Author Topic: 3,2,1 And You're Back in the Room - Olympique Lyonnais - July Wed 31st 18:00  (Read 145853 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Bet the cowardly fucks wouldn't try that shit against Barcelona. They'd finish the game with 7 players.

In fact, wouldn't surprise me if Barca called them and asked for a "favour". Shithouse club.

Well you get all sorts of tests and this is another one. We can probably expect more of this lark as everyone wants us to fail.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We can probably expect more of this lark as everyone wants us to fail.

Isn't that true of every club outside of themselves, though? I doubt many neutrals want City to succeed. I do agree that clubs will see us as the ultimate challenge, though.

It'll probably not happen more often in the future, we just happened to play a team that take friendlies way too seriously.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 11:26:00 am by sms1986 »

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I see it the same way. We’re European Champions, we’re there to be shot at rightly or wrongly. This match might be a wake up call to the players that there are some teams who’s arse won’t go at the thought of playing us, on the contrary, they’ll want to lay down a marker.

We’ve got to be ready for that. We have the personnel who can stand up to intimidation tactics so not too worried. Was fuming at the time watching it unfold mind and wish the lad well. Thought better of that Benega, have always been impressed with him and surprised no bigger team has snatched him. Maybe the shithousery puts them off.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Isn't that true of every club outside of themselves, though? I doubt many neutrals want City to succeed.

It'll probably not happen more often in the future, we just happened to play a team that take friendlies way too seriously.

We know plenty out there who favour City winning over us. I'd argue there won't be a lot if neutrals this year.

If Seville played every game like that they wouldn't have a team left. That was more than taking a friendly too seriously. That was personal.

I honestly think it was a national pride thing over the CL semi.

Popcorn's Art

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I see it the same way. We’re European Champions, we’re there to be shot at rightly or wrongly. This match might be a wake up call to the players that there are some teams who’s arse won’t go at the thought of playing us, on the contrary, they’ll want to lay down a marker.

We’ve got to be ready for that. We have the personnel who can stand up to intimidation tactics so not too worried. Was fuming at the time watching it unfold mind and wish the lad well. Thought better of that Benega, have always been impressed with him and surprised no bigger team has snatched him. Maybe the shithousery puts them off.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Looking it at that way, I agree - many teams will fear us but some will want nothing more than to beat the best team in Europe. We just need to show the same hunger for success that we had in last season's CL and we'll beat anyone and everyone.

Offline welshred1976

• Legacy Fan
  • make us dream
Bet the cowardly fucks wouldn't try that shit against Barcelona. They'd finish the game with 7 players.

In fact, wouldn't surprise me if Barca called them and asked for a "favour". Shithouse club.

Well you get all sorts of tests and this is another one. We can probably expect more of this lark as everyone wants us to fail.

Yea get all that but in pre-season?
“The status of the club is incredible, but it’s only until you come in it that you understand everything that goes on with the football club, with the Hillsborough Support Group ... it’s more than a football club, this is a way of life." Mr. Rodgers

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
btw...... my take is that, more teams are gonna rough us up this season (more so in the champions league than domestic).  We now have a target on our backs...so smaller and more $hitty teams are gonna kick us than match us on footy skills alone.

Thats just one of the perks being the best team in europe.

More so than Burnley and Everton and Sheffield? I think your take is wrong. If teams in the CL treat us like they do, the refs will dish out a dozen yellows, and I'd be happy to have to play against ten men a lot more

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

We know plenty out there who favour City winning over us. I'd argue there won't be a lot if neutrals this year.

If Seville played every game like that they wouldn't have a team left. That was more than taking a friendly too seriously. That was personal.

That's the fans, though, I doubt most players for opposing teams care as much as their fans do.

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
Fucking state of this....

Sending this track with love to this moron: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1CXWVAIf1k
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Poor kid also hit his head badly when he fell down, seriously fuck off Sevilla.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
No, my anger was based on what happened in the first half and the poor response to it which contributed to it continuing in the second half and potentially risking a young lads career. I understand we're not that kind of team normally but in a friendly we shouldn't be seeing that and we should at least off given the ref a hard time for it and then perhaps we wouldn't of seen that shite in the second half.

our team's manager confronted their shithouse coach at half time.  I guess the fact nothing changed, just proves that Lopetegui is either an absolute prick who then instructed his players to turn it up another notch, or an absolute coward who didnt have the guts to tell them to stop.

You knew everything was very off when they celebrated their first goal like it was a Champions League 94th minute winner.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
Yea get all that but in pre-season?

Yeah  shouldn't happen, but it did. And it'll likely happen again, and will the refs give us the protection? Can't count on it. Jurgen will know what to do though.

Popcorn's Art

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Nah it's their workplace culture, it's that simple. This isn't new to their club. It spans senior and junior players. It's a part of their day to day culture, which tends to come from the top down (managers/leaders/captains).

It helps they have a massive chip on their shoulder, and their fans lap it up. Always makes it easier to stir up that kind of shithousery. More than a few napoleon complexes and monobrows going on in that side.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
I think most Spanish regions wouldn't give a shit about Catalonia and Barcelona. In fact, claiming any team would start kicking another one because the latter beat a team from the former's country is quite the stretch.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/cg6oqv/virgil_robbo_and_hendo_confront_gnagnon_after/

Would love to know what VVD was saying to him as he hides behind the advertising boards

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
I think most Spanish regions wouldn't give a shit about Catalonia and Barcelona. In fact, claiming any team would start kicking another one because the latter beat a team from the former's country is quite the stretch.
Totally agree with you and even if it wasn't Catalonia region, they still wouldn't give a shit.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
Lopetegui is clearly an utter shithouse. Walked out on his country days before a World Cup, became the worst Real Madrid manager in history and has his team playing like a bunch of yard dogs. c*nt.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
More so than Burnley and Everton and Sheffield? I think your take is wrong. If teams in the CL treat us like they do, the refs will dish out a dozen yellows, and I'd be happy to have to play against ten men a lot more

Domestic games are always gonna be a tackle fest especially against the team you mention. They might take it up a notch just because they are playing the european champs. So you are right in saying it is not gonna be easier domestically.

What i should have mention that in proportion we can expect more % of our games in europe to be  physical  compared to the previous seasons (when compared to the premier league). We should not be expecting slower, tactical games like before as european teams are gonna come at us. It is just something we have to live with if we wanna create a dynasty in europe.

This is where we have to learn. I am not advocating that we dive and all that, but when teams start practicing their dark arts on us, we have to "ensure" that the referee has no choice but to card the opposition players early. Madrid are good in this....and we have to learn a wee bit from them.

We cannot rely on the refs to take stuff into their hands in europe. We either dish the same treatment back to their players or we "real madrid" a little bit.

Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
Fuck Sevilla. We should never give them the honour of playing us in pre-season again. We are the big draw, hardly anyone in the USA is turning up to watch them. Pricks.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Bolrick

• Legacy Fan
Lopetegui is clearly an utter shithouse. Walked out on his country days before a World Cup, became the worst Real Madrid manager in history and has his team playing like a bunch of yard dogs. c*nt.

His reputation is damaged after his stint at real. So when he faces the champions of europe, how else is gonna convince the sevilla fans that he is the right man for the job ?

The thing is...i hope he continues to do that to real madrid and barcelona in their actual league games. Its no use doing this in friendlies.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Domestic games are always gonna be a tackle fest especially against the team you mention. They might take it up a notch just because they are playing the european champs. So you are right in saying it is not gonna be easier domestically.

What i should have mention that in proportion we can expect more % of our games in europe to be  physical  compared to the previous seasons (when compared to the premier league). We should not be expecting slower, tactical games like before as european teams are gonna come at us. It is just something we have to live with if we wanna create a dynasty in europe.

This is where we have to learn. I am not advocating that we dive and all that, but when teams start practicing their dark arts on us, we have to "ensure" that the referee has no choice but to card the opposition players early. Madrid are good in this....and we have to learn a wee bit from them.

We cannot rely on the refs to take stuff into their hands in europe. We either dish the same treatment back to their players or we "real madrid" a little bit.

See what you mean now mate.

yes possibly true, but teams only tend to do this when they look like they're going to lose. Generally tends to be a good sign, and we're good enough at football to punish their distraction (look at the Porto games and Red Star at home for examples).

Personally think we'll see more performances like PSG in Paris - and have to content with that kind of diving cheating and shithousery

Offline Bolrick

• Legacy Fan
Fuck Sevilla. We should never give them the honour of playing us in pre-season again. We are the big draw, hardly anyone in the USA is turning up to watch them. Pricks.
Agreed..... after this match, we should call the shots on facing them in future friendlies. Its their loss to be frank. There are not many teams that can fill up a stadium in pre-season friendlies against the legendary europa cup team sevilla. Haha

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
That kick was disgusting of the highest order. I doubt it'll be something that we'll experience too often though as i'm sure the player would be facing an additional ban on top of a red card offence (or i'd hope he would).

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Friendly fire
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan

Not only should we obviously not directly agree to a friendly with them, the club should put a demand in any agreement with any pre season tournament that we won't play in it if Sevilla is involved at all, even if we wouldn't ever play them. We are the draw, they aren't, let's be a little vindictive and cut off a potential source of income and exposure for them.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
I'm not massively clued up on Spanish culture, but I'd still agree with you there. I get the feeling the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid are passionately loved by their own support, but loathed by the rest. I'd hazard a guess that Sevilla are just a bunch of thugs in their own right and act accordingly.

I couldn't watch last night but reading the thread was horrific stuff. I've never read anything like it for a supposed friendly match. No club goes into friendly, pre-season warm-up games looking to get their players deliberately injured by the opposition. We should never entertain this shitstain of a club as opposition in pre-season ever again.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
A highlight was Oxlade-Chamberlain getting through without picking up an injury. At one stage he was getting hacked down repeatedly, but thankfully no serious damage done. Hopefully, that bodes well for the season ahead.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
Seville had the advantage of being acclimatised over us last night, as their summers are 90+ degrees for all 4 months. We will play better in the cooler game coming next. I really don't get the chip on the shoulder though. If that was in England I'd have called social services on them.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I hope we get these fucking c*nts in the champions league group stage.. OH WAIT..  :lmao :lmao

Let's move on and focus on bigger and more important things..
No point wasting time over a small time shithouse club..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Seville had the advantage of being acclimatised over us last night, as their summers are 90+ degrees for all 4 months. We will play better in the cooler game coming next. I really don't get the chip on the shoulder though. If that was in England I'd have called social services on them.

One more game in such weather on Wed, but we'll have 3 days in between. Then we're back to decent climate in our last two friendlies [Napoli and Lyon]

Offline penwhen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
One more game in such weather on Wed, but we'll have 3 days in between. Then we're back to decent climate in our last two friendlies [Napoli and Lyon]

The weather should be much more reasonable on Thursday in New York; yesterday was the last of the really severe heat wave. Forecasted high of 85 with moderate humidity. Would be better if they weren't playing in the middle of the day, but...

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite

Yes, lovely and cool at 37 degrees in Geneva over the next few days.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
The weather should be much more reasonable on Thursday in New York; yesterday was the last of the really severe heat wave. Forecasted high of 85 with moderate humidity. Would be better if they weren't playing in the middle of the day, but...

they are playing at night.

But yes the weather is already much improved! Back to normal temps this week.

Offline penwhen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
they are playing at night.

But yes the weather is already much improved! Back to normal temps this week.

Oops, I was looking at the club's website and saw the British, not local time! Thanks!

Offline Captain Caveman

• Peter Andre's Disney-sponsored rapping cousin
  • Legacy Fan
  • Erik, Igor and Momo.
https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/cg6oqv/virgil_robbo_and_hendo_confront_gnagnon_after/

Would love to know what VVD was saying to him as he hides behind the advertising boards

Who is the blonde guy in the blue tank top who Virgil purposefully ignores (0:15) and Hendo seems to be giving an earful (0:24)?
Sabu retch at putrid "fan", born to screech, doom'd to lose.
MANCHESTER EVERTON AND FUCK.
Says it all

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Who is the blonde guy in the blue tank top who Virgil purposefully ignores (0:15) and Hendo seems to be giving an earful (0:24)?

I think Banega

Offline Captain Caveman

• Legacy Fan
  • Erik, Igor and Momo.
I think Banega

No, not Banega, doesn't look like him and he is elsewhere on that video.
Says it all

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I've always hated Sevilla

Offline Captain Caveman

• Legacy Fan
  • Erik, Igor and Momo.

Just done a bit of googling and looks like it's Simon Kjaer. Was he a twat in the game as well?
Says it all

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
It was so unexpected to see a team act this way in a friendly. Even allowing for any endemic shithouse behaviour, this seemed more focused. Like we had offended them in a previous game and they were here to take revenge and kicks us around the pitch and take great joy from scoring against us...in a pre-season friendly.

I can't recall any reason why they should be so keen to target us

Outside of that they looked pretty good. Whether that was just a pre-season thing, or a game raise or whether they'll carry this through into the season who knows. Might do well in the League and the EL is their thing anyway. They've got a strong team together, some pretty decent talent there. Not sure why they had to act so strangely
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D