 2013, 10:19:05 pm »
I'll move it over, mate.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: quick question - collusion chrome extension
« Reply #321 on: April 30, 2013, 10:44:33 pm »
I'm having a problem with Firefox. Every time I try to post, I get an error -

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message.

Then when I try to log out -

An Error Has Occurred!
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.

Any ideas?

Sorted
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 11:35:20 pm by Barneylfc »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
Re: Google 'Chrome'
« Reply #322 on: December 6, 2013, 08:59:17 pm »
I have some issues with my PC that mostly occur when surfing on the web. So, I decided to ditch Firefox and use Chrome instead as it might fix the problem. Now, I have one question. Is there an extension or app out there that gives me that small search-box in the top right corner like the one in Firefox? I have really gotten used to switching between different search-engines (google, youtube, amazon, dict.leo.org) without a big fuss. Is there anything for Chrome or is there another browser except for Firefox that has that? I'd appreciate any suggestions... ;)

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #323 on: December 8, 2013, 06:51:25 pm »
I have some issues with my PC that mostly occur when surfing on the web. So, I decided to ditch Firefox and use Chrome instead as it might fix the problem. Now, I have one question. Is there an extension or app out there that gives me that small search-box in the top right corner like the one in Firefox? I have really gotten used to switching between different search-engines (google, youtube, amazon, dict.leo.org) without a big fuss. Is there anything for Chrome or is there another browser except for Firefox that has that? I'd appreciate any suggestions... ;)

The entire bar URL bar is a search bar in Chrome. If you want to search a specific site then press tab after you enter the website.

After you use Chrome for a will remember the sites you visit and you won't have to type in the full url to search. For example because of this when I want to search youtube I only have to press y and then tab.

Offline dnkw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: December 9, 2013, 01:18:41 pm »

A quick search has brought this up:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/search-center/ndfplmdnbnefomnjiknbpejdceedhdmf?hl=en

You'll need to edit the engines as they are the US versions, but all you do is change .com to .co.uk for Ebay, Amazon etc.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Google Chrome Issue?
« Reply #325 on: December 11, 2013, 09:08:13 pm »
Hi Guys

My scroll bar and tick boxes appear to have disappeared from Google Chrome. This is the only website they've disappeared for, is there anywhere that I can turn them on?

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Google Chrome Issue?
« Reply #326 on: December 11, 2013, 10:07:04 pm »
You tried closing and re-opening the browser? or rebooting your machine?

No issues for me and nothing has been changed in the theme.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #327 on: December 11, 2013, 10:08:57 pm »
Closing the browser and opening it again worked. Thanks Claire :)

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: December 11, 2013, 11:24:24 pm »

Offline Jay797

• Kopite
  • We must all at least Tri
« Reply #329 on: April 19, 2014, 12:20:11 pm »
Is anyone else having issues with Chrome? Mine seems to take bloody ages to load a page, any page!! I get a grey circle going anticlockwise for a few seconds then when thats done a blue circle going clockwise for a few seconds!!! I've not long got BT infinity too, so I've gone from a 3mb download speed to a 30+mb speed & I'm still waiting for pages to open/download!!!   :no
Anyone know what I can do please
Cheers   :wave

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #330 on: April 19, 2014, 02:36:40 pm »
Is anyone else having issues with Chrome? Mine seems to take bloody ages to load a page, any page!! I get a grey circle going anticlockwise for a few seconds then when thats done a blue circle going clockwise for a few seconds!!! I've not long got BT infinity too, so I've gone from a 3mb download speed to a 30+mb speed & I'm still waiting for pages to open/download!!!   :no
Anyone know what I can do please
Cheers   :wave

same here mate - on multiple (but not all) my computers (XP and Win 7).

I'm with Virgin - though have noticed that Internet Explorer is working fine still.

Chrome seems to struggle to load any website for 20-30 seconds - or it fails to load and then needs refreshing to load it up ok. SRW Iron (a chrome-based browser) also has the same issues.

Doesn't seem to be a virus/malware issue either... did a re-install of Chrome too - still the same problem!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 02:39:39 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #331 on: April 19, 2014, 02:56:34 pm »
Chrome for Android is horrendously bad, almost as bad as the facebook app.

The old stock android browser is the fastest and cleanest and uses very little ram.
Phuk yoo

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: April 19, 2014, 09:53:32 pm »
Mines been okay. The odd page doesn't open so I refresh and it works.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: April 19, 2014, 11:06:04 pm »
Works fine on my S3, never had a problem with it. Never even used the stock one really.

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
« Reply #334 on: April 20, 2014, 01:11:09 am »
Works fine for me haven't had a problem since I upgraded to the S5.
Justice for the 97

Offline lauz

• Looking for a talented pastie smasher. Apply within.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: April 23, 2014, 11:30:50 am »
weird question but downloaded microsoft word app on google chrome, and it's not working, like the text is backwards whenever i try to write, have i accidently pressed buttons for it to do this?

Offline lauz

• Looking for a talented pastie smasher. Apply within.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: April 23, 2014, 12:52:13 pm »
fixed it!

