Author Topic: Greedfall  (Read 954 times)

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Greedfall
« on: September 10, 2019, 02:00:12 pm »
Anyone else got this?

Came out today.

It looks absoloutely gorgeous on a release day PS4 so can imagine it’d look even better on a pro, except for the facial animations being off putting slightly.

The combat is challenging, with both parry and dodge mechanics needing to be mastered and the story and overall setting seem interesting.

Can’t wait to delve deeper into it.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
Re: Greedfall
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 02:02:37 pm »
I was tempted to get it and still am. However, I've recently started a new try to finish Elex and I'm not sure I can do both at the same time. And I'm a bit sceptical with Greedfall because I didn't really like the other rpgs the developer has made...

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 02:33:31 pm »
I was tempted to get it and still am. However, I've recently started a new try to finish Elex and I'm not sure I can do both at the same time. And I'm a bit sceptical with Greedfall because I didn't really like the other rpgs the developer has made...

The developer thing put me off getting it at first but every reviewer upto it said the developers have gone all out to avoid having a game plagued with the same problems their previous titles have had.

So far so good for me 👍

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 04:12:08 pm »
Hadn't heard of this until I saw this thread - watched a trailer and I'm very much considering buying it.

I'm craving a new Witcher. God of War was really great, but just not quite The Witcher 3.  This has piqued my interest though.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 04:16:17 pm »
Hadn't heard of this until I saw this thread - watched a trailer and I'm very much considering buying it.

I'm craving a new Witcher. God of War was really great, but just not quite The Witcher 3.  This has piqued my interest though.

It’s a lot slower than the Witcher, combat is quite similar, though not as fluid and the maps aren’t completely open, each map has a zone that you explore, sort of like Monster Hunter, with each zone being a different part of the map.

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 05:10:30 pm »
It’s a lot slower than the Witcher, combat is quite similar, though not as fluid and the maps aren’t completely open, each map has a zone that you explore, sort of like Monster Hunter, with each zone being a different part of the map.
Cheers. More like Witcher 2 than 3, by the sounds of it (still sounds boss)

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 09:07:21 pm »
I hate the Witcher's combat. And Greedfall is getting mixed reviews so far. ACG really liked it despite some flaws, SkillUp didn't like it because of the flaws. Seems like the game is good, but you can see that they didn't have the biggest budget. Will definitely try it in the future, but probably not right now with Borderlands 3 coming out this week and the new Obsidian game in a month...