Author Topic: Typhoid Trump: the not-smart, corrupt, coward, loser, thread  (Read 4568347 times)

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
Re: Ill Douche - Fungal Dick
« Reply #49520 on: December 1, 2018, 02:46:12 am »

Trump has abruptly cancelled his (at least public) meeting with Putin citing Ukraine

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #49521 on: December 1, 2018, 02:48:33 am »
Cohen's justifications begin.

CNN

Marcy Wheeler (investigative journalist) points out that Cohen's been chatting to Mueller about 'pardons'.

ABC

So her implied question is, what did the feds find in Cohen's possession which made him too toxic to pardon and made pretending Trump barely knew him seem like a better plan?
This is the thing I don't get - if you are Trump, then the people who you want to lie for you, your word is your bond.

Yet you see all of those who lied for him... waited... waited... then got convicted/pled once Trump cut them adrift. If I was Whitaker, the absolute last thing I would do is help Trump. You do that, you'll go down before Trump will.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #49522 on: December 1, 2018, 04:09:54 am »
This is the thing I don't get - if you are Trump, then the people who you want to lie for you, your word is your bond.

Yet you see all of those who lied for him... waited... waited... then got convicted/pled once Trump cut them adrift. If I was Whitaker, the absolute last thing I would do is help Trump. You do that, you'll go down before Trump will.

Think the problem he's got is that continuing to offer Cohen a pardon is going to be too obviously linked to crimes in which he himself is the 'unnamed' co-conspirator. Agree with you that he'll throw everyone under the bus in the end but contrast between Manafort and Cohen, at least in how the pardon is dangled in front of them, is interesting.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2018, 04:16:32 am by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49523 on: December 1, 2018, 08:27:46 am »

For Trump, loyalty is a one way street.  You get caught you're on your own.

That said, referring to a point I made earlier, there's too much public heat on Trump for him to possibly do the things he might have ordinarily done to protect someone.  The dirt levels are off the chart compared to Watergate.  Neither protection or cutting someone loose is a good strategy but it's the only two options he has. 

After all a pardon wont stop all the dirt coming out, and what's the point in Trump pardoning other people if he get wangle a pardon for himself?

I'm hoping Whitaker is just a careerist, who doesn't have the stomach or will to do the things Trump may ask of him.  He's not going to be an ornament, like Kelly-Anne Conway.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #49524 on: December 1, 2018, 01:05:25 pm »
I'm hoping Whitaker is just a careerist, who doesn't have the stomach or will to do the things Trump may ask of him.  He's not going to be an ornament, like Kelly-Anne Conway.

He's a turd.
Kill the humourless

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49527 on: December 1, 2018, 01:10:31 pm »

I read that obstruction of justice has a 5yr statute of limitations.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49528 on: December 1, 2018, 01:15:50 pm »
Associated Press
Republican takes House race by 1 vote after recount
9 hrs ago

JUNEAU, Alaska — Republican Bart LeBon has won an Alaska state House race by one vote after a ballot recount, officials said.

Before Friday's recount, LeBon and Democrat Kathryn Dodge were tied with 2,661 votes apiece.

Recount results showed LeBon with 2,663 votes while Dodge had 2,662 votes, after LeBon picked up two votes and Dodge picked up one, according to the Alaska Division of Elections.

A much talked about mystery ballot found weeks ago on a table in a voting precinct ended up playing no role in the race outcome. The ballot was tossed Friday after officials said it was determined to be a spoiled ballot from a voter who had made a mistake on it, told officials and then filled out a new ballot.

If LeBon's win holds up, the GOP will control the House, Senate and governor's office.

Dodge has five days to decide whether to appeal the outcome to the state Supreme Court. She didn't make a definitive comment after the recount, saying she and her team would "think on things," the Juneau Empire reported .

"People kept calling it close," Dodge previously said of the race. "I just didn't know it was going to be squeaky."

For the candidates, it's been a three-week rollercoaster ride marked by lead changes before the tie was declared and by the appearance of the mystery ballot.

Elections director Josie Bahnke had said she had wanted to ensure that every vote cast by an eligible voter was counted.

LeBon, a retired banker, said previously he expected a legal challenge from whoever loses the recount. He said Friday that he didn't think the race was over.

"I'm pretty sure this has got another layer to it," he said. "I would be thrilled if it was over, but is this over? I just don't think so."

If a legal challenge resulted in another tie, the winner would to be determined by a coin toss.

The current House speaker, Democrat Bryce Edgmon, won the 2006 primary through a coin toss on his way to being elected to the chamber later that year.

Remembering the coin toss is exciting, he said, but the experience is "not something I would wish for anybody to go through."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/republican-takes-house-race-by-1-vote-after-recount/ar-BBQhGqx?ocid=mailsignout
Kill the humourless

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #49529 on: December 1, 2018, 01:19:20 pm »
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49530 on: December 1, 2018, 01:24:56 pm »
He's a stand up guy.

https://theintercept.com/2018/11/30/hakeem-jeffries-charter-schools/

Sorry to be thick, but I'm missing the character flaw you imply.
Kill the humourless

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49531 on: December 1, 2018, 01:25:51 pm »
He's a turd.

I know he's a turd. I'm hoping he's a cowardly turd.

Popcorn's Art

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49532 on: December 1, 2018, 01:28:22 pm »
Associated Press
Trump aides caught in web of deception over Russia contacts
8 mins ago

On November 29, President Donald Trump's long-time personal lawyer and "fixer" Michael Cohen pleaded guilty to making false statements to Congress regarding the dates of when President Donald Trump and the Trump Organization pursued a deal to build a Trump Tower in Moscow during the 2016 election. Since 2017, special counsel Robert Mueller has investigated Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election, and whether the Trump campaign collaborated with Moscow to tilt the race in Trump's favor. Since taking over the probe last May, Mueller's team has charged five Americans once affiliated with Trump's campaign or administration, 13 Russian nationals, 12 Russian intelligence officers, three Russian companies, and two other people. Here's everyone who's been charged in the Mueller probe so far.
Slideshow by Business Insider

WASHINGTON — One lied about his knowledge of Russian-hacked emails, another about a Russian real estate deal, a third about dialogue over sanctions with a Russian ambassador.

A pattern of deception by advisers to President Donald Trump, aimed at covering up Russia-related contacts during the 2016 campaign and transition period, has unraveled bit by bit in criminal cases brought by special counsel Robert Mueller. The lies to the FBI and to Congress, including by Trump's former fixer and his national security adviser, have raised new questions about Trump's connections to Russia, revealed key details about the special counsel's findings and painted a portrait of aides eager to protect the president and the administration by concealing communications they presumably recognized as problematic.

The false statements cut to the heart of Mueller's mission to untangle ties between the Trump campaign and Russia and to establish whether they colluded to sway the election. They concern some of the central questions of the investigation, including why the incoming Trump administration discouraged Russia from retaliating over sanctions imposed for election hacking; who knew what when about illegally obtained Democratic emails; and how plans for a Trump Tower in Moscow came together and fell apart.

"I think you can draw a conclusion that these false statements generally relate to an effort to protect the president of the United States in connection with his dealings with Russia," said Daniel Petalas, a defense lawyer and former Justice Department prosecutor. "That's what makes them material to the investigation that Mueller is pursuing, which is a necessary element of a false statement claim — that it has to be material."

The most recent example came Thursday, when Trump's former lawyer, Michael Cohen, pleaded guilty to lying to Congress about negotiations he had on Trump's behalf for a real estate deal in Moscow.

Though he told lawmakers the talks were done by January 2016, he admitted they actually lasted as late as June — after Trump had already secured the Republican nomination and after Russians had penetrated Democratic email accounts for communications later released through WikiLeaks. He also said he had briefed Trump about the project's progress as well as members of his family.

Cohen said he lied out of loyalty to Trump, who insisted throughout the campaign that he had no business dealings in Russia, and to be consistent with his political messaging.

Though the Cohen plea didn't directly connect to Trump's campaign, other cases have.

George Papadopoulos, a former Trump campaign adviser, pleaded guilty last year to lying to the FBI about April 2016 conversations with a Maltese professor who told him Russians had "dirt" on Hillary Clinton in the form of "thousands of emails." Papadopoulos told the FBI he was not part of the campaign when he encountered the professor, Joseph Mifsud, even though the truth was that he had joined weeks earlier.

His lawyers said Papadopoulos, now serving a 14-day prison sentence, "lied to save his professional aspirations and preserve a perhaps misguided loyalty to his master."

Trump's former national security adviser, Michael Flynn, is being sentenced later this month after admitting lying to the FBI by saying he didn't discuss sanctions against Russia during the transition with Sergey Kislyak.

That deception was flagged for the White House in January 2017 by Obama administration holdover Sally Yates, who as acting attorney general told White House counsel Don McGahn that officials were misleading the American public by falsely declaring Flynn hadn't talked sanctions.

Flynn's guilty plea was especially significant in that it made clear other transition officials were aware of his Kislyak conversations and discussed with him what he would say. And while Flynn was fired in February 2017, his importance to Trump became evident when ex-FBI director James Comey said Trump had encouraged him during an Oval Office meeting that same month to end an investigation into Flynn.

More lies followed as prosecutors this week accused former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort of lying even after his guilty plea, though they have not said about what.

And a draft plea agreement against another Trump supporter, conspiracy theorist Jerome Corsi, accused him of misrepresenting a conversation with Trump confidant Roger Stone about WikiLeaks, which released thousands of stolen emails in the run-up to the election to harm the Clinton campaign.

A false statement charge can be a powerful cudgel for prosecutors, especially in investigations like this one where witnesses are recalcitrant and openly adversarial. In the Mueller investigation, perhaps emboldened by Trump's antagonist stance, witnesses have increasingly lashed out against the government's authority. Trump and Stone have publicly attacked Mueller's investigation, while Corsi rejected a plea offer and accused prosecutors of trying to bully him into saying what they want to hear.

"You've got a system where you're trying to take evidence from people, get their testimony under penalty of prosecution if you lie," said Duke University law professor Sam Buell. "And that's what you do when you have uncooperative people when trying to conceal something that you're trying to get to the bottom of."

More false statement charges could be coming. Sen. Richard Burr, chairman of the Senate intelligence committee, said the panel has made referrals to prosecutors and cited Cohen as an example.

"It's a loud message to everybody that is interviewed by our committee, regardless of where that prosecution comes from, if you lie to us, we're going to go after you," Burr said.

Though Trump regularly complains about Mueller's style, there's nothing unusual about prosecutors pursuing false statement charges to send a message and using their testimony to make cases against higher-level targets.

"This is what happened to the mob, this is what happened to the drug cartels," Buell said.

Not to mention, he noted, past Washington investigations like Watergate.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-aides-caught-in-web-of-deception-over-russia-contacts/ar-BBQks8U?ocid=mailsignout
Kill the humourless

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49533 on: December 1, 2018, 01:43:37 pm »
Sorry to be thick, but I'm missing the character flaw you imply.

He's just another centrist Dem backed by big money donors. He's not terrible but there's a real chance for change in the party and it was shot down. As I've said before I'm commenting on this from across the Atlantic and you no doubt no more about it than I do, I just saw this election cycle as a chance for the party to shift slightly more to the left but it hasn't really been forthcoming.

https://theintercept.com/2018/11/29/hakeem-jeffries-joe-crowley-house-democratic-caucus-chair/
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #49534 on: December 1, 2018, 01:49:02 pm »
So the dems don’t control anything now ?

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49535 on: December 1, 2018, 02:03:32 pm »

He's from my district and has done nothing to betray the trust of his constituents.

I'm not a fan of Charter schools, but they have shown a method of higher education and there are lessons to be learned.

A black male firebrand has little chance of survival election in the US, and you have to get elected by a majority in order to get inside and change the system. 

Jeffries has learned the system and is moving the goalposts away from the party of Grumpy Old (White) People.
Kill the humourless

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #49536 on: December 1, 2018, 02:03:55 pm »
So the dems don’t control anything now ?

Not in Alaska, no.

(which the article was about  :P)

Having said that, Alaska is roughly R+12 at a presidential level anyway.
Linudden.

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49537 on: December 1, 2018, 02:08:41 pm »
He's from my district and has done nothing to betray the trust of his constituents.

I'm not a fan of Charter schools, but they have shown a method of higher education and there are lessons to be learned.

A black male firebrand has little chance of survival election in the US, and you have to get elected by a majority in order to get inside and change the system. 

Jeffries has learned the system and is moving the goalposts away from the party of Grumpy Old (White) People.

Ok, I'm always wary though of politicians who receive 98% of their funding from PACs and big money donors. Lessons to be learned and being completely beholden to them is totally different though.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #49538 on: December 1, 2018, 02:14:16 pm »
Not in Alaska, no.

(which the article was about  :P)

Having said that, Alaska is roughly R+12 at a presidential level anyway.

Ah ok I was bit confused, fair enough. 

Least they can have a good view of Russia, the morons.

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49539 on: December 1, 2018, 02:14:49 pm »
The Washington Post
Swamp builders: How Manafort and Stone created the mess Trump said he’d drain
Manuel Roig-Franzia 
22 mins ago

On that particular April 1 in Washington, in the midst of a presidential primary season trending toward a Reagan landslide, Paul Manafort had a lot to celebrate.

The Republican operative with the thick, meticulously parted black hair and magnetic smile was turning 31. And by a quirk of bureaucratic fate, his new business happened to be officially launching on that same day in 1980.

The little shop that Manafort opened in Alexandria, Va., was envisioned as a political consulting business, like so many others in the capital. But in the coming months — as the candidate he worked for, Ronald Reagan, swept into the White House — Manafort had another idea to bounce off his two partners, Charlie Black and Roger Stone.

They should be lobbyists, too.

“I said, ‘Why in the hell would we want to do that? It’s boring as hell!’ ” Black recalled in a recent interview. “Paul said it wasn’t at all boring.”

Manafort had one more thing to say: “It paid well.”

That caught Stone’s attention.

“You bet,” Stone recalled. “I’m interested in making a living!”

None of them knew it then, but that one conversation, a chat among three ambitious young Reaganites — Stone was just 28 and Black only 33 — would have a transformative effect on the capital, nudging Washington into a generation-long evolution. Their business would morph into a then-unheard-of hybrid, a bipartisan firm that would help elect politicians — sometimes hedging by playing both sides in the same race — then lobby those same politicians. Radical, disruptive and frequently criticized as ethically unsavory at the time, the mix is de rigueur now.

“I don’t think they invented the swamp,” said John Donaldson, a veteran Washington strategist who was an early employee of the firm. “They invented an innovative way to navigate the swamp.”

One of the first clients of the firm they christened Black, Manafort & Stone was a New York developer named Donald J. Trump, brought into their portfolio by Stone, who’d met him through the notorious Gotham lawyer Roy Cohn.

The brash Reagan boys would become essential architects of the city Trump now dominates, a place where the line between the lobbyists and the lobbied is so blurred that some question whether it exists at all.

By the time their business was born, they were already expert navigators of loopholes — Black and Stone, along with GOP operative John T. “Terry” Dolan, had founded the National Conservative Political Action Committee, best known as Nick-Pac, five years earlier. The hyperaggressive group was one of the first to bundle contributions to circumvent limits on individual campaign contributions, and was a precursor to the rise of super PACs, which candidate Trump lambasted four decades later as prime examples of Washington’s swamp problem.

The partners’ new full-service influence business so prospered that they soon shrugged off their humble digs in a modest townhouse office across the Potomac from the capital and built their own swanky lobbying palace a few blocks away. From that perch, they set in motion a chain of events that led straight to the Trump White House.

It was Stone who ushered then-candidate Trump into the fringy netherworld of Internet conspiracy enthusiasts and far-right activists by arranging for him to appear on “Infowars,” the program hosted by Alex Jones that boasts a massive digital following and has a penchant for spreading outrageously false stories.

Stone would also help Trump reach out to mainstream Republicans by suggesting that he hire Manafort as campaign chairman. Manafort, who owned an apartment in Trump Tower but wasn’t close to the candidate, was sold to Trump by Stone and others as the perfect man to tap long-standing connections with party regulars in the event of a floor fight at the Republican convention.

Trump — who vowed to bring “all the best people” to Washington as president — is now knit in scandal with both Manafort and Stone. Manafort has been convicted in a fraud case and has pleaded guilty to conspiracy and obstruction of justice in another legal matter in return for cooperating in the special counsel’s investigation of Russian interference in support of Trump in 2016.

Stone, an early adviser to Trump’s election effort, has been the subject of intensifying grand jury scrutiny in the same special counsel probe related to statements he made in 2016 predicting the release by WikiLeaks of documents damaging to Hillary Clinton’s campaign.

But on that April day long ago, with grand juries and subpoenas far off in their futures, Manafort and Stone were about to make themselves star players in a Washington game of their own devising, a game with rules they were writing as they played it. In a button-down town, they were randy, flashy and flush with cash.

They would sell an idea as much as a service — the notion that everyone ought to have a lobbyist. Not just corporations and special-interest groups, but also African warlords and Western Pacific strongmen. The politicians they’d help to elect would be their allies in the sales game.

“That was a new game. Nobody had done that before,” said longtime Republican strategist Ed Rollins, who worked with Manafort and Stone in the Reagan campaign. “It’s the epitome of everything everybody wants to clean up.”

A lesson in loyalty

In 1970, a high school kid named Roger Stone arrived at the Connecticut state convention of Young Republicans, a group of fresh-faced conservative activists that had played an outsize role in shifting the GOP to the right in the previous decade.

Stone, born in Norwalk, Conn., the son of a well-drilling company owner, had shown up with more than his share of bravado — but without a hotel room. Dolan, Stone’s friend and a future Republican kingmaker, walked the teenager over to meet a guy who could help.

Paul Manafort Jr. had a pedigree in Connecticut politics. His father, Paul Manafort Sr., was a local Republican macher and mayor of New Britain, Conn. The younger Manafort served in a leadership role with the Young Republicans. To Stone, he looked like a budding master of the universe.

“Hey, kid, how ya’ doin’?” Stone recalled Manafort saying before getting down to sussing him out. “Why are you supporting Weicker?”

Manafort was referring to Lowell Weicker, a moderate Republican candidate for governor. Manafort, clearly, was testing the kid.

“You think I give a f--- about Weicker? I’m here to elect Meskill,” Stone shot back, meaning Thomas Meskill, a conservative U.S. Senate candidate admired by youthful Republicans, such as Manafort, who were trying to steer the party to the right.

Stone, who’d become an arch right-winger after reading Barry Goldwater’s “The Conscience of a Conservative,” had passed the test.

In a city saturated with visitors, Manafort almost magically found Stone a hotel room.

Stone eventually became entranced with Richard M. Nixon and earned the respect of the Nixon team with a dirty trick in New Hampshire: Stone made a contribution to one of Nixon’s rivals in the 1972 presidential campaign in the name of a socialist group and then passed the receipt to a local newspaper.

During Nixon’s first term, Stone said, he rented a room from the president’s influential campaign aide, Herbert L. “Bart” Porter, in the Palisades neighborhood of Northwest Washington. On the night of the Watergate break-in, Stone said, Porter was out of town and Stone spent the evening taking urgent phone messages from Watergate figures, such as G. Gordon Liddy, who organized the burglary at the Democratic National Committee headquarters.

What animated Stone and Manafort in those days wasn’t the mechanics of running the government. “Government is impossibly dull,” Stone is wont to say. What juiced him, rather, was the thrill of scheming how to win campaigns.

Manafort was a master strategist, but in the mid-1970s he made a miscalculation. Going against his friends Stone and Black, in 1976 he supported a full term for President Gerald Ford, who’d become chief executive after Nixon resigned amid the Watergate scandal.

Black said he and Stone “thought Ford was a loser.”

Manafort had been expected to become president of the national Young Republicans. Ford’s loss to Democrat Jimmy Carter turned Manafort into a liability.

“It’s almost Shakespearean,” said Donaldson, who would become Manafort’s colleague at Black, Manafort & Stone. “There had been all these people who had been asking Paul for favors. Ford loses, now nobody was returning his phone calls. He’s ostracized.”

Manafort wasn’t about to remain outside the power structure. He and Black crafted a plan: Stone, despite his dirty-trickster reputation, would run for the Young Republican presidency in his buddy’s place.

Manafort, meanwhile, got on a plane and persuaded Stone’s chief rival to run for treasurer rather than president.

“Paul Manafort’s a dealmaker,” Stone recalled. “He told him it’s better to be treasurer.”

In 1977, Stone was elected head of the Young Republicans.

The experience changed Manafort, friends say. “He remembered people who didn’t return his phone calls,” Donaldson said.

From then on, Donaldson said, Manafort saw the world in starker terms. There were Manafort loyalists. Then there was everyone else.

New dawn for lobbying

In 1980, Stone signed on as Northeast coordinator for the Reagan campaign. Black and Manafort would also join the campaign in senior roles.

Michael Deaver, the Reagan adviser, gave Stone a Rolodex of the candidate’s contacts in New York. Stone flipped through it and scoffed.

“Of 50 names, 40 were dead,” Stone recalled. “The rest were show business relationships.”

Only one name in the Rolodex interested him: Roy M. Cohn.

Cohn was Stone’s sort of guy. He’d been the prosecutor in the 1950s espionage trials of Ethel and Julius Rosenberg, and he’d been chief counsel to Sen. Joseph P. McCarthy, the communist-hunting rabble-rouser. When Stone arrived at Cohn’s Manhattan apartment, the lawyer was sitting with one of his clients, Anthony “Fat Tony” Salerno of the Genovese mob family.

Cohn suggested Stone go meet a friend: Donald Trump. The dashing young real estate developer, still in his early 30s and building his empire both in business and as a tabloid celebrity, was also busy conjuring the legend that he was a self-made success story, rather than the son of a wealthy man who set him up in business. In Stone, he encountered a bon vivant with a similar gift for grand illusion.

Trump made a contribution to Reagan. As the campaign moved along, he called Stone frequently, Stone said.

