Author Topic: Typhoid Trump: the not-smart, corrupt, coward, loser, thread  (Read 4571225 times)

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
Re: Ill Douche - Fungal Dick
« Reply #49600 on: December 3, 2018, 10:28:44 pm »
If Cuomo remains unaffected by his top lieutenant's scandal, he and Kamala would make a virtually unbeatable ticket, imo.
Kill the humourless

Offline Mimi

• Maguire!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49601 on: December 3, 2018, 10:59:00 pm »
Like Kamala is going to yoke her rising star to Cuomo’s. His stop-and-frisk policies should rule him out immediately.
"And Israeli aggression will continue unabated. BDS. Armed struggle. Peace talks. Protests. Tweets. Social media. Poetry. All are terror in Israel’s books.” Refaat Alareer
https://www.youtube.com/@refaatalareer9499

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49602 on: December 3, 2018, 11:05:57 pm »
Hey let's actually learn something in this idiot's thread.  :P

"'Skat' is a Scandinavian word for tax or payment and the word migrated to Britain and mutated into 'scot' as the name of a redistributive taxation, levied as early the 10th century as a form of municipal poor relief. 'Scot' as a term for tax has been used since then in various forms - Church scot, Rome scot, Soul scot and so on. Whatever the tax, the phrase 'getting off scot free' simply refers to not paying one's taxes. No one likes paying tax and people have been getting off scot free since at least the 11th century. The first reference in print to 'scot free' is in a forged copy of the Writ of Edward the Confessor. We don't have a precise date for the forges version of the writ but Edward died in 1066 and the copy was made sometime in the 13th century."

Kind of ironic that this chimp who cheats on his taxes uses such a term, isn't it?  :D
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49603 on: December 3, 2018, 11:10:45 pm »
Sanders needs to stay out of the next election.

Yes, yes and yes.  And unbelievably it really looks like he's going to pull the exact same shit as 2016. Ok I'm jumping the gun but it boils my piss. His ideas are by and large terrible, but he is a trump lite- people seem to seize onto him for his unthinking convictions (trump: any non white ppl are bad, sanders: you deserve everything for free) that have no chance of being turned into effective policy.  And in Trumps case are fucking heinous. Anyway....Bernie, stay the fuck away.  The pollling for Elizabeth Warren and Bernie is slightly tepid but Bernie still has wide reaching support.....and I get it, people love free shit, and the current healthcare and higher education fiscal levers are bent all out of shape, but he is so not the solution. A friends father was a staffer for a congressperson about a zillion years ago and he said even back then Bernie had about 1 good idea in 100 but treated all 100 as imperatives.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #49604 on: December 3, 2018, 11:15:42 pm »
A friends father was a staffer for a congressperson about a zillion years ago and he said even back then Bernie had about 1 good idea in 100 but treated all 100 as imperatives.

You could have discussed the actual ideas and why they are wrong but you went for the ancient and tenuous anecdote. Well done.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49605 on: December 3, 2018, 11:35:00 pm »
Like Kamala is going to yoke her rising star to Cuomo’s. His stop-and-frisk policies should rule him out immediately.
DeBlasio proved it a success, Harris would reinforce it.

Smart pols evolve.

And a ticket needs contrast, political and appearance.
Kill the humourless

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #49606 on: December 3, 2018, 11:41:10 pm »
So it turns out that Republicans might be trying to steal a Congressional seat in NC, and the result hasn't been certified and we might be facing a new election there.

EXCLUSIVE: Absentee ballot envelopes in North Carolina fit into "a pattern of fraud"

The Congressional race in North Carolina's 9th district, where Republican Mark Harris is leading Democrat Dan McCready by just 905 votes, has drawn national attention because of highly unusual patterns in mail-in absentee ballots.

In Bladen County, for example, only 19% of mail-in absentee ballots were requested by Republicans, but Harris won 61% of the mail-in absentee ballot vote. In every other county, including Republican strongholds like Union County, McCready won the mail-in absentee vote.

So what happened?

The envelopes of the absentee ballots are a rich source of information because they require not only the signature of the voter but the signature of two witnesses. Pending an investigation by the North Carolina State Board of Elections, which voted unanimously against certifying the election, these envelopes have been impounded.

Under normal circumstances, however, these envelopes are available at the local election board for review as public information. Before the Board of Election's action, 162 of the absentee ballot envelopes were photocopied. Popular Information obtained the images of these envelopes through a source.

Gerry Cohen, the former special counsel for the North Carolina general assembly and an expert in the state's election law, told Popular Information the envelopes "fit in with a pattern of fraud."

Typically, there would be a wide variety of witnesses for absentee ballots. A random assortment of voters chose to vote by mail-in absentee and then have family, friends or co-workers serve as witnesses. The ballots obtained by Popular Information, however, show that a small group of people served as witnesses for these Bladen County ballots. Some of the witnesses signed more than 40 absentee envelopes.

Several of the witnesses are related to Leslie McCrae Dowless, the man at the center of the controversy who has previously been convicted of felony fraud. In 2016, McCrae Dowless admitted to running an operation where he paid people for each absentee ballot they were able to collect. The operating allegedly involved paying "people to obtain absentee ballots, fill them out, and cast their votes on someone else's behalf," according to an exposé on This American Life.

In all, a group of just eight witnesses appear on over 130 of the 162 absentee ballot envelopes obtained by Popular Information. A summary:

Woody Hester witnessed 45 absentee ballots

James Singletary witnessed 43 absentee ballots

Lisa Britt, who shares an address with Sandra Dowless, witnessed 44 absentee ballots

Ginger Eason witnessed 31 absentee ballots

Jessica Dowless witnessed 15 absentee ballots

Cheryl Kinlaw witnessed 14 absentee ballots

Deborah Edwards witnessed 11 absentee ballots

Sandra Dowless witnessed 10 absentee ballots

In many cases, these witnesses were working in concert. James Singletary and Lisa Britt, for example, witnessed almost 30 ballots together.

In isolation, there is nothing illegal about witnessing multiple absentee ballots in North Carolina. But Gerry Cohen said that the absentee ballot envelopes are part of a pattern.

Cohen pointed to the fact that many mail-in absentee ballots in Bladen arrived at the election board in clumps and affidavits from voters submitted to the State Board of Elections alleging canvassers collected unsealed absentee ballots. Those facts, along with the witness data from the envelopes, suggests there was a coordinated effort to take possessions of absentee ballots, which is illegal.

https://popular.info/p/exclusive-absentee-ballot-envelopes
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49607 on: December 4, 2018, 01:34:10 am »
You could have discussed the actual ideas and why they are wrong but you went for the ancient and tenuous anecdote. Well done.

Well, I wasn't alive then to observe for myself and didn't have the intelligence or gumption to question him (my friends dad) on what Bernies bad ideas were, the specifics, to your point I just swallowed the anecdote.  To your point, the anecdote is what I've provided,,,,,,,,because that's all I have to go on.  Poor and lazy thought process from me.

I am a resident of Vermont, Bernie is one of my senators. I hear his current ideas and modality of thinking, doubtless my dislike of some of his current stances plays heavily into my acceptance of the anecdote. I think he is a far better senator than most. And he would never have my vote for President. 
« Last Edit: December 4, 2018, 01:36:14 am by mallin9 »
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #49608 on: December 4, 2018, 01:37:35 am »
O'Rourke/Kennedy ticket. They need someone who can compete with Trump in media optics, and who better than the new darling of the Dems, and a Kennedy that nobody hates.

That's the ticket, right there...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49609 on: December 4, 2018, 01:40:08 am »
The evolving story of what happened in NC-09 in this midterm is wild.  Looks like it will go to a re-vote, and as Chris Hayes said, that some people are going to go to jail for election tampering.  GOP also going full hog in Wisconsin and Michigan.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49610 on: December 4, 2018, 01:43:31 am »
NBC News
Think President Trump seems rattled now? There may be more to come
Ken Dilanian and Tom Winter 
1 hr ago

If President Donald Trump appears to be rattled by special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation now — and his extraordinary tweets on the subject suggest that he is — just wait.

Over the next few weeks, a series of court filings are due that may shed substantial light on what Mueller has learned from people who once sat in Trump's inner circle.

That could happen as soon as Tuesday, when Mueller is scheduled to file a detailed memo in support of the sentencing of former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn. That memo would include information about any "bad acts" Flynn committed for which he was not charged, and details about his cooperation with the special counsel.

It's possible that filing will be sealed, which means the public won't see it until later. But on Friday, another filing is expected that legal experts say probably will not be sealed — a detailed explanation of why Mueller's office is withdrawing a plea agreement with former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, including the "crimes and lies" Mueller alleges Manafort committed while he purported to be cooperating with the special counsel.

"If these submissions are not filed under seal, I would expect to learn much more about the special counsel's investigation into the election of 2016 campaign than we know to date," said former federal prosecutor Daniel Goldman, an NBC News analyst.

Trump continued to appear to be distracted — and infuriated — by the Mueller investigation. In a series of tweets Monday, the president called for prison time for Cohen and appeared to praise his former associate Roger Stone, in a move that many legal experts said shattered presidential norms and raised the specter of witness tampering.

Stone "will not be forced by a rogue and out of control prosecutor to make up lies and stories about 'President Trump,'" Trump tweeted. "Nice to know that some people still have 'guts!'"

Trump added in another tweet: "Bob Mueller (who is a much different man than people think) and his out of control band of Angry Democrats, don't want the truth, they only want lies. The truth is very bad for their mission!"

Attorney George Conway, the husband of Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway, replied to Trump on Twitter with a link to the federal statute on witness tampering, which prohibits any effort to "influence, intimidate, or impede," a witness in a criminal proceeding.

Trump may have reason to be concerned, given that in a late-night court filing in Manhattan Friday, Cohen's lawyers revealed that their client, a former Trump fixer, has been cooperating with four separate law enforcement groups: Mueller, the U.S. Attorney's Office in the Southern District of New York, the New York attorney general's office, and the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance.

Cohen's attorney Guy Petrillo said in the filing that his client should get more credit for coming forward despite withering denunciations of the Mueller investigation by the president.

"In the context of this raw, full-bore attack by the most powerful person in the United States, Michael, formerly a confidante and adviser to Mr. Trump, resolved to cooperate, and voluntarily took the first steps toward doing so even before he was charged in this District," Petrillo wrote.

He added that Cohen "could have fought the government and continued to hold to the party line, positioning himself perhaps for a pardon or clemency, but, instead — for himself, his family, and his country — he took personal responsibility for his own wrongdoing and contributed, and is prepared to continue to contribute, to an investigation that he views as thoroughly legitimate and vital."

Cohen and his attorneys also cited the payments he made to women who allegedly had affairs with Trump, strongly implying in their filing that President Trump is the person referred to as "Client-1"— which had widely been assumed.

Petrillo wrote, "We respectfully request that the Court consider that as personal counsel to Client-1, Michael felt obligated to assist Client-1, on Client-1's instruction, to attempt to prevent Woman-1 and Woman-2 from disseminating narratives that would adversely affect the Campaign and cause personal embarrassment to Client-1 and his family."

The filing included 37 letters from friends and family of Cohen to Judge William Pauley, imploring the court for a reduced sentence or a sentence with no jail time.

One of the letters was from Cohen’s father, Maurice Cohen, an 83-year-old surgeon and Holocaust survivor.

He wrote, "So please where Michael is, let me be with him, and where he goes let me go. He is the oxygen in the air that I breathe."

Trump, in a highly unusual intervention by a president into a pending criminal case, tweeted Monday that Cohen "lied for this outcome and should, in my opinion, serve a full and complete sentence."

Mueller's investigation is still progressing, despite the elevation to acting attorney general of Matthew Whitaker, who has been openly critical of the probe.

MSNBC anchor Nicolle Wallace reported last week that Whitaker had not assumed day-to-day supervision of the Mueller probe, leaving that task to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein. Justice Department spokeswoman Kerri Kupec did not dispute that but said that nothing had changed since the DOJ released a statement saying that Whitaker is in charge of all Justice Department matters.

If Mueller is allowed to proceed unimpeded, the public may learn a lot more about what he has uncovered in the coming weeks. Some legal experts believe he will use the court filings to inform the public about the progress of his investigation into whether the Trump campaign conspired with the 2016 Russian election interference operation.

"My best sense is there will be a lot of details" in the Manafort filing," former federal prosecutor Peter Zeidenberg told NBC News. "He's sort of depositing a few different important chapters in a few different courts where they would be in the reach of either Whitaker or anyone in Congress" to suppress it.

Former federal prosecutor Harry Littman, an NBC News contributor, said the Manafort filing promises to "give chapter and verse to really explain his real detail how he was lying."

Whether that reveals a lot or a little about the Mueller investigation, he said, depends on what Manafort is alleged to have lied about. For his part, Manafort denies lying.

The submission by Cohen's lawyers made it apparent that Cohen has no plans to waffle, as Manafort allegedly did — he is all-in on cooperating with the government. He apparently believes it's his only chance to get a break on sentencing for his crimes, and get on with his life.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/think-president-trump-seems-rattled-now-there-may-be-more-to-come/ar-BBQrCjH?ocid=spartanntp
Kill the humourless

Online Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #49611 on: December 4, 2018, 02:21:04 am »
Hey let's actually learn something in this idiot's thread.  :P

"'Skat' is a Scandinavian word for tax or payment and the word migrated to Britain and mutated into 'scot' as the name of a redistributive taxation, levied as early the 10th century as a form of municipal poor relief. 'Scot' as a term for tax has been used since then in various forms - Church scot, Rome scot, Soul scot and so on. Whatever the tax, the phrase 'getting off scot free' simply refers to not paying one's taxes. No one likes paying tax and people have been getting off scot free since at least the 11th century. The first reference in print to 'scot free' is in a forged copy of the Writ of Edward the Confessor. We don't have a precise date for the forges version of the writ but Edward died in 1066 and the copy was made sometime in the 13th century."

Kind of ironic that this chimp who cheats on his taxes uses such a term, isn't it?  :D

Trump would not like a guy named Edward The Confessor.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49612 on: December 4, 2018, 03:35:21 am »
I encourage everyone to watch 21:25-25:28 of this interview with Michelle Obama. This woman (and her husband) aren't perfect, but they are everything as human beings that Donald Trump is not. Her message needs to be heard by everyone in the world.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jXwaQXquA7E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jXwaQXquA7E</a>
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49613 on: December 4, 2018, 08:55:59 am »
I get the feeling Trump is pissed at Michael Cohen because he's shown he's a better deal maker than his ex boss.  ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49614 on: December 4, 2018, 09:45:02 am »
I get the feeling Trump is pissed at Michael Cohen because he's shown he's a better deal maker than his ex boss.  ;D

That made me laugh...

And Eric Trump is lecturing George Conway on how to respect his wife...
« Last Edit: December 4, 2018, 10:18:24 am by Giono »
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #49615 on: December 4, 2018, 10:49:55 am »

George Conway, the husband of White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, suggested on Monday that President Trump obstructed justice and tampered with a witness when he praised Roger Stone for vowing never to testify against the president.

"File under '18 U.S.C. §§ 1503, 1512,'" George Conway tweeted, a reference to the statutes for obstruction of justice and tampering with witnesses, informants or victims, respectively.

@EricTrump

"Of all the ugliness in politics, the utter disrespect George Conway shows toward his wife, her career, place of work, and everything she has fought SO hard to achieve, might top them all. @KellyannePolls is great person and frankly his actions are horrible."

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #49616 on: December 4, 2018, 10:53:51 am »

:lmao

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #49617 on: December 4, 2018, 11:26:28 am »

@EricTrump

"Of all the ugliness in politics, the utter disrespect George Conway shows toward his wife, her career, place of work, and everything she has fought SO hard to achieve, might top them all. @KellyannePolls is great person and frankly his actions are horrible."

Reza Aslan
Wait. Did I miss something? Did George Conway pay money to have sex with a porn star right after his wife gave birth?

https://twitter.com/rezaaslan/status/1069771975386529793

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49618 on: December 4, 2018, 11:28:05 am »

@EricTrump

I will honestly laugh my nipples off if it turns out she wrote the anon-op ed and that she's been spying on them all this time.  I'm pretty much convinced that anybody left in the White House by now has nothing but contempt for her.  I can just picture her wandering around noting everything whilst being pretty much ignored by everybody.
« Last Edit: December 4, 2018, 11:29:38 am by Red Berry »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49619 on: December 4, 2018, 11:34:33 am »
I will honestly laugh my nipples off if it turns out she wrote the anon-op ed and that she's been spying on them all this time.  I'm pretty much convinced that anybody left in the White House by now has nothing but contempt for her.  I can just picture her wandering around noting everything whilst being pretty much ignored by everybody.

I think the Conways are very publicly hedging their bets, attempting to generate goodwill ahead of the intensifying shitstorm that is coming for Donald and his co-conspirators.  but that is an unfounded gut feeling. And we all know facts are for nerds and guts are for big men with big hands and bigger brains!
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49620 on: December 4, 2018, 12:57:04 pm »
The New York Times
Why Michael Cohen, Trump’s Fixer, Confessed to It All
By BENJAMIN WEISER 
10 hrs ago

Of all of President Trump’s former associates who have come under scrutiny in the special counsel’s Russia investigation, his former personal lawyer, Michael D. Cohen, has undertaken perhaps the most surprising and risky legal strategy.

Mr. Cohen has twice pleaded guilty in federal court in Manhattan to a litany of crimes, and he has volunteered information to the special counsel and other agencies investigating Mr. Trump and his inner circle. He did all this without first obtaining a traditional, ironclad deal under which the government would commit to seeking leniency on Mr. Cohen’s behalf when he is sentenced on Dec. 12.

Mr. Cohen has concluded that his life has been utterly destroyed by his relationship with Mr. Trump and his own actions, and to begin anew he needed to speed up the legal process by quickly confessing his crimes and serving any sentence he receives, according to his friends and associates, and analysis of documents in the case.

He has told friends that he is mystified that he is taking the fall for actions he carried out on behalf of Mr. Trump, who remains unscathed. Still, he is resigned to accepting responsibility.

“He realizes that he needs to move on with his life, and that he’d like to begin that process as soon as possible,” said Andrew W. Albstein, a lawyer and friend who wrote a letter of support on Mr. Cohen’s behalf to the judge.

Mr. Cohen, who once said he would “take a bullet” for Mr. Trump, was for years Mr. Trump’s do-it-all fixer who had a hand in several shady deals. He has admitted he lied to Congress to help Mr. Trump and broke campaign finance laws by helping to arrange hush money for women who might have embarrassed Mr. Trump with accusations of infidelity as he was running for president.

He has not explained his legal approach since he first pleaded guilty in August. But his lawyers, in a sentencing memorandum filed late Friday night, offered the fullest explanation yet for Mr. Cohen’s motivation in switching sides and joining the government team, as prosecutors like to say.

Though he has talked extensively with prosecutors, it remains unclear if Mr. Cohen possesses any information that could harm the president legally.

Mr. Cohen’s approach drew a stinging reaction from Mr. Trump, who tweeted angrily on Monday that Mr. Cohen had “lied for this outcome and should, in my opinion, serve a full and complete sentence.”

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
 “Michael Cohen asks judge for no Prison Time.” You mean he can do all of the TERRIBLE, unrelated to Trump, things having to do with fraud, big loans, Taxis, etc., and not serve a long prison term? He makes up stories to get a GREAT & ALREADY reduced deal for himself, and get.....

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
 ....his wife and father-in-law (who has the money?) off Scott Free. He lied for this outcome and should, in my opinion, serve a full and complete sentence.

Mr. Cohen served as Mr. Trump’s loyal ally and go-to lawyer for more than a decade, handling everything from real estate negotiations to hush money payments. He has been trapped at the center of a confusing legal web, involving two separate federal investigations, headed by different prosecutors, delving into different matters.

Investigators have dug into virtually everything, including the way Mr. Cohen ran his taxi business, how he bought the silence of two women claiming affairs with Mr. Trump and whether he had information about possible contact between Mr. Trump’s campaign and Russian operatives during the 2016 election.

Mr. Cohen’s commitment to Mr. Trump began to wane after a highly publicized F.B.I. raid on his home, office and hotel room in April. Last July, he told George Stephanopoulos of ABC News he was seeking “resolution.” Asked if he would provide prosecutors information about Mr. Trump in return for leniency, Mr. Cohen replied, “I put family and country first.”

“To be crystal clear, my wife, my daughter and my son and this country — this country — have my first loyalty,” Mr. Stephanopoulos quoted Mr. Cohen saying.

Just over a month later, on Aug. 21, Mr. Cohen pleaded guilty in Manhattan to eight felonies — including campaign finance violations, tax evasion and making false statements to a bank — before Judge William H. Pauley III. The federal sentencing guidelines call for about four to five years on those charges, which were brought by the United States attorney’s office in Manhattan, known as the Southern District.

Surprisingly, Mr. Cohen entered his plea without a traditional cooperation deal in which the Southern District would write to the judge and seek leniency when he was finally sentenced.

Cooperating witnesses are often not sentenced until investigations are completed, months or even years later. Mr. Cohen was concerned that signing a deal would delay his sentencing, his lawyers explained in their filing on Friday.

“He respectfully declined to pursue conventional cooperation so that his sentencing proceeding would go forward as scheduled,” wrote the lawyers, Guy Petrillo and Amy Lester, both former Southern District prosecutors.

They said that he expected to continue to cooperate. Ever since the F.B.I.’s highly publicized raids in April, the lawyers wrote, “nearly every professional and commercial relationship that he enjoyed, and a number of longstanding friendships, have vanished.”

“Thus, the necessity, at age 52, to begin his life virtually anew, including developing new means to support his family, convinced Michael to seek an early sentence date, fully understanding that this court will determine the timing under which his efforts to rebuild will commence,” the memorandum said.

As one of Mr. Trump’s confidants, Mr. Cohen was also a target in the inquiry by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, who has been investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election and potential ties to Mr. Trump’s campaign.

Mr. Cohen’s lawyers said that their client began meeting with Mr. Mueller’s prosecutors as early as Aug. 7, even before his first guilty plea in New York. He ultimately met with the special counsel’s office seven times through November.

Mr. Cohen has also met twice with the Southern District prosecutors in Manhattan, as well as New York’s attorney general and state tax agency officials.

Last Thursday, Mr. Cohen entered his second guilty plea in Manhattan, this time to a charge of making false statements, which was filed by Mr. Mueller’s office. In court, he admitted he had misled congressional committees about negotiations he carried out on Mr. Trump’s behalf during the 2016 election campaign on a proposed tower in Moscow. Those negotiations, he said, lasted until five months before the election, far longer than previously known, and Mr. Trump was kept in the loop.

For lying to Congress, Mr. Cohen faces a potential sentence of up to six months under the federal guidelines. And although there was no traditional cooperation deal, Mr. Mueller’s prosecutors agreed to bring Mr. Cohen’s assistance to the attention of the sentencing judge.

Mr. Mueller agreed to file the false-statements charges in New York, where Mr. Cohen pleaded guilty before a randomly assigned judge, Andrew L. Carter Jr. But Mr. Petrillo then asked that the case be transferred to Judge Pauley “for purposes of sentencing,” and the government had no objection.

Now, as Judge Pauley considers how severe a sentence to impose on Mr. Cohen in both cases, he will be able to weigh Mr. Cohen’s cooperation with the Russia investigation. The Southern District is expected to join with Mr. Mueller in making that presentation, the plea agreement states.

Rebecca Roiphe, a professor at New York Law School, called Mr. Cohen’s maneuver “an unusual and creative way to get what he wants out of a situation that’s unorthodox.”

Another legal expert, William J. Harrington, a former Southern District corruption prosecutor who is now in private practice, said, “Tying it up in a bow gives Cohen the best chance at getting significant credit for his cooperation — and a good sentence.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/why-michael-cohen-trump’s-fixer-confessed-to-it-all/ar-BBQs6qh?ocid=spartandhp

Know how Cohen's gonna support himself after he's sentenced?

He's gonna write one scathing motherfucker of a book.  A book that doesn't have to prove a thing, simply state what he knows, what he heard, what he thinks happened, innuendo, intrigue, fucking 20 years of shit he witnessed, manufactured and heard about.

It'll be fucking glorious and I can't wait.

And all in time for the next election!
Kill the humourless

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #49621 on: December 4, 2018, 01:31:23 pm »
Reza Aslan
Wait. Did I miss something? Did George Conway pay money to have sex with a porn star right after his wife gave birth?

https://twitter.com/rezaaslan/status/1069771975386529793

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #49622 on: December 4, 2018, 01:35:07 pm »
Hahahahaha

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49623 on: December 4, 2018, 01:44:08 pm »
Know how Cohen's gonna support himself after he's sentenced?

He's gonna write one scathing motherfucker of a book.  A book that doesn't have to prove a thing, simply state what he knows, what he heard, what he thinks happened, innuendo, intrigue, fucking 20 years of shit he witnessed, manufactured and heard about.

It'll be fucking glorious and I can't wait.

And all in time for the next election!
That surely is his motive for trying to move this on quickly. Get the sentence served, get the book out there asap so he can cash in on the notoriety while Trump is still in power.

Online Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49624 on: December 4, 2018, 02:34:41 pm »
That surely is his motive for trying to move this on quickly. Get the sentence served, get the book out there asap so he can cash in on the notoriety while Trump is still in power.

Or he gets his stuff put of the way and is a firgotten man by the media when the big boys go to prison.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #49625 on: December 4, 2018, 03:25:32 pm »
I would bet part of his deal is that he cannot cash in.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #49626 on: December 4, 2018, 03:34:25 pm »
@ArkansasFred

[Daniel Plainview voice]

Ladies and gentlemen, if I say I am a Tariff Man, you will agree.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49627 on: December 4, 2018, 03:40:49 pm »
What deal?

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49628 on: December 4, 2018, 03:56:33 pm »

No one can stop him from writing a 'Novel.'

8)
Kill the humourless

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #49629 on: December 4, 2018, 03:58:32 pm »
What deal?

His plea deal with Mueller?
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49630 on: December 4, 2018, 03:59:34 pm »

Trumponomics. 

Will be resoundingly less successful than Reaganomics.

Remember Trump University!
Kill the humourless

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #49631 on: December 4, 2018, 04:02:01 pm »
Speaking of sentencing, Flynn will get his sentencing recommendation today

@ArkansasFred

[Daniel Plainview voice]

Sadly Tariff Man still does not understand how tariffs work

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49632 on: December 4, 2018, 04:13:08 pm »
What deal?

His plea deal with Mueller?

Maybe I should said agreement.I cannot remember who it was but I am certain that somebody cut a deal with the US Gov over some crime & written into the deal was that the person couldn't earn money off the back of the crime.

No one can stop him from writing a 'Novel.'

8)

I hope not,the guy deserves to have to take a job waiting tables for minimum wage.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49633 on: December 4, 2018, 04:18:16 pm »
@ArkansasFred

[Daniel Plainview voice]

He still hasn't bothered to learn who actually pays for these tariffs.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49634 on: December 4, 2018, 04:23:47 pm »
Khashoggi murder: CIA chief Haspel to brief Congress

The head of the CIA will now brief Congress on Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi's murder.

Director Gina Haspel is to talk to Senate leaders on Tuesday.

She was absent from last week's briefing by the secretaries of state and defence, angering some in Congress.

Gina Haspel is also reportedly angry about the leak of the CIA findings to the media.

The CIA has not commented on Tuesday's briefing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46435819

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49635 on: December 4, 2018, 04:28:41 pm »
Giuliani's Twitter typo used to abuse President Trump

A critic of President Trump has taken advantage of a Twitter typo by his lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, to mount an attack.

Mr Giuliani left out a space between a full stop and the following word within a tweet, which caused the text to become a link.

The prankster subsequently acquired the webpage it directed users to.

There, they posted a brief message saying: "Donald J Trump is a traitor to our country."

The website involved appears to have been set up by a marketing director based in Atlanta, Georgia, who acted within hours of the tweet being posted.

This is not the first time a Twitter typo by Mr Giuliani has drawn the wrong kind of attention.

In August, he accidentally wrote "hate 'me" rather than "hate 'em" leading several users to respond that they were happy to comply.

In that case, he also opted not to delete the tweet even after it had been noticed by the media.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-46440529

Link to the website - http://g-20.in/

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49636 on: December 4, 2018, 05:06:15 pm »

What a suck up.

All that money and he's got a fucking Charlie Brown tree.

Make Christmas Great Again.
Kill the humourless

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49637 on: December 4, 2018, 05:10:42 pm »
Yeah, I was referring to this:
Mr. Cohen has twice pleaded guilty in federal court in Manhattan to a litany of crimes, and he has volunteered information to the special counsel and other agencies investigating Mr. Trump and his inner circle. He did all this without first obtaining a traditional, ironclad deal under which the government would commit to seeking leniency on Mr. Cohen’s behalf when he is sentenced on Dec. 12.
Can't see that you'd sign away your book without the leniency baked-in.

Online Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49638 on: December 4, 2018, 07:11:58 pm »

Rick Wilson (@TheRickWilson)
2018-12-04, 3:53 PM
Math, spelling, grammar, and logic errors, all in one tweet!

What a time to be alive. twitter.com/realDonaldTrum…

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49639 on: December 4, 2018, 07:20:16 pm »
POLITICO
Hoyer: House could refuse to seat N.C. Republican until fraud probe is settled
By Heather Caygle 
16 mins ago

Incoming House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer said Democrats should refuse to seat a Republican next year until questions are resolved over accusations of campaign-related fraud.

Hoyer said there's a “substantial question” surrounding the election of GOP candidate Mark Harris in North Carolina and called for a thorough investigation before Harris is sworn in.

Harris has a lead of roughly 900 votes over his Democratic opponent, Dan McCready, but continues to face allegations that his campaign illegally tampered with absentee ballots to swing the election in his favor.

“This is a very substantial question,” Hoyer told reporters Tuesday. “Clearly we would oppose Mr. Harris’ being seated until that is resolved.”

Hoyer said he planned to talk to Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-Calif.), who is expected to lead the House Administration Committee next year, about looking into the fraud allegations. So far the North Carolina elections board has twice refused to certify the results and has launched its own investigation into the accusations.

The move by the board came after multiple voters offered notarized affidavits claiming a woman was going door-to-door offering to help fill out and return absentee ballots in Bladen County, located in the eastern part of the ninth congressional district.

There are now questions as to whether the potential fraud extended further back, to the Republican primary, where Harris narrowly defeated GOP incumbent Robert Pittenger. The investigation is now focusing on a local GOP operative named Leslie McCrae Dowless, who helped run Harris’ campaign, according to a report in the Washington Post on Monday.

Democrats are watching the results closely as the investigation continues.

North Carolina elections officials could call for another election between the two, possibly handing Democrats another GOP pickup to help pad their majority heading into the new Congress. The board is expected to hold a hearing on the fraud investigation later this month.

“The House has, as you know, the authority over the propriety of the election,” Hoyer said. “He has not been certified yet, they have refused to certify him. So at this point in time he is not eligible for being sworn in to the House.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/hoyer-house-could-refuse-to-seat-nc-republican-until-fraud-probe-is-settled/ar-BBQuQnX?ocid=spartandhp
Kill the humourless