Author Topic: FT Liverpool 3 vs Arsenal 1 (Firmino 9', Mane 40', Welbeck 57', Gini 92')  (Read 75158 times)

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
That run of great form we saw earlier in the season, it's a sign of what is to come I think.
The fact we had such a consistently great run of form at a time when we should expect to be inconsistent should have lifted everyone. Unfortunately it did the opposite as it set the bar in most people's eyes as the standard we should already always be at.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We looked strong throughout when asked to defend apart from the crazy adventure of some of our full backs. Overall though we deserved that victory.

Of course, without doubt.

Offline 5yearplan

• Main Stander
  • If you want to make God laugh tell him your plans
I can't see how it isn't - Firmino skins him, and is stopped by the defender pushing him over. Not shoulder to shoulder, not even charging in with his body, but both arms out, using them to hold and then push him over. Ref gave a free kick for a much lesser body block/push by Coutinho a few minutes later. Matip was also being held back on that header he fluffed - but sod it, we never get those sorts of decisions, except for once, maybe we did - Origi was probably fractionally off for their goal and for once it went our way. Thought he was quality when he came on.

But yeah, based on the 2nd half I thought Can was ace, though a little fortunate to stay on (another decision going our way! Two in a match!).

Anywhere else on the pitch, in my opinion, annoying thing is not that we didn't get a penalty but that they run up the pitch and score

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
After losing me dad this week, I sat there in the pub tonight utterly subdued all match. Didn't raise an eyebrow at anything that happened because what's the point if he wasn't watching it with me? Then the third goal goes in and I'm top of the fucking world. Out of nowhere, it all wasn't so bad.

That's what football is. That's what it's all about. Thanks, Reds.

That's football and that's life.  Sorry for your loss, mate.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
That's a bit more like it.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
After losing me dad this week, I sat there in the pub tonight utterly subdued all match. Didn't raise an eyebrow at anything that happened because what's the point if he wasn't watching it with me? Then the third goal goes in and I'm top of the fucking world. Out of nowhere, it all wasn't so bad.

So sorry to hear about your loss.  :(

"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Sorry for your loss, that win was for him.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
Phil looked fucked after 60.

I thought our three midfielder were running on gas after 60 mins. Maybe we need a bit more depth in the squad to keep the intensity up.

However I really enjoyed today
#JFT97

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan

Amazing.  :D

That is just outrageous.  :wellin

All of our front three have got fantastic first touches. They are all young too, just imagine them developing further.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan

Shit mate, sincere condolences and I really mean that. This is a happy thread and I hope it inspires you to give your dad a happy send off with a great win.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan

Offline Gazza-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fan-bloody-tastic! I thought Lallana was superb, I am not sure if there is anyone better in the world at what he does for us. Obviously Mane fantastic aswell but I thought Matip was equally as good.

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
Bobby looks like Luis in that gif

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
After losing me dad this week . . .
Ouch, terrible news on an otherwise great day.  Don't feel bad about feeling good about things, grief is a funny thing and often comes in fits and starts.  Plenty of support on here.  YNWA.

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
That was rather excellent, feels good.  But boy does that just add to the conundrum that we are eh? :D

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Great performance, great result. Lets just hope it's not another false dawn for us.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
That was rather excellent, feels good.  But boy does that just add to the conundrum that we are eh? :D

Said it in the half time thread, we could just as easily finish the season in 2nd as we could in 5th or 6th

There's no knowing what this team will do in the last 12 games, which in a roundabout way is kind of intriguing

We've basically been the footballing equivalent of a rapturous fart this season

We made our presence known early on, then gradually faded, but still haven't completely dissipated

Our odour still lingers strongly amongst the top 4. Breathe it in you cockney and mancunian c*nts

Inhale our venomous yet strangely inconsistent scent. For we shall take your Champions League places

Provided we beat Burnley at home like :P
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
Next season we are either going to win the league after sussing out how to play against shite teams or we're going to get relegated after good teams suss out how to play against us.

If we qualify for the Champions League, we could go very far.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
Great result, let's savour the moment as we have Burnley next  :o

When that third goal went in the celebration was mental!!! Pure relief

YNWA

Offline Greyfox

• Silver Fox's less distinguished brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird on my chest

Sorry for your loss...

Yer auld fella would be proud. Of you, your team, and you'll never walk alone.

Offline SwissV

• Legacy Fan
Bloody loved that.
Banging 7 goals in against Arsenal this year definitely isnt a bad showing. Well worth waking up at 3.50am. Shout out to my 6 month old too. Little bugger woke up just before my alarm and wouldnt go back to sleep till the game finished. Watched the whole game intently with me.
Origi will be our Lawendowski , quote me

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just got home from this. Good game, played well, had to stay resilient when it went 2-1. Atmosphere good.

Lallana was brilliant today. Everyone played well. Not gonna get ahead of myself though with this result just gonna enjoy it, watch it back, have a few bevvies and watch the boxing.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

My condolences fella.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
Great result and morale booster after monday night's clusterfuck.

How good was Mane though,he's electric at times and untouchable.

Sort this inconsistency out and we are going to be one helluva top team,like Jurgen said after the game we need to be patient.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Made hard work of that  ;)

Fully deserved though, some good shifts put in too. Fucking madness for Gini's goal too.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
He was sensational. He had more penetrative passes in the first half than Henderson in entire season. The cynical foul was also a thing of absolute beauty.

The talk of a huge drop-off from Hendo to Can was one of the worst shouts I read on this board. He's the most natural 6 in our squad and deserves to stay in the team.

Can - despite an improved performance - is nowhere near Henderson. Not even close.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
That was a bloody good performance

The fast start
The concentration throughout the game by all was at a very high level
Some of the interplay was excellent at times
The goals scored in the match (all of them) were a great standard, was an enjoyable game
We had more chances to win by a bigger margin
We controlled most of the game against a good team, even when they were growing into it

Can, Klavan I was happy with most to see put in that performance....the others I know they have it in them and see it more often from them so glad those two had a good game.

I enjoyed the goals but the nagging doubt about future/past games against inferior oppo still plays on my mind.
But will be blocked out tonight. Will just toast to the lads for now

Up the reds
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan

Best wishes mate.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Sorry to hear that mate. I know what it's like to lose your dad. Glad the reds cheered you up anyway.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain

Sorry to hear that.....sounds like he was a good mate and a good father.
#JFT97

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Phil looked fucked after 60.

It has taken him a long time to get over that injury to be honest. But I think he is looking a bit like the old Phil now. He just needs to build his strength up now.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
Get in reds! Now PLEASE make sure we follow this up by twatting Burnley next week!

Off to get pissed. Up the reds!!   :scarf :hally
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Puts my week of self pity in perspective over the Leicester match. Condolences  mate.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
Add Can to that list, he's not my favourite player at all but he was immense today. He was both inspirational and a calming influence, on 58 minutes he was telling Mignolet to hold on to the ball, he was motivating the lads and hardly put a foot wrong, great stuff from the lad.

He really needed to have a game like this, and I agree, he looked solid without trying to do anything showboaty, a mature performance.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
  :thumbup

Offline SteveLFC

• Kopite

Sorry to hear that mate.. I know how you feel. Lost my dad a couple of years ago a day before the match away at Southampton when Coutinho scored that wonder goal. Probably the only time in my life that I didn't feel like cheering a goal.

Offline timmyonions

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
    • timmyonions@gmail.com

Sorry for your loss,sounds like you`ve made some memories together.If football can help in any way then go with it pal.
That right peg hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes al gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a 20yr old StevenGerrard and your young self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in an the net is shivering and J.Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan