Author Topic: Joël Matip (Job Joël André Matip)  (Read 521643 times)

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome (back) to Liverpool, Joel Matip!
« Reply #3240 on: January 13, 2021, 09:26:23 am »
Never been more excited for the training photos.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3241 on: January 13, 2021, 09:37:31 am »
Never been more excited for the training photos.

Was a report yesterday that he still isnt training with the side. We will see on Friday I guess.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #3242 on: January 13, 2021, 09:53:39 am »
Was a report yesterday that he still isnt training with the side. We will see on Friday I guess.

It is crazy we are dependent on Matip staying fit.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3243 on: January 13, 2021, 10:33:10 am »
It is crazy we are dependent on Matip staying fit.

The crazy part is that both Virg and Joe are out for the season with no return date to look forward too. Fabinho is looking good at center back and I would guess he was earmarked to be fourth choice when we sold Lovren. I doubt anyone predicted 2 season long injuries at center half and that’s why we took the opportunity to sign Thiago instead of a center half to replace Lovren directly. With all this considered there’s no wonder we are pinning our hopes on Matip.

I just hope he gets a run in the side without injury because he is a fine defender. If he and Fabinho can build a partnership we will be golden. Big if though.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 10:35:11 am by red1977 »

Offline zx12arrgh

• Main Stander
« Reply #3244 on: January 13, 2021, 11:18:31 am »
Like everyone else, I hope Joel is back but he isn't going to affect the outcome Sunday imo..... Our defence doesn't ship goals whoever plays, if the other 10 players play even near their level we will win NO DOUBT!!  Our unfortunate center back issues this season has cost the team going forward, not defending

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #3245 on: January 13, 2021, 12:26:04 pm »
The crazy part is that both Virg and Joe are out for the season with no return date to look forward too. Fabinho is looking good at center back and I would guess he was earmarked to be fourth choice when we sold Lovren. I doubt anyone predicted 2 season long injuries at center half and that’s why we took the opportunity to sign Thiago instead of a center half to replace Lovren directly. With all this considered there’s no wonder we are pinning our hopes on Matip.

I just hope he gets a run in the side without injury because he is a fine defender. If he and Fabinho can build a partnership we will be golden. Big if though.
Thats the thing though about him getting a run in the side cause even if he is fit his body doesn’t let him play close back to back games.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #3246 on: January 13, 2021, 12:29:38 pm »
Like everyone else, I hope Joel is back but he isn't going to affect the outcome Sunday imo..... Our defence doesn't ship goals whoever plays, if the other 10 players play even near their level we will win NO DOUBT!!  Our unfortunate center back issues this season has cost the team going forward, not defending
The bottom line is if he isn’t fit then we will have 2 key midfielders at CB rather than 1 so for me it’s key he’s fit which I doubt he will be.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline The Wooly Ginger

• Main Stander
« Reply #3247 on: January 13, 2021, 12:31:17 pm »
He is crucial.

It's amazing how much our attacking patterns against low-block opponents are reliant on two centre-backs who can advance the ball meaningfully.
"Each of the Chelsea fans were handed a plastic flag to create an atmosphere. These guys dont need them. They bring their own." -- Clive Tildsley

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3248 on: January 13, 2021, 01:00:30 pm »
If we can at least wheel him out for the big games and partner Fabinho, we can have a midfield of Thiago, Henderson plus one and that still looks and feels very strong.

We know we can’t rely on that side to play every game this season but getting it on the pitch on Sunday would be nice. We’ll know soon enough I guess.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3249 on: January 13, 2021, 01:16:06 pm »
If we can at least wheel him out for the big games and partner Fabinho, we can have a midfield of Thiago, Henderson plus one and that still looks and feels very strong.

We know we can’t rely on that side to play every game this season but getting it on the pitch on Sunday would be nice. We’ll know soon enough I guess.

The concern is against the poorer sides our inability to progress the ball forward and create promising chances is where we are having a problem.

Somehow, we need to be able to get that ball into the final third and get Trent and Salah involved more. It might have to be Henderson back in defence and another attacker in midfield.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3250 on: January 13, 2021, 01:18:54 pm »
The concern is against the poorer sides our inability to progress the ball forward and create promising chances is where we are having a problem.

Somehow, we need to be able to get that ball into the final third and get Trent and Salah involved more. It might have to be Henderson back in defence and another attacker in midfield.

Thiago or Shaqiri would help with that.

Offline Naby Lad

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3251 on: January 13, 2021, 02:38:26 pm »
Not in todays training pictures.
Champions

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3252 on: January 13, 2021, 02:44:41 pm »
Not in todays training pictures.
Fuck sake. Ignore my question on the Naby thread!  ;)

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3253 on: January 13, 2021, 02:46:08 pm »
Good thing there's still a number of days before the game.

Offline Naby Lad

• Kopite
« Reply #3254 on: January 13, 2021, 02:47:48 pm »

Two full team training sessions is it Jurgen demands from a player?

So basically we need him back in training by Friday. Do they train the day before a game? If not then need him back tomorrow.
Champions

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3255 on: January 13, 2021, 02:50:58 pm »

It is indeed but it would be more promising if he was training today!!

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #3256 on: January 13, 2021, 03:07:55 pm »

So basically we need him back in training by Friday. Do they train the day before a game? If not then need him back tomorrow.

I'm not a coach but I'd imagine so. Probably not a fully intense session but going over patterns of play, some set piece work and the like possibly?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3257 on: January 13, 2021, 03:10:31 pm »

Yes they train before the game.

Offline Macca201188

• Kopite
« Reply #3258 on: January 13, 2021, 03:17:56 pm »

It is two normally I believe. I am no football manager, but if I was Klopp, one full session unscathed in this instance would be enough for me!
The reds are comin up the hill boys....

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3259 on: January 13, 2021, 03:22:22 pm »
Not a lengthy injury either. Hopefully he's back Friday!!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3260 on: January 13, 2021, 03:26:34 pm »
It is two normally I believe. I am no football manager, but if I was Klopp, one full session unscathed in this instance would be enough for me!

It will depend on what the medical team tell Klopp. If they say don't play him, he won't.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #3261 on: January 13, 2021, 03:43:03 pm »
Doubt he plays IMO. The schedule gets brutal now so I think they’ll be careful with him.

Didn’t realize there was only 1 day between Burnley and United in the cup.
YWNA

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #3262 on: January 13, 2021, 03:50:45 pm »
Doubt he plays IMO. The schedule gets brutal now so I think they’ll be careful with him.

Don't think the days/times for the FA Cup have been decided yet, they are all listed as being Sat 3pm still.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3263 on: January 13, 2021, 03:57:35 pm »

after 10 games out and 6-7 weeks not training and playing .. he will not be back with only 2 training sessions with team.
Has he even featured in outdoor photos over the last 2 weeks..

It too Thiago a few weeks training outdoors before he was in the match day squad. I cannot see him playing Sunday  - unless he has been training with the kids or outdoors but behind closed doors somewhere ?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #3264 on: January 13, 2021, 03:59:34 pm »
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-injuries-joel-matip-breaking-19618403?fbclid=IwAR1gINhzilH5u2pZ4dT0dwu8HVbsBeIZACwedHysxQ_-FKf_LWquemACR3g

The ECHO understands Matip has not suffered a setback in his rehabilitation and was instead working alone to a specially-tailored fitness programme alone.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Naby Lad

• Kopite
« Reply #3265 on: January 13, 2021, 04:11:27 pm »
after 10 games out and 6-7 weeks not training and playing .. he will not be back with only 2 training sessions with team.
Has he even featured in outdoor photos over the last 2 weeks..

It too Thiago a few weeks training outdoors before he was in the match day squad. I cannot see him playing Sunday  - unless he has been training with the kids or outdoors but behind closed doors somewhere ?

Matip’s only been out 3 weeks. And the manager has said players are available for selection after 2 team sessions.
Champions

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #3266 on: January 13, 2021, 04:21:45 pm »
Don't think the days/times for the FA Cup have been decided yet, they are all listed as being Sat 3pm still.

Ah okay, thanks mate.
Will probably be moved to Sunday at the latest which still isn’t much time in between.
YWNA

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3268 on: January 14, 2021, 12:49:16 am »
It will be like Thiago at Southampton.

Matip will be fit but we are being more guarded with injury commentaries, I think.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3269 on: January 14, 2021, 01:24:30 am »
It will be like Thiago at Southampton.

Matip will be fit but we are being more guarded with injury commentaries, I think.
Klopp has outright said in interviews he doesn't want to give the game away whether a player will return in time for a match or not

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #3270 on: January 14, 2021, 04:32:16 am »
There's always the chance Nat Philips has a real Stormer. Philips by air and Fabhino by ground.  Sit pogba down a coupla times. Bounce his transfer window ass off the ground.

what?

Its possible.

It could happen.  ;D

gimme some fucking training photos man im getting edgy over here
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline red_til_i_die

• Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina walks on water
« Reply #3271 on: January 14, 2021, 09:03:08 am »
I like Joel. Think hes a good player.

Its just a shame he's about as robust physically as a bag of crisps. Long term the club need to be thinking about him as a fourth choice centre half I think as he's quiet, keeps his head down and fights his way back from the latest injury.

I just don't think he's reliable enough physically to be challenging every week for a starting berth.
Slappa da Bass mon! Slappa deee Bassssss!!!!!
Love you Bro-Montana

Offline Naby Lad

• Kopite
« Reply #3272 on: January 14, 2021, 09:47:15 am »
I guess the hope is he can become 18/19 Matip again. He managed to start, and complete the 90 in 14 of the last 16 league games that year. And was on the bench for the other 2. He managed 13 starts in a row. Plus at the same time he started and completed the 90 in every knockout champions league game as well, bar the home game against Porto.

If we were able to get a similar run now, then I think we’ll be fine.
Champions

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3273 on: January 14, 2021, 10:14:32 am »
I guess the hope is he can become 18/19 Matip again. He managed to start, and complete the 90 in 14 of the last 16 league games that year. And was on the bench for the other 2. He managed 13 starts in a row. Plus at the same time he started and completed the 90 in every knockout champions league game as well, bar the home game against Porto.

If we were able to get a similar run now, then I think we’ll be fine.

Fingers crossed. We need him, but also because I just like watching him play, especially when he brings it out from the back like garincha.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3274 on: January 14, 2021, 10:28:24 am »
Klopp said Matip was going go be 50/50 for the game on Sunday so he was never going to be training by now. In his press conference on Friday Klopp will prob say the usual that Matip hasn't joined team training yet and he hasn't spoken to the medical team yet so doesn't know yet if he can train later in the day or tomorrow. Guessing we won't have confirmation until Sunday.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3275 on: January 14, 2021, 10:36:43 am »
If he is only 50/50 then why would you start him as surely we need to wrap him up in cotton wool and try to squeeze 15 plus starts out of him so we can challenge for the CL and title.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3276 on: January 14, 2021, 11:08:14 am »
We've finally wrapped him in cotton wool, only to be brought out for matches

;D   a lot of cotton wool there

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3277 on: January 14, 2021, 11:29:06 am »
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3278 on: January 14, 2021, 11:44:31 am »
If he is only 50/50 then why would you start him as surely we need to wrap him up in cotton wool and try to squeeze 15 plus starts out of him so we can challenge for the CL and title.
We've been trying to manage his fitness over the last few months and it's still not helping though
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3279 on: January 14, 2021, 01:25:22 pm »
He's like Ledley King now. Probably better though.