Author Topic: Racism in Football  (Read 147953 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Racism in Football
« Reply #1400 on: January 31, 2021, 11:15:37 pm »

Verified IDs is the way forward. Employers would not be able to access the data so they wouldn’t be able to determine who was posting any more than they can now. As for the argument about freedom of speech, you cannot throw racist abuse at somebody and claim that you have a right to say whatever you want to. Yes there is a risk that some people will get a ban from social media incorrectly but I’d rather take that risk than allow racists to be able to say whatever they want to.

I disagree as too many Govs would use it as a free tracking service.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1401 on: January 31, 2021, 11:41:02 pm »
Verified IDs is the way forward. Employers would not be able to access the data so they wouldn’t be able to determine who was posting any more than they can now. As for the argument about freedom of speech, you cannot throw racist abuse at somebody and claim that you have a right to say whatever you want to. Yes there is a risk that some people will get a ban from social media incorrectly but I’d rather take that risk than allow racists to be able to say whatever they want to.

Even though my few socials aren't anonymous, I think that anonymity online is essential for a fair and free internet. It also does nothing to fix the actual problem of racism in itself - that needs much more than twitter bans or even arrests. Imagine the mine of information we'd be giving to big tech if ID was essential.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #1402 on: February 1, 2021, 12:39:26 am »
Even though my few socials aren't anonymous, I think that anonymity online is essential for a fair and free internet. It also does nothing to fix the actual problem of racism in itself - that needs much more than twitter bans or even arrests. Imagine the mine of information we'd be giving to big tech if ID was essential.

I'd suggest an independent way that nobody other than the police or judges can access. Maybe there could be a big leak of data but make it that there are two pieces of information that are needed to establish who posted the comments. Ok so people can claim that they left their laptop unlocked and somebody else did it.

In principle though, I'd like to see that people cannot just waltz onto the internet and abuse people. As I said above, some people react badly to abuse especially if they are in a bad place mentally.

I cannot stand people who think it is ok to rip others to shreds online as if is some kinda blood sport.
#JFT97

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1403 on: February 2, 2021, 11:14:40 pm »
I worried about starting a separate thread, given the fact there’s a ‘Racism in Football’ thread lower down the page. But the mods will need to decide whether this needs to be merged or even scrapped.

Anyone watching tonight, or when it first aired?

I really like Micah. I think he’s a far better, and more articulate broadcaster than he is credited with; and far better than some of those who’ve been around a long time.

I mentioned in a post last week that it was disturbing how often other posters wrote disparaging stuff on RAWK about him, stuff that whilst not in any way racist, was nevertheless dismissive.

He’s really worth listening to; and if you haven’t caught up with it, I urge you to watch it.

I watched this tonight. It is a really eye opening documentary, we have a long way to go.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #1404 on: February 3, 2021, 09:17:14 am »
I watched this tonight. It is a really eye opening documentary, we have a long way to go.

Would be great if they opened it up. I only have a Now TV sports pass .

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1405 on: February 4, 2021, 12:40:52 pm »
Guy who sent Ian Wright racist messages got off with no criminalconviction.

Judge stated he 'didn't see anything to be gained' by giving a criminalconviction.

This shit's embarrassing and quite honestly disgusting. Things like 'comes from a good family' and 'he's a young lad' wind me up as they have fuck all baring on things like this and IMO it sends a message. You read that stuff and it isn't any form of deterrent for future racist messaging to anyone. I may be missguided and i'm happy to be informed so if anyone disagrees but it's getting ridiculous the reasons people are being let off for disgusting acts, I remember reading stories within the last 5-10 years of people getting let off for crimes because they've 'got bright futures' or attend certain schools/colleges/universities. Its ridiculous and not something afforded to everyone

Something needs to change and ASAP, things are getting out of hand and the fact people can send hate filled racist messages and the escape is simply deactivating an account when they can within 5 minutes open a new one is insane

