Author Topic: Adverts you hate  (Read 195141 times)

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
Re: Adverts you hate
« Reply #1080 on: February 13, 2020, 09:29:28 am »
 Viz used to do great pisstakes of these.

They were usually brilliant.

More here... http://viz.co.uk/category/hairloom-collectables/

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #1081 on: February 13, 2020, 11:59:08 am »
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1082 on: February 13, 2020, 04:39:59 pm »
There's an ad on lately about selling off any old watches you have lying around, they show this big spider walking across a watch and it's horrible.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1083 on: February 13, 2020, 04:49:31 pm »
There's an ad on lately about selling off any old watches you have lying around, they show this big spider walking across a watch and it's horrible.

Yet another reason to avoid daytime TV.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1084 on: February 13, 2020, 05:23:41 pm »

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #1085 on: February 14, 2020, 02:15:10 pm »
I like Clive Owen. Why is he walking round market stalls, picking up bits of fruit and telling me to gamble? Was the money really that good?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1086 on: February 14, 2020, 04:56:16 pm »
Yet another reason to avoid daytime TV.

Im on long term garden leave at the moment, I didnt realise how awful the adverts are during the day. Carol fucking Voderman  :puke2
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1087 on: February 14, 2020, 05:00:12 pm »
Im on long term garden leave at the moment, I didnt realise how awful the adverts are during the day. Carol fucking Voderman  :puke2

It's scary how they target the elderly and confused. I'm amazed there aren't adverts extolling the virtues of Brexit and the Daily Express.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1088 on: February 14, 2020, 05:28:39 pm »
It's scary how they target the elderly and confused. I'm amazed there aren't adverts extolling the virtues of Brexit and the Daily Express.

Im probaIbly making a mountain out of a molehill, but in this advert she constantly changes the direction of her stare. I keep thinking she's talking to both members an elderly couple to get them to discuss the save for a funeral crap.  Seems a bit sinister
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1089 on: February 14, 2020, 06:14:16 pm »
They were usually brilliant.

More here... http://viz.co.uk/category/hairloom-collectables/

Fucking hell, I’ve had a shite day and that has set me off giggling good and proper. :lmao

• Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #1090 on: February 17, 2020, 05:31:09 am »
The My Builder advert using My Delilah as its tune.

Utter rubbish.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1091 on: February 17, 2020, 09:12:48 am »

I hope you aren't around 50 or older, I was off with depression a couple of years ago and every fucking advert was over 50's funeral plans.

I hate Vorderman and that other lying c*nt Schofield. She is a maths genius, she fucking well knows that equity release will fuck people over, yet the greedy c*nt happily takes the coin to wreck peoples retirements. As for that grey haired bell splash, he knows wbac rip you off, yet again, he's happy to add to the disgusting £1.7 million he already earns - fucking despise them both
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1092 on: February 17, 2020, 09:28:59 am »
I hope you aren't around 50 or older, I was off with depression a couple of years ago and every fucking advert was over 50's funeral plans.

I hate Vorderman and that other lying c*nt Schofield. She is a maths genius, she fucking well knows that equity release will fuck people over, yet the greedy c*nt happily takes the coin to wreck peoples retirements. As for that grey haired bell splash, he knows wbac rip you off, yet again, he's happy to add to the disgusting £1.7 million he already earns - fucking despise them both

Not yet

The WBAC ad is very partonising.  Not everyone can take a hit on their sale to stroke puppies.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1093 on: February 17, 2020, 11:33:48 am »

Not yet

The WBAC ad is very partonising.  Not everyone can take a hit on their sale to stroke puppies.

Ooh er, Matron!

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1094 on: February 17, 2020, 11:36:08 am »
Ooh er, Matron!

Haha, a deliberate choice of words

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1095 on: February 17, 2020, 01:34:38 pm »

Not yet

Fella I used to work with had a Jag XF, all the bells and whistles - he was selling it so we put it on WBAC to see what they offered, £12k under what Jag gave him !!!!!
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

• Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #1096 on: February 17, 2020, 06:06:05 pm »
Fella I used to work with had a Jag XF, all the bells and whistles - he was selling it so we put it on WBAC to see what they offered, £12k under what Jag gave him !!!!!

There's a similar advert for houses, I'd hate to think how much they underpay.

Now the rip off loan companies and their 10,000% interest rates have all been sacked off a new threat appears.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1097 on: February 19, 2020, 09:39:56 pm »
The new advert on UK TV, for Alexa.

If someone started kicking a ball against the outside wall of my house at 4.00 in the fucking morning, I wouldn't be turning the fucking outside light on for them.  :no

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1098 on: February 19, 2020, 10:34:07 pm »

If someone started kicking a ball against the outside wall of my house at 4.00 in the fucking morning, I wouldn't be turning the fucking outside light on for them.  :no

Alexa, release the hounds.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1099 on: February 20, 2020, 07:22:34 am »

The neighbours would all be hanging out the windows shouting fuck off you twat I'm trying to sleep.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1100 on: February 25, 2020, 10:28:47 pm »
That Nat West Bank advert with the obnoxious kid.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1101 on: February 26, 2020, 06:53:36 am »
Any of the McNasty's adverts. Hate the voice on the fella and all this "like getting your monies worth" shite does my head in No, you are not getting you monies worth, you are being thieving c*nts, trying to get more than you paid for you, fucking minegbags.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1102 on: February 26, 2020, 09:11:45 am »

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #1103 on: March 3, 2020, 09:54:19 am »

WBAC are owned by British Car Auctions.

So British Car Auctions underpay for the cars they buy, put the cars through their own auctions, then cream off a commission on the sale. It's a racket.

But selling a car privately is a proper pain in the arse.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1104 on: March 3, 2020, 11:28:32 am »
WBAC are owned by British Car Auctions.

So British Car Auctions underpay for the cars they buy, put the cars through their own auctions, then cream off a commission on the sale. It's a racket.

But selling a car privately is a proper pain in the arse.

Then a rich c*nt advertises that its a wonderful way to sell a car.

Private sales are shit too, but a decent dealer will buy the car and give more than WBAC - we found this out selling her Dads 5 series when he was no longer fit to drive.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #1105 on: March 3, 2020, 01:01:40 pm »
Then a rich c*nt advertises that its a wonderful way to sell a car.

Private sales are shit too, but a decent dealer will buy the car and give more than WBAC - we found this out selling her Dads 5 series when he was no longer fit to drive.

The problem is, I always source my cars from brokers (after hours of searching out the right deal and trying to screw it down as far as I can) and brokers don't usually take PX. Normally it's a PCP and usually there's a margin to be had in buying the car for the PCP price at/towards the end of the contract then selling it privately to make enough to pay for the deposit down on the next one.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1106 on: March 3, 2020, 01:39:11 pm »

The problem is, I always source my cars from brokers (after hours of searching out the right deal and trying to screw it down as far as I can) and brokers don't usually take PX. Normally it's a PCP and usually there's a margin to be had in buying the car for the PCP price at/towards the end of the contract then selling it privately to make enough to pay for the deposit down on the next one.

We sold the car direct to the dealer, he was no longer fit to drive and we had no use for the car. A lot of dealers are offering more for cars than WBAC to get new stock to sell.

In your situation, its got to be private sadly to get the most out of it.

• Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #1107 on: March 3, 2020, 01:54:36 pm »
The Funding Circle advert with the baby singing.

Freaks me out, I know it's CGI or whatever, but don't like it.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #1108 on: March 3, 2020, 02:17:05 pm »

Absolutely horrible, like something out of The Omen.
Legacy fan

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1109 on: March 3, 2020, 02:29:36 pm »
Arty-farty ads that go around the houses, do my head in.

They waffle on about this,  that,  the other,  waffle, waffle,  and then at the end go, oh by the way,  we're selling this!

There's an Asda one doing the rounds at the moment,  and until the very end,  had no idea what it was advertising.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1110 on: March 3, 2020, 03:17:51 pm »
No idea what its advertising, but theres a woman miming along to Right Said Fred sang in a really low voice. Its very creepy. 

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #1111 on: March 3, 2020, 03:19:26 pm »

Oooo - that's creepy  :o

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1112 on: March 3, 2020, 03:23:53 pm »
That Nat West Bank advert with the obnoxious kid.

Awww come on, she's cute as a button.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1113 on: March 3, 2020, 03:27:21 pm »
Only just seen our Standard Chartered one with a hologram of Bob. Fucking hell what were they thinking.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1114 on: March 3, 2020, 03:45:14 pm »

I expect it to rise up and rip someones face off

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #1115 on: March 3, 2020, 08:24:14 pm »
Peloton Bike.... ffs..  :butt

yeah let's spend approx 2k on the bike... £40 pm subs (1st year you have too)... just f*ck off.. on yer bike  ;D
loads of spoof ads on 'Twatter/Facefook'... one of a guy peddling like fook,, then his balls hang out..  ;D   .. made me laff.
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #1116 on: March 3, 2020, 10:52:14 pm »
The IBM one on every single podcast right now, especially since TAW has had to move to its free feed.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1117 on: March 7, 2020, 02:58:00 am »
the Confused.com ad with Michael Fassbender

It’s like he’s speaking in slow motion,

con                           fused                 dot                 com

Also, he looks about 70 and he’s only in his 40s.

• Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #1118 on: March 7, 2020, 06:18:48 am »
the Confused.com ad with Michael Fassbender

It’s like he’s speaking in slow motion,

con                           fused                 dot                 com

Also, he looks about 70 and he’s only in his 40s.

Is that Fassbinder driving round in the desert?!

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #1119 on: March 7, 2020, 04:52:09 pm »
Oooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn  the market

Just can't get that tune out of my head.

No, I'm not Kylie either.

Oooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn  the market....

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend