Author Topic: Liverpool 2 West Brom 2  (Read 97143 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Liverpool 2 West Brom 2
« Reply #1000 on: December 14, 2015, 06:37:34 pm »
Lallana should have scored yesterday. Was his first touch to heavy?

I thought so. He still had time to get a shot away and should have scored but I thought his first touch was a bit heavy, certainly by his standards.

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1001 on: December 14, 2015, 06:40:24 pm »
I'm not worried about the medias reaction to Klopp & players thanking the fans, they're a bit thick you see. All Klopp has to do is keeping doing it every home game win, lose or draw and eventually the idiots will catch on. What I find amazing is that he identified the disconnect between the fans and the team, called us out on it 3 weeks ago and actively re-energized it yesterday all whilst encouraging the team to fight to the bitter end in a way I haven't seen since Rafas time. Remarkable.

Honestly I'm delighted that he cares about the fans enough to reach out and make us feel part of the team again.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1002 on: December 14, 2015, 06:44:24 pm »
I thought so. He still had time to get a shot away and should have scored but I thought his first touch was a bit heavy, certainly by his standards.
Was alot closer to the keeper than he'd like imo. Should have scored though.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1003 on: December 14, 2015, 06:45:08 pm »
Watching the Monday night footy show on bein sports and good to hear dion dublin and don Hutchinson understanding the team thank you to the crowd at the end of the game. Refreshing to see logical analysis.

Match of the day 2 saw no problem with it either.

Offline TrueNorthRED

• Kopite
« Reply #1004 on: December 14, 2015, 06:55:06 pm »
Unfortunately some of our fans/supporters are following the Sky mantra.

And therein lies the brilliance of Klopp's opening day remarks concerning "belief". He point blank told everyone then what he expects and what we, as supporters, need to do. Those who bitch/moan/criticize and want to debate about the appropriateness of yesterdays events are simply non-believers. There is no room on the bus for non-believers.
"He plays as any supporter would if they were born with such demonic talent."

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1005 on: December 14, 2015, 06:57:26 pm »
Having the benefit of being right behind it, I thought Lallana opened his body to early giving the keeper a clue where he was putting it so he just stuck a leg out.
One of our clearest chances in recent weeks.

Offline fewmin' bedwetter

• Would appear to have great expectations......
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1006 on: December 14, 2015, 07:08:00 pm »

Such a shame - I'd thought he had an excellent game personally. The header to set up Henderson was really good.
That would have topped it off - ah well. Save his big finishes for some big games later in the season hopefully.
NEVER starts a sentence with, "So..."

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1007 on: December 14, 2015, 07:09:31 pm »

Definitely should have scored, just seemed to kick it straight at the keeper instead of putting it past or over him.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1008 on: December 14, 2015, 07:45:48 pm »
Hendo's goal was a thing of beauty. Last thing I would think on receiving the ball to feet 35 yards out is "I think I'll just dink this up to big Adam Lallana who'll surely easily outjump the nearest West Brom brutish defender and knock it down on a plate for Hendo to finish first time".
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 07:47:25 pm by Phil M »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline moloch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1009 on: December 14, 2015, 07:46:01 pm »
No, his finishing was just bad. Very bad.

The thing is that finishing, just as shooting in general seems to be totally overlooked in todays education of a footballer.

Yeah it's been a pattern for us (since Suarez really) that our players can't finish from those situations.. Firmino for example has had a few golden chances already.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #1010 on: December 14, 2015, 08:56:09 pm »
No, his first touch was perfect, his second touch wasn't heavy enough.

He tried to put it between the keepers legs and the keeper simply wasn't fooled.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1011 on: December 14, 2015, 09:14:48 pm »
Yeah it's been a pattern for us (since Suarez really) that our players can't finish from those situations.. Firmino for example has had a few golden chances already.

As talented Firminho is, similar to Coutinho who is even more talented..they both are nowhere near the likes Ronaldiho f.e.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1012 on: December 14, 2015, 09:30:02 pm »
Firmino needs to play as a striker. He looks so casual when he is in the middle 2/3. Gives up the ball so easily, underhits passes, etc. At least in his last few games, anyway.

Offline Another Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1013 on: December 15, 2015, 12:16:46 am »
No, his first touch was perfect, his second touch wasn't heavy enough.

Now for a dose of truth. Yes, his first touch was poor because he allowed the ball to run too far ahead from him. That gave the keeper time to come off his line close down the angle. Go watch the replay.

I assume we're talking about the chance in the second half...

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1014 on: December 15, 2015, 12:26:45 am »
It's pretty easy to avoid the negative shit if you want to...

Oh, and Klopp is boss...

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #1015 on: December 15, 2015, 12:33:15 am »
Can I ask.. why do people call Firmino, 'Firminho', including sometimes his own manager and teammates?

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #1016 on: December 15, 2015, 02:01:23 am »
In case anyone missed it:

Spurs lost to a relegation contender
United lost to a relegation contender
Chelsea lost and are out of the top 4 race
We gained a point on all 3 of our biggest rivals.

Offline Digger2God

• Legacy Fan
  • Believe IT!
« Reply #1017 on: December 15, 2015, 02:03:42 am »
Can I ask.. why do people call Firmino, 'Firminho', including sometimes his own manager and teammates?
Ask Coutinho  ;D
"How many do you want?! How MANY do you want?"

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #1018 on: December 15, 2015, 02:13:55 am »
As talented Firminho is, similar to Coutinho who is even more talented..they both are nowhere near the likes Ronaldiho f.e.
What are their Potential Ability ratings over 200?
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1019 on: December 15, 2015, 05:33:51 am »

Well, he's got to have something Brazilian, so the name is a start.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #1020 on: December 15, 2015, 05:58:13 am »
What are their Potential Ability ratings over 200?

Can't get higher than 200. Them's the rules on Footy manager mate.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #1021 on: December 15, 2015, 08:43:56 am »
Looking around the internet and other forums including other teams tells me more about the state of English football than Klopp.

What he did was a gesture of thanks to the fans, anyone with more than one brain cell can tell that from his past behaviour, recent comments on the fans and whatnot.

It's being interpreted instead as a celebration of a draw against a "weak" side and thus small time and thankful "we scrapped that" celebration and even SSN mocked us for it.

The fact is, the man wants Anfield to be loud, for that the fans need to get behind the team, they did that yesterday and it was great to hear and see... the fact he is getting mocked for it because "big clubs don't behave this way" is embarrassing, the sense of entitlement some of our fans and United fans and other "big club" fans have is embarrassing!

I thank him for thanking US, as paying fans for HELPING the players charge till the end, should we win games like this, YES! Absolutely, however if you think a Pulis team is going to be an easy game you don't know the man and you do not know that NO GAME in the Premier League is a easy win.

Fucks sake, I don't even know who I am aiming this post at, general rant I guess but some right weapons about.
Ha ha ha

I know the feeling

They're all fucking bellends

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #1022 on: December 15, 2015, 08:44:29 am »

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1023 on: December 15, 2015, 08:59:37 am »
I'm over the moon Klopp done that at the end.

Fuck everyone else.

Exactly this! I honestly couldn't care less what other fans think as long as the matchgoers are on board.

It's the same nobheads who thought we were "already celebrating the title" when the team bus was greeted at Anfield in 13/14.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1024 on: December 15, 2015, 10:31:48 am »
More of a sidenote to the game but how bad was that challenge on Lovren as in the highlights all I saw was two lads going for a ball that neither should have gone for in the manner they did, ie in the back of your mind you knew there be a thump once you got there via a full lunge. The West Brom lad definitely prepared himself for it as like in the old days it was more of win the ball but make sure you take the man with it. A red card in todays soft game where you breath on the back of someones neck they go down holding something
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #1025 on: December 15, 2015, 12:41:41 pm »
In case anyone missed it:

Spurs lost to a relegation contender
United lost to a relegation contender
Chelsea lost and are out of the top 4 race
We gained a point on all 3 of our biggest rivals.

Nobody missed it. Everybody knows that we should have gained three points on all 3 of our biggest rivals. Big chance gone with the results this last week.

Offline Mohsosa

• Main Stander
« Reply #1026 on: December 15, 2015, 12:56:46 pm »
More of a sidenote to the game but how bad was that challenge on Lovren as in the highlights all I saw was two lads going for a ball that neither should have gone for in the manner they did, ie in the back of your mind you knew there be a thump once you got there via a full lunge. The West Brom lad definitely prepared himself for it as like in the old days it was more of win the ball but make sure you take the man with it. A red card in todays soft game where you breath on the back of someones neck they go down holding something

It was downright disgusting. You could hear Lovren screaming in agony. What's worse is it's not even being talked about.
Our fantastic keeper, striker and comedian - you could feel the tension release.

https://i.imgur.com/Iv9L3Qt.gif

They can waste as much time as they want in the lower leagues...

Offline jonnyr

• Anny Roader
  • We had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #1027 on: December 15, 2015, 01:26:03 pm »
It is up to us to FORCIBLY extend the manager's message on social media around friend and family. Hearing that fans getting off early getting barracked IS THE RIGHT THING. Fans that sit and moan in stands need to be called out week after week or until they give up their tickets for young bloods.

I really fuming about this. It's classic mentalists taking over the asylum.

Seriously if you have twitter or are that way inclined message the likes of Durham on talkshiiiite as well as Evans and make it CLEAR: Our manager is revitalising the atmosphere as well as the football. That crowd, that buzz saved us a point that we all would have thought lost.
They very same people that comment on how pony atmospheres are everywhere to turn around and pour scorn is beyond short sighted...if anything it like a miserable teenager where nothing is acceptable and everything is embarrassing.
This.

It's a bit sad this is what it has come to in this day and age [the social media impact, herd mentality, etc] but we need to kind of be more bullish and be louder, even if it's not in our nature naturally.

Offline jonnyr

• Anny Roader
  • We had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #1028 on: December 15, 2015, 01:30:14 pm »
It was downright disgusting. You could hear Lovren screaming in agony. What's worse is it's not even being talked about.
Studs up, over the ball, knee locked, that was a dirty slide 100%. I know it happens in sport sometimes "unintentionally", in the heat of the moment, but that could have ended so much worse for Lovren, was tough to watch. Professionals should be held to a higher standard.

Offline Mohsosa

• Main Stander
« Reply #1029 on: December 15, 2015, 01:38:04 pm »
Studs up, over the ball, knee locked, that was a dirty slide 100%. I know it happens in sport sometimes "unintentionally", in the heat of the moment, but that could have ended so much worse for Lovren, was tough to watch. Professionals should be held to a higher standard.

Gardner even takes a look at Lovren and continues to dive in. He knew exactly what he was doing, the scumbag.
Our fantastic keeper, striker and comedian - you could feel the tension release.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1030 on: December 15, 2015, 01:54:46 pm »

Honestly don't understand how every pundit i have seen has backed it as an ok tackle and nothing wrong with it at all. I must be missing something when it comes to what is ok and what is not.

If you take the ball but your foot follows through and hits the players leg at shin height, I mean, how the fuck is that ok?

Do people remember the Gerrard tackle on Boateng v aston villa? He takes the ball but then follows through, all be it a bit more higher on the leg but still, similar in execution.

I was instantly reminded of that tackle when i saw that. An obvious attempt to take the ball, crunch the player, while cleverly disguising it. Not comparing the two like for like as Gerrards was much harsher in my view, but still both red cards. Just don't get how not one person has said it was not ok and not even a fucking foul??? Crazy.

Offline Mohsosa

• Main Stander
« Reply #1031 on: December 15, 2015, 02:23:58 pm »
From 35 seconds... watch his eyes

http://www.trollfootball.me/display.php?id=71627

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1032 on: December 15, 2015, 02:29:44 pm »
Gardner's always been a sly dirty fucker...will be watching him from now on, and praying he's on the receiving end of a similar shithouse challenge...c*nt
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
« Reply #1033 on: December 15, 2015, 04:07:41 pm »
Another frustrating game in terms of finishing, £32.5m isn't looking well spent except for a few glimpses! His basic finishing is piss poor for us but he seems to be able to bang in screamers :(

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #1034 on: December 15, 2015, 04:15:29 pm »
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #1035 on: December 15, 2015, 04:33:06 pm »
100% knows what he's doing.

Yep, classic follow-through leg-breaker. Hit the ball first so you don't get in trouble, and it worked a charm. You'd think a man would have more respect for a fellow professional, but Craig F. Gardner has all the humanity of a yard dog eating its own puke.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Online Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #1036 on: December 16, 2015, 05:19:35 am »
Yep, classic follow-through leg-breaker. Hit the ball first so you don't get in trouble, and it worked a charm. You'd think a man would have more respect for a fellow professional, but Craig F. Gardner has all the humanity of a yard dog eating its own puke.

Withdrawing five hundred pounds from a cash point to help a disabled child whose family couldn't afford a harness for, over a chance encounter at lunch? It's not a great tackle, but in my book he's pretty much 'humane'.

You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #1037 on: December 16, 2015, 09:25:32 am »
I`ve rewatched their actual second goal, looks like a deliberate ploy to (at best) block-off Lovren with one player (Brunt?) allowing Ollson a free run at the ball. Refs should be taking a good look at this kind of thing in video preparation. It`s like a basketball or American football pick-play and illegal.

Also, the tactic of standing a man right in front of the goalkeeper at corners is very low (I know we have done it in the past), and there should be a foul given every time that man contacts the keeper. On the same second goal I saw Fletcher making a big deal about not impeding the keeper, but their gameplan on that set play was obviously elsewhere. Pulis is of course a master of this sort of tactic, it is effective, but the lowest form of football. At least we only have to watch WBA twice a season, pity their poor fans who can look forward to seeing no football all season, just the prayer of a goal from a set-piece ever now and then.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #1038 on: December 16, 2015, 09:43:05 am »
I`ve rewatched their actual second goal, looks like a deliberate ploy to (at best) block-off Lovren with one player (Brunt?) allowing Ollson a free run at the ball. Refs should be taking a good look at this kind of thing in video preparation. It`s like a basketball or American football pick-play and illegal.

Also, the tactic of standing a man right in front of the goalkeeper at corners is very low (I know we have done it in the past), and there should be a foul given every time that man contacts the keeper. On the same second goal I saw Fletcher making a big deal about not impeding the keeper, but their gameplan on that set play was obviously elsewhere. Pulis is of course a master of this sort of tactic, it is effective, but the lowest form of football. At least we only have to watch WBA twice a season, pity their poor fans who can look forward to seeing no football all season, just the prayer of a goal from a set-piece ever now and then.

There are ways for the keeper to get rid of his marker. I used to start at the far post, then just before the corner came in, I moved away towards the middle or front post, depending on the corner. Don't know if the rules are the same in England, but here in Sweden, the marker couldn't move to block the keeper so he was taken out of the play.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #1039 on: December 16, 2015, 01:28:31 pm »
Withdrawing five hundred pounds from a cash point to help a disabled child whose family couldn't afford a harness for, over a chance encounter at lunch? It's not a great tackle, but in my book he's pretty much 'humane'.

the hyperbole over the tackle is ridiculous.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!