Author Topic: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...  (Read 850321 times)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...
« Reply #1400 on: March 13, 2020, 09:22:12 am »
So City's League Cup win stands?  I'm guessing it should.

Absolutely it should. They’ve won it, the competition is over.

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1401 on: March 13, 2020, 09:22:54 am »
I'm still hopeful the clubs unaffected by this can play this weekend even if this means playing behind closed doors.

There is no way this will happen. You'd have clubs 3 or 4 games behind before too long.
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #1402 on: March 13, 2020, 09:24:01 am »
A lot of you are suggesting that if the CL is cancelled, the holders get the trophy. Is this really true? I didnt find anything online regarding this.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #1403 on: March 13, 2020, 09:25:49 am »
Everton in self-isolation so yeah we aren’t playing again no matter who is

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #1405 on: March 13, 2020, 09:27:48 am »
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #1406 on: March 13, 2020, 09:28:39 am »
Some rivals are desperate to see this season get voided.  You can smell it.  They're using their 'concerns' for public health as a shield but they just want it declared over now so as to be able to commence the banter right away.

Neville would sooner have the Apocalypse happen right now than see us win a league.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #1407 on: March 13, 2020, 09:29:30 am »
Some rivals are desperate to see this season get voided.  You can smell it.  They're using their 'concerns' for public health as a shield but they just want it declared over now so as to be able to commence the banter right away.

Neville would sooner have the Apocalypse happen right now than see us win a league.
Rivals in what sense? Pricks in the media/twitter or club representatives that actually matter?
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1408 on: March 13, 2020, 09:31:45 am »

Neville. Lineker. Piers Moron all shouting very loudly on social media. They make me sick hiding behind their faux concern for the coronavirus.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline AllyouneedisRush

• One leg, musical nostrils, itchy crotch. Is actually Louis Walsh.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1409 on: March 13, 2020, 09:32:11 am »
Everton self isolation now .. Monday must be off
Justice 97 - YNWA

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #1410 on: March 13, 2020, 09:32:45 am »
Everton in self-isolation so yeah we aren’t playing again no matter who is

Think it's best the whole league isolates together now.

It won't make any real difference to the outcome though.  We could start afresh in 6 weeks time and all it would take would be for one player to have it again and we'd all be isolating over again.

Can't see how this is going to work now until there's some kind of vaccine to control the desease.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1411 on: March 13, 2020, 09:34:13 am »

It won't make any real difference to the outcome though.  We could start afresh in 6 weeks time and all it would take would be for one player to have it again and we'd all be isolating over again.

Can't see how this is going to work now until there's some kind of vaccine to control the desease.
you’re right it’s not, until there’s a point where the government say “well you have it but just carry on as normal” football can’t resume behind closed doors until every player and staff member gets infected or the outbreak is contained, both probably months away

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1412 on: March 13, 2020, 09:34:18 am »
Everton self isolation now .. Monday must be off

Their trophy room must be the safest place.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1413 on: March 13, 2020, 09:35:16 am »
..and this means they all have the virus!  :butt

Coffee before typing.  ::)
my point was they aren’t playing a football match on Monday, if the  league magically decide to let unaffected clubs play this weekend we aren’t going to playing anyway

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1414 on: March 13, 2020, 09:35:51 am »

The "neutrals" have gone very quiet. I haven't heard anyone say 'cancel the season and give the title to Liverpool', they just want the whole season declared null and void.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1415 on: March 13, 2020, 09:37:22 am »
I agree with this.. a lot of non league teams are hand to mouth and need the match day revenue , bars food programmes etc..

This will be a nightmare if it is on hold for a long time....

Too many will see it all as worth it to stop Liverpool. Even if it destroys football.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1416 on: March 13, 2020, 09:40:08 am »

And will next season be any different?  Experts expect us all to get it but want it spread out.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1417 on: March 13, 2020, 09:41:25 am »
At some point clubs will have to play while they have players with the coronavirus - similar to if they had flu now.
Apparently 60% of the population need to "undergo" coronavirus for the population to get "herd immunity" and coronavirus will return yearly so we will all experience it eventually.
So unless we want to give up football and other spectator sports altogether then we need to accept that games can't be postponed because 1 player has tested positive.....although we may have to postpone games initially as we are in the "delay" phase of battling the disease....so hopefully we can delay the season by a month or so while the population experiences the disease in a controlled way and then accept the situation that players and staff and spectators will mingle and possibly pass on the disease to somebody with no immunity.

Offline AllyouneedisRush

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1418 on: March 13, 2020, 09:44:00 am »
Too many will see it all as worth it to stop Liverpool. Even if it destroys football.

Was thinking how we would feel if the shoe was on the other foot... us having nothing to play for and Everton running away with it (amuse me here it's for comparison only 😎)

I'd hope that we would see the bigger picture , not all of us would though .... Its no different now, some will use it, others with a bit more of a level head will understand what it means for the sport... Long term there needs to be a conclusion to the season, if that is in a few months, so be it..
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 09:47:20 am by AllyouneedisRush »
Justice 97 - YNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1419 on: March 13, 2020, 09:44:00 am »
At some point clubs will have to play while they have players with the coronavirus - similar to if they had flu now.
Apparently 60% of the population need to "undergo" coronavirus for the population to get "herd immunity" and coronavirus will return yearly so we will all experience it eventually.
So unless we want to give up football and other spectator sports altogether then we need to accept that games can't be postponed because 1 player has tested positive.....although we may have to postpone games initially as we are in the "delay" phase of battling the disease....so hopefully we can delay the season by a month or so while the population experiences the disease in a controlled way and then accept the situation that players and staff and spectators will mingle and possibly pass on the disease to somebody with no immunity.

I think so too. Before anyone jumps in, I’m not saying it’s just like flu, but for those who have tested positive most will be fine again already or will be once they’ve followed all isolation procedures. Feels out of control at the moment but at some point this may start to feel more normalised and plans can be made with how to deal with it.

Crazy times.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1420 on: March 13, 2020, 09:44:07 am »
Leeds Rhinos Super League game at Catalan is off after a player showed symptoms of coronavirus

Arsenal vs Brighton is off, Arteta tests positive for Coronavirus
Accrington vs Portsmouth is off, due to Pompey players & staff in self isolation as they played Arsenal last week
#Sausages

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #1421 on: March 13, 2020, 09:47:39 am »
Of course an Everton player has got it. Uh huh. More likely someone coughed on the team bus and they've took their chance to swerve another Derby humiliation. ;D

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1422 on: March 13, 2020, 09:48:00 am »
They should postpone the season and come to a longer term decision in a months time when things may have calmed down.

If it's escalating further, they should award the league title and Champions League places on current positions. No relegations/promotions. Then begin a new season in August.

It may be tainted but I've accepted it and I've no doubt we will be there or thereabouts next year again.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #1423 on: March 13, 2020, 09:49:25 am »
Wales v Scotland going ahead as planned. 75000 people in the stadium is one thing but these internationals bring thousands more into Cardiff, packed trains, packed pubs, it's madness.

There's nothing on the match too
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1424 on: March 13, 2020, 09:49:36 am »
Do yo have a link to this breaking news?

Could happen..yeah,who knows?

Speculative comment, one squad member from Everton showing signs,could develop who knows?

Need to self isolate from this thread.
someone posted a link to their statement, fucking hell lad I’m not just gonna make up stuff

Offline AllyouneedisRush

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1425 on: March 13, 2020, 09:49:43 am »
They should postpone the season and come to a longer term decision in a months time when things may have calmed down.

If it's escalating further, they should award the league title and Champions League places on current positions. No relegations/promotions. Then begin a new season in August.

It may be tainted but I've accepted it and I've no doubt we will be there or thereabouts next year again.

What about Leeds and others fighting promotion... Your solution only benefits us and the premier League.... The whole of football is affected here..
Justice 97 - YNWA

Offline Andypandimonium

• Kopite
« Reply #1426 on: March 13, 2020, 09:49:43 am »
Scottish Government has already killed football (both literally and metaphorically) in the country, so imagine it's just a matter of time before England follows suit.  :-\

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1427 on: March 13, 2020, 09:49:55 am »
2 clubs want the season cancelled.

Everton and spurs are my guess.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline davealexred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1428 on: March 13, 2020, 09:50:06 am »
Of course an Everton player has got it. Uh huh. More likely someone coughed on the team bus and they've took their chance to swerve another Derby humiliation. ;D

They’ll be used to self isolating. They’ve been isolating from Europe for years.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #1429 on: March 13, 2020, 09:51:54 am »
With Everton and Chelsea having issues, I think it is inevitable that this weeks fixtures are postponed. Think everyone needs to be tested and isolated then we can think of restarting.

To think we had a winter break, didn't work out as well as we thought it would!
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline AllyouneedisRush

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1430 on: March 13, 2020, 09:51:57 am »

Is this for real? 2 clubs have stated this ?
Justice 97 - YNWA

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #1431 on: March 13, 2020, 09:52:36 am »

Speculative comment, one squad member from Everton showing signs,could develop who knows?

there's been a club statement

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1432 on: March 13, 2020, 09:53:49 am »

I'm on the BBC feed a bit slow but at least a reliable source
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/51867944
#Sausages

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #1433 on: March 13, 2020, 09:54:42 am »
Can't see how suspending matches now till April, May, June is going to help.
Government has already said thats when the peak is expected.

Should actually get games done asap.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1434 on: March 13, 2020, 09:55:35 am »
Is this for real? 2 clubs have stated this ?
"Vast majority of PL clubs believe season must be completed. Two clubs have asked for cancellation but that is not on agenda at this stage.  Initial suspension through international break with hope if an April return but suspect May more likely. In truth, nobody knows"

From Martin Lipton but other journalists retweeting.

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1435 on: March 13, 2020, 09:56:05 am »
‘All twenty clubs will need to come to a unanimous decision.’

Sounds like the clubs are getting a say.

Have to hope this is true.

In reality it you offered a void season a reckon 17 of the 20 teams would be up for it

Anybody in the bottom half - it means no relegation

It would be status quo so spurs and chelsea would be happy  and keep CL places

Arsenal have no chance of top 4

In a normal season Man Utd would have an issue but it's probably worth it for them to see us not win. + if the city ban holds up they may get the CL spot anyway.

It really is us,Leicester and Sheffield Utd who would be fighting against the tide...

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1436 on: March 13, 2020, 09:56:22 am »

It has to be an option but far too early to speculate.

I suspect no games for two weeks, review and games behind closed doors.

Cancelling the season has a knock on effect for the other leagues etc. Its unprecedented and new territory. What authorities might be able to is postpone other things - the EL and CL might be difficult to plan.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1437 on: March 13, 2020, 09:56:39 am »

Give all the players it now. Get them all immune and then play.  :-X

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #1438 on: March 13, 2020, 09:56:40 am »
If the league gets suspended or cancelled from a few players getting it then based on that approach I don't see how it can just restart in a few months.

There's no sign of a vaccine any time soon, people will still be capable of getting it two, three, four, fucking ten months from now.

Basically a decision will have to be made soon as to whether we try and carry on and accept people are going to catch this or we shut everything down entirely in an attempt to stop it. Not sure how we can carry on kind of doing a bit of both like we are now.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #1439 on: March 13, 2020, 09:57:28 am »

how can you get games done when players are showing symptoms?