Author Topic: The eBay thread (your buys and sales)  (Read 159855 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: The eBay thread (your buys and sales)
« Reply #1000 on: July 27, 2015, 02:41:03 pm »
Sold some boots on Ebay and buyer was happy, left positive feedback etc. Buyer now says part of the boots have started to come away (fine when I sold them, they were brand new) and is asking for a refund. Where do I stand here? It's been 2 weeks since the sale but I don't want to take broken goods back and have to issue a refund.

If you're a private seller then don't think they have any comeback.

They've acknowledged the receipt of goods which were in good condition so you've upheld your side of the deal.

Online owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1001 on: July 27, 2015, 02:46:39 pm »
If you're a private seller then don't think they have any comeback.

They've acknowledged the receipt of goods which were in good condition so you've upheld your side of the deal.
I'm not a business or anything no. I'll just respond sympathising but say that as they acknowledged the item was fine, its their fault that damage has occured.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1002 on: July 27, 2015, 02:49:12 pm »
I'm not a business or anything no. I'll just respond sympathising but say that as they acknowledged the item was fine, its their fault that damage has occured.

I'd agree. A lot of private sellers don't offer returns or refunds as far as I'm aware.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1003 on: July 28, 2015, 06:51:33 am »
Sold some boots on Ebay and buyer was happy, left positive feedback etc. Buyer now says part of the boots have started to come away (fine when I sold them, they were brand new) and is asking for a refund. Where do I stand here? It's been 2 weeks since the sale but I don't want to take broken goods back and have to issue a refund.

From experience the buyer will probably claim though PayPal,  and they always side with the buyer.
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #1004 on: July 28, 2015, 07:16:03 am »
From experience the buyer will probably claim though PayPal,  and they always side with the buyer.
Yep. I still have a "Frozen account" from years ago after a similar incident. Sold something that was in perfect working order, buyer claimed, sent the item back, item still worked perfectly, on principle I told them to get to fuck! Be even worse with a new item though, as you couldn't resell it as such again.

I get daily emails from eBay demanding back their money, they go straight in my junk folder ;D

Offline mattybeard

• Chicken Fondler. Group hug? Anyone?
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1005 on: July 28, 2015, 09:06:19 am »
You can offer a partial refund.

I had a similar issue like this a year or so ago, PayPal won't side with you at all though.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1006 on: July 28, 2015, 09:59:48 am »
That's why I refuse to use eBay and PayPal. They will fuck a genuine seller over, and some buyers know this and play on it.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1007 on: August 3, 2015, 11:39:46 pm »
Anyone ever used that pick up your item at Argos thing?

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1008 on: August 4, 2015, 08:49:07 am »
Yeah it worked fine. It just tells the seller to ship it to Argos and you get notified when it's arrived and go and collect.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1009 on: August 11, 2015, 10:51:20 pm »
Yeah it worked fine. It just tells the seller to ship it to Argos and you get notified when it's arrived and go and collect.

What information do you need to give to Argos though?

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1010 on: August 11, 2015, 10:53:47 pm »
Pretty sure I got an E-mail to with a reference number to take and show to Argos.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1011 on: August 11, 2015, 11:01:55 pm »
Pretty sure I got an E-mail to with a reference number to take and show to Argos.

That sounds alright, thought you may have to give them stupid amounts of information.

Thanks

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #1012 on: September 5, 2015, 05:18:50 am »
Robbing twats..
Decided to sell my old VT Wagon,2000 model, still runs well etc , but is out of Rego and the cost was as much as the cars worth really, so bought a Van instead.

the thing "sold" for $326 , but found out the buyer lives 900ks away,. so  i phoned him and he blabbered on about, didnt realise it was Sydney  etc etc "Cant afford to pay for the transport m8". so im not taking it.

Went into my ebay and it says, "relist your item for free upto 3 times' so i clicked on relist. got it back on there now, {and the price is better than he bid anyway} .

gets my invoice today, the fuckers charge $68  to sell a car  {$8 to list the car, $60 once its sold }REGARDLESS of how much it sells for,. so i could sell a car for $80,000 or $50.00 and its the same cost.
They then charged me another $10 to relist the item ,$8 to list, $2 to add a subtitle. "RELISTED AS BUYER NEVER SHOWED"}
i phoned them up and asked why they where going to direct debit my account, as i had not been paid for the car, and why was i charged a relist fee when it clearly states relist for free..

"Oh, the system sees the item has been sold, so you get invoiced , once the buyer agrees to cancel the transaction we will refund you the money,  and the free relist is only available if you opt in to the "Automatic relist, you have manually relisted it so it counts as another item."

DOESNT SAY THAT ON YOUR WEBSITE .
Finally after giving the fella hell, he agreed to waive the $10 relist fee.."very big of you, ill make sure i send you a xmas card. but fix your website so you dont have to be bill gates to read all the terms."

Might support everton this week coz im FEWWWWWMMMINNN
JFT 96

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #1013 on: September 6, 2015, 09:21:47 am »
eBay is fucking shit, but it's got a monopoly so we're stuck by it.

It's the charging 10% of postage fees that makes me sick. That and not being able to give buyers neg feedback.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Online owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1014 on: September 28, 2015, 11:29:01 am »
Bought a wooden TV Stand from eBay, local pickup - drove about 30miles to get it.

Get home and it doesnt fit where I wanted it to go. Turns out the f*cking seller put the width dimensions on the listing wrong!!!

What are my rights here cos they can f*ck off if they think im driving it back for a refund.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1015 on: September 28, 2015, 11:39:03 am »
Bought a wooden TV Stand from eBay, local pickup - drove about 30miles to get it.

Get home and it doesnt fit where I wanted it to go. Turns out the f*cking seller put the width dimensions on the listing wrong!!!

What are my rights here cos they can f*ck off if they think im driving it back for a refund.

Private seller? Pretty much slim to no chance of a positive outcome. You can try contacting them first and seeing what they say, then if that doesn't work raising a dispute with eBay, but they seem to roll a dice to decide the outcome of a dispute so could go either way.

Online owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1016 on: September 28, 2015, 12:14:57 pm »
Private seller? Pretty much slim to no chance of a positive outcome. You can try contacting them first and seeing what they say, then if that doesn't work raising a dispute with eBay, but they seem to roll a dice to decide the outcome of a dispute so could go either way.
Contacted them and they just apologised and said "What do you want to do?" So I've no idea what to suggest!

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1017 on: September 28, 2015, 12:19:12 pm »
Contacted them and they just apologised and said "What do you want to do?" So I've no idea what to suggest!
Give me my money back and pay for the petrol it took for me to come get it! I'd be fewmin!!!!!! :no

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1018 on: September 29, 2015, 05:35:22 pm »

I'd suggest, because the listing was made in error (the stand isn't as big as they said it was), you didn't get what you paid for.  You got a tv stand you can't use.  Say that you'd rather they picked it up from you and offered a refund, but you are find dropping it off if they are unable to get over to your place - and that whilst you do not want to claim the money back from eBay, the item works and will sell for them for somebody else, whereas for you it will not fit at all.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1019 on: October 5, 2015, 06:49:13 pm »
Ordered these from ASOS a while back, realised neither were really my style and didn't return it in time. Material etc. is top notch on both and haven't worn either of these out, if anyone here fancies either of them at a lesser price, send me a PM. Rather sell it via here than eBay or somewhere else, can post within UK, in their original packaging. Let me know!

http://www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=5428407&CTAref=Saved+Items+Page

http://www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=5237132&CTAref=Saved+Items+Page

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1020 on: January 17, 2016, 07:36:52 am »
After my full PC upgrade I'm sticking all my previous parts on eBay, everything in mint condition, the headphones especially...can't be more than 12 months old, still in the original box...a cheekier person might put them on as new....

DENON URBAN RAVER WIRED HEADPHONES AH-AD320
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111874979407?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

AMD FX 8350 8 CORE BLACK EDITION CPU 4.00GHz Socket AM3+ FD8350FRW8KHK
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111874939413?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

16GB (2X8GB) TRANSCEND RAM 1333GHz 240 PIN DDR3
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111874944984?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 AMD AM3+ MOTHERBOARD
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111874952137?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

CORSAIR CX750 PSU POWER SUPPLY UNIT 80 PLUS BRONZE
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111874956220?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

WD ELEMENTS 2TB 7200RPM EXTERNAL HDD HARDDRIVE HARD DRIVE
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111874961874?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

3 X Corsair Air Series A1425L 140MM PC CASE FANS
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111874985139?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

CS:GO COUNTER STRIKE:GLOBAL OFFENSIVE PC STEAM DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111876253402?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 07:40:19 am by Titi Camara »

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #1021 on: July 12, 2016, 08:27:31 pm »

Online owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1022 on: October 16, 2017, 04:30:01 pm »
Bought something off ebay and it didnt arrive. Seller (with over 10k feedback) has said drop the claim and they will refund me. Is this normal practice?

On another note is Amazon killing ebay?

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1023 on: October 16, 2017, 04:33:16 pm »
Fuck eBay, tax dodging c*nts!

Online owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1024 on: October 16, 2017, 04:35:27 pm »
Fuck eBay, tax dodging c*nts!
Be that as it may, it doesnt help me!

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1025 on: October 16, 2017, 04:38:32 pm »
Be that as it may, it doesnt help me!
Can't hurt to drop the claim. If they refund the money you're happy days, if they don't raise the claim again....maybe phone eBay constantly too on their free phone number just to try and increase their expense base.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1026 on: November 21, 2017, 07:56:57 pm »
Not sure if I can post it here, was going to start up a new thread - so please delete Mods if over the line. But have basically fucked eBay off due to their utter shithouseness. Have started using Facebook to flog some stuff with varying results... It's good, but you get some utter plebs contacting you with obvious trolling methods.

Am flogging this S7 - and shit you not, have had messages trying to intimidate me to lower the price (seriously), offers of a hundred quid and even one person asking me 'if it takes android'.

Who are these people?
Continually on 11,420.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #1027 on: November 22, 2017, 08:54:43 am »
Not sure if I can post it here, was going to start up a new thread - so please delete Mods if over the line. But have basically fucked eBay off due to their utter shithouseness. Have started using Facebook to flog some stuff with varying results... It's good, but you get some utter plebs contacting you with obvious trolling methods.

Am flogging this S7 - and shit you not, have had messages trying to intimidate me to lower the price (seriously), offers of a hundred quid and even one person asking me 'if it takes android'.

Who are these people?
".... new bank notes accepted only.."  - Any particular reason for that?
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1028 on: November 22, 2017, 09:28:20 am »
".... new bank notes accepted only.."  - Any particular reason for that?

Few people trying to shift dodgy 20's on there mate - been reported on seller sites and groups.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #1029 on: November 22, 2017, 09:44:59 am »
Few people trying to shift dodgy 20's on there mate - been reported on seller sites and groups.
I figured it's something like that but wouldn't brand new notes be more suspicious?
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline red_lfc_costello

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1030 on: November 22, 2017, 10:30:16 am »

Who are these people?

hate aholes like that. I sold a putter recently still over £200 in the shops, it was brand new but didn't have a head cover (can be bought for £25ish if you really want one). I put it up for something like £175 or offers, guy offers £90, telling me its not worth what I'm asking. I rejected it. He then came back offering £100, stating it wasn't worth anymore than that and he could pick it up asap. basically telling me what my item is worth and then doing me a favour by taking it off my hands. Told him to do one. He came back with a final £110 offer which again was rejected. two days later someone offered £150 which is a good deal for them and around what I wanted for it.
You appear to hve mistaken 'the funny photo thread' for the 'pointless, pre-pubescent nonsensical not even porn but "look, look, it's a girl" thread'

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1031 on: November 22, 2017, 10:42:51 am »
I figured it's something like that but wouldn't brand new notes be more suspicious?

Not really - you want to be watching out for a mix of bank notes and some older ones; counterfeits would stick out like a sore thumb, but on the whole, you're far better off with new bank notes.

hate aholes like that. I sold a putter recently still over £200 in the shops, it was brand new but didn't have a head cover (can be bought for £25ish if you really want one). I put it up for something like £175 or offers, guy offers £90, telling me its not worth what I'm asking. I rejected it. He then came back offering £100, stating it wasn't worth anymore than that and he could pick it up asap. basically telling me what my item is worth and then doing me a favour by taking it off my hands. Told him to do one. He came back with a final £110 offer which again was rejected. two days later someone offered £150 which is a good deal for them and around what I wanted for it.

I had some birds bloke (who previously agreed to what I listed), message me three days after she let me down by just not turning up - he messaged me with just "180 will pick up now".

After clicking on his profile, he changed his profile picture and banner picture to pictures of him with his mates - but had his relationship status with the girl who I had agreed with.

Thing is, after agreeing with the girl, I had stupidly gave her my address. Told them to do one and blocked them. I imagine this kind of stuff goes on all over the country.
Continually on 11,420.

Online owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1032 on: November 26, 2017, 09:52:01 pm »
Sold an iPhone on eBay once and the person who won lived in Leicester and wanted to do local pickup. No problem. They wanted to pickup at 6:00am, thought this was strange but agreed. Didn't turn up then messaged apologizing and arranged to pick up again the next day. Next day same thing - no show. Suddenly I get negative feedback from them saying that I had sent them the phone and they checked it out and it was an insurance scam so they returned it.

I was just like.....WHY?

Online BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1033 on: January 12, 2018, 07:38:18 pm »
Hi folks!  Anyone with a keen eye tell me if this is a good deal on a Liverpool shirt - is it pukka? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Liverpool-Home-Shirt-2017-18-LARGE/112742581102?hash=item1a3ffb436e:g:1YsAAOSwuShaU644

I'm thinking that the NB logo looks a little bit "pinched"?  Is it a manufacturer reject being sold cheap?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 08:15:39 pm by BOBSCOUSE »
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1034 on: January 12, 2018, 09:24:46 pm »
Hi folks!  Anyone with a keen eye tell me if this is a good deal on a Liverpool shirt - is it pukka? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Liverpool-Home-Shirt-2017-18-LARGE/112742581102?hash=item1a3ffb436e:g:1YsAAOSwuShaU644

I'm thinking that the NB logo looks a little bit "pinched"?  Is it a manufacturer reject being sold cheap?

I'd say it's fake or stolen. Has more than 10 available, and sold loads already looking at his feedback. I doubt they'd be selling for £17 if they weren't knock off
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1035 on: January 12, 2018, 09:29:23 pm »
Thanks Brneylfc
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1036 on: January 12, 2018, 11:17:22 pm »
I'd say it's fake or stolen. Has more than 10 available, and sold loads already looking at his feedback. I doubt they'd be selling for £17 if they weren't knock off

First thing I would do after buying is check it compare it with one in the shop.As he has 100% feedback I would bet that it is kosher.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline MindGuerrillas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1037 on: January 30, 2018, 12:34:21 pm »
Selling my satellite and cable receiver if anyone's looking for one. It's a Gigablue HD Quad Plus with 2 satellite tuners, 2 cable tuners and a 500GB hard drive.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162875805367?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1038 on: May 13, 2018, 02:40:25 pm »
Looking for a bit of advice here guys. I recently sold a pair of used trainers on eBay about three weeks ago. The buyer agreed to buy them after some bartering over the price and then decided to ask me for a picture of the insoles before sending over the money. I sent a photo of the insoles and he then paid me. After he'd received the trainers he sent me a returns request saying they weren't as advertised and weren't in a condition he'd been expecting to receive them in. The listing had multiple clear and good quality photos of the trainers from which he could make an informed decision as to whether he wanted to buy them or not. They were advertised as used as well. I also stated no returns on the listing. eBay have now deducted the money I was owed from the trainers after I'd asked them to step in and resolve the matter. He's not sent them back and I haven't had any correspondence from the buyer for nearly two weeks now so I assume he's now decided he's happy with them. I've not heard anything from him to suggest he's returning the item so I'm basically waiting for eBay to reimburse me. The guy simply had buyer's remorse. Will eBay eventually release my money after a period of time if the buyer doesn't prove he's sent them back? At the moment the transaction is just on hold when I go onto my PayPal account.
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1039 on: May 13, 2018, 02:49:44 pm »
Looking for a bit of advice here guys. I recently sold a pair of used trainers on eBay about three weeks ago. The buyer agreed to buy them after some bartering over the price and then decided to ask me for a picture of the insoles before sending over the money. I sent a photo of the insoles and he then paid me. After he'd received the trainers he sent me a returns request saying they weren't as advertised and weren't in a condition he'd been expecting to receive them in. The listing had multiple clear and good quality photos of the trainers from which he could make an informed decision as to whether he wanted to buy them or not. They were advertised as used as well. I also stated no returns on the listing. eBay have now deducted the money I was owed from the trainers after I'd asked them to step in and resolve the matter. He's not sent them back and I haven't had any correspondence from the buyer for nearly two weeks now so I assume he's now decided he's happy with them. I've not heard anything from him to suggest he's returning the item so I'm basically waiting for eBay to reimburse me. The guy simply had buyer's remorse. Will eBay eventually release my money after a period of time if the buyer doesn't prove he's sent them back? At the moment the transaction is just on hold when I go onto my PayPal account.

Check if it says that they have refunded them by going to your selling page,hover over the £ sign & it should tell you if they have paid him back or just embargoed the payment.

If you contact ebay they will tell you how long you will have to wait.Customer service number is  0800 358 6551.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill