Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 762359 times)

Offline SteveLFC

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #2520 on: January 27, 2019, 08:15:00 pm »
 ???
We´ll see, and you could turn out to be right. But right now, to me it looks like people are pining for midfielders to have the sort of impact Van Dijk and Salah have had for us elsewhere on the pitch, and wanting Keita to the solution to the perceived problem that none of the current midfield starters offer that. When in reality what´s asked of the midfielders in our specific set-up is to be all-rounders who put out fires and offer a little bit of everything, so maybe at best what we can hope for are players who do that a bit better than what the current lot do.

So the opinions come from a perceived problem which isn´t really one, it´s just the way we play. But it leads for example to nit-picking about comparisons such as this one, when it was perfectly clear what was meant, even if the two situations aren´t exactly the same in every way. At the root of it IMO is a complete under-estimating of how good our current midfielders really are, in doing what´s asked from them in our set-up. Which leads to it being taken as digs to suggest Keita might not make it like Aquilani didn´t, or Oxlade-Chamberlain might not get back in the team, when the reason for that is just that those who now play are very effective despite their limitations.

???

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #2521 on: January 28, 2019, 12:28:24 pm »
I think you get what i meant though. I don't want LFC to sell one of the best creative players in midfield when he is just coming back from a really bad injury. I want him to be an LFC player and win us things with the rest of the team. The money was invested in the player, not in resale value.

Lets get behind him.

I do. That being said, I don't know whether he'll have two or three years left on his contract now and he had only just worked himself into the XI at the time the injury fell. Margins are thin for the players who aren't Messi's, Salah's or De Bruyne's, who operate at a higher level compared to their positional competition. Even after a cruciate injury, having superior technique or vision to other players still allows for competitive advantages when compared to players that are good, but not world class, such as our midfield individually. Even the slightest loss of pace or stamina could prove a major blow. Football is a brutal business, but I really hope he'll have had time to build up his stamina at least when he comes back, because that's always the number one thing for a midfielder. The positive part is that usually players get more clever off the ball when they're older. Both Henderson and Wijnaldum spent quite a bit of time trying to become pacy firebrands in their youth, so maybe that's the direction Ox could head in and regain a future in our XI even if the pace was gone? Back in 2012 I thought Henderson could be a potential future DM/deep-lying playmaker on a Swedish Liverpool forum and people were laughing at me, so everything can happen  ;D
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 12:30:03 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2522 on: February 5, 2019, 01:42:50 pm »
Just seen on LFC Reddit that he's been named in the CL squad.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2523 on: February 5, 2019, 01:50:30 pm »
Just seen on LFC Reddit that he's been named in the CL squad.

Awesome, will be so good to see him sitting there on the bench, hope we get a few glimpses of him again soon.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #2524 on: February 5, 2019, 06:31:03 pm »
We’re missing a player like the Ox to drive play forward and be the link to the attack!

I really get why klopp wanted Fekir so badly but Ox can do this job so the sooner he gets back the better.

I have faith in Kante but for whatever reason it’s just not happening right now.

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #2525 on: February 5, 2019, 06:49:43 pm »
I have faith in Kante but for whatever reason it’s just not happening right now.

Woah, we signed Kante?  Jeez that one went under the radar 😀
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #2526 on: February 9, 2019, 10:22:38 am »

Woah, we signed Kante?  Jeez that one went under the radar 😀
Autocorrect ?  ;D ;D
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2527 on: February 11, 2019, 03:23:48 pm »
He is part of the squad going to Marbella - seems like a good sign.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2528 on: February 12, 2019, 09:12:47 am »
He is part of the squad going to Marbella - seems like a good sign.

Although Brewster has gone as well and I thought he was definitely out for the season?
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2529 on: February 12, 2019, 03:02:00 pm »
Marbella

Offline Advil

• The Pain in Houllier's Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #2530 on: February 12, 2019, 03:05:24 pm »
Happy to see him training. Any experts here feel that he might lose his explosive pace after the injury or most probably he will be the same player?
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2531 on: February 12, 2019, 03:15:02 pm »
Can't wait till he is back.
Just had a watch of a youtube clip and he is just class in that central area.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2532 on: February 12, 2019, 03:16:15 pm »
Marbella

Wow, is he in full training now then? Contact etc. and so on?
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Online Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2533 on: February 12, 2019, 03:17:25 pm »
Wow, is he in full training now then? Contact etc. and so on?

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain took part in the session as Liverpool began training at their Marbella camp on Tuesday morning.

The midfielder joined his teammates in the drills in Spain as he continues to work his way back to full fitness following a long-term knee injury.

The Reds began the day with a warm up and a series of core exercises, before ball-work drills and rondos.

Rhian Brewster, Ben Woodburn and Nat Phillips also participated in the session; however, James Milner, Georginio Wijnaldum and Fabinho were absent.

Speaking about the inclusion of Oxlade-Chamberlain in the workout, Jürgen Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com: “The boys had to do a bit of core work, passing and the rondos and it’s nice [they could be involved].

“These things Ox can do, and Rhian can do, and Ben can do and Nat Phillips could do most of them. That’s all good.

“This afternoon they will have to do their own stuff again and hopefully we can integrate them step by step.”

Offline gaztop08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2534 on: February 12, 2019, 04:15:50 pm »
What are Rondos in relation to training sessions?

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #2535 on: February 12, 2019, 04:23:31 pm »

Close quarter keep ball exercises with the inner group trying to intercept the ball being passed around by the outer group.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2536 on: February 12, 2019, 04:28:54 pm »

Named after Ron Atkinson, who invented the drill, it involves the players doing a sequence of 'lollipops' around cones, timed by stopwatch.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2537 on: February 12, 2019, 04:29:18 pm »
Marbella

What a morale boosting photo that is, welcome back Alex.  ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2538 on: February 12, 2019, 04:46:20 pm »

What a morale boosting photo that is, welcome back Alex.  ;D

Very fucking bella...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #2540 on: February 12, 2019, 04:52:10 pm »
While he might still be some distance away from PL/CL minutes, great to have him around training - 1) he can already start to pick on the tactical adjustments we made this season and 2) the quality he brings would make standard of training session higher - if only very slightly which is great to keep the likes of Shaqiri and Keita even more razor focused.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2541 on: February 12, 2019, 04:58:23 pm »
Named after Ron Atkinson, who invented the drill, it involves the players doing a sequence of 'lollipops' around cones, timed by stopwatch.
The trigger for the training was, I believe, do ron ron do's, do do ron ron.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 05:06:22 pm by Sharado »
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #2542 on: February 12, 2019, 05:00:47 pm »
He'd be a big boost. Even if he just made the bench. Would also help Naby with the competition. I get the feeling he might be on the bench for the CL tie.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2543 on: February 12, 2019, 05:17:36 pm »
He'd be a big boost. Even if he just made the bench. Would also help Naby with the competition. I get the feeling he might be on the bench for the CL tie.

He won't not according to Klopp. He said if we were to be in the semi final he'd be available.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2544 on: February 12, 2019, 05:25:51 pm »
Marbella

What a sight for sore eyes that is! Brilliant player, can't wait until he's back on the field, smashing in goals from 25 yards like it's nothing.  :D

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2545 on: February 12, 2019, 05:29:03 pm »
Brilliant stuff. Was becoming such a key player last season, that injury was such a cruel one.

Selfishly would love him back soon but really I just hope he can move on from the injury and get back to the levels he was reaching, whether that means him playing a part this season or waiting another few months. Great player and a great lad too.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2546 on: February 12, 2019, 05:46:32 pm »
The size of the scar down the side of his knee is massive.

Looks very painful
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #2547 on: February 12, 2019, 05:48:06 pm »

Looks very painful

Girls love scars.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #2548 on: February 12, 2019, 06:18:04 pm »
Yeah it was originally a complex circular dribbling drill - a bit like a maypole, only using big Ron's comb over.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Online In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2549 on: February 12, 2019, 06:26:44 pm »
He won't not according to Klopp. He said if we were to be in the semi final he'd be available.

Im sure Klopp said OX could be fit for the CL QF.
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #2550 on: February 12, 2019, 06:34:37 pm »

Semi

Online Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2551 on: February 12, 2019, 06:35:26 pm »

He did yes

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2552 on: February 12, 2019, 06:37:13 pm »

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #2553 on: February 12, 2019, 06:43:51 pm »
Me too.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #2554 on: February 12, 2019, 06:57:54 pm »
Semi

That quote by Klopp has me excited as well.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2555 on: February 12, 2019, 07:03:35 pm »
He can get a little carried away at times can Klopp, like all managers he would like his players back as soon as possible. I think we need to see how it goes, no point in rushing him back. Just being back training with the guys is a positive.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #2556 on: February 12, 2019, 07:09:34 pm »

Looks very painful

Yea, it's quite the Victor Frankenstein. Just hope the surgeon who carried out the complex knee operation was better than the apprentice who did the stitches.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #2557 on: February 12, 2019, 07:17:26 pm »
Still impossible to say how he'll come back but its really exciting to see him training again

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #2558 on: February 12, 2019, 09:48:57 pm »
That's great news. Still highly unlikely we'll see him properly until next season, very often the case that something else goes for a little while even if the knee is back to full strength as the body kind of overcompensates and puts more strain elsewhere.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2559 on: February 12, 2019, 10:45:11 pm »
Sub at Old Trafford?

Great to see him kickabouting.
It makes me have a giddy chuckle every time I think of him along Keita and Gini in midfield.