Author Topic: Chelsea - schooled by Liverpool's kids  (Read 183726 times)

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Re: Chelsea - schooled by Liverpool's kids
« Reply #2720 on: March 30, 2024, 09:34:01 pm »
All the data I've looked at (the league table) says that Chelsea are shite.
Turn the table upside down, and they should be top four had Ev and Forest not docked points.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2721 on: March 30, 2024, 10:50:27 pm »
They’re 4th on XG for vs XG against I think.

But it’s a very very crude measure to use.

Anyway, they’re planning to seek, both James and Gallagher in the summer to avoid breaching PSR.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/sport/football/article/chelsea-plan-sell-reece-james-conor-gallagher-summer-62pflrhlt

There’s is no single way that anyone is paying out big money for James.  Because the guy is injured more than Thiago. 
And Gallagher is one year from going on a free.

And on paper they are their two best players.  :lmao. What a way to run a club
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2722 on: March 30, 2024, 10:53:40 pm »

Anyway, they’re planning to seek, both James and Gallagher in the summer to avoid breaching PSR.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/sport/football/article/chelsea-plan-sell-reece-james-conor-gallagher-summer-62pflrhlt

There’s is no single way that anyone is paying out big money for James.  Because the guy is injured more than Thiago. 

xG does not factor in the quality of the players taking the shot or facing it.

Thst's the difference between them and United. United are shit in their box but efficient in the opposition's box while Chelsea are shit in both boxes. Only Palmer has that quality that's keeping them in midtable.

Also, anyone club that signs James is off their head because of his wages and injury record. You are right.

Basically,  they've been reset to what they used to be. They are just hoping that their big money flops will come good.

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #2723 on: March 31, 2024, 02:24:40 am »

With reports saying that Sir Rat wants to go more British at United, I wouldn't be surprised to see them both over there  ;D

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2724 on: March 31, 2024, 12:20:53 pm »
With reports saying that Sir Rat wants to go more British at United, I wouldn't be surprised to see them both over there  ;D
Gallagher to MU is almost certain to happen imo.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #2725 on: April 2, 2024, 07:40:12 am »
Imagine what Southgate could do with James, Gallagher, Mount and Rashy and the new Zidane/Mathaus. They'll run away with the league. Be afraid everyone, be very afraid.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2726 on: April 2, 2024, 01:09:02 pm »
Imagine what Southgate could do with James, Gallagher, Mount and Rashy and the new Zidane/Mathaus. They'll run away with the league. Be afraid everyone MU supporters, be very afraid.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2727 on: April 5, 2024, 04:47:25 pm »
Every time I see a highlight of Caicedo, he's making a mistake, lol. I can't believe they paid £115m for him.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2728 on: April 13, 2024, 10:27:46 am »
So…. Their accounts show that they made PSR. By…… selling their hotel (which is part of one of their stands) to….er.. themselves

Utterly corrupt.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2729 on: April 13, 2024, 11:53:07 am »
Here you go

Otherwise they’d have missed PSR by a huuuuuge margin
W

Online Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #2730 on: April 13, 2024, 12:00:33 pm »
Surely that’s grounds for a charge…there’s no way the regulations haven’t catered for this scenario
Believer

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2731 on: April 13, 2024, 12:08:23 pm »
Cheats should NEVER prosper.
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2732 on: April 13, 2024, 12:37:17 pm »

They do in football.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2733 on: April 13, 2024, 01:33:56 pm »
Players costing £592m were sold for £203m, although accounting rules mean that generated a profit of £63m.
:butt

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2734 on: April 13, 2024, 01:35:44 pm »
Surely that’s grounds for a charge…there’s no way the regulations haven’t catered for this scenario
Clubs didn't vote on it

https://twitter.com/martynziegler/status/1779096710876151814?t=RGhg8pxnJ9V9UgItCvxQUw&s=19

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2735 on: April 13, 2024, 01:42:01 pm »
and people should never be nasty to other people.  welcome to the world, mate.

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #2736 on: April 13, 2024, 02:50:45 pm »
The whole deal to sell Chelsea once UK sanctions kicked in has been as corrupt as fuck. From the terms of the sale, to the destination of the money raised by the sale, to the terms of ownership, to the funding of the ownership, and now the avoidance of PSR sanctions by some of history's most creative of accounting.

Then again, what did we expect once Johnson's Tory government got involved?

I've been banging this drum for ages, hoping that one of the, still world leading, investigative journalists we have in this country will get involved. The wait continues.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2737 on: April 14, 2024, 10:01:17 am »
Chelsea got out of FFP as they sold their hotel to themselves.

Appears they have £164m worth of assets left to sell to themselves. This is a farce. The other clubs need to vote to stop this asap.

https://twitter.com/slbsn/status/1779429483004436892?t=JJ0YU7dDD4NKBP7wmRD67Q&s=19
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2738 on: April 14, 2024, 10:13:33 am »
That loophole is a huge advantage to London clubs where real estate is bonkers, and often quite shady with so many loopholes already.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2739 on: April 14, 2024, 10:24:06 am »
Here you go

Otherwise they’d have missed PSR by a huuuuuge margin
It's not sustainable. They made their biggest operating loss in a while.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2740 on: April 14, 2024, 10:37:20 am »
It's not sustainable. They made their biggest operating loss in a while.

They will eventually run out of assets to sell but it will have given them £300m extra moving room. Championship and Uefa banned this loophole but it's not banned in premier league. I suspect and hope there are strong calls to ban it with immediate affect. I suspect Chelsea have already sold their £164m assets to themselves hence why they are not worried about failing FFP this year.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2741 on: April 14, 2024, 10:47:17 am »
They will eventually run out of assets to sell but it will have given them £300m extra moving room. Championship and Uefa banned this loophole but it's not banned in premier league. I suspect and hope there are strong calls to ban it with immediate affect. I suspect Chelsea have already sold their £164m assets to themselves hence why they are not worried about failing FFP this year.
The league has been proactive in that respect. Chelsea look desperate to me so I find what they're doing very funny. It's not like the league would have docked them many points for it anyway.

If they qualify for a UEFA competition then they have to comply with tighter rules and they should already be building towards that. Their strategy is a huge failure.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 10:49:48 am by MonsLibpool »

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2742 on: April 14, 2024, 10:55:45 am »
The league has been proactive in that respect. Chelsea look desperate to me so I find what they're doing very funny. It's not like the league would have docked them many points for it anyway.

If they qualify for a UEFA competition then they have to comply with tighter rules and they should already be building towards that. Their strategy is a huge failure.

I imagine a few clubs will be wanted to change the rules quickly
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 11:30:25 am by clinical »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2743 on: April 14, 2024, 11:03:12 am »
I hope Everton twat them 5-0 on Monday
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.