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: May 1, 2014, 12:04:28 am »
right i have windows 8 i think its called. the panel one well anyway went on it one day ad chrome is now an app. wtf is going on here. i click it and it takes me to a screen with chrome gmail google drive and youtube then you have to go back to the windows 8 panel thing to click desktop to go on word. not the end of the world just very tedious when you're busy doing work
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: May 1, 2014, 11:02:30 am »
right i have windows 8 i think its called. the panel one well anyway went on it one day ad chrome is now an app. wtf is going on here. i click it and it takes me to a screen with chrome gmail google drive and youtube then you have to go back to the windows 8 panel thing to click desktop to go on word. not the end of the world just very tedious when you're busy doing work
Click on the settings bar n top right corner and there should be an option to relaunch in desktop mode.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #339 on: May 1, 2014, 02:08:26 pm »
Aren't there any anti-spyware, malware extensions in Chrome?
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #340 on: May 5, 2014, 06:06:36 pm »
Currently messing around with Google Chromecast and I've worked out that you can play local mp4 files in chrome but not .avi files, though some mp4 files only play the audio with no picture. Any ideas how I can get all video files playing in Chrome, so that I can Chromecast the page on my TV?
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
could not load plugin error in crome browser?
« Reply #341 on: September 6, 2016, 09:31:29 pm »
Hi everyone

just wanted to ask if anyone else is experiencing any issues with crome browser. keep getting an cannot load plug in error. Just tried to watch tennis and could not. Was working ok until last night. I know that they are stopping support for xp but was ok until last night??? any help. Nothing like youtube videos on RAWK are showing up. The crome version is 49.0.2623.112 m
« Last Edit: September 6, 2016, 10:00:20 pm by scouseman »

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Re: could not load plugin error in crome browser?
« Reply #342 on: September 6, 2016, 10:32:39 pm »

Try updating the browser mate - or go here and download the latest version (think it's v53 something...):-

http://filehippo.com/download_google_chrome/ or https://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html

also may be worth having a look to see which extensions you have running - if there is anything there that you don't recognise - remove it/them.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #343 on: September 6, 2016, 10:52:26 pm »
Try updating the browser mate - or go here and download the latest version (think it's v53 something...):-

http://filehippo.com/download_google_chrome/ or https://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html

also may be worth having a look to see which extensions you have running - if there is anything there that you don't recognise - remove it/them.

the links says that because its xp its not supported to get the latest version of crome. This is all I have enabled as a plugin

Adobe Flash Player - Version: 23.0.0.162. Its saying PPAPI (out-of-process). The thing is it was ok until last night as I saw the Wales game on a flash link.

maybe it will get fixed who knows. Does firefox still do updates for older computers??

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #344 on: September 7, 2016, 12:11:20 am »
Try this mate - it's SRW Iron - a chromium browser (very similar to Google Chrome) and should still work on XP:-

http://download1.srware.net/old/iron/win/installer/ - and scroll down to 'srware_iron_49.exe' - version 49 (it's the last working version for XP and Vista) and click on that to download and then install it.

For Firefox try here - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/get-latest-version-firefox-windows-xp-vista
« Last Edit: September 7, 2016, 12:18:45 am by oojason »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #345 on: September 7, 2016, 10:30:03 am »

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #346 on: January 16, 2020, 01:15:29 am »

Wow! Helped fix a lot of issues on my vista pc

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #347 on: January 16, 2020, 03:50:06 am »

Wow! Helped fix a lot of issues on my vista pc

:D

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: November 30, 2020, 11:16:11 pm »
Chrome is causing a glitch reading RAWK at the moment. If I read a thread it also marks the one below it as read. I cleared my caches etc last week and it stopped for a few days and now its recurring.
Doesn't happen if I log in with IE.
Bit of a pain

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #349 on: November 30, 2020, 11:20:28 pm »
Chrome is causing a glitch reading RAWK at the moment. If I read a thread it also marks the one below it as read. I cleared my caches etc last week and it stopped for a few days and now its recurring.
Bit of a pain

Was it the Wolves v Arsenal thread?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: November 30, 2020, 11:33:19 pm »
:) No mate, its any thread below any other thread.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #351 on: December 1, 2020, 12:32:12 pm »
:) No mate, its any thread below any other thread.

That's happening to me too.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: December 2, 2020, 06:56:59 pm »
That's happening to me too.
Ah, that's very interesting Ange.

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #353 on: December 2, 2020, 07:00:09 pm »
Ah, that's very interesting Ange.

I'm not using chrome either.

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: December 2, 2020, 08:17:07 pm »
 ;D  There may be a glitch in the system.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: December 2, 2020, 08:48:56 pm »
I'm not using chrome either.

Are you using Edge? It is essentially a rebranded Chrome so will often have the same isssues.

Not seeing nay issues in Firefox.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #356 on: December 2, 2020, 10:02:27 pm »
Bit of a pain

I'm getting the exact same thing too, thought I was going crazy.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #357 on: December 3, 2020, 07:54:13 am »
Are you using Edge? It is essentially a rebranded Chrome so will often have the same isssues.

Not seeing nay issues in Firefox.

yes

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: December 3, 2020, 08:01:32 am »
Chrome or edge versions and OS please?

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #359 on: December 3, 2020, 08:38:40 am »
Chrome or edge versions and OS please?

Erm - I'm on the latest Edge version and same with Windows.  How do I find out exactly?  ;D

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer