Author Topic: Liverpool 2 West Brom 2  (Read 97155 times)

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
Re: Liverpool 2 West Brom 2
« Reply #920 on: December 14, 2015, 10:21:58 am »
Tony Evans proving yet again how far removed he is from the mentality of genuine LFC fans.....an Uncle Tom scouser riding on the back of the club,  who's main purpose these days is to pander to his paymasters and fart out sub-140 character shit and click-bait masquerading as journalism. Showed his true colours during the Suarez affair...never to be trusted again. Parasitical Talksport Kunt
Won't find fewer people who I dislike more than that odious creature.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #921 on: December 14, 2015, 10:22:08 am »
1 - Fuck off with calling our manager Moyes like
2 - Repeat 1
3 - Repeat 1

Like many here I was there too. Anfield changed in an instant and we have people wanting to deride that?

We have a manager who is showing the same emotions as us. It's honest, raw and what we've needed for such a long time to unite things. Said it before and will say it again that if you think the cleverness in negativity is worthwhile then you've messed up somewhere. Use that energy better

Spot on. The noise from the Upper Centenary was something I haven't heard in a long, long time at the end.

If Klopp can make it 'acceptable' to make noise and cheer and shout and sing and get behind the team every minute of ever game, then Anfield is going to be a scary place to visit.

And let's face it, the last time we had any togetherness as fans was when Rafa was here.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #922 on: December 14, 2015, 10:28:34 am »

Hang on, hang on.

Evans is @TonyEvans92a on Twitter after he left/got the sack from the Times, and you are 92A.

Woah! A great conspiracy revealed. :)
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #923 on: December 14, 2015, 10:33:39 am »
Klopp taking the players in front of the Kop at the final whistle, and the reaction since, tells you a lot about Klopp and modern football. Klopp is taking the players to thank the supporters for their support. It’s easy to see from Klopp’s comments over the last few months, that he wants to involve the crowd more. He understands how much the fans can help the team and influence the team. He’s used the ‘stick’ approach with his previous comments about ‘feeling alone’, maybe yesterday was the ‘carrot’ approach. I also think Klopp realises there’s a disconnect between the players and the fans. This isn’t something exclusive to Liverpool, but is something that every Premier League supporter must feel. I’m not sure what things are like in Serie A or La Liga, but in the Budesliga there seems to be a stronger bond between the players and the fans. Maybe Klopp wants to recreate that bond because it’ll help the team in the long run. Maybe he’s just a genuinely nice fella and he feels like it’s the right thing to do to get footballers who are being paid millions per year to thank the fans for their support. Maybe it’s a bit of both. Whatever the long term aim was, no one should be questioning the sentiment of the gesture.

Any Liverpool supporter who is construing the players going in front of the crowd at the end of the game as ‘celebrating a draw’ is a fucking idiot. Now I’d have liked to have come up with something more witty but ‘fucking idiot’ seemed the most appropriate phrase. Anyone who is using this as a stick to beat the manager with can do one. The reaction of rival supporters has been predictable if nothing else. It’s also highlights one of my bugbears of modern football -  one up manship. Rivalry, taking the piss and laughing at other fans has always been part of football and something we’ve all probably done. In the past that’s mostly with just local fans (i.e. Everton supporters) or through chants at the game when you actually played that rival team. Maybe it shows my age but beyond Everton fans I didn’t speak to a fan from another club (either in real life or online) till about 2000. Before that point I wouldn’t of had a clue what United, Spurs, Chelsea fans thought of the end of the game yesterday.  Nowadays, I get the impression that for some football fans, ours included, football isn’t really about having fun and supporting your own team. It’s more about how can make the wittiest tweet or the best vine to take the piss out of your rivals - all in the name of BANTZ. You only need to look at the reaction to yesterday. A manager taking his players to thank the supporters is being mocked. A manager who is trying to establish a link between fans and players that has been eroded over the last 10-15 years has some of his own supporters questioning why.

I just hope Klopp doesn’t get worn down by all the bullshit that surrounds English football. You can bet your bottom dollar that his next press conference will contain questions about the end of yesterday’s game. I hope he uses all of this in a positive manner. I hope our fans do too. Don’t buy into the bullshit that yesterday was anything but a good thing. We need to get back to the situation where you are either with us or against us. Us versus the rest of the World and fuck anyone who gets in our way. We are at our best as a club when it’s that way.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #924 on: December 14, 2015, 10:35:28 am »
I'm right behind Klopp in the ground and if you were there you'd get it totally. Start off Ok and then we seem to be drifting into the script we've seen against so many 'park the bus' teams. This is our greatest challenge how we play against teams that aren't as good as us who want to stop us playing.

There seems to be a mentality about the outcome because we seen it so many times. It's not just the players but the crowd who start bottling it. Yesterday we had some knobhead Sunday league fella shouting out to Klopp to bring On Ibe as if he knows more about football than Klopp. The grounds full of these types of knobheads moaning at every mistake, getting on to our own players,  but there are also those who want it different who aren't miserable bastards who want to support the team. At one point yesterday the crowd started getting behind the players towards the end of the second half and it made a difference. It's not about celebrating a draw with West Brom it's about defeating the mentality that affects the team and players, pople stayed and the momentum was building, we can tear up this script, break this hoodo, we got it and like a perfect moment when the crowd team and manager were one, the goal showed we can do it, when Klopp turned to us he was one of us, with all our frustrations but knowing it doesn't have to be like this, we can change it and all of us got it, never herad a response like it in the main Stand, they were one willing the team on, the only people who didn't get it was the Sunday League manager, some on here and sadly Tony Evans.

Well said that man. I wasn’t there, been struggling to get to the match for ages. But you could tell it was cementing a bond, changing a negativity that has circled Anfield for too long.

Imagine worrying about what other people think. What a massive waste of energy.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #925 on: December 14, 2015, 10:37:37 am »
Hang on, hang on.

Evans is @TonyEvans92a on Twitter after he left/got the sack from the Times, and you are 92A.

Woah! A great conspiracy revealed. :)
Those that who named themselves after the bus I used to get going the ground have the real claim to the name, not Tony Evans. By the way unlike some on here I like Tony Evans, don't agree with him all the time but like his books, maybe you're onto something ;)
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
« Reply #926 on: December 14, 2015, 10:40:38 am »
You don't give up, you play to the end. That's what he's celebrating and that attitude is exactly what we need.

this.
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline jonnyr

• Anny Roader
  • We had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #927 on: December 14, 2015, 10:44:25 am »
Worry all you like, but do it constructively and positively, without sounding like a wet blanket. If you want to criticise, try referring to some specific aspect of our performance you're concerned about. Talking about our poor defending of set pieces is something people can have a constructive discussion about. Throwing your hands up and saying 'woe is me, Southampton was a fluke' is not. It's just lazy.
Definitely not my best post, a bit of a knee-jerk reaction to a point, yes. It was a frustrating match to watch, but don't get me wrong, I'm 100% behind Klopp and love what I've seen that he's done for the club since he's arrived. It just bothered me since it seemed to me like I was seeing a bit of a regression (tactically) in this West Brom match, after Newcastle and all... Won't go any further into this because obviously we are clearly being hampered by player fitness issues and certain off-field matters. Of course if I was in the stands I wouldn't be "whinging" or anything like that ever, full positive vocal support always... but online message boards want to see if any people are seeing the game as I'm seeing it and discuss on occasion.

I was just a little confused with the team selection a bit from the start to be honest and wanted to air out my thoughts. Just curious on why exactly Lucas didn't start, amongst other things, if anyone had any input? Fitness, or...? IMO Emre Can is definitely not the midfield solution to unlocking teams like West Brom, not yet at least, although would love to see him develop further.

And the only reason I brought Rodgers up was because the way we played against West Brom did "feel" a bit more like a regression to that previous team, a "BR" performance that was a bit too chaotic and impatient in attack (thus exposing our back line too often), losing control in midfield too often, is all. But I'll just leave it at that... players have more time to train and further develop with the manager and understand his pressing style without the overloaded fixtures and midweek games for now... plenty of time to prep for Watford and Leicester. Onwards and upwards. Beat these two and the table will look more interesting approaching Christmas.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #928 on: December 14, 2015, 10:44:43 am »
A tweet on the Liverpool Echo

That was cringeworthy of the highest order, Very smalltime, You would expect that from the likes of man city but Liverpool ? No they are way bigger than that. He needs to wind that type of nonsense right in and remember where he his at. #embarrassing

Look, there is no 'right' or 'wrong' to support your football club. But some people just don't 'get it'.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #929 on: December 14, 2015, 10:47:53 am »
Yesterday we had some knobhead Sunday league fella shouting out to Klopp to bring On Ibe as if he knows more about football than Klopp. The grounds full of these types of knobheads moaning at every mistake, getting on to our own players,  but there are also those who want it different who aren't miserable bastards who want to support the team.
Last season 3 young lads, probably about 20, sat behind us who involved themselves in everything. This season is seems one of the lads comes with an older fella, probably his dad and his dads mate. I feel sorry for the young lad because this fella in his 50's (or so) just sits and moans at everything. It's boarding on abuse which we're getting fed up with now.
He's a miserable twat that doesn't seem to enjoy a single minute of the footy and every week makes them go 5 mins from the end. Its a relief when he fucks off but the poor young lad missed the 2nd goal yesterday.

I despise these type of people who haven't got a clue they are bad dickheads, fucking clueless.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #930 on: December 14, 2015, 10:48:19 am »
Spot on. The noise from the Upper Centenary was something I haven't heard in a long, long time at the end.

If Klopp can make it 'acceptable' to make noise and cheer and shout and sing and get behind the team every minute of ever game, then Anfield is going to be a scary place to visit.

And let's face it, the last time we had any togetherness as fans was when Rafa was here.
The Main Stand Moaners had the Upper Centenary Corporate Wannabees off yesterday, no problem Andy.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #931 on: December 14, 2015, 10:48:32 am »
I'm right behind Klopp in the ground and if you were there you'd get it totally. Start off Ok and then we seem to be drifting into the script we've seen against so many 'park the bus' teams. This is our greatest challenge how we play against teams that aren't as good as us who want to stop us playing.

Exactly that, was in the Anny road and just stood mesmerised by Klopp after the equaliser went in, he went fucking mental which most not at the match did not see. Beating his chest running around for ages and then the ref had to come over at the request of the assistant ref and ask him to calm down, to which he basically told them to fuck off turned around and rilled up the crowd some more. Never seen the main stand like that for ages. Me and me mate just stood looking thinking this guy is fucking unreal, I love it! Don't understand why MOTD didn't show any of this at all??

For me it was a combo of all of this and crowd reaction bringing him to salut the crowd, didn't actually know it was a traditional thing in Germany but even before then I got it wasn't to salut mainly the result but the crowd. Think if you are a 'fan' and want to try belittling or seriously criticising Klopp and what he is trying to do right now I hope you go elsewhere. The change from the Palace game was great in terms of people staying and going mental at the end. Leaving the ground yesterday I felt great and it was weird as it didn't feel like a draw against west brom at all.

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #932 on: December 14, 2015, 10:49:22 am »

Look, there is no 'right' or 'wrong' to support your football club. But some people just don't 'get it'.

reminds me of the "jaded bitter old guys" at punk gigs these days, don't smile, stand at the back with your arms folded, never have fun, never enjoy yourself, got some self inflicted "reputation" to protect.
It is terribly simple."

Offline jonnyr

• Anny Roader
« Reply #933 on: December 14, 2015, 10:53:24 am »
Klopp taking the players in front of the Kop at the final whistle, and the reaction since, tells you a lot about Klopp and modern football. Klopp is taking the players to thank the supporters for their support. It’s easy to see from Klopp’s comments over the last few months, that he wants to involve the crowd more. He understands how much the fans can help the team and influence the team. He’s used the ‘stick’ approach with his previous comments about ‘feeling alone’, maybe yesterday was the ‘carrot’ approach. I also think Klopp realises there’s a disconnect between the players and the fans. This isn’t something exclusive to Liverpool, but is something that every Premier League supporter must feel. I’m not sure what things are like in Serie A or La Liga, but in the Budesliga there seems to be a stronger bond between the players and the fans. Maybe Klopp wants to recreate that bond because it’ll help the team in the long run. Maybe he’s just a genuinely nice fella and he feels like it’s the right thing to do to get footballers who are being paid millions per year to thank the fans for their support. Maybe it’s a bit of both. Whatever the long term aim was, no one should be questioning the sentiment of the gesture.

Any Liverpool supporter who is construing the players going in front of the crowd at the end of the game as ‘celebrating a draw’ is a fucking idiot. Now I’d have liked to have come up with something more witty but ‘fucking idiot’ seemed the most appropriate phrase. Anyone who is using this as a stick to beat the manager with can do one. The reaction of rival supporters has been predictable if nothing else. It’s also highlights one of my bugbears of modern football -  one up manship. Rivalry, taking the piss and laughing at other fans has always been part of football and something we’ve all probably done. In the past that’s mostly with just local fans (i.e. Everton supporters) or through chants at the game when you actually played that rival team. Maybe it shows my age but beyond Everton fans I didn’t speak to a fan from another club (either in real life or online) till about 2000. Before that point I wouldn’t of had a clue what United, Spurs, Chelsea fans thought of the end of the game yesterday.  Nowadays, I get the impression that for some football fans, ours included, football isn’t really about having fun and supporting your own team. It’s more about how can make the wittiest tweet or the best vine to take the piss out of your rivals - all in the name of BANTZ. You only need to look at the reaction to yesterday. A manager taking his players to thank the supporters is being mocked. A manager who is trying to establish a link between fans and players that has been eroded over the last 10-15 years has some of his own supporters questioning why.

I just hope Klopp doesn’t get worn down by all the bullshit that surrounds English football. You can bet your bottom dollar that his next press conference will contain questions about the end of yesterday’s game. I hope he uses all of this in a positive manner. I hope our fans do too. Don’t buy into the bullshit that yesterday was anything but a good thing. We need to get back to the situation where you are either with us or against us. Us versus the rest of the World and fuck anyone who gets in our way. We are at our best as a club when it’s that way.
Preach on.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #934 on: December 14, 2015, 10:55:44 am »

'Remember where he is'? He's at a club that haven't won the league for 20+ years, with an increasingly non-existant home atmosphere.  Do people think things will suddenly change if we're just doing the same things?

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #935 on: December 14, 2015, 10:56:09 am »

It'll be an Everton fan still smarting from the justifiable stick they got for invading the pitch at Bournemouth...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline the 92A

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #936 on: December 14, 2015, 10:57:52 am »
Exactly that, was in the Anny road and just stood mesmerised by Klopp after the equaliser went in, he went fucking mental which most not at the match did not see. Beating his chest running around for ages and then the ref had to come over at the request of the assistant ref and ask him to calm down, to which he basically told them to fuck off turned around and rilled up the crowd some more. Never seen the main stand like that for ages. Me and me mate just stood looking thinking this guy is fucking unreal, I love it! Don't understand why MOTD didn't show any of this at all??

For me it was a combo of all of this and crowd reaction bringing him to salut the crowd, didn't actually know it was a traditional thing in Germany but even before then I got it wasn't to salut mainly the result but the crowd. Think if you are a 'fan' and want to try belittling or seriously criticising Klopp and what he is trying to do right now I hope you go elsewhere. The change from the Palace game was great in terms of people staying and going mental at the end. Leaving the ground yesterday I felt great and it was weird as it didn't feel like a draw against west brom at all.
It was great, when the ref came over, the Main stand went mental, united with the manager, these arl fades were prepared to walk through walls with him, all the moaners were sent straight back thirty years to their youths, when we used to destroy any doubters. It was like back to the future, I was waiting for them to turn around to the West Brom and start singing 'your going home in a fucking Ambulance'

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #937 on: December 14, 2015, 10:58:02 am »
Last season 3 young lads, probably about 20, sat behind us who involved themselves in everything. This season is seems one of the lads comes with an older fella, probably his dad and his dads mate. I feel sorry for the young lad because this fella in his 50's (or so) just sits and moans at everything. It's boarding on abuse which we're getting fed up with now.
He's a miserable twat that doesn't seem to enjoy a single minute of the footy and every week makes them go 5 mins from the end. Its a relief when he fucks off but the poor young lad missed the 2nd goal yesterday.

I despise these type of people who haven't got a clue they are bad dickheads, fucking clueless.

It's a fucking wind up isn't it, I feel i've posted about the sort of stuff too often. Was a guy yesterday in the Anny road screaming at Mignolet in the second half calling him a c*nt and more, which he could easily hear as the guy was on row 6. Just unbelievable the mentality of some fans and I hope we get to a stage were more people have the bottle to say something. Saw lots of fans yesterday gesturing at the few who left early, which was great and its a long shot but I'm sure if Klopp was to mention something it'd soon shut a lot of them up.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #938 on: December 14, 2015, 10:58:38 am »
The Main Stand Moaners had the Upper Centenary Corporate Wannabees off yesterday, no problem Andy.

I should point out, I'm as far away from the Corporate divvies as it's possible to be (In every way) :P

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #939 on: December 14, 2015, 11:02:27 am »
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the atmosphere at BD was pretty average before Klopp arrived and now it has argubly the best atmosphere in world football. How much of that is down to Klopp. It has to be more to it than simply them becoming more successful. Klopp understands that when you have the crowd behind you you can do pretty much anything.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #940 on: December 14, 2015, 11:04:42 am »
Stoke and Palace are better without him

They are both playing some decent stuff now, and challenging higher up in the league than they ever did under Pulis, not surprisingly.

I had the misfortune to see John Beck's Cambridge Utd when I was younger, with Dion Dublin up front.  You would've thought that teams like that would've died a death in the top leagues but Pulis has that candle burning bright.

There's no way I could be a season ticket holder with him managing my team!!

It will get you midtable finishes, but it is horendous to watch.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #941 on: December 14, 2015, 11:09:02 am »
Btw what's up with the stupid referee telling Klopp to calm down after we scored?
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #942 on: December 14, 2015, 11:09:16 am »
They are both playing some decent stuff now, and challenging higher up in the league than they ever did under Pulis, not surprisingly.

I had the misfortune to see John Beck's Cambridge Utd when I was younger, with Dion Dublin up front.  You would've thought that teams like that would've died a death in the top leagues but Pulis has that candle burning bright.

There's no way I could be a season ticket holder with him managing my team!!

It will get you midtable finishes, but it is horendous to watch.

You consolidate your position and then you build on it. Pulis laid laid solid foundations for Pardew and Hughes to build on.
I don't have a problem with Pulis' 10 men behind the ball football, you do what you have to do. I do, however, have a problem with thuggish career threatening tackles.

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #943 on: December 14, 2015, 11:10:09 am »
Btw what's up with the stupid referee telling Klopp to calm down after we scored?

this is England don't you know!

Christ I hate this miserable country.
It is terribly simple."

Online DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #944 on: December 14, 2015, 11:10:28 am »

I was in the main stand, couldn't stop laughing at Klopp roaring at the crowd for encouragement, it was manic.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #945 on: December 14, 2015, 11:10:57 am »
Very happy. Just back from the match now.

Klopp gets us. He got the Kop bouncing. He got the ground bouncing.

We came back from a deffo loss. Anyone taking negatives from that should just fuck off. Honestly. Fuck. Off.

We are a work in progress. We have big issues. We need work. We are not good enough.

But Klopp gets it. He gets us.

That was a loss today. Stone wall loss.

And we drew. Obviously I'd rather we fucking won 8-0 but we didn't.

Made up. Draw from a loss.

Amen.  This is all that needs saying on yesterday really.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #946 on: December 14, 2015, 11:14:47 am »
That was the best atmosphere at Anfield since 13/14 (the title challenging season). And yesterday we were playing West Brom.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #947 on: December 14, 2015, 11:16:36 am »
I was in the main stand, couldn't stop laughing at Klopp roaring at the crowd for encouragement, it was manic.

Even looking across at the pitch from the opposite side of the ground, everyone was loving it.

He's a mad man! (In a great way) - if the players become half as passionate as him, then there are going to be some great shows on the way.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #948 on: December 14, 2015, 11:22:05 am »
Even looking across at the pitch from the opposite side of the ground, everyone was loving it.

He's a mad man! (In a great way) - if the players become half as passionate as him, then there are going to be some great shows on the way.

And that's ALL that is needed.  The moaning bellends on social media and internet forum and opp fans can fuck off. As long as the match going fans and players are responding to Klopp, he has done his job. Rest all is white noise.

Hope the miserable negativity doesn't make him change his ways.

Offline jonnyr

• Anny Roader
« Reply #949 on: December 14, 2015, 11:24:33 am »
We have a manager who is showing the same emotions as us. It's honest, raw and what we've needed for such a long time to unite things. Said it before and will say it again that if you think the cleverness in negativity is worthwhile then you've messed up somewhere. Use that energy better

Great little post. Quickly sums up what a true supporter should be. The overtly negative miserable and moany fucks just need to stay the fuck out. Support the team. Try to enjoy your time, give the players a boost.

Every player on a pitch can get affected in some way by too much anxiousness/negativity...

And every player picks up on any negative energy at *some* level, which does affect their performance. Some more than others. Goes without saying. Obviously. Support your fucking team, have fun and stop moaning. Win Lose or Draw.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #950 on: December 14, 2015, 11:33:57 am »
to the game though, the start was fine for us, and us getting an early goal was perfect against a team like WBA... if we could have kept that clean sheet, or prevented a foul/free kick, we would have been alright... it would have forced WBA/Pulis to actually attack (not in the physically attacking players sense) and thus opened them up... the fact that they managed to get a set piece and score from it pretty soon after conceding didn't help really...

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #951 on: December 14, 2015, 11:39:47 am »
That was the best atmosphere at Anfield since 13/14 (the title challenging season). And yesterday we were playing West Brom.
Bottom Line.

And those who are lucky enough to visit Anfield should hound those who whinge, moan and stifle what's happening.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #952 on: December 14, 2015, 11:43:23 am »
For anyone who wants to look beyond what twitter, facebook, TV media or the oppo fans are saying about it and cares what Klopp thinks:

He said: "Maybe the crowd was disappointed but they didn't let us feel [it], and that's the thing: we all were in the game, concentrated, we all wanted to get this one point at the end and it felt like three. In this moment, it was an explosion.
"It was the best atmosphere since I have been here. I really enjoyed it and at the end -- I don't know if it's normal in England -- I wanted to say thank-you, that's all. Together with the team it was great, it was absolutely great."

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #953 on: December 14, 2015, 11:43:45 am »
Brilliant what Klopp did yesterday.

After the Palace game he mentioned how there is always a chance to score a goal. When fans leave early and basically give up, it affects the players and everybody becomes mentally resigned to defeat.

By breaking that habit, a team might grab an extra 5-10 points or more a season.

Yesterday he proved a point, but he also showed his appreciation to the fans for not giving up and getting on board.

People will moan that we should not be needing to score late equalisers against the likes of West Brom but sometimes football is like that - there is no entitlement.

Ferguson's teams always scrapped to the end, whether it was for a point against relegation fodder or for a win against a European rival.

It was anything but small-time; in fact, it reminded everyone of the never-say-die attitude that is essential for success. That's why he is the right man for this job.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #954 on: December 14, 2015, 11:45:02 am »
1 - Fuck off with calling our manager Moyes like
2 - Repeat 1
3 - Repeat 1

Like many here I was there too. Anfield changed in an instant and we have people wanting to deride that?

Spot on. I'm enthralled by Jurgen during, before and after games. He's been quality since he's been here and it's only just begun.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #955 on: December 14, 2015, 11:47:46 am »
Just his usual SSN'esque tweets...sly digs at the club and the manager...the real purpose of which is to attract sales for his new book
Stopped listening to him ages ago. How media employ him as a voice on Liverpool is sad and probably empowers him.

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #956 on: December 14, 2015, 11:50:02 am »
Brilliant what Klopp did yesterday.

After the Palace game he mentioned how there is always a chance to score a goal. When fans leave early and basically give up, it affects the players and everybody becomes mentally resigned to defeat.

By breaking that habit, a team might grab an extra 5-10 points or more a season.

Yesterday he proved a point, but he also showed his appreciation to the fans for not giving up and getting on board.

People will moan that we should not be needing to score late equalisers against the likes of West Brom but sometimes football is like that - there is no entitlement.

Ferguson's teams always scrapped to the end, whether it was for a point against relegation fodder or for a win against a European rival.

It was anything but small-time; in fact, it reminded everyone of the never-say-die attitude that is essential for success. That's why he is the right man for this job.

reminded me a lot of a ferguson side. which makes me a bit sad but hopeful at the same time.
It is terribly simple."

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #957 on: December 14, 2015, 11:56:05 am »
When people come up with excuses that you can't generate a good atmosphere in Anfield anymore, that is exactly what they are, excuses. The last 15 minutes were incredible.

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #958 on: December 14, 2015, 11:57:37 am »
It's more akin to a Ferguson stunt than a Moyes.

(I'm trying to get quotaed on Redcafe)

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #959 on: December 14, 2015, 12:03:07 pm »
It's more akin to a Ferguson stunt than a Moyes.

(I'm trying to get quotaed on Redcafe)

;)

In my mind, Klopp has already achieved more here than Ferguson ever did at Manchester United. Not in terms of trophies, but the impact he has had.

Also, there's a touch of Roberto Carlos about Brad Smith. I think we should use him to supply Benteke with his whippy crosses. He's probably the best crosser in the league on current form.
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"