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1406 on: February 8, 2021, 06:46:57 am »
Do we need to sack off the taking of the knee thing? Its one thing doing it against racist fans but in the 6 Nations game you had loads of players not taking part. Its been good in football but its a farce in other sports where clearly many sports stars dont give a shit.
« Last Edit: February 8, 2021, 10:17:27 am by a treeless whopper »

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1407 on: February 8, 2021, 09:33:59 am »
The whole thing is being represented in the wrong way. Became this huge debate in which people are focusing on the core values of a group instead of the actual meaning of a phrase which actually means a lot to a lot of people. Black Lives Matter is so much more than the choices one group have chosen as their statement for changes they would like to make.

To think there are droves of people who think its disgraceful that people stand up for themselves and want to be treated equally. As a black football fan it's been crushing seeing what a lot of people really think about my race and speaking up for ourselves.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1408 on: February 8, 2021, 09:55:18 am »
Do we need to sack off the taking of the knee thing? Its one thing doing it against racist fans but in the 6 Nations game you had loads of players not taking part. Its been good in football but its a farce in other sports where clearly may sports stars dont give a shit.

Sums up the uppity c*nts that play and  follow rugby. Shit sport

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1409 on: February 8, 2021, 10:14:48 am »

Sums up the uppity c*nts that play and  follow rugby. Shit sport

Rugby union has a terrible history when it comes to racism. The British Lions kept playing the Springboks all the way through the sports boycott of apartheid South Africa. Etonian pricks.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1410 on: February 10, 2021, 07:28:01 am »

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1411 on: February 10, 2021, 09:58:23 am »
Thanks for posting that John C. Wonderfully written and the first part sums up a huge problem. The whole i've got x friends thing has never made any sense and is a weak defence for someones beliefs and how they act.

I grew up in a predominantly white area in the 90s, in my primary school year, I was the one single black kid in my year and in the whole school I could count on one hand the amount of black kids there were. It wasn't until years later that I realised just how many things were said about me and to me with racist undertones or just outright racism. Some of the worst instances of racism i've experienced have been related to football and the single worst one in which I was pinned to a wall at knife point in a quiet area by 3 much older and larger males was so ridiculous it didn't make one bit of sense... but apparently if England lose to Portugal, anyone who isn't white MUST be portugese!!!

Its quite concerning how many people hide their beliefs and the excuses used to minimalise how bad racist language and actions are. The Rashford thing I found ironic and summed up something that's been going on for years, if some are doing something beneficial then praise through gritted teeth is applied but let them miss a penalty, make a mistake or do something that costs a side and you see the toxic abuse come flying out, many times from the same people.

Many things still need to change and the punishments for racist behaviour within the game are feeble. But there are a huge amount of things people dont even seem to notice in football, watch any world cup and listen to the description of say Nigeria and Iceland, the difference is huge. Sometimes I remember a football pundit actually sat and called a player a fucking lazy thick n*gger and i'm blown away
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 10:01:21 am by RyanBabel19 »

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1412 on: February 10, 2021, 01:36:08 pm »
Thanks for posting that John C. Wonderfully written and the first part sums up a huge problem. The whole i've got x friends thing has never made any sense and is a weak defence for someones beliefs and how they act.

I grew up in a predominantly white area in the 90s, in my primary school year, I was the one single black kid in my year and in the whole school I could count on one hand the amount of black kids there were. It wasn't until years later that I realised just how many things were said about me and to me with racist undertones or just outright racism. Some of the worst instances of racism i've experienced have been related to football and the single worst one in which I was pinned to a wall at knife point in a quiet area by 3 much older and larger males was so ridiculous it didn't make one bit of sense... but apparently if England lose to Portugal, anyone who isn't white MUST be portugese!!!

Its quite concerning how many people hide their beliefs and the excuses used to minimalise how bad racist language and actions are. The Rashford thing I found ironic and summed up something that's been going on for years, if some are doing something beneficial then praise through gritted teeth is applied but let them miss a penalty, make a mistake or do something that costs a side and you see the toxic abuse come flying out, many times from the same people.

