Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 761370 times)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #2400 on: January 2, 2019, 11:55:46 am »
Do you mean we aren't? :)

I don't want to get too excited, but if he's started running around now, how many months of running around does he need to do before he's go to go again? Surely the answer isn't "5.5 months or more"?

Do any medical/sports science trained Reds know what the next steps are likely to be?

I imagine potentially quite a lot of training and rehab to build up the stability of the knees, which would be no mean task, and then potentially quite a long stretch to get back to match sharpness?

The way I'm thinking about it, he'll probably be in more or less pre-season mode within no more than 2-3 months, ready to play within another 1-2 months, and probably on the bench at the end of ths eason. Then it will be less a matter of whether he's ready to play, and more whether he'll be good enough to integrate into the side again. I imagine that's the job of the last couple of months of this season and then pre-season, so that he's a genuine option to rotate with Naby/Gini/Shaq by the start of next season. In the very best case scenario, he makes ridiculous strides and scores the winning goal in the CL final, but I think that's unlikely, mostly because getting to his early 2018 levels again will just take time.

the knee rehab aside, he will need fitness/conditioning, timing, u23 games etc. I can't see him playing a competitive game for us again this season until April - and even then it will be sub appearances.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2401 on: January 2, 2019, 01:13:18 pm »
It's a big leap from jogging in a straight line to playing in the PL. If he comes off the bench on the final day of the season to a standing ovation that's good enough. Will then work he's way up to full speed over the first 2-3 months of next season.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2402 on: January 2, 2019, 01:33:41 pm »
I have faith in the Ox  :champ What a great  English player

Offline mark2311

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2403 on: January 2, 2019, 06:41:18 pm »

Yes indeed thanks. The joys of trying to edit a post on a phone

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #2404 on: January 2, 2019, 11:40:40 pm »
I am so excited we might be getting Oxlade back. He was doing so well and will be joining a team that is doing so well right now. One thing i have admired about Jurgen is he never rushes things. He seems to bring players through at the right moments and at the right pace. It would be far easier to just throw them in and not really manage things if it goes wrong. So i don't think we will be seeing Mr Chamberlain back just yet, only when he is ready. But an exciting prospect all the same.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #2405 on: January 3, 2019, 03:53:02 am »
the knee rehab aside, he will need fitness/conditioning, timing, u23 games etc. I can't see him playing a competitive game for us again this season until April - and even then it will be sub appearances.

Having him back by April would be frankly miraculous considering we didn't think we would get him back until next season.

I think if he could at all lighten the rest of the midfield's load with a couple of appearances in smaller games, it would be terrific, and hopefully would get him a medal.

Online RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #2406 on: January 3, 2019, 07:35:53 am »
He damages his ankle playing for us. In normal circumstances this is work related injury and should be offered as much time as he needs. He is still young and will come back strong

Unfortunately for us mere mortals it is back to work in 3 weeks or pay docked.

Offline U-238A

• Main Stander
« Reply #2407 on: January 3, 2019, 07:57:35 am »

I don't want to get too excited, but if he's started running around now, how many months of running around does he need to do before he's go to go again? Surely the answer isn't "5.5 months or more"?

Do any medical/sports science trained Reds know what the next steps are likely to be?

I imagine potentially quite a lot of training and rehab to build up the stability of the knees, which would be no mean task, and then potentially quite a long stretch to get back to match sharpness?

The way I'm thinking about it, he'll probably be in more or less pre-season mode within no more than 2-3 months, ready to play within another 1-2 months, and probably on the bench at the end of ths eason. Then it will be less a matter of whether he's ready to play, and more whether he'll be good enough to integrate into the side again. I imagine that's the job of the last couple of months of this season and then pre-season, so that he's a genuine option to rotate with Naby/Gini/Shaq by the start of next season. In the very best case scenario, he makes ridiculous strides and scores the winning goal in the CL final, but I think that's unlikely, mostly because getting to his early 2018 levels again will just take time.

Hard to say based on that short video. There's a huge difference between sprinting and changing directions compared to what we're seeing in that video. For all we know, he's already at that stage, but unlikely, otherwise they'd have filmed him. Minimum 8 weeks before he's ready to actually play and half a pre-season (4 weeks) before he's ready for some sub appearances is my estimate. I'd say either in April or not at all. He and those looking after him may bin the entire season off if he's not ready, giving him even more chance of being 100% ready by next season.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #2408 on: January 5, 2019, 11:28:56 pm »
I hope he gets a couple of competitive games this year, not because it’ll be a boost for the team, but more because it’ll get him over that mental hurdle before preseason next year.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #2409 on: January 6, 2019, 05:13:29 pm »
Hope OX fully recovers and doesn't rush himself back.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #2410 on: January 18, 2019, 10:01:44 pm »
Klopp making very positive sounds about his return this season again today, sounds as though he’s ahead of Brewster in that respect.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2411 on: January 18, 2019, 10:39:43 pm »
Klopp making very positive sounds about his return this season again today, sounds as though he’s ahead of Brewster in that respect.

Imagine the roar from the Kop if we can get him out for a few minutes come late March/April. Especially if we still sit top at the time.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2412 on: January 19, 2019, 12:21:24 pm »
I dream that he'll play Mo in for the goal that goes on to prove to be the title winner
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2413 on: January 21, 2019, 09:46:22 am »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2414 on: January 21, 2019, 09:48:25 am »

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2416 on: January 21, 2019, 10:01:07 am »
Not afraid to say that video has made me a little moist. Dear god I miss his penetration.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #2417 on: January 21, 2019, 10:03:20 am »
Get in Ox, cant wait to see you play again for LFC!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2418 on: January 21, 2019, 10:06:06 am »
Fuck it, I’m gonna see how this feels  8)

We shouldn’t expect too much guys, it’s unlikely he’ll ever be the player he was before the injury. I hope he doesn’t rush himself back, probably be two years before he can even contribute....

Nah that sucks

Fucking ace news, fantastic character he’s got to have reached this point with a constant smile on his face
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2419 on: January 21, 2019, 10:46:24 am »
Being conducted by the most german person ever.

Not afraid to say that video has made me a little moist. Dear god I miss his penetration.

"ya ya ya... gut gut... ya ya... oooohhhh... ya ya ya... ohhh... gut...  that's it... nice... ahhhh!"
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2420 on: January 21, 2019, 10:48:27 am »

Hi Perrie! :wave
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2421 on: January 21, 2019, 11:02:09 am »
Hi Perrie! :wave

I'm not Perrie, this is just a little mix up.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #2422 on: January 21, 2019, 11:17:38 am »
U got snapchat?

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2423 on: January 21, 2019, 11:28:59 am »
That video made me smile.

Be great to get him back for the run in, even as a impact player off the bench will be a real boost.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2424 on: January 21, 2019, 11:34:54 am »
Ox always had that small burst of pace over short ground, it was a worry that he'd lose that when receiving and controlling the ball after the injury, but judging by that video, he hasn't lost any of that pace.

I know it's a small sample size because he's not covering much ground, but he still looks as sharp and as fast as ever.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2425 on: January 21, 2019, 11:43:25 am »
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2426 on: January 21, 2019, 12:58:51 pm »
Ox always had that small burst of pace over short ground, it was a worry that he'd lose that when receiving and controlling the ball after the injury, but judging by that video, he hasn't lost any of that pace.

I know it's a small sample size because he's not covering much ground, but he still looks as sharp and as fast as ever.

Dude, I think he'll be absolutely fine, but there's very, very little to take away from that video.

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2427 on: January 21, 2019, 01:35:50 pm »
That video has made my Monday. No doubt still quite a way to go in reality.......... but you wouldn't know it from watching that

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #2428 on: January 21, 2019, 02:44:53 pm »
Inspiring! I've been umming and aahing about getting a sexy new samsung telly. Im very hesitant about buying things and generally do an inordinate amount of research before pulling the trigger. This video has made me want to just buy it today to celebrate.

Like if Ox can come back so quickly I can buy the bloody telly!!!

(I realise it makes no logical sense but its how I feel)

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #2429 on: January 21, 2019, 02:46:22 pm »

Hi Arsene!  :wave

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2430 on: January 21, 2019, 02:54:10 pm »
Hi Arsene!  :wave

First Perrie then Arsene, who next  ;D

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #2431 on: January 21, 2019, 03:11:46 pm »
Great to see progress being made about the Ox.

A lot has been talked about these pages and concerns raised whether he could be the same player going forward.
One aspect of the modern rehab is to look at the bio-mechanical side of things and because of this, a lot of players with similar injuries (NFL/NBA) have actually come out great after such knee injuries. What this entails is a complete look at the quirks/faults of the players which create bio-mechanical stresses and ironing them out. Kind of retraining the running and balance and making them a more efficent machine.
So, in a nutshell, no-one really knows what happens with Ox in the future, whether he retains his explosiveness or how long he takes to get to his previous top but we can certainly hope that his chances of doing so are rather good in 2019 compared to say in 2009.

Online .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2432 on: January 21, 2019, 04:21:42 pm »
Joe Gomez fucked his knee twice and is still fast as fuck, I'm pinning my hopes on that.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #2433 on: January 21, 2019, 05:11:24 pm »
Joe Gomez fucked his knee twice and is still fast as fuck, I'm pinning my hopes on that.

I'm no expert but I don't think it'll be his straight line speed that will be the issue. It'll be his short bursts, quick turns and movement associated with dribbling. Those are the things he excelled at, a knee injury of such severity surely impacts and limits what he will be able to do in that regard.

Gomez done his ACL and thankfully as you say is still one of the quickest players about. But Ox's injury is more than just an ACL. We will have to be patient, but he's certainly the kind of player who wont give up and will do absolutely everything he can to get back to where he was. It'll be a long journey for him and I don't think we can expect too much next season, at least up until about this time next year. It'll be the following season where he's hopefully fully fit. He'll likely pick up other niggly injuries as he's been out for so long, and he's also got the mental side to overcome. But I give him as good as a chance as anyone because his application and attitude could not be better.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2434 on: January 21, 2019, 05:17:25 pm »
Let's face it: none of us know the true diagnosis. We've just gotta hope he gets back to where he was and, eventually, beyond. Up the fucking Redmen. He'll get a PL winners medal with us.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2435 on: January 21, 2019, 05:18:13 pm »
I reckon he'll be back on the bench by the end of next month maybe sooner.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2436 on: January 21, 2019, 05:21:43 pm »
I reckon he'll be back on the bench by the end of next month maybe sooner.

He hasn't even returned to team training yet so can't see how he'd make the squad in Feb. March would be great but I think it's more likely to be April before we see him on the bench.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2437 on: January 21, 2019, 05:26:39 pm »
He hasn't even returned to team training yet so can't see how he'd make the squad in Feb. March would be great but I think it's more likely to be April before we see him on the bench.

Everyone seems to be making baseless shit up on these threads lately so just thought I'd join in ;D I stand firm at 5 weeks. 

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #2438 on: January 21, 2019, 05:53:16 pm »
Do we have to name PL/CL squads at the end of this month after the transfer window? I think that might give us a good idea of where Klopp see's Ox's progress...the real thing that is.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2439 on: January 21, 2019, 06:02:43 pm »
Everyone seems to be making baseless shit up on these threads lately so just thought I'd join in ;D I stand firm at 5 weeks.

With Milner and maybe Fabinho out I Reckon he starts against Leicester.  ;D