“He kept track of his investment,” Stone said. “He was constantly checking in. He’d say, ‘Carter’s a piece of s---. If you can’t beat that guy!’ ”

Just as Reagan’s candidacy was about to take off with a February victory in the New Hampshire primary, Black was fired as part of a campaign shake-up. He turned to his friends, Manafort and Stone, and the three decided to launch their own firm, with the Reagan campaign as an early client.

Reagan’s victory in 1980 supercharged the fledgling firm. Manafort, shunned after Ford’s loss, was fielding calls again. Blue-chip corporations wanted lobbyists with connections to the new administration. Eventually, the three partners pulled in clients such as household products giant Johnson & Johnson, the investment banking firm Salomon Brothers, and for a short time, Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp., according to lobbying registration reports.

Black, Manafort & Stone were an unusual combination.

“It was a marriage of convenience,” Donaldson said. “That’s not a group you would see talking together at a cocktail party.”

Black was the insider’s insider, a tactician with a long list of contacts, content to eat lunch at his desk. Manafort was the chess player, a triangulator extraordinaire who was getting a taste for the high life. Stone was the enigma, a flashy character in public with his Cab Calloway-style tailor-made suits, suspenders — he insisted they be called by their proper name, “braces”— and felt hats. He was a mystery even to those who worked down the hall from him.

“He was on his own wavelength,” Donaldson said. “He would sit through meetings not saying a word, then say something cryptic.”

Stone could be biting. K. Riva Levinson, who joined the firm in her mid-20s, remembered him staring at her during a meeting. She’d just bought a new outfit with a checked pattern — her first formal business ensemble. Stone turned to her and said, “Riva, you look like you could be on the cover of a box of Purina Dog Chow.”

Levinson couldn’t afford mascara, so she’d sometimes put Vaseline on her eyelashes. Stone told her she looked as if she had sex lubricant all over her face.

Stone said he recalled making similar comments but remembered the setting differently, saying his remarks were part of an annual office roast.

Manafort and Black each presided over teams of young associates. Stone preferred to work with a skeleton crew — usually just one assistant — all the better to keep his secret activities on political campaigns opaque and build his mystique. He burned through assistants.

Donald Trump and Stone in 1999 in Newark for the swearing-in of Trump’s sister as a federal appeals court judge. At the time, Stone was director of Trump’s presidential exploratory committee for a possible Reform Party candidacy.

Business poured in. Stone inked political clients, such as New Jersey Gov. Tom Kean (R), Sen. Arlen Specter (R-Pa.) and U.S. Rep. Jack Kemp (R-N.Y.), a future presidential contender. Corporate clients brought in the big money, but it was the firm’s reputation as a politically connected shop that lured them.

“I went out and signed the Trump Organization,” Stone said. “That was my big client.”

There was little that Stone wasn’t willing to do for Trump in those days, as now. When the New York developer bought a yacht — then one of the largest in the world — from the arms dealer Adnan Khashoggi, Stone maneuvered to get approval for a dredging operation so it could be docked at a marina in New Jersey.

“Those permits can take years,” Stone recalled. “I got it done in months.”

How?

“I’m Roger Stone,” he said.

Trump was a famous client but not necessarily a huge revenue generator for the firm, even as they worked on projects such as getting around height restrictions for a Chicago skyscraper and blocking competition for his casinos from Indian tribes.

“Donald Trump never pays anybody a lot,” Stone said.

Nor was he particularly easy to handle when bills came due, Black said.

“We had trouble getting paid on time,” he recalled.

A pattern developed, Black said. He would call Trump to ask him to pay an overdue bill, and Trump would start off saying he’d pay half.

“When I have cash, I’ll pay you the rest,” Trump would say, according to Black.

Black would respond: “I’m sure, Donald, you’ve got cash.”

Trump would then tell Black to come up to New York to see him. Black would fly to Manhattan to collect a check.

After Reagan’s reelection in 1984, the firm added Peter Kelly, the former finance chairman for the Democratic National Committee, as a named partner. It has often been said that the addition made the new firm — Black, Manafort, Stone & Kelly — the first bipartisan lobbying shop in town.

That’s mythology, Black says. In fact, he says, there was another bipartisan operation, headed by William Timmons, a former Ford administration official. But Black and partners scaled the idea, signing a larger roster of clients.

“I broke his business model,” Black said.

Breaking business models was profitable. By Reagan’s second term, they were rich men. Stone boasted to The Washington Post that each of the partners was on track to make $450,000 a year — an unfathomable amount for Washington in that era.

Stone made his presence known around town, holding court at his regular tables at the Palm and A.V. Ristorante, the Italian joint that was a favorite of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia. Stone’s caricature on the wall at the Palm was accompanied by the caption “Whiz Kid”; he jauntily recounted that he once found a steak knife stuck into the drawing.

Stone drove around in Euro-cool Citroën, then switched to a Jaguar and a chauffeur-driven Mercedes. He and his first wife, Ann “Bitsey” Stone, hosted an annual Calvin Coolidge birthday party that became one of the capital’s more coveted invites. He’d introduce everyone to his dog Milhous (Nixon’s middle name).

Stone was like a gatekeeper to Nixon, whom he’d befriended in the disgraced president’s post-Watergate years. He arranged off-the-record get-togethers at Nixon’s New Jersey home for some of the capital’s most prominent journalists.

With success came scrutiny and no small measure of disdain for the young hotshots widely touted as some of the capital’s biggest power brokers. In a Post profile, one Republican luminary called him the party’s “single best consultant,” and another dismissed him as “one of the great all-time frauds of American politics.”

“We were controversial,” Stone recalled with a shrug and a grin. “Yeah, I helped Arlen Specter get elected, and yeah, I lobbied Arlen Specter. So what?”

In another Newsweek column, the prominent Democratic campaign consultant Raymond Strother worried that the changes Black, Manafort, Stone & Kelly and other firms were bringing to Washington were a threat “to the democratic process.” Strother singled out the firm for raising money for two opponents in a Louisiana Senate race: Democrat John Breaux and Republican Henson Moore.

“When one firm works for both candidates, it’s not hard to guess who wins on election night,” Strother wrote.

Kelly remembers responding: “Do you have to lose to be American?”

“It was something new, and Washington doesn’t like new things,” Kelly said. “But within five years, every firm was bipartisan.”

Stone wasn’t about to apologize for their new prominence and power. Once “laughed at as an outcast” for supporting Reagan, now he threw lawn parties catered by French chefs and hired consultants just to advise him about flower arrangements.

“They were very good,” said James Carville, who faced off against the firm in a Senate race, “at painting targets on themselves.”

'The Torturers' Lobby'

One day in 1985, Kelly awoke to bad news. A story was breaking that Manafort was secretly working on behalf of the Chamber of Philippines Manufacturers, Exporters and Tourist Association under a contract that would pay the firm $950,000.

The name of the group was anodyne. But everyone knew it was a front group for Philippine strongman Ferdinand Marcos, whose corrupt regime was ransacking that country’s treasury.

Kelly says he had no idea Manafort had taken on the group as a client. Kelly was furious because, at the time, he was chairman of the Center for Democracy, an organization working to support the democracy movement in the Philippines.

“It was a terrible embarrassment for me,” said Kelly, who had to remove himself from the project to avoid a conflict of interest.

Colleagues began to joke about Manafort. “We used to say, ‘He never met a conflict of interest,’ ” Donaldson said.

Manafort, in spin mode, told Newsweek he’d merely been “trying to help both sides understand each other better” in the Philippines.

The firm was well on its way to becoming Exhibit A of a Washington phenomenon known as “The Torturers’ Lobby” — highly paid firms working for despots and tyrants. Manafort allies argued that the firm generally vetted his clients through the State Department and that it was not uncommon in that era for the United States to align itself with controversial governments that had bad human rights records but were nonetheless allies in the global battle against communism.

The Philippines misadventure led to some bad press. The firm was eventually forced to pull out of the contract. But it didn’t temper Manafort’s swagger.

“He’s an amazingly charismatic and exciting person to be around,” Levinson recalled. “He projects strength, power and confidence. . . . It was the place to be.”

In 1986, the firm once again showed its muscle when it took credit for getting Reagan to include Angolan rebels in his State of the Union address as “freedom fighters” who deserved U.S. support. That same year, the firm arranged for its client, Angolan rebel leader Jonas Savimbi, to appear on stage at the Conservative Political Action Conference seated alongside Vice President George H.W. Bush.

The firm also inked a $1 million-a-year deal with Mobutu Sese Seko, the leader of Zaire who had been accused of rampant human rights abuses.

It was more than just the big fees that attracted Manafort, according to Black. It was also the rush. “He liked adventure,” Black said.

In 1989, Manafort dispatched Donaldson and Levinson to Somalia in the hope of signing the warlord Mohamed Siad Barre to a $1 million consulting contract to polish his image and, hopefully, persuade him to cease human rights abuses.

“We all know Barre is a bad guy, Riva,” Manafort told Levinson, as she wrote in her memoir and in a recent Post column. “We just have to make sure he’s our bad guy.”

Levinson and Donaldson returned from a harrowing trip to a nation overwhelmed by violence without a deal.

“We should never have been pitching the president of Somalia,” Donaldson said. “But Paul kept pushing it.”

At home, Manafort played the role of the alpha male at boozy golf weekends for men at the firm.

“He’d take his cart and roll over your ball,” Donaldson recalled. “He would rearrange the rules to suit him. His golf game could be kind of like a cipher for some of his other activities.”

Manafort was starting to favor fancier clothes and pricey real estate.

“I think Paul started chasing money a little too much,” Black said.

Former associates recall a master pitchman. But Manafort’s belief that he could sell anything to anyone could get him into trouble.

In 1989, staffers begged him not to make a bold pronouncement when he appeared at a congressional hearing prompted by a scandal in which the firm made more than $300,000 in fees to steer Housing and Urban Development renovation funds to a New Jersey development in which Manafort was a part owner. In a staff meeting, Manafort declared that he wanted to concede that he was involved in “influence peddling.”

“We said, ‘That is a horrible idea!’ ” Donaldson recalled.

But Manafort insisted. He used the term during his prepared remarks, saying, “For the purposes of today, I will admit that in a narrow sense some people might term it ‘influence peddling.’ ” And he repeated it in response to questions, a hint of a smile crossing his face.

“It was a combination of being proud of what he did and not wanting to BS the committee,” Donaldson said. “He never thought there was anything wrong with what we did.”

Levinson ultimately concluded that Manafort “lacked a moral compass,” a characterization Black calls unfair.

“It’s not true that Paul always lacked a moral compass,” Black said. “I think he tried to do the right thing.”

The firm was sold in 1991 to the public relations giant Burson-Marsteller, but the partners stayed on. In 1996, Manafort left to start his own firm.

That same year, Rollins — who’d known Manafort from the Reagan campaign — wrote in his memoir about having dinner in 1991 with a Philippine power broker who said he’d delivered a suitcase with $10 million in cash from Marcos to give to the Reagan campaign. The man said the money went to a well-known lobbyist, whom Rollins didn’t identify. Rollins wrote that the money was no doubt sitting in “some offshore bank.”

For years, amid rampant speculation that the unnamed lobbyist was Manafort, Rollins steadfastly refused to name him publicly. But in a recent interview, Rollins confirmed that the lobbyist was Manafort.

“By that point in time, everybody knew that Manafort was pretty sleazy,” Rollins said.

Manafort, via a spokesman, called the allegation “total fiction.”

Back into Trump's orbit

The sale of the firm that changed Washington splintered the young crew that had put it together. Black stayed at the new firm. But Manafort was gone, and so was Stone.

“Roger’s style — that’s the reason we parted company,” Black recalled. “He had developed a desire to have a bad-boy image and be famous.”

Stone also had a knack for making himself infamous. In 1996, he was forced to drop out of a volunteer position with Sen. Bob Dole’s presidential campaign after a National Enquirer story said Stone and his second wife, Nydia, had placed an ad looking for sex partners in a swingers magazine. He denied it at the time, blaming a domestic employee who supposedly had access to his computer. Years later, he confirmed in a New Yorker interview that it was true.

Stone eventually moved to Florida, shuttling between there and an apartment he keeps in Manhattan. He consorted with like-minded conspiracy theorists and wrote books with provocative themes, such as “The Man Who Killed Kennedy: The case against LBJ,”“The Bush Crime Family” and “The Clintons’ War on Women,” which included an endorsement on the cover from Trump, who called it “one tough book.”

Manafort dived deeper into foreign business adventures, building a multimillion-dollar business and indulging his massive appetite for expensive clothes and luxury real estate. Manafort made millions working for Viktor Yanukovych, the pro-Russian leader of Ukraine — an entanglement that would lead to his conviction on fraud charges. Rick Gates, who had been a young researcher at Black, Manafort, Stone & Kelly, would be the prosecution’s star witness, testifying that he committed crimes on Manafort’s behalf and stole money from him.

Manafort and Stone stayed in touch. But years would go by when Black barely saw his former partners.

In 2016, Manafort got a call he couldn’t resist. Stone was pushing him to join the Trump campaign, as were other Trump confidants. According to a person close to Manafort, he had to reintroduce himself to Trump.

Manafort’s arrival gave Stone a crucial ally inside an operation he had left months earlier. Stone recalled getting phone calls from Manafort while his old friend was a having a private dinner with Trump and two other campaign officials at Mar-a-Lago, Trump’s Palm Beach resort.

Eventually, Manafort was forced off the campaign. He’d pushed for Trump to embrace a more temperate style but quit after his role was diminished in a staff shake-up that gave more power to Stephen K. Bannon, the former Breitbart News chief whose pugnacious manner aligned with Trump’s.

Though Manafort and Stone were no longer inside the campaign, the two friends had already left their stamp on the presidency to come.

“Roger’s relationship with Trump has been so interconnected that it’s hard to define what’s Roger and what’s Donald,” Manafort said in the documentary “Get Me Roger Stone.” “While it will be clearly a Trump presidency, I think it’s influenced by a Stone philosophy.”

On the eve of Trump’s inauguration, the three partners got together, along with their wives, for dinner at the Palm, one of their old hangouts. It was the first time they’d had a meal together in at least two decades, Stone said.

Before they ordered, they got word that an article was coming out saying that Stone and Manafort were under investigation as part of a probe of possible Russian influence in the 2016 campaign, and that the inquiry included intercepted communications.

It was worrisome. But it seemed to Stone as more of a curiosity than a serious threat. They didn’t think they had too much to worry about, he said.

After all, their man was now in the White House.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/swamp-builders-how-manafort-and-stone-created-the-mess-trump-said-he%E2%80%99d-drain/ar-BBQeNp0
Kill the humourless

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49540 on: December 1, 2018, 03:25:43 pm »
Whilst the rat's away.

CIA leaks report undercutting Trump defense of Saudi Prince bin Salman: 11 messages plotting journalist’s death

According to CIA intercepts leaked to the Wall Street Journal, embattled Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman sent at least 11 messages plotting the death of journalist Jamal Khashoggi to an associate who reportedly oversaw the murder.

Saturday morning, the WSJ revealed that the CIA had shared with them a report containing the messages, including one from August 2017 in which bin Salman stated “we could possibly lure [Khashoggi] outside Saudi Arabia and make arrangements,” if he couldn’t convice the journalist to travel to Saudi Arabia.

According to the WSJ, ” The electronic messages sent by Prince Mohammed were to Saud al-Qahtani, according to the CIA. Mr. Qahtani supervised the 15-man team that killed Mr. Khashoggi and, during the same period, was also in direct communication with the team’s leader in Istanbul, the assessment says. The content of the messages between Prince Mohammed and Mr. Qahtani isn’t known, the document says. It doesn’t say in what form the messages were sent.”

The Journal noted that the report was unclear whether the comments came directly from the crown prince or from someone describing his communications.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #49541 on: December 1, 2018, 04:08:22 pm »
Whilst the rat's away.

Not surprised that it's been selectively leaked, particularly with such evidence and Trump proclaiming the opposite

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49542 on: December 1, 2018, 07:24:52 pm »
White House press secretary Sarah Sanders blamed special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation for hurting the US's relationship with Russia in a statement on Friday, one day after Trump canceled a planned meeting with Vladimir Putin.

“The Russian Witch Hunt Hoax, which is hopefully now nearing an end, is doing very well. Unfortunately, it probably does undermine our relationship with Russia."
Gee, I didn't realize that an investigation into how Trump & Putin are illegally profiting from each other would undermine how Trump & Putin are illegally profiting from each other. :lmao
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #49543 on: December 1, 2018, 10:13:17 pm »
Looks like Wisconsin and Michigan GOP are trying to neuter the incoming government like that did in North Carolina.

There is one thing that is clear with the GOP: people driven politically by money and religion view democracy as a necessary evil and barely tolerate it.

"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49544 on: December 1, 2018, 10:17:04 pm »
They are really piling it on him.

Pentagon reverses itself and reveals Vladimir Putin ‘tried to muck around’ in midterm elections

Defense Secretary Jim Mattis on Saturday revealed that Russian dictator Vladimir Putin attempted to meddle in America’s 2018 midterm elections.

Mattis made the remarks while speaking at the Ronald Reagan presidential library in California.

“There is no doubt the relationship has worsened. [Putin] tried again to muck around in our elections this last month and we are seeing a continued effort along those lines,” Mattis said.

CNN chief White House correspondent Jim Acosta said “this is probably the revelation of the day.”

“I think that’s pretty striking given the fact that just before those midterms, the DHS Secretary … other Trump admin officials were trying to downplay this notion that the Russian’s were going to try and meddle in the midterm elections,” Acosta explained.

“So this is a pretty starting revelation from the Defense Secretary,” he added.

I think he is past the point on no return now.

Hey there you with the sad face
You stand alone by the phone in the corner and cry

Billy fucking no mates.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #49545 on: December 1, 2018, 10:35:13 pm »
They are really piling it on him.

I think he is past the point on no return now.

Hey there you with the sad face
You stand alone by the phone in the corner and cry

Billy fucking no mates.

What I see is three morally bankrupt and essentially wicked men.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49547 on: December 1, 2018, 10:43:22 pm »
What I see is three morally bankrupt and essentially wicked men.

I see the same with two puppeteers front and center and a sad lonely puppet looking like he wants to cry.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #49551 on: December 1, 2018, 11:14:06 pm »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49552 on: December 2, 2018, 12:12:53 am »
Don't want to be pedantic but that's stage left. I was expecting him to come back across.

Apologies its should have been house right.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #49553 on: December 2, 2018, 12:53:23 am »
Apologies its should have been house right.

Or house arrest...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49554 on: December 2, 2018, 06:37:43 am »
I was researching the work of Joe Navarro, one of the founding members of the FBI’s elite Behavioral Analysis Program. He has commented about Trump. In this earlier 2014 interview, Trump is not mentioned but Navarro explained 4 dangerous types of personalities and how to deal with them.

Which do you think most closely resembles Trump?

Narcissistic Personality

Expects to be treated as special and to be given priority.
In words and actions, overvalues himself or herself and devalues others.
Doesn’t care about you unless you can help him or her.
Is a poor listener unless s/he stands to gain.
Needs to control others and demands loyalty.
Rarely appears guilty nor apologizes for wrongdoings.
Seeks advantage rather than justice.

Emotionally Unstable Personality

Needs to be the center of attention in relationships, needs excessive caring and reassurance, and dreads abandonment to the point of making threats or acting out physically.
Regularly plays “victim” or “princess” to get special attention.
Relationships are a roller coaster of highs and lows, and you often can’t relax around this person. Indeed you often feel drained and/or frustrated.
Is angry disproportionate to the circumstances.
Arguments that should last a few minutes may go on for hours.
To deal with this person, you have to check if s/he’s in an acceptable mood.
Often fluctuates between expressing love and hate for the same person.

Paranoid Personality

Is unduly suspicious of people, neighbors, even news events, believing others seek to hurt or exploit him.
Is highly moralistic and judgmental.
Tries to strictly control family members.
Is very guarded, secretive, and scheming, and thinks others are that way.
Is a “wound collector,” vigilant to slights. Holds grudges for a long time.
Claims that failings at work, life, or in relationships have been others’ fault, an effort to keep her down.

Predatory Personality

Takes advantage of people, for example, parasitically uses others to provide housing, food, money, or sex. May fail to pay debts.
Has talked about having a mean or evil side.
Without concern, puts others at financial, physical, or criminal risk.
While often callous and cold, can be charming and seductive.
Routinely lies to get what s/he wants. Even enjoys lying.
Routinely skirts rules and laws even if that hurts someone.
Is arrogant, may think s/he is a “legend in his own mind.”

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/how-do-life/201410/dangerous-personalities

Frankly, I see Trump in all 4 of those, which is scary as hell.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49555 on: December 2, 2018, 08:36:00 am »
I'm only in three of them.

Popcorn's Art

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49556 on: December 2, 2018, 10:56:55 am »
Yesterday's Trumpcast linking Trump and his pals to Russian mafia boss Semion Mogilevich is fascinating. It also talks about how the GOP is compromised financially in such dealings.

I don't agree to torture but I seriously think Manafort should be subjected to waterboarding until the c*nt coughs completely  ;D

I'm really not sure how the general USA public could cope with the realisation of how much influence Russia has had.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49557 on: December 2, 2018, 01:14:10 pm »

I'm really not sure how the general USA public could cope with the realisation of how much influence Russia has had.

The deplorables would probably rather the Russians in power than the democrats.

I wish I was joking.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49558 on: December 2, 2018, 01:38:53 pm »
Yesterday's Trumpcast linking Trump and his pals to Russian mafia boss Semion Mogilevich is fascinating. It also talks about how the GOP is compromised financially in such dealings.

I don't agree to torture but I seriously think Manafort should be subjected to waterboarding until the c*nt coughs completely  ;D

Perhaps the fact that the GOP controlled all the comitees encouraged many testifiers to casually lie knowing there would be no follow up and investigation...and now that the Dems are in control...in January there could be more flipping than an IHOP on Sunday morning...
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49559 on: December 2, 2018, 07:35:40 pm »
This is funny.

Don Lemon cracking up over a clip of Manafort answering a question about whether Trump had investments in Russia or not.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VoQuElQYiIg&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VoQuElQYiIg&amp;feature=share</a>