Many things still need to change and the punishments for racist behaviour within the game are feeble. But there are a huge amount of things people dont even seem to notice in football, watch any world cup and listen to the description of say Nigeria and Iceland, the difference is huge. Sometimes I remember a football pundit actually sat and called a player a fucking lazy thick n*gger and i'm blown away
I've quoted your whole post rather than snipping it mate because we should thank you for illustrating plainly how fucking awful it is and although people may say society has made progress, it hasn't really has it. The only progress is that it's recognised how egregiously awful it is.

Cheers RB.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1413 on: February 10, 2021, 03:21:31 pm »
I've quoted your whole post rather than snipping it mate because we should thank you for illustrating plainly how fucking awful it is and although people may say society has made progress, it hasn't really has it. The only progress is that it's recognised how egregiously awful it is.

Cheers RB.

Thanks mate, really appreciate that and I was chuffed when I saw black lives matter at the top of the forum.

It’s suchhh a broad subject and there’s still so much work to be done. I feel sorry for a lot of people when things happen and think the internet can swing between fantastic and ludicrous, it’s great to be able to have discussions like this but there is so much toxic content out there. As we’ve seen recently there are many people hiding behind online personas and having the tools in place to say awful things to someone in the public eye then simply deactivate their account and create a new one before you can even say social media. More needs to be done in terms of consequences for these cowardly people hurling insults at ANYONE because of something as simple as their skin colour, beliefs, sex or sexuality or anything else people are being discriminated against because of.

I would advise many to look into the reasons for many things before commenting on them or forming an opinion because education makes such a difference and some of the things that are spun into news stories are not as they are painted to be. I have a lot to learn about things myself and look to read up on a multitude of subjects as I believe it’s important, everyone doesn’t have to do the same but I do feel understanding something allows for you to speak from a position of knowledge. I will never know how it feels to live as a white woman, a gay man or many other things, but I will always look to understand them and what they live through or their experiences that I cannot have due to our differences.

I’ve seen a hell of a lot of talk about the racist incidents occurring recently and some of it is nothing short of insulting like suggesting black players should remove their instagrams so they don’t get abuse (not literally as simple as that but it was along those lines) and the truth is, no one should have to do this, the abuse is the part that’s wrong, not the player having social media and stating that isn’t some sort of ignorance is bliss approach, more holding those in position to change things (the twitters, facebooks and instagrams) accountable for what they’re allowing. There has become so many wayward approaches to all this and again I don’t expect everyone to know everything, but sometimes things like Barnes speaking on a racist incident or issue is held up almost as a ‘look, this prominent black figure in sport agrees with my point’. Barnes speaks brilliantly on these issues at times but as no human being can be for any group, he isn’t the spokesperson for black people and can be incorrect or hold a view that some disagree with, him being black doesn’t give his argument extra weight. I fully understand AND relate to how difficult it can be to get things right but people all over need to stop using these kinds of things to say I told you so! On some things I’ve agreed with Barnes on others I haven’t and that’s fine. There’s no rule set in stone for who is talking sense and who isn’t, again education is key.

In football I’d like to see action, the authorities seem to like the idea they’re making huge strides without actually doing the work. Getting things wrong is okay, we learn more from failure than success, but it’s the repeat mistakes that really hit home for me and I’m sick of seeing them hand out a slap on the wrist while much less important issues get the book thrown at them. I have people around me in different capacities who follow many different clubs and during the whole booing of taking the knee I heard ‘black lives matter hold bad core values though’ it was spectacularly missing the point. Taking the knee isn’t simply a gesture for the black lives matter group, it’s a gesture for equality, it’s a gesture symbolising that racism is wrong and we should unite against this vile action, some have leapt to this belief that it symbolises the specific BLM group who have core values that are wrong when in reality that group do not OWN the phrase black lives matter and i’ve seen many claim the phrase is indicative that black people think they’re more important or deserve more when it couldn’t be further from the truth. It can be reflected in a slightly less catchy but more explanatory way by simply adding the word ‘too’, we’re saying our lives matter too, not more!!! The attachment to the group itself is where I feel many see taking the knee as an empty gesture but it should be thought of as a gesture of equality, not just some attachment to a group that many link to controversy

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1414 on: February 10, 2021, 04:08:31 pm »

Judge stated he 'didn't see anything to be gained' by giving a criminalconviction.

This shit's embarrassing and quite honestly disgusting. Things like 'comes from a good family' and 'he's a young lad' wind me up as they have fuck all baring on things like this and IMO it sends a message. You read that stuff and it isn't any form of deterrent for future racist messaging to anyone. I may be missguided and i'm happy to be informed so if anyone disagrees but it's getting ridiculous the reasons people are being let off for disgusting acts, I remember reading stories within the last 5-10 years of people getting let off for crimes because they've 'got bright futures' or attend certain schools/colleges/universities. Its ridiculous and not something afforded to everyone

Something needs to change and ASAP, things are getting out of hand and the fact people can send hate filled racist messages and the escape is simply deactivating an account when they can within 5 minutes open a new one is insane

Totally agree with this, its far deeper than just the few things seen on the surface. You'd think someone who sang in the church choir as a oy, lost both parents before the age of 19, studied Art, drew illustrations in magazines and was decorated for bravery in the war would fall under that kind of thinking by a court. Then you find out that person was Adolf Hitler and things change.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1415 on: February 10, 2021, 08:07:03 pm »
Totally agree with this, its far deeper than just the few things seen on the surface. You'd think someone who sang in the church choir as a oy, lost both parents before the age of 19, studied Art, drew illustrations in magazines and was decorated for bravery in the war would fall under that kind of thinking by a court. Then you find out that person was Adolf Hitler and things change.

Honestly mate it's frightening some of the excuses made. As you've displayed, you can make most people look good on paper, that shouldn't impact whether they get punished for a crime

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1416 on: February 10, 2021, 10:01:07 pm »

This this and this

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1417 on: February 11, 2021, 07:16:36 am »
Great post again mate, it's interesting what you say about John Barnes.

I will never know how it feels to live as a white woman, a gay man or many other things, but I will always look to understand them and what they live through or their experiences that I cannot have due to our differences.
This is fundamental to improving society. During the recent BLM protests I had that issue with just 1 or 2 people I know. They will never know and they will never understand.

You're spot on about the need to educate people, that is a societal failure at so many levels. Some will never be educated though.

Thanks again

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #1418 on: February 11, 2021, 08:03:02 am »
The "delete your social media" makes me very uncomfortable.

It's moving the "blame" onto the victim. Similar to blaming a rape victim for wearing revealing clothes or taking a drink from someone gives someone else the OK to take advantage of you.

I'm a white, 41 year old male. I've no doubt some of the stuff I've said in years gone by hurt people. The only thing I can do (aside from trying to track everyone I've ever met down) is to try and be better moving forward.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1419 on: February 11, 2021, 10:19:07 am »

Great post again mate, it's interesting what you say about John Barnes.
This is fundamental to improving society. During the recent BLM protests I had that issue with just 1 or 2 people I know. They will never know and they will never understand.

You're spot on about the need to educate people, that is a societal failure at so many levels. Some will never be educated though.

Thanks again

I love Barnes. I'm not old enough to have seen him play properly while he was in his prime but i've watched countless hours of footage and what a player. In terms of these racism issues, sometimes he words things so perfectly, there's nothing to add, its as nail on the head as you can get, but at other times he goes (for me) too far the other way and excuses some things I think shouldn't be excused, but he is his own person and we don't have to agree with everything he says. I always believe its important to speak about things on a case by case basis, someone can speak with incredible wisdom for 50 years then raise some questionable or outright wrong beliefs or views in the 51st year, it isn't any less questionable or wrong because of their previous wisdom, you just treat it as it is and learn to differentiate.

100% mate and people dont need to get their backs up at hearing that fact, its not a criticism, simply an observation. Women struggle through a hell of a lot of prejudice and discrimination and no one will never see me claiming 'I know how it feels', I never will but I have the understand of that and the understanding that supporting and standing up for women is how I can help instead of pretending I know how it feels for them. There may be similarities and parralels with some of my own experiences, but it will never be identical.

Thank you too John. It's great to have these discussions and all learn from them, there's so much knowledge out there

The "delete your social media" makes me very uncomfortable.

It's moving the "blame" onto the victim. Similar to blaming a rape victim for wearing revealing clothes or taking a drink from someone gives someone else the OK to take advantage of you.

I'm a white, 41 year old male. I've no doubt some of the stuff I've said in years gone by hurt people. The only thing I can do (aside from trying to track everyone I've ever met down) is to try and be better moving forward.

Thank you

Me too mate, it should never be the case and the onus should be on those in control of changing things. The vicitim blaming this is quite cowardly and no one should be blamed for being victimised regardless of their race, sex, age etc. Perception is a dangerous thing and as a society we have placed different levels of severity on different acts.

Mate, this current cancel culture is a double edged sword. I do feel the 'everyone makes mistakes' is thrown around a little too frequently absolving people of blame or consequence for some heinous stuff BUT at the same time we cant drag anyone who's ever offended someone over the coals. Learning and trying to be better is important and I salute you for both recognising and actioning that. To some it seems small but it's important these things are celebrated as it's what we need more of. The way you group up, who you associate with and where all have an impact on how you view things and some of that is out of your control, its vital we recognise this while also realising it cant be used to excuse everything. Unfortunately we are in an age where for young people, social media rules all and this warped perception of reality is the be all and end all for way too many, everyones got a platform to speak and although that brings out some beautiful stories and moments, it also frees up the sinister side of society and gives a voice to those who want to spread hate.

Some of the terms coming out worry me a little and one of the biggest is 'he's/she's/they're just saying what everyone thinks but is just afraid to say'. It never rings true and is simply people projecting their personal views and trying to create a less controversial way of expressing them, without having to admit 'this is how I really feel'.

The debate about many current issues opened my eyes to a lot of things going on around me and many people claiming to be friends or acquaintaces showed their true colours when speaking on these issues.

I am extremely patient but as with the Barnes thing, I think things are best isolated and looked at as individual incidents. There's a long way to go to change things but it's nice some look at things as an opportunity to learn and change in order to progress and help others.

Again thank you mate

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1420 on: February 11, 2021, 11:49:22 am »
Yan Dhanda the latest to be on the receiving end of social media racist abuse.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56020410
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1421 on: February 15, 2021, 10:03:49 pm »
James McClean receiving sickening racist, sectarian abuse yet again. The abuse he has to put up with from despicable low life scum is worse than anyone else I can think of. Constant, every week. What annoys me most is that whenever his name is mentioned there is always the "he doesn't wear a poppy" brought up. Like that's some kind of excuse.
If these social media outlets want to get serious about stopping abuse they only need to see the vile stuff he gets sent to speed the process up. Disgusting

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1422 on: February 16, 2021, 06:11:28 pm »
Yan Dhanda the latest to be on the receiving end of social media racist abuse.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56020410

I read about this the other day, really sad that Yan had to go through this, the scum responsible needs to be charged not just having his account halted.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1423 on: March 8, 2021, 05:39:39 pm »

The fourth official in the PSG vs Basaksehir Champions League match earlier in the season (8th December) has just been given his punishment...

'Romanian soccer ref banned for season over inappropriate word to describe Black coach':-

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/sebastian-coltescu-ban-uefa-black-coach-1.5940892

https://disciplinary.uefa.com/insideuefa/disciplinary/updates/0267-11bf9d6b7c9a-566da0e37bf1-1000--uefa-champions-league-paris-saint-germain-v-istanbul-basaksehir/#

« Last Edit: March 8, 2021, 07:10:48 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #1424 on: April 4, 2021, 09:00:16 pm »

Juan Cala has now "allegedly" just used a racial epithet towards Mouctar Diakhaby.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1425 on: April 4, 2021, 09:15:17 pm »
Valencia players walk off after alleged racial slur..

https://v.redd.it/95c4a7w1a7r61

Kemar Roofe shares racist abuse..

