Author Topic: a question for one of the mods  (Read 121027 times)

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
a question for one of the mods
« on: December 2, 2017, 05:29:08 pm »
I posted this in the Brighton half time thread

Klopp's tactics :lmao :lmao :lmao

Coutinho and Mo were poor up until that second goal. Gini looks a mess at centre half. You can tell the difference with Emre who has experience playing at the back. I would bring on Klavan for Gini anticipating more pressure from the home side.

I then get a warning saying why are you so fucking negative. Where 2-0 up. Why do you come on the forum etc. I was actually complimenting Klopp on his surprise tactics. The laugh emoji i used was in the spirit of 'I love the mad bastard'. Phil and Mo barely had a kick for the first half hour. What's wrong in saying that?

i also got a second warning about a month ago for i think using WTF and LOL in a match thread. Is this against forum rules because the warning email had no explanation it just mocked me.

I tried to reply to warning email for explanation but it wouldnt send. So that's why i started topic. Is there an appeal system for warnings?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Re: a question for one of the mods
« Reply #1 on: December 2, 2017, 05:38:28 pm »
Wasn't me that warned you but you're posting in the context of some people on here having a go at Klopp's tactics. We don't know that you're saying 'i love the mad bastard' - it just looks like you're laughing at Klopp's incompetence.

Here are previous posts from you:

Half time at Stoke:

all self inflicted shite again. Matip getting bullied to easily for the Mignolet foul that should have been a red card. Goal aside Mane looks a bit off.

Chelsea:

The 8th draw this season that has felt like a defeat. 5 in the league and 3 in the champions league. Similar themes in all of them. Throwing away leads, being to weak mentally to manage a game and not being clinical enough. Its a collective thing rather than scapegoating individuals. We just panic. Matip is a very calm and composed player and even he starts to wobble. Look at the scramble in the first half Matip had 2 chances to clear and he fluffed both. The same in the second half, Chelsea were throwing crosses into the box and half the time it was our own defenders who either headed the ball the wrong way or sliced a clearance up into the air.

Were fucked Psychologically at the moment. The crowd know it and sense it and the players do. The games come thick and fast now but dont be fooled with the opposition. These teams have the perception that were soft and weak mentally and they will have nothing to lose. They will be rubbing their hands to take us on. Klopp and the players need to change this perception ASAP or we will just be a soft team like Arsenal for the last 6 or 7 years flattering to deceive and a team you cant trust.

Coutinho really struggling in this new role. Been anonymous first half like he was against Seville. Maybe swap him and Ox or throw Gini or Lallana for Phil.

Seville:

Did you see Emre shit out of that tackle in the 72nd minute. he wins that and were away on the break. It also upset me the way when Emre got the Yellow card for nothing he couldnt stop apologising to the Seville player. He should have been screaming at the cheating c*nt to get up. Emre was ready to get on his knees and blow him. We need to fucking toughen up.

I would love to see the possession stats for the first 15 minutes of that second half. I would be surprised if we had more than 15%. We never put a pass together in this period. Would you believe Moreno again at the start of the second half against Sevilla. You could see Sevilla still thought they could win the game when they come out for the second half. We were lucky to get a point in the end because we were gone in that second half. VVD cant get here quick enough. We need more composure and leadership in the side.

You come across as negative and you're halftime post looked to be in the same vein.

It's a minor warning that will disappear in a few days.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 2, 2017, 06:10:01 pm »
Thanks for the reply Alan. The posts you quoted in isolation look negative but for the Seville game i think they are quite tame considering what happened second half. If you were to look at my post history i think you will find i am very supporting of our manager and players and i actually defend them a lot. I am not one to post of getting rid of players or have a personal agenda of scapegoating individuals. Its just the emotion of half time and full time that i have now received 3 warnings when i feel my posts while using colourful language are quite constructive in my criticism. I think i maybe need to pause a moment before clicking post in the future and read what im posting. thanks for your feedback.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: December 2, 2017, 10:04:27 pm »

i also got a second warning about a month ago for i think using WTF and LOL in a match thread. Is this against forum rules because the warning email had no explanation it just mocked me.

Unless you are 12, you should be mocked.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: December 2, 2017, 10:44:10 pm »
Unless you are 12, you should be mocked.

i dont mind being mocked. It was receiving a warning for it that's the problem. This language is used in a lot of threads and is common in the half time and full time game threads when people are just letting opinions fly. As long as mods are consistent and not being selective on issuing warnings im sound.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: December 2, 2017, 11:46:00 pm »
As long as mods are consistent and not being selective on issuing warnings im sound.
Like we may target posters with the name slot or machine in their name  ;D
Some of you take warnings too seriously and some of you don't take heed of some warnings sometime.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #6 on: December 3, 2017, 10:40:25 am »
Looking at the log, there was a message attached to the negativity warning that read like this:

"Most of your posts (especially recently) are so fucking negative and critical. If you cannot celebrate a two nil lead away from home then what the fuck is wrong with you? Are you sure you're on the right forum?"

That reads like a staff member sick of the knee-jerking tripe that you defend yourself as merely expressing an opinion and also reads like a staff member who doesn't see recent post history as constructive. You clearly disagree but perhaps there's a nugget of truth you don't want to see or won't?

The one about 'wtf' and 'lol' is there to remind people that "RAWK is not a mobile phone" and we're not 12.. The occasional use of acronyms in some posts is fine because they aid communication at times - but that warning template was put in place to address a perceived over-reliance on txt spk as a form of communication. At that moment in time, it appears not have been seen as a constructive contribution.

At the end of the day, we try to raise standards - and if our warnings sometimes come across as needlessly aggressive or whatever plaintive defence people wish to call upon, put it in perspective of having to read hundreds and thousands of shite posts that add nothing to the site.

We don't issue warnings in isolation as some kind of witch hunt against selected individuals, we do place things into context and perception is reality. Sometimes on a forum this size you need to develop a thick skin. That said, the more people pop up on radar, the more light is shed on them and the more inquisitive we become........

Your abusive post in September, gaining you the temporary removal of posting rights, was "
your a fucking liability to our fanbase and humanity. gobshite."

Not much wriggle room there!

However, now you've explained the Klopp tactics comment, I've rescinded that warning.
This line of yours indicates there's still hope ;) 

"
I think i maybe need to pause a moment before clicking post in the future and read what im posting. thanks for your feedback."
Now everything's rosy again. Would you like a seasonally-themed username? There's a thread for that ;D
« Last Edit: December 3, 2017, 11:26:54 am by 24/Snowven »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7 on: December 3, 2017, 01:31:03 pm »
Can Bobby's thread be opened by someone, after yesterday he deserves some love. Thanks.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: December 3, 2017, 02:03:34 pm »
Looking at the log, there was a message attached to the negativity warning that read like this:

"Most of your posts (especially recently) are so fucking negative and critical. If you cannot celebrate a two nil lead away from home then what the fuck is wrong with you? Are you sure you're on the right forum?"

That reads like a staff member sick of the knee-jerking tripe that you defend yourself as merely expressing an opinion and also reads like a staff member who doesn't see recent post history as constructive. You clearly disagree but perhaps there's a nugget of truth you don't want to see or won't?

The one about 'wtf' and 'lol' is there to remind people that "RAWK is not a mobile phone" and we're not 12.. The occasional use of acronyms in some posts is fine because they aid communication at times - but that warning template was put in place to address a perceived over-reliance on txt spk as a form of communication. At that moment in time, it appears not have been seen as a constructive contribution.

At the end of the day, we try to raise standards - and if our warnings sometimes come across as needlessly aggressive or whatever plaintive defence people wish to call upon, put it in perspective of having to read hundreds and thousands of shite posts that add nothing to the site.

We don't issue warnings in isolation as some kind of witch hunt against selected individuals, we do place things into context and perception is reality. Sometimes on a forum this size you need to develop a thick skin. That said, the more people pop up on radar, the more light is shed on them and the more inquisitive we become........

Your abusive post in September, gaining you the temporary removal of posting rights, was "
your a fucking liability to our fanbase and humanity. gobshite."

Not much wriggle room there!

However, now you've explained the Klopp tactics comment, I've rescinded that warning.
This line of yours indicates there's still hope ;) 

"
I think i maybe need to pause a moment before clicking post in the future and read what im posting. thanks for your feedback."
Now everything's rosy again. Would you like a seasonally-themed username? There's a thread for that ;D

Thanks for the reply and the message rescinding the warning. I will take the feedback on board. If you want to give me a new username for chrimbo cant be any worse than my current one.  ;D ;D

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #9 on: December 6, 2017, 01:08:04 am »
You're right to question this abuse of power mate, there's a pattern of behavior here. I was not only warned but banned in 2015 for the mod team failing to spot blatant sarcasm and fishing. What's worse is my original post was removed so they can deny everything.

Kashinoda,

You've received a warning for a lack of respect to the manager or players.

Please modify your posting accordingly.

Regards,
The Red and White Kop Liverpool FC Forum Team.

We're not allowed to criticise the team evidently, no doubt in the pocket of FSG or pushing an agenda  :wanker
« Last Edit: December 6, 2017, 01:10:32 am by Kashinoda »
:D

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: December 6, 2017, 07:44:43 am »
Want some chips with yer fish, Kash? :wave

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #11 on: December 6, 2017, 01:10:40 pm »
I see the sarcasm detector has been fixed ;D

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: December 6, 2017, 01:54:28 pm »
I see the sarcasm detector has been fixed ;D
Get up early? You'd have to stay up all night ;D

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #13 on: December 6, 2017, 03:47:12 pm »
Oh I do so love this stuff.   More please.  Whining over a ban two years ago and whimpering about being mocked.  Makes me wonder if there's real money to be made in this malarkey.  Swinging the lash gets a bit much at my time of life.  I must consult with my friends Domina and Trix.
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: December 6, 2017, 03:50:42 pm »
Mags you'll find that Kash was fishing :wave

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: December 6, 2017, 03:52:26 pm »
there's a pattern of behavior here.

Strange spelling.  Are you local and illiterate or foreign person unacquainted with the Oxford English Dictionary?

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #16 on: December 6, 2017, 03:54:39 pm »
Can't tell if I'm being counter fished here :lmao

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: December 6, 2017, 04:01:40 pm »
Can't tell if I'm being counter fished here :lmao

Counter fished?  As in the legend of the Fisherman's Daughter?

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #18 on: December 6, 2017, 04:06:14 pm »
Counter fished?  As in the legend of the Fisherman's Daughter?

I'm not a fan of mints.

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: December 6, 2017, 04:16:27 pm »
I'm not a fan of mints.

Clearly not local.   ::)

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #20 on: December 6, 2017, 04:18:47 pm »

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: December 6, 2017, 04:26:26 pm »
I've been made  :no

What's all this shouting about?  We'll have no shouting here!!!

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: December 6, 2017, 04:55:48 pm »
I'm not a fan of mints.
MInt fan or not, with Mags you're biting off far more than you can chew ;D

Maggie, to be fair, Kash has form when it comes to confusion over vowels, as his CT clearly testifies - I remember him getting it :lmao

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #23 on: December 6, 2017, 04:56:46 pm »

Online BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: December 6, 2017, 05:12:12 pm »
Good afternoon dear Maggie.

Greetings and love from Tyneside     :-*

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: December 6, 2017, 05:15:41 pm »
MInt fan or not, with Mags you're biting off far more than you can chew ;D

Maggie, to be fair, Kash has form when it comes to confusion over vowels, as his CT clearly testifies - I remember him getting it :lmao

Oh dear.  Poor Kash.  I had no idea his bowels were in confusion.  Local remedies are either Sennocot or Immodium depending upon whether one's arse is squirting or bunged.  It is most important not to confuse ailment and cure.  Perhaps you could assist again in this regard.  Pity I never got to relate the Legend of the Fisherman's Daughter.  Aye well ........   

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: December 6, 2017, 05:20:57 pm »
Good afternoon dear Maggie.

Greetings and love from Tyneside     :-*

Good afternoon my Darling Barcode.  How's it hangng?  Heavy as ever I expect.  All the very best love to you and your lovely Dad for Christmas and for always.  Keep on keeping gorgeous.  Mwahs. 

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #27 on: December 6, 2017, 05:24:39 pm »
i also got a second warning about a month ago for i think using WTF and LOL in a match thread.

WTF! Lol, wuu2 wit' shit lyk dat.

ROFL

(good to see Maggie about :))
« Last Edit: December 6, 2017, 05:26:38 pm by Jake »
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: December 6, 2017, 05:33:07 pm »

ROFL
Pstkr!

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: December 6, 2017, 05:40:59 pm »

ROFL

(good to see Maggie about :))

Indeed.  My thoughts exactly.  And thank you for your kind remark.   Mwah.   :wave

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: December 7, 2017, 07:37:51 pm »
Hi mods - so I received a 25% warning for posting in the Bed Woodburn thread my congratulations for beating Bronwyn the Sheep Shagger to the Wales young sportsperson of the year award.

I agree - maybe in slightly bad taste. And there is certainly no debate that i can be a bit of a wang sometimes.

But i was only joking with an innocent heart. Is there really the need to put me on a mod watch list? That's twice this year i think it's got a bit heavy handed on here. My feedback personally.

Just raising this for review. If you feel i truly deserve my spot on the watch list, feel free to keep me on it. As always, i know you guys have a tough job and have to deal with a lot of nonsense. Sorry if i added to it, but on the flip side i do think a bit of a laugh and a joke isn't a crime.

Cheers
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: December 7, 2017, 07:40:59 pm »
It was me and yes you do - not because *I* found it offensive (I do) but because a couple of other users did :wave

Relax, it'll vanish soon enough. Just don't do it again please?

Thanks though for explaining you meant no malice by it. Thing is, if we let that sort of thing go, how do we respond to other accusations that we are "inconsistent"............? It's hard enough to spot when someone is "only havin a laff".

What if I posted a blonde joke in the unfunny joke thread?

Especially since one of our mods is Welsh. And blonde. :wave

See what I mean? ;)
« Last Edit: December 7, 2017, 07:43:48 pm by 24/Snowven »

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: December 7, 2017, 07:54:34 pm »
Yum.  Fresh meat.   ;D  Moaning about being 25% watched  ::)   Fucking hell.  In my day it was outright long bans and the mods would come to where you lived and put ya winders in.  No good will come of this nanby pamby kid glove 25% treatment I tells ya.  :no

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: December 7, 2017, 08:00:50 pm »
Yum.  Fresh meat.   ;D  Moaning about being 25% watched  ::)   Fucking hell.  In my day it was outright long bans and the mods would come to where you lived and put ya winders in.  No good will come of this nanby pamby kid glove 25% treatment I tells ya.  :no
Shut up you clapped-out arl tart!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Maggie for your usual astutely entertaining observations ;D  :P

Online BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: December 7, 2017, 08:46:35 pm »
Good afternoon my Darling Barcode.  How's it hangng?  Heavy as ever I expect.  All the very best love to you and your lovely Dad for Christmas and for always.  Keep on keeping gorgeous.  Mwahs. 
Good evening lovely Lady.

Things are fab, and groovy in my world.

During your hiatus from here myself and dear lady wife became parents.

Dylan was born last November and he's growing so fast, it won't be long before he is big enough and strong enough to knock a big burly Police Horse out with one single uppercut, as is tradition in our family and indeed every other family within the Tyneside boundaries.    :)

My Daddy is doing good thanks, still passionate about photography and trying to save the world.

Have a pleasant evening, byeee    :wave

Online BlackandWhitePaul

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: December 7, 2017, 08:52:16 pm »
Hi mods - so I received a 25% warning for posting in the Bed Woodburn thread my congratulations for beating Bronwyn the Sheep Shagger to the Wales young sportsperson of the year award.

I agree - maybe in slightly bad taste. And there is certainly no debate that i can be a bit of a wang sometimes.

But i was only joking with an innocent heart. Is there really the need to put me on a mod watch list? That's twice this year i think it's got a bit heavy handed on here. My feedback personally.

Just raising this for review. If you feel i truly deserve my spot on the watch list, feel free to keep me on it. As always, i know you guys have a tough job and have to deal with a lot of nonsense. Sorry if i added to it, but on the flip side i do think a bit of a laugh and a joke isn't a crime.

Cheers
It's not like one of them is sitting in a car over the road gawping at you through a telescope.

Ignore it   :jester

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: December 7, 2017, 08:53:24 pm »
It's not like one of them is sitting in a car over the road gawping at you through a telescope.

Ignore it   :jester
I see what you did there. No, literally, I see it.........typing away...........with one hand..........

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: December 7, 2017, 09:42:00 pm »
Fellas - genuinely, i'm not moaning. I don't care at all in a personal sense about 25% warnings and the like. Whack me up to 50% if you like :) Ok, don't do that actually lol.

I give a damn about this site, so i give my honest feedback to the folks that run it. I deliberated whether i should have posted the above as i thought it might make me look like a moaning wanker. But in the end i posted it because i wanted to provide feedback. See, i'm a sacrifical kind-hearted lamb like Jesus himself.

But genuinely, if we don't give feedback then how else can you have a gauge for moderating? Then it's up to you guys what you do with that feedback, but i did my duty. Lines are a bit blurred and it's tough to tell when someone is having a laugh versus being a twat. Anyway, i'll belt up :) Keep my sheep shagging self on the list - i'm a wang and deserve it.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online BlackandWhitePaul

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: December 7, 2017, 10:00:56 pm »
I see what you did there. No, literally, I see it.........typing away...........with one hand..........
Yeah, I have a Cornetto in the other.

I'm hard me, I eat ice cream in Winter time   :)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: December 7, 2017, 10:10:10 pm »
Fellas - genuinely, i'm not moaning. I don't care at all in a personal sense about 25% warnings and the like. Whack me up to 50% if you like :) Ok, don't do that actually lol.

I give a damn about this site, so i give my honest feedback to the folks that run it. I deliberated whether i should have posted the above as i thought it might make me look like a moaning wanker. But in the end i posted it because i wanted to provide feedback. See, i'm a sacrifical kind-hearted lamb like Jesus himself.

But genuinely, if we don't give feedback then how else can you have a gauge for moderating? Then it's up to you guys what you do with that feedback, but i did my duty. Lines are a bit blurred and it's tough to tell when someone is having a laugh versus being a twat. Anyway, i'll belt up :) Keep my sheep shagging self on the list - i'm a wang and deserve it.
Nah you're okay - thanks - feedback is a 2 way street ;)