Author Topic: Match Preview: UCL QF 2nd Leg City 0 v Liverpool 3 [10 April 2018, KO 19:45 GMT]  (Read 126280 times)

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Think Pep will go 3-5-2 with Sane and Sterling as wingbacks. Usual midfield three and two up top.

Could be space to exploit.

I'm sure our front 3 will relish being 1 on 1 with their central defenders.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
*************** A WARNING TO ALL GOING THE GAME ****************

All of those who are going, watch yourselves. There is talk of reprisals from what their lot deem as kick off on their team and fans. So be safe and be clued up - ESPECIALLY: those who have tickets in their end. They're looking for an excuse, give them fuck all and be safe.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
*************** A WARNING TO ALL GOING THE GAME ****************

All of those who are going, watch yourselves. There is talk of reprisals from what their lot deem as kick off on their team and fans. So be safe and be clued up - ESPECIALLY: those who have tickets in their end. They're looking for an excuse, give them fuck all and be safe.

I'm more worried about the above then the game itself, we really need to behave sensibly here. They will throw the book at us if there is anymore trouble.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
I'm sure our front 3 will relish being 1 on 1 with their central defenders.

That’s the formation he played in league match and Salah had good chances before sending off
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
I'm more worried about the above then the game itself, we really need to behave sensibly here. They will throw the book at us if there is anymore trouble.

But surely it’s hard to prove if our fans get on their  end
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
City will target Wijnaldum. He looked confident turning on it so they will think they can get on him.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
City will target Wijnaldum. He looked confident turning on it so they will think they can get on him.

Do you not think we will look for ball over top?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
But surely it’s hard to prove if our fans get on their  end

Put it this way if it is known that our fans were going into the home end and anything kick's off, you know full well where the media will point the finger, especially with what happened before. That is why I really hope people are sensible and careful.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
The key is shutting down Silva and KDB again. I imagine the pattern of play will be very similar from Klopp, Guardiola has to pull it out of his arse.

Where do you get all that data, mate? It's brilliant stuff! Can really tell how balanced our play looked in comparison to City's.

The xg timeline, shot maps and passing networks are all from 11tegen11 twitter feed.

[/center]

This is from a project I am working on with JCB which is still very much in its infancy - maybe 25% complete. But still throws up a lot of interesting information for us. It has also somewhat changed how I watch the game now as I see the final third in terms of those zones and see penetrative events occurring. In that game, we said to each other afterwords that the data would be interesting because we just didn't let City play any penetrative passes at all into key areas. When we looked at the passing networks after that it just confirmed that to us what we were seeing on the pitch. Centrally 35 yards from goal, central and half spaces just outside the box and the entire box (bar the left half space) were entirely locked down. Their only passing options were the flanks and around our block 35 yards from goal.

I have similar images for individuals - but it wouldn't do much to illustrate the point more than those team graphics do. It's basically showing how every City player was scoring 0 when passing into key areas and instead only found success on the flanks or 35+ yards from goal. Jesus' is interesting as it's just a sea of 0's :D
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Put it this way if it is known that our fans were going into the home end and anything kick's off, you know full well where the media will point the finger, especially with what happened before. That is why I really hope people are sensible and careful.

I dont get how they would qualify for tickets

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan

Maybe they've got of tickets that City didn't sell through touts, they're not going to care who sits together.

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
I always like to view whats happened in the past when managers have been put in certain situations. Funnily enough in 2015 guardiola was in exactly the same situation against barca. First leg 3-0. 2nd leg its guardiolas bayern chasing it at the allianz. early goal from a corner for bayern and then caught on the counter twice. Game over. I feel we need to score and i'm confident we will. Even in 2016 when Atletico played bayern they were chasing the game that night and got caught allowing griezmann to score. that high line they play will allow chances and we'll take them. even in that 5-0 game we lost. prior to the red card salah got in down the right twice and should have scored. Would love a clean sheet.
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

They went on general sale apparently. Probably the only way they could sell them all.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
They went on general sale apparently. Probably the only way they could sell them all.

Just hope our fans are safe and act sensibly

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
We'll win there too, they'll risk too much from minute one and we'll have too much space on the counter.

Also this time around at Ettihad we'll have a DM who can actually turn people which will destroy their press and put us into great position to kill them on the break. Gonna be a huge party in away end.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed

I qualify because I want to watch us everywhere and will do anything to get a ticket.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
So, do we think Salah will be fit? I wouldn't take anything from him being absent yesterday against Everton as we should have done that anyway even if he hadn't picked up a niggle. Salah said he felt good (who better to judge than himself?) and Klopp said he might be available... Praying he starts and is fit.

Also what's this about Roberton being a doubt I've been seeing on twitter and other parts of social media, anything to it?

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just hope our fans are safe and act sensibly

All it could take is for us to be winning and one of their troublemakers to hear the scouse accent and it'll all kick-off.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
Come on Redmen!!
Great op thanks baba, loved the areas of passes, really interesting.
Hated watching Utd win yesterday but can’t help but think it helps us. Start slow and steady, quick break and score and game over.
From the safety of watching tv at home I am looking for to seeing loads of Reds in their ground. Just hope it doesn’t all kick off, they are well pissed off and will be even more so by 930 on Tuesday, take care all and sing your hearts out.
Allez Allez Allez
YNWA
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
The xg timeline, shot maps and passing networks are all from 11tegen11 twitter feed.

[/center]

This is from a project I am working on with JCB which is still very much in its infancy - maybe 25% complete. But still throws up a lot of interesting information for us. It has also somewhat changed how I watch the game now as I see the final third in terms of those zones and see penetrative events occurring. In that game, we said to each other afterwords that the data would be interesting because we just didn't let City play any penetrative passes at all into key areas. When we looked at the passing networks after that it just confirmed that to us what we were seeing on the pitch. Centrally 35 yards from goal, central and half spaces just outside the box and the entire box (bar the left half space) were entirely locked down. Their only passing options were the flanks and around our block 35 yards from goal.

I have similar images for individuals - but it wouldn't do much to illustrate the point more than those team graphics do. It's basically showing how every City player was scoring 0 when passing into key areas and instead only found success on the flanks or 35+ yards from goal. Jesus' is interesting as it's just a sea of 0's :D

Out of interest, I looked to see what the events where which City completed passes in the central band just inside and just outside our box - which are crucial goal scorings areas to complete passes into.

54m30 seconds Silva pass
72m27 seconds Sane pass
74m07 seconds Sterling cross
82m48 seconds De Bruyne cross

The three most dangerous penetrative passes in the game were Firmino > Salah (goal) Solanke > Mane (miss shot) Salah > Mane (goal).

We are also looking at dribbling events to add in properly later. The most dangerous ones there seem to be:-
13m31s Sane - "Skill leading to shot"
19m58s Chamberlain - "Skill leading to shot"
40m30s Firmino - "Skill leading to shot"

Sane's is the counter where he carries the ball from the halfway line to the semi just outside our box and shoots wide.
Chamerlain's is his skill to get the ball out of his feet, away from Sane and fire into the goal
Firmino's is where he rolls away from Kompany just outside the box, dribbles away from Fernandino and then hits over the bad with his left foot from about 22 yards out slightly left of center.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
I qualify because I want to watch us everywhere and will do anything to get a ticket.

Are you in the away end?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
they don’t call you chopper for nothing to be fair.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Man City exposed at the back due to otter confusion --- Geggen ze

DEFENDING IN PACKS
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
City can definitely score 3/4+ on us if we're not at our best and given they have to go out and attack. Not sure they can do it without us scoring though. 10 years ago a 3+ first leg win would give the opposition no chance but the top teams are so much more attack orientated now.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2018, 08:05:09 pm by Chris~ »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Man City exposed at the back due to otter confusion --- Geggen ze

DEFENDING IN PACKS

I’ve been there...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
They are gonna come flying off the blocks.

Absolutely vital we hold up for the first 15-20 minutes and don't let them have an early goal.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
If we can score a goal in the first half and keep a clean sheet then I wouldn't be surprised if the ground was half empty by half time

When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I’ve been there...

The actual acquarium or geggenpressed by otters?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
They are gonna come flying off the blocks.

Absolutely vital we hold up for the first 15-20 minutes and don't let them have an early goal.

And even if they do score first, we shouldn't panic and capitulate because we can still score, and by scoring 1, it changes the dynamic for them.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
The actual acquarium or geggenpressed by otters?
;D

The aquarium!

W

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
If we can score a goal in the first half and keep a clean sheet then I wouldn't be surprised if the ground was half empty by half time kickoff

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
are we welcoming the coach?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Whadda ya want?  A bus  :lmao
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan

are we inviting McGregor to help us welcome it?

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Where is it?  US or UK?
Unless I’m very much mistaken then it’s Monterey bay aquarium in California...
W

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Unless I’m very much mistaken then it’s Monterey bay aquarium in California...

Sounds about right mate.  Been there too, but lost it in my memory banks.  I think its one of the largest otter habitats in the States.

Cheers for tha
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
City can definitely score 3/4+ on us if we're not at our best and given they have to go out and attack. Not sure they can do it without us scoring though. 10 years ago a 3+ first leg win would give the opposition no chance but the top teams are so much more attack orientated now.

Only 5% of teams have gone through playing at home after a 3-0 defeat away .(7 sides)

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
BabaYagu?  You get paid for this, dude? 
dios esta buena