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNNqEGYjg8U/

:(
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1426 on: April 4, 2021, 09:34:43 pm »
Seems there’s an incident every gameweek. What is wrong with people?!

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #1427 on: April 4, 2021, 09:40:47 pm »

Javi Gracia: "In the changing rooms we were told if we didn't return, we would be sanctioned. We spoke with Diakha, about how he was, and he told us he wouldn't play but he understood perfectly we had to continue to avoid a possible sanction. So we returned."

Jose Gaya: "He told us he insulted him in a racist way. We went back out to play because they told us they could penalise us with three points and something more. He asked us to go back, he's gutted, it was a very ugly insult."

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1428 on: April 4, 2021, 09:41:49 pm »
Seems there’s an incident every gameweek. What is wrong with people?!

Some people are just thick as shit.

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1429 on: April 4, 2021, 09:44:50 pm »
See also Callum Robinson of WBA yesterday also got abuse on social media
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1430 on: April 4, 2021, 09:49:50 pm »
See also Callum Robinson of WBA yesterday also got abuse on social media

Sanchez of Spurs too just on BBC Sport.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1431 on: April 4, 2021, 09:53:29 pm »
Sanchez of Spurs too just on BBC Sport.

We stand with you next to the bus your manager threw you under.

Tottenham Hotspur
@SpursOfficial
We are disgusted by the racist messages received by Davinson Sanchez today and are calling on social media platforms to take action.

We stand with you, @daosanchez26, and all those continuing to suffer abuse online.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1432 on: April 4, 2021, 09:54:55 pm »
Social media is a complete shit show.

Gives keyboard warriors a forum to anonymously post their bile.   

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #1433 on: April 4, 2021, 10:01:11 pm »

Calla's facial expressions to me show he knows he is in deep shite. The ref's report includes Diakhaby telling him that Cala had racially abused him. He also stated none of the officials actually heard the words. A lengthy ban should serve him well.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1434 on: April 5, 2021, 11:41:04 am »
Javi Gracia: "In the changing rooms we were told if we didn't return, we would be sanctioned. We spoke with Diakha, about how he was, and he told us he wouldn't play but he understood perfectly we had to continue to avoid a possible sanction. So we returned."

Jose Gaya: "He told us he insulted him in a racist way. We went back out to play because they told us they could penalise us with three points and something more. He asked us to go back, he's gutted, it was a very ugly insult."

This is what fucks me off. Why are you penalising a side because they wont stand for some shit that no player should have to stand for?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1435 on: April 5, 2021, 11:46:35 am »

Absolutely fucked up.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #1436 on: April 5, 2021, 12:32:36 pm »
Tottenham Hotspur
@SpursOfficial
We are disgusted by the racist messages received by Davinson Sanchez today and are calling on social media platforms to take action.

We stand with you, @daosanchez26, and all those continuing to suffer abuse online.

...as their players continue to use those very same platforms
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1437 on: April 5, 2021, 12:43:37 pm »
Personally think they should have said "bring it on"

Offline OperationIvy

• Kopite
« Reply #1438 on: April 5, 2021, 12:44:21 pm »
This is what fucks me off. Why are you penalising a side because they wont stand for some shit that no player should have to stand for?

Because you have to follow the rules. At this stage it is only an accusation.

You can 't just refuse to play because of an accusation. It may be true, may be false, it may be him mis-hearing something else.

It opens up a big can of worms. People would be walking of the pitch left right and centre for all kinds of stuff.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1439 on: April 5, 2021, 01:02:30 pm »

...as their players continue to use those very same platforms

Why should they stop using those platforms?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT