Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2058313 times)

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #17520 on: June 17, 2021, 12:37:43 pm »
The lack of a dropdown option is going to be a pain in the arse

I’m hoping the first time I don’t go on to buy tickets is for the european ACS so I can have a dummy run

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #17521 on: June 17, 2021, 12:52:21 pm »

Loving the new stadium plan..pretty cool.

Its shite

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #17522 on: June 17, 2021, 01:49:40 pm »
Its shite

Agreed!  The older stadium plan and graphic for selecting seats was more simple and cleaner.  They've tried to tart it up too much and seems more cumbersome now.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #17523 on: June 17, 2021, 02:28:34 pm »
I’m hoping the first time I don’t go on to buy tickets is for the european ACS so I can have a dummy run

Wont be able to see the game on the site if you dont qualify for it though

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #17524 on: June 17, 2021, 03:07:09 pm »
Wont be able to see the game on the site if you dont qualify for it though

I know...let’s hope they start off with the domestic ACS then!! Ha

I’m all for not being able to see it unless you’re eligible

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #17525 on: June 17, 2021, 11:19:05 pm »
Aren't we playing Rangers pre-season? That might be our dry run :)
We are a team of one half.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17526 on: June 18, 2021, 07:38:58 am »

I think there's going to be 6 pre-season games, but I'm assuming there's only going to be 1 at Anfield

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #17527 on: June 18, 2021, 07:58:54 am »
Osasuna was the rumour yesterday, ACS is likely to be before any ticket sales for friendlies, plenty of people first time on the site so

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #17528 on: June 19, 2021, 12:23:42 pm »
Anyone know if they've sorted the problems getting in that occurred for hundreds of us at the Palace game ? Not heard a thing.

Offline Biscuitman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #17529 on: June 19, 2021, 02:04:47 pm »
Anyone know if they've sorted the problems getting in that occurred for hundreds of us at the Palace game ? Not heard a thing.
I emailed the club about it and was told that it was due to some COVID declarations not linking to people’s phones.
They “reassured me that they were aware of it and that it shouldn’t happen again and not to worry”
Considering the chaos that was caused with a reduced crowd and folk arriving well before a normal game I’m not too optimistic. Hopefully there will be a pre-season friendly to put it to the test again

Offline anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #17530 on: June 20, 2021, 09:10:33 am »
Hmmmm, I doubt that it was any Covid declarations issue that applied to the majority as from what I saw it was more to do with the tech not working.

I was told to go to TO but persevered at turnstiles and after about two minutes it eventually worked after taking my phone out of its case. For me it was definitely an issue to do with the NFC reader and my phone, nothing to do with validity of ticket.

Offline Biscuitman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #17531 on: June 20, 2021, 12:03:29 pm »
Hmmmm, I doubt that it was any Covid declarations issue that applied to the majority as from what I saw it was more to do with the tech not working.

I was told to go to TO but persevered at turnstiles and after about two minutes it eventually worked after taking my phone out of its case. For me it was definitely an issue to do with the NFC reader and my phone, nothing to do with validity of ticket.

I tend to agree with you about the NFC tech, I even offered to come down to Anfield to test it out before the next game.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #17532 on: June 20, 2021, 01:32:01 pm »

I fully agree with you. I don't know what they mean by some Covid declarations not linking to some phones.....if they're meaning the Health Declaration form you had to complete in advance, then I did that successfully and actually had a text back from the club confirming so. One of the fan stewards at the turnstiles told me it was the Health Declaration, so I showed her the text I got from the club which left her scratching her head !

It was the readers at the turnstiles that were blocking some from entering - I had to go to the TO to try and get a paper ticket.....along with hundreds of others with long queues. In the end, like 10 mins to kick-off, a steward with a pass card let us in at a Kop turnstile on the main stand side. 

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #17533 on: June 20, 2021, 01:48:39 pm »
I emailed the club about it and was told that it was due to some COVID declarations not linking to people’s phones.
They “reassured me that they were aware of it and that it shouldn’t happen again and not to worry”
Considering the chaos that was caused with a reduced crowd and folk arriving well before a normal game I’m not too optimistic. Hopefully there will be a pre-season friendly to put it to the test again

I'm with you too about not being optimistic and that thing about Covid declarations sounds like a red herring and excuse. I emailed the club at the time which they acknowledged, but when I followed up by asking the reason why loads of supporters couldn't gain entry.....no response.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #17534 on: June 20, 2021, 10:51:29 pm »
Wonder if they’ll delay the bulk sales for a week or so to see whether we open up or there’s further delay. No idea on what the score will be with stadiums come mid-August.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17535 on: June 21, 2021, 08:50:05 am »
Wonder if they’ll delay the bulk sales for a week or so to see whether we open up or there’s further delay. No idea on what the score will be with stadiums come mid-August.

I doubt it, probs announce the bulks then a few days later the gov will do their announcement on the 12th July and the club can alter their announcement or sales if required

Prem clubs met on Friday to discuss the topic - hopefully result in a consistent approach from each club

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17536 on: June 21, 2021, 08:52:27 am »
I expect an ACS and a 'pre-registration' period announcement this week, for ACS sales on the week of the 5th and bulks on the week of the 19th

Also, being away first game buys the club an extra week if they need it

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #17537 on: June 21, 2021, 10:18:26 am »
I'm hopeful we'll start to be ok from beginning of September if not before and obviously the Government's current lifting is the 19th July, so we will see what happens around then.

Excited to get ACS boxed off for all the cups asap and then see what turns up in this league game ballot!
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #17538 on: June 22, 2021, 02:06:14 pm »
So at moment UK is still asking anyone from abroad to pay for two tests (day2-8) regardless if they are vaxed, which adds extra time and money to potential fans from abroad.
This to me means there will be lots of tickets available for the season.
The rule is for amber list which is pretty much most countries.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17539 on: June 22, 2021, 03:05:31 pm »
So at moment UK is still asking anyone from abroad to pay for two tests (day2-8) regardless if they are vaxed, which adds extra time and money to potential fans from abroad.

I think the 'foreigner' numbers proportionally aren't that high versus the rest of the ground. The majority going to the game are generally from the UK/Ireland whether regular or 'tourist'. I would imagine people will probably not be so keen to travel on trains, ferries or whatever. So I'd imagine a lot more opportunities for locals.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 05:38:11 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #17540 on: June 22, 2021, 05:41:33 pm »
I think the 'foreigner' numbers proportionally aren't that high versus the rest of the ground. The majority going to the game are generally from the UK/Ireland whether regular or 'tourist'. I would imagine people will probably not be so keen to travel on trains, ferries or whatever. So I'd imagine a lot more opportunities for locals.
Doesn’t stop them buying tickets and sharing them with up to 20 friends and family who may live in England.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17541 on: June 22, 2021, 05:43:00 pm »
Doesn’t stop them buying tickets and sharing them with up to 20 friends and family who may live in England.

Given there are no credits this season, I wouldnt imagine that will happen too much.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline 77kop05

• Anny Roader
« Reply #17542 on: June 23, 2021, 07:30:05 am »

Coming from the Rep.of Ireland  I had high hopes of making the start of the season but that definitely looks a no go now. Was thinking, maybe , October/November but I'm even doubtful about that now 😔

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17543 on: June 23, 2021, 08:01:28 am »
I wonder if they'll push the bulk sale for the second half of the season only given the likely uncertainty over the next few months? Can't imagine they'd be having that many in Wembley if the Euros wasn't on. Maybe I'm reading the room wrong.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17544 on: June 23, 2021, 09:29:09 am »
I wonder if they'll push the bulk sale for the second half of the season only given the likely uncertainty over the next few months? Can't imagine they'd be having that many in Wembley if the Euros wasn't on. Maybe I'm reading the room wrong.

Restrictions being lifted on 19th July

Shouldn't be anything other than a full house from the start of the season

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #17545 on: June 23, 2021, 09:08:05 pm »
Restrictions being lifted on 19th July

Shouldn't be anything other than a full house from the start of the season
Restrictions being reviewed on July 19th. Nothing is definite yet and with numbers rising, it's not surprising people are wondering
We are a team of one half.

Offline cmccarthy81

• Anny Roader
  • c'mon no.19
« Reply #17546 on: June 23, 2021, 11:33:03 pm »
Given there are no credits this season, I wouldnt imagine that will happen too much.

This may have already been discussed, but with no credits available and covid phone entry/ID (less opportunity for touts?), I’m wondering if it will be a truer reflection of demand?

That sounds a bit cynical, genuinely interested if we will see any difference?

*appreciate international and vulnerable fans may not be able to attend.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17547 on: June 24, 2021, 07:10:00 am »
This may have already been discussed, but with no credits available and covid phone entry/ID (less opportunity for touts?), I’m wondering if it will be a truer reflection of demand?

That sounds a bit cynical, genuinely interested if we will see any difference?

*appreciate international and vulnerable fans may not be able to attend.

Really doesn't stop touts.... They give the buyer the login to the ticket account, they login on their phone and download that 1 ticket for 1 game

The only risk is them being asked for ID to match the name on the NFC ticket, which is the same as asking for a members card and ID

Big own goal by the club here, it's actually much easier for touts to distribute and a lot less risky as they can avoid the face to face interactions/swaps of cards

Offline 77kop05

• Anny Roader
« Reply #17548 on: June 24, 2021, 08:08:39 am »
Really doesn't stop touts.... They give the buyer the login to the ticket account, they login on their phone and download that 1 ticket for 1 game

The only risk is them being asked for ID to match the name on the NFC ticket, which is the same as asking for a members card and ID

Big own goal by the club here, it's actually much easier for touts to distribute and a lot less risky as they can avoid the face to face interactions/swaps of cards
I already know of people who've bought up a shed load of phones and sims for this.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17549 on: June 24, 2021, 08:22:21 am »
I already know of people who've bought up a shed load of phones and sims for this.

Yeah seen them flogging them all over Facebook

Hospo season tickets can still transfer as many times as they like, and to whoever they like - don't have to be named before the season like the rest of us do

So plenty will be touting them too

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #17550 on: June 24, 2021, 09:51:28 am »
It'll be pretty impossible to accurately ID check everyone once 54k people are attending the game as well

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17551 on: June 24, 2021, 10:01:06 am »
It'll be pretty impossible to accurately ID check everyone once 54k people are attending the game as well

Exactly - exact same issue as before, but easier to pass on now

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #17552 on: June 24, 2021, 10:30:11 am »
Do the club request you take ID with you or could somebody reasonably just blag they don't have it on them and be let in, if they were to bother asking for ID in the first place anyway.

I assumed when they brought this new system in it would stop touting quite a bit but sounds like it may have made it easier for them.

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #17553 on: June 24, 2021, 10:53:17 am »
Does seem pretty daft. Did they consult anyone with it?
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #17554 on: June 24, 2021, 11:02:59 am »
Do the club request you take ID with you or could somebody reasonably just blag they don't have it on them and be let in, if they were to bother asking for ID in the first place anyway.

I assumed when they brought this new system in it would stop touting quite a bit but sounds like it may have made it easier for them.

For the Palace match you weren't allowed in without ID

Does seem pretty daft. Did they consult anyone with it?

It's a Premier League directive. All clubs will be transitioning to it over the next few years.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17555 on: June 24, 2021, 11:25:52 am »
For the Palace match you weren't allowed in without ID

Easier to check 10k people when they have staggered entry times

Although none of our 4 tickets in 305 got ID'd on the way in, rocked up 20 mins before kick off though

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17556 on: June 24, 2021, 12:32:04 pm »

Hasn't this request always been there? I've never been asked for ID, neither have any of my mates, but I think there's always been the possibility that it could happen and they recommended you have ID on you?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #17557 on: June 24, 2021, 12:55:13 pm »
Hasn't this request always been there? I've never been asked for ID, neither have any of my mates, but I think there's always been the possibility that it could happen and they recommended you have ID on you?
this is the way I thought it was, T&Cs mention ID and possible refusal of entrance. Granted I have never been checked either

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #17558 on: June 24, 2021, 01:11:51 pm »

There is a much, much bigger plan for this. IF the touts think they will be getting it easier they are falling into the trap that club is setting for them.  This year is different due to the pandemic but they still have plans.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17559 on: June 24, 2021, 01:47:09 pm »
There is a much, much bigger plan for this. IF the touts think they will be getting it easier they are falling into the trap that club is setting for them.  This year is different due to the pandemic but they still have plans.

I'm sure they do have plans, I'm not so confident they'll succeed too much with it though. Usually a way around everything