Author Topic: FT Liverpool 3 vs Arsenal 1 (Firmino 9', Mane 40', Welbeck 57', Gini 92')  (Read 75196 times)

Offline JG6

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
A lot of good performances, but big shout to Klavan, Lallana and Mane who were absolutely superb. Also thought big Divock did well when he came on, won a couple of free kicks, hit the post and set up the third goal - more of that.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
Will the real Liverpool please stand up?

This side is capable of some fantastic football, such as we saw this evening. *sigh* wholly enjoyable to watch after the non-performance of Monday and always good to be able to utterly lay into my brother-in-law. Although Monday and some of the performances have been appalling, this is what this side is truly capable of. How is it that Emre Can can look imperious against Arsenal/Man U/Chelsea, but look pedestrian and cumbersome against others? Firmino looks like he would not be out of place at Barca when he plays like he did tonight, but even Accrington would baulk other times.

Gonna enjoy this tonight though as that was great to watch for the majority of the game and when we learn to win fugly, we'll hit the jackpot.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Not thinking about Leicester.

Not thinking about Burnley.

Just enjoying the moment.

Precisely. Fucking boss.

And that win keeps the pricks away :)

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
He was sensational. He had more penetrative passes in the first half than Henderson in entire season. The cynical foul was also a thing of absolute beauty.

The talk of a huge drop-off from Hendo to Can was one of the worst shouts I read on this board. He's the most natural 6 in our squad and deserves to stay in the team.

I had to laugh at the cynical foul, A Liverpool player finally decides to take one for the team and the ball went straight to an Arsenal player who continued the attack anyway.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
Drive me up the fucking wall this team .....love Klopp though

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Top result. Some great performances, in particular mane and lallana

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
He was sensational. He had more penetrative passes in the first half than Henderson in entire season. The cynical foul was also a thing of absolute beauty.

The talk of a huge drop-off from Hendo to Can was one of the worst shouts I read on this board. He's the most natural 6 in our squad and deserves to stay in the team.

He's perfect at dropping in to be the third centre back. I never want to see him play box to box again. I want him to sign a new contract and be the no.6 backup. There's a player in there and many people forget how good he was there last year.

Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
They'll moan about Can not getting a yellow but Coquelin should have had two anyway by that point

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
I had to laugh at the cynical foul, A Liverpool player finally decides to take one for the team and the ball went straight to an Arsenal player who continued the attack anyway.
Ikr but it's nice to know he has it in his locker. It can be extremely important at times.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Good result but...
Real test of our issues hasn't so far been in home games against big clubs.
We still have a mountain to climb in order to become a serious contender.

Gini's smile gives me hope it's perhaps coming sooner rather then later.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good

:lmao :lmao

Fair play mate, that's funny as fuck. You might even hook a few who don't know your sense of humour.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
Great result.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Your nerves are steadier than mine, I was relieved when that 3rd went in. If you sat there thinking the game was over at 2-1 then fair play to you.

We looked strong throughout when asked to defend apart from the crazy adventure of some of our full backs. Overall though we deserved that victory.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub

Yeah this is an unmerited talking up.
Go and watch the tape - he struggled in the second half.
He gives it everything and had a good first half but his limitations were there to see in the second.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My director is a gooner, he's getting some shit on Monday  ;D

Loved that tonight and eventually Klopp will suss out how to consistently beat the shite teams too.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
Never in doubt. Amazing what a win does for your feelings.
Nice to see everyone happy on here.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
He gives it everything and had a good first half but his limitations were there to see in the second.
We really, really better not start talking about limitations of players in that position.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
Phil looked fucked after 60.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian

Your a piece of work aren't you? One very good half and now he deserves to stay on the team? Please.

And more penetrative passes in one half than Henderson's entire season? I don't think even you believe that bullshite.

Offline 5yearplan

• Main Stander
  • If you want to make God laugh tell him your plans
I have to ask, thats a penalty on Firmino just before their goal, Right?

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He's perfect at dropping in to be the third centre back. I never want to see him play box to box again. I want him to sign a new contract and be the no.6 backup. There's a player in there and many people forget how good he was there last year.

Still not sure what his best position is - still not convinced it's not centre back especially in a 3 but don't think we'll see him play there again

Offline MinnyRed

• Kopite
Can't find the gif of the Arsenal fan (nose ring) throwing a bitter-like fit when we smashed them
 4-1 a few years back. He made another Tv appearance today.

Someone post it please  :D

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We really, really better not start talking about limitations of players in that position.

We're talking about Can who played today and you either watched the second half or you didn't. He wasn't good.
As I posted earlier not entirely his fault as our fullbacks were playing needlessly high but he struggled

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
Excellent win. I thought Can had good game, particularly as he put himself about and really competed in a sometimes frantic midfield. He wasn't great against Leicester, who was, but again he was physical which is a developing part of his game. Great to see Jurgen enjoying the win.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
A lot of good performances, but big shout to Klavan, Lallana and Mane who were absolutely superb.
Add Can to that list, he's not my favourite player at all but he was immense today. He was both inspirational and a calming influence, on 58 minutes he was telling Mignolet to hold on to the ball, he was motivating the lads and hardly put a foot wrong, great stuff from the lad.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR

In real time I thought no way, he's gone down too easy but the more I saw of it the more it looked like a penalty each time.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I didn't think it was.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
soooo ... top 4?
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

You're a real special guy.  Real special.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
soooo ... top 4?

If you insist...i'll take it.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
soooo ... top 4?

Is very much achievable! ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Your a piece of work aren't you? One very good half and now he deserves to stay on the team? Please.

And more penetrative passes in one half than Henderson's entire season? I don't think even you believe that bullshite.

He didn't even dangle good bait to hook quite a few fish. For shame.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
First on MOTD as well, happy days.

Offline 5yearplan

• Main Stander
  • If you want to make God laugh tell him your plans
In real time I thought no way, he's gone down too easy but the more I saw of it the more it looked like a penalty each time.

I'm sure it was, I watched the replay, he's just pushed him over

Offline MinnyRed

• Kopite
I didn't think it was.

Not a penalty. Was annoyed with Bob there. Goes down easy gives the  ball away and they track right down and score. 

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
soooo ... top 4?

On paper yes it should be ours but those games that look easy are difficult for us. I felt that the Leicester game would kill our resolve but this win should bring the morale up again.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
soooo ... top 4?

When you look at the games everyone has left I reckon we're slight favorites to get it

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.

Good performance and result.

Well done lads.

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
soooo ... top 4?
Still outsiders for it.... one because the others have games in hand.... win them and we're back down again..... and two because we're so inconsistent...... Burnley next

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan
Great result... everyone was good... thought can put in a huge shift and made some clever tackles and fouls