Author Topic: Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4,Xbox One,PC)  (Read 36621 times)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4,Xbox One,PC)
« Reply #200 on: July 2, 2015, 10:00:57 pm »
Ha! Sure it's happening then, way too many references to just be a nod to him

Have you listened to the answer machine messages in Wayne Tower? Lex Luthor leaves a message for Bruce Wayne.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #201 on: July 2, 2015, 10:02:53 pm »
Ha! Sure it's happening then, way too many references to just be a nod to him

There's references to most of the Justice League (Flash included :P), but definitely a lot more for Superman than anyone else.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #202 on: July 2, 2015, 10:40:25 pm »
If anyone wants to buy my copy of this game PM me. Sealed ps4 version. Had it for a week, but don't plan on unwrapping anytime soon since I'm busy with bloodbourne and have the witcher 3 after that.
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: July 2, 2015, 10:54:07 pm »
Have you listened to the answer machine messages in Wayne Tower? Lex Luthor leaves a message for Bruce Wayne.

Nope! Had a holiday coming up so only really had time to rush through the main story and a bit of side bosses
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: July 2, 2015, 10:57:37 pm »
Can't be arsed with the side missions at all in this.

Story is good but think I'll trade it in once the story is done and dusted.

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #205 on: July 3, 2015, 09:17:31 am »
Ordered this yesterday.

Couldn't get into Origins but loved the other two.

Should arrive today, it'll take something special for me now I've finished The Witcher but it looks class.

Offline Joseph-Immanuel Queen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: July 3, 2015, 11:28:09 am »
Just met the "Creature of the Night" for the first time... I nearly got a heart attack.... hope I wasn't the only one...

Came in to say exactly the same thing. Scared the bejesus out of me!

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: July 3, 2015, 11:47:50 am »
Came in to say exactly the same thing. Scared the bejesus out of me!

Me too, fucking weird thing.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: July 3, 2015, 11:51:38 am »
Really enjoying this. Not that far into it but done quite a few side missions too

Any chance of using spoiler tags?

Online Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #209 on: July 5, 2015, 02:02:26 am »
Picked this up this week and gave it a good go today really enjoying it but the non stop tank battles so far are a bit shit. Other then that I'm loving it.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #210 on: July 5, 2015, 09:00:41 am »
Finally got it yesterday.

Was hungover to hell only played 30 minutes but didn't feel it right away. Coming from almost a solid month of witcher the change in controls is what got me.

Hopefully tonight with a clear head I'll get into it a bit.

Looks good though.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #211 on: July 5, 2015, 02:32:33 pm »
Getting there with the Riddler trophies. Collected everything from the three islands and Panessa Studios. It's a slog though, isn't it? Not so bad when you're outdoors but indoors is trickier since you can't set a waypoint.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #212 on: July 5, 2015, 02:51:51 pm »
Getting there with the Riddler trophies. Collected everything from the three islands and Panessa Studios. It's a slog though, isn't it? Not so bad when you're outdoors but indoors is trickier since you can't set a waypoint.

They're not too bad if you've got all the riddler informants, but they were definitely harder inside than out.

I'm on my way to a platinum now. Got all but 3 trophies left. Although one of those is to finish the game again on new game plus which is going to a be a challenge.

Offline mattybeard

• Chicken Fondler. Group hug? Anyone?
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #213 on: July 7, 2015, 09:27:31 am »
They're not too bad if you've got all the riddler informants, but they were definitely harder inside than out.

I'm on my way to a platinum now. Got all but 3 trophies left. Although one of those is to finish the game again on new game plus which is going to a be a challenge.

Glad you said that - although I'm focusing on other elements of the game I always keep me eye out for the riddler informants when I'm gliding from mission to mission.

• Kopite
« Reply #214 on: July 7, 2015, 10:13:02 am »
My copy arrived yesterday, first couple of hours give a good impression.

The Batmobile is absolutely boss however I can see the constant need to use it wearing thin very soon (pretty much what happened with the ships in AC: Black Flag; first few ship missions were great, then it started doing my head in until I stopped playing the game).

Offline mattybeard

• Anny Roader
« Reply #215 on: July 7, 2015, 10:49:48 am »

The Batmobile is absolutely boss however I can see the constant need to use it wearing thin very soon (pretty much what happened with the ships in AC: Black Flag; first few ship missions were great, then it started doing my head in until I stopped playing the game).

Are you like me and getting frustrated by pressing the wrong button to brake?

• Kopite
« Reply #216 on: July 7, 2015, 11:40:23 am »

If it's LT/L2, then yes  ;D

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: July 7, 2015, 12:36:36 pm »
I've grown to love the Batmobile, what's interesting is Rocksteady wanted the Batmobile in both Asylum and City but couldn't do it, wonder if they did have it in all three games the reception would of been different, I see people who love it and people who hate it.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: July 7, 2015, 12:45:37 pm »

I was the opposite wih Black Flag, the rest of the game was the usual snorefest, identical to previous games, whereas the ship stuff deserved better i.e a separate game, due to it actually being fun.

I like the batmobile, wasn't convinced at first but I am now. If you don't have it, what really differentiates it from the previous Batman games other than better graphics? I'd be bored as hell if it was just the same as the others, neither of which I finished to be honest.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: July 7, 2015, 04:19:38 pm »

Yes! So glad someone else finds this annoying! Why not make LT brake like any other car based game!?
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline LFC_Verve

• Kopite
« Reply #220 on: July 8, 2015, 03:30:53 am »
Yes! So glad someone else finds this annoying! Why not make LT brake like any other car based game!?

You can change it. I found driving far more enjoyable after I did.

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: July 8, 2015, 09:11:50 am »
You can change it. I found driving far more enjoyable after I did.

Now why didn't I think of that instead of persevering!? :)
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #222 on: July 8, 2015, 09:57:42 am »
Completed this over the weekend (well everything except the Riddler challenges) and these are my general thoughts;

Completed Story spoilers

Spoiler
I am still really in two minds of what to make of this game. On one hand it its a marvellous achievement and as close as you're ever going to get of 'being Batman' however it is also quite flawed.

The giant elephant in the room is obviously the Batmobile. Which Kid did not want to drive round Gotham in the Batmobile fighting crime?? However most Kids probably didn't want to partake in endless Drone battles which are monotonous and really over long. For Side Missions I actually think the Battles serve a purpose during the 'Campaign for Disarmament' however also brining them into the main story is complete over-kill. At one stage I remember driving past a road bomb on the way to the main story marker and deciding to take it on. The usual onslaught of endless tank ensued and once I dispersed with them I made my way to the main story and guess what I had to?? Fight Drones! It felt like all I'd done for an hour was strafe rockets and press R1. This was not the Arkham games I loved.

Also I know the Arkham series isn't amazing as the rest of the games when it comes to Boss Battles but at least they had them and were mostly enjoyable! Remember first discovering Bane in Asylum? Or taking on Mr Freeze or Solomon Grundy in City? Heck even Deathstroke or Firefly in Origins? In Knight I can't recall one boss fight out of the aforementioned Batmobile other than a glorified Predator room with a recently revealed Jason Todd. 

As for Jason? My word that was as underwhelming a reveal. If anyone was shocked at that then I urge you to watch the Star Wars original trilogy because you're in for a treat at the end of TESB!

Now for the good. It plays (on PS4) fantastically and once you've upgraded the grapple. Flying around a gorgeous looking Gotham is one of the best feelings in gaming.

The story is fantastic. Definitely on par with City and Asylum. Also I have the feeling that when I play through it again, I'll notice things I didn't on first playing. The ending is one of the best in gaming and creepy as hell!
However in saying that I do think with that the game just went too Joker-centric. For the 2nd Arkham game in row (inc Origins) we've been promised a different villain as the focal point and for the 2nd time we've been lied too. Ok unlike in Origins, the Joker isn't the big bad here but he is without doubt the 2nd main character with the 2nd most screen time. I expect a cameo but not a starring role which he got again here. Although I have to say he was brilliant.

Driving the Batmobile is awesome, if your gliding around press L1,you dive straight in, blast the afterburner and away you go!

The side missions were good as well. The Professor Pyg story was the highlight for me and the most creepy the Arkham series has gone too. Also Catwoman and Batman working together is also good. A bit underwhelmed by Hush's appearance and wish we'd seen more of the Deacon. Great to see Firefly once again and he was as good as he was in Origins.

Massively underwhelmed by Penguin and Two-Face. For the 2nd time in this series Two-Face in reduced to being taken down in a predator room. All 3/4 (can't remember) missions with him are identical with minimal interaction. For such a big character I think he's been mistreated a little. Penguin got a bigger focus in City and Origins so at least he has that. Also his missions had a bit more to do and Nightwing is awesome.

Seeing Watch Tower, Wayne Towers, meeting Lucius, the reveal to Jim about Barbara, Poison Ivy's heroic death, the final act are all great moments and as I say I think I'll be able to take more in when I replay it.

Not sure where it sits in order of preference in the series yet     
[close]
« Last Edit: July 8, 2015, 09:59:17 am by redan »

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: July 8, 2015, 03:40:04 pm »
Im struggling with this game now to be honest, on the final riddler race lap and its just a chore. The other story arcs are fine but the whole riddler stuffs got me to the point of trading it in.

Offline mattybeard

• Anny Roader
« Reply #224 on: July 9, 2015, 09:09:22 am »
Im struggling with this game now to be honest, on the final riddler race lap and its just a chore. The other story arcs are fine but the whole riddler stuffs got me to the point of trading it in.

A tip I saw for this was do the race in first person mode and it makes the driving on the walls much easier.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: July 9, 2015, 03:15:14 pm »
A tip I saw for this was do the race in first person mode and it makes the driving on the walls much easier.

I might give that a go then. All the riddler stuff from the 1st puzzle on ive just found dull to be honest. Having such a great character as catwoman and having here confined seems a waste to much rather it be robin in there

Offline koppitekop11

• dog shit
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: July 9, 2015, 06:32:07 pm »
Sealed Xbox One copy if anyone wants it for £25?
PSN: Pig-Swill     Xbox Live: PigSwill23
there's been a few nights ive had to relieve myself with her beside me in the bed, in fairness to her, she made some sex noises which helped me along the way

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #227 on: July 10, 2015, 11:11:48 am »
Just finished the story, really enjoyed it. Quite an addictive game (just one more side mission...)

Debating whether to finish all the side missions before I trade it in, might have a blitz this evening/tomorrow. The ones with the murder victims, bombs and roadblocks should be easy to wrap up but the riddler ones could take an age...

Offline Joseph-Immanuel Queen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: July 10, 2015, 11:32:02 am »
Just finished the story, really enjoyed it. Quite an addictive game (just one more side mission...)

Debating whether to finish all the side missions before I trade it in, might have a blitz this evening/tomorrow. The ones with the murder victims, bombs and roadblocks should be easy to wrap up but the riddler ones could take an age...

I've done everything except the Riddler trophies, and I think that'll do me. Having to solve 250 odd puzzles is absolutely insane.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: July 10, 2015, 12:03:04 pm »
I've done everything except the Riddler trophies, and I think that'll do me. Having to solve 250 odd puzzles is absolutely insane.

There were 440 Riddler trophies in Arkham City!

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: July 11, 2015, 07:29:01 pm »
Finished the story today, fantastic.

Those Riddler trophies and riddles can get to fuck though.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: July 11, 2015, 11:47:01 pm »
I'm doing New Game Plus and I'm so glad that you don't have to re-collect all Riddler trophies - you do get to do Riddler's Revenge though.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: July 11, 2015, 11:50:40 pm »
I'm doing New Game Plus and I'm so glad that you don't have to re-collect all Riddler trophies - you do get to do Riddler's Revenge though.

This might sound stupid, but what's the difference between New Game Plus and the first play through I completed?

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #233 on: July 12, 2015, 12:04:47 am »
This might sound stupid, but what's the difference between New Game Plus and the first play through I completed?

Locked to hard mode, and you don't get the counter signs when people attack you. You do keep all of your unlocked gadgets though.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: July 12, 2015, 05:51:38 pm »
Finished all the side missions besides Riddler trophies and his riddles, going to start on the DLC soon.

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: July 13, 2015, 08:47:46 am »
Haven't touched this since playing for a couple of hours when first bought it - finding Tour de France more entertaining....

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #236 on: July 13, 2015, 08:57:49 pm »
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #237 on: July 14, 2015, 12:28:07 pm »
Initial reports say the newly released Batgirl DLC is only 45-60mins long :(

Being one of ones who shelled out £32 for the season pass, Rocksteady had better have some aces up their sleeve!

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: July 14, 2015, 12:37:58 pm »
Initial reports say the newly released Batgirl DLC is only 45-60mins long :(

Being one of ones who shelled out £32 for the season pass, Rocksteady had better have some aces up their sleeve!

I agree with what Jim Sterling says when it comes to length, as long as something's good quality, I don't mind too much if it's shorter. Rather that than it being artificially lengthened to pad time
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #239 on: July 14, 2015, 02:36:10 pm »
I played the Harley Quinn DLC and that was about 20 minutes tops.