The Liverpool FC Forum > Opinion

RAWK Advent Calendar 2014 #4 - Emile Heskey versus AS Roma March 2002

<< < (3/10) > >>

Crosby Nick:
Worth noting what an incredibly tough group that was. It was back when there was a 2nd Group stage (12 matches needed just to get to the Quarter Finals!).

We were up against it from the start, losing 3-1 at home to Barca (was it Overmars who scored that superb team goal?). After that we got a decent 0-0 in Rome, battered Galatassary 0-0 at home, got a late equaliser to keep our hopes alive back in Turkey and another 0-0 in Barcelona meaning we went into the last game still able to qualify despite not having won a game!

Barca beat Gala in the other game and went on to make the Semi Finals, losing to a Mcmanaman goal for Real I think.

I love these old accounts and how they get your mind wandering!

child-in-time:
Entertaining and enjoyable :) In all honesty, never quite liked Emile, be it for the role he played (indirectly) in Robbie's leaving, be it because he never met his potential and never hit those heights (of his Leicester period and early years with LFC) again.

Gnurglan:
Enjoy this calender!
I can recall that night too, but not in as much detail. Whatever happened after, forget it. It was a great night, with lots of belief.

Merry 4th of December!

Red Genius:
Fabulous stuff that, love reading these!!! I tell you what, that was one hell of a Roma team too...

Crosby Nick:

--- Quote from: Red Genius on December  4, 2014, 11:57:01 am ---Fabulous stuff that, love reading these!!! I tell you what, that was one hell of a Roma team too...

--- End quote ---

Totti and Batistuta with Montella, Delvecchio and Cassano on the bench! Bit of depth there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version