Author Topic: The Nintendo Wii U thread  (Read 27014 times)

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Nintendo Wii U thread
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2011, 09:42:51 pm »
I keep saying that! Can you imagine being able to play Starcraft 2 or Civ 5 on your home console without gimping the controls?
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2011, 01:20:42 pm »
I thought it would be great if you playing Fifa or PES and you could have your own personal tactics screen so you can send subs on etc, change formations and your mates wouldn't be prepared for them...

But listening to the T3 podcast, they reckon you can only use ONE special Wii U controller with a screen on each console, everyone else has to use classic controllers or Wii motes. Something to do with streaming content and processor power.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2011, 01:23:44 pm »
Apparently Nintendo are looking at the possibility of having two. The thing is these are effectively dummies, they do no processing, they're just a screen getting content.

Ironically making online multiplayer more attractive.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2011, 06:52:59 pm »
I will definitely be getting one. Have always bought a Nintendo console on launch date, except for the Super Famicom which I had on import months before it was available here.

Not going to break the habit of a lifetime.

Offline Gallardo

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2012, 08:57:31 pm »
Anyone else noticed the pre-order price on Amazon for £199.99? Probably a misprice but definitely worth a try. Shopto have it for £279.99. On my phone and cant post a link but check HotUkDeals
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 09:05:27 pm by Gallardo »

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2012, 10:07:09 pm »
Anyone else noticed the pre-order price on Amazon for £199.99? Probably a misprice but definitely worth a try. Shopto have it for £279.99. On my phone and cant post a link but check HotUkDeals
I'm hearing it'll be £250+ plus mate. I'm underwhelmed by this. Perhaps I'm a little biased against it because I owned and hated the Wii, just did nothing for me. Got it on Christmas, played once or twice in the following days then it gathered dust. One thing Nintendo do have with the Wii U is the element of 'New.' It's a new gadget, new tech (well... to an extent). Some gamers may grow restless whilst waiting for any incoming news about the perceived 'hardcore' consoles, the new Xbox and PS4. I just don't think that this will engage the mass market particularly, the casual owners will stick to their Wii's in all likelihood. I don't like to bash Nintendo too much, because if you are a fan of games, somewhere along the line you're probably a fan of Nintendo. However, will this compete when a year later there will probably be new Microsoft and Sony consoles? I'm also reliably informed that the new Xbox, codename 'Durango,' has some real grunt under the hood. We'll see how this shapes up.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 10:09:14 pm by Drinks Sangria »
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2012, 10:07:59 pm »
You could just click the link.

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2012, 11:24:10 pm »
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2012, 11:42:09 pm »
Think I'll leave it for a bit. Did the same with the wii and I'm glad I did. If it turns out to be boss (for a year or so until the next playstation) I'll buy it but the wii was a bit shite at launch and got progressively worse with the odd first party game thrown in to keep people playing it. It's going to need more than the odd mario, zelda or pikmin to keep me playing on it as a sole console.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2012, 10:35:25 am »
I was dead set against getting one but the more I see of it the more I think this could be better than the Wii. Problem with the Wii was you didn't have enough different types of games on it, I think with this one though it looks like they're going to make a real effort to get all the hardcore gamers back. This looks good as well but I'm wondering if you can use it with all the games..

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2012, 10:36:02 am »
Black Ops 2 and FIFA and all that are coming out on the Wii U, if that's what you mean.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2012, 10:50:26 am »
Black Ops 2 and FIFA and all that are coming out on the Wii U, if that's what you mean.

What, to play with the pro controller?

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2012, 11:39:13 am »
I'm on the fence (albeit slightly leaning towards the Nintendo side on this).

The Wii was a shot in the dark that came off in a way no one expected.  They could not compete with Sony and MS for hardcore gamer dominance as the machines being developed were huge loss makers.  So they went for something different and cranked back the tech.  It's allowed them to make a fortune and put them in a position to launch a new console that will be as powerful (if not slightly more so) than a PS3.  So it's not really a next gen console, but it allows them to steal a march on their competitors.  There is no way we will see a PS4 before christmas 2014 imo.  We 'might' see a hastily produced Xbox next gen by late 2013.  But that still gives them a year of clear air in which game developers will be excited to develop for a new console which is not hampered by lower specs.

I like the idea of the Wii U.  I think it has potential and by ensuring it has a good spec it will allow the types of games to be released that the Wii has not been able to support.  The key will be that games developers latch onto the idea and use it correctly and that a good catalogue of varied games (not just the nintendo staple, but also the more hard core games).

I'm not convinced it will attract the hard-core gamer market, but by trying to make the console a media hub they will continue to tap into the casual market.

I'll see what else comes out about it, but I'm interested at the very least.

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2012, 03:18:40 pm »
What, to play with the pro controller?

As far as I'm aware, all games will be compatible with the Gamepad. It has all the buttons, they just released the Xbox 360 controller Pro pad for anyone who doesn't want to use it.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2012, 08:02:24 am »
As far as I'm aware, all games will be compatible with the Gamepad. It has all the buttons, they just released the Xbox 360 controller Pro pad for anyone who doesn't want to use it.

Very clever move, I like the look of the Gamepad it's just I think Nintendo needed to go back to having a normal gaming controller.

Offline helmboy_nige

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2012, 10:04:46 pm »
Prices and release dates announced.

In Europe it will be Nov 30th and the retailers will set their own prices, but expect around £300 for the black premium edition (which has 32Gb) and maybe £250 for the standard white edition (8Gb).

Pre-orders being taken at stores.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/sep/13/wii-u-uk-launch-date-announced

Offline blah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2012, 10:14:38 pm »
I don't understand the Wii U, it is a companion to the original Wii? A replacement? Does it still have the motion control? Is it just a Wii with that new controller? I don't get it.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 10:21:02 pm by blah »

Offline helmboy_nige

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2012, 08:22:49 am »
I don't understand the Wii U, it is a companion to the original Wii? A replacement? Does it still have the motion control? Is it just a Wii with that new controller? I don't get it.

It is a replacement.  It has the motion control, but that is not at the heart of it.  Power wise it's supposedly more powerful than the PS3 and 360 so it can handle much more hardcore gaming.

It's clearly designed for you to only have one of the new controller and to use wiimotes and nunchucks for everything else.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2012, 10:24:27 am »
It's a tad expensive.  Think they may struggle to shift units at that price given the competition.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2012, 11:00:26 am »
Given what i've seen so far the wiiu only produces marginally better graphics than the ps3 and 360 which have been out for 6-7 years and the hardware in them even older than that. So i don't see the point of picking up a wii-u at the price points mentioned when you can get a 360 or ps3 for almost half that.

The fact that people are mentioning the wii-u in the same breath as the ps3 and 360 is enough to put me off and if nintendo are targeting that ps3/360 crowd then there on to a massive fail seen as that section of gamers are waiting on the next consoles by sony and ms which will be vastly superior to there predecessors and not just marginally better.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2012, 12:40:37 pm »
Given what i've seen so far the wiiu only produces marginally better graphics than the ps3 and 360 which have been out for 6-7 years and the hardware in them even older than that. So i don't see the point of picking up a wii-u at the price points mentioned when you can get a 360 or ps3 for almost half that.

The fact that people are mentioning the wii-u in the same breath as the ps3 and 360 is enough to put me off and if nintendo are targeting that ps3/360 crowd then there on to a massive fail seen as that section of gamers are waiting on the next consoles by sony and ms which will be vastly superior to there predecessors and not just marginally better.
Nintendo tend to focus on gameplay rather than graphics.

Online Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2012, 01:07:45 pm »
"Recent reports of actual hardware however suggest it to be much greater, putting it around 20% less powerful than the next gen Xbox (which is rumored to be at least 6 times more powerful than current gen consoles). Again, all rumors however."

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/wii-u/Wii_U_Tech_Specs

Depends on you source really. I like Nintendo's various IP and they've sold the new gamepad as a concept sufficiently to get my money. I'm more concerned about their implementation of online features and their eShop. That wasn't enough to stop me pre-ordering though, I got a premium from Amazon at £264 before they put the price up - still showing in my orders at the lower price too :) I saw that people got a cheaper price than that but they received a cancellation notice (apparently complaining to customer services can get them to honour the £200 deal source). Also ordered ZombiU, Rayman Legends, and NSMBU. For some unknown reason I missed ME3 when it came out so I might go for that and maybe Fifa too, depending on how it compares to the PS3 version.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2012, 01:50:04 pm »
Nintendo tend to focus on gameplay rather than graphics.

Can't u have both? I've played lots of games this generation and last that have looked amazing and played amazingly well too. If its all about gameplay and not graphics then what are they selling a 300 quid console for then? Couldn't they just keep releasing new and existing ip's on the wii?  With average graphics but great gameplay.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2012, 03:03:54 pm »
very recently nabbed hold of a cheap wii for the heck of it, hacked it and play it regularly now! my xbox 360 is gathering dust in a box never to be used again i expect.

point is, nintendo, for all their gimmicks, do tend to hit the nail with playable games. if wii was HD it would have been phenominal but alas ..

the new wiiu controller looks too bulky tho. cant see that being comfy to use for a long period of time, thankfully wiiu will be back compatible with wii controllers and hopefully games will still make use of them.

edit: also i was disappointed to learn that the new console will not enhance old wii games in HD, even though its technically possible (just look at running old wii games through the dolphin emulator). guess nintendo want us to rebuy games in HD sigh.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 03:13:50 pm by Anfield Mob »
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Equilibrium

• Anny Roader
  • Only a select few achieve greatness...
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2012, 11:22:30 pm »
Between 250-300 quid for the console If you get the premium.  With ps3 and 360 still going strong and aviailable for half the price with a huge games library. It has it's work cut out!
Vidal, Ronaldo, Neymar, Falcao, Veratti.

Mourinho, Klopp, Conte, Prandelli,Diego Simeone.

Online Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2012, 08:30:44 am »
Wii U pre-orders sell out in America

(now here come the conspiracies that Nintendo aren't making enough consoles on purpose to fuel a demand frenzy like the Wii, you know, because they don't want to take your money... ;))

Offline Hank Scorpio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2012, 09:10:36 am »
Wii U pre-orders sell out in America

(now here come the conspiracies that Nintendo aren't making enough consoles on purpose to fuel a demand frenzy like the Wii, you know, because they don't want to take your money... ;))
That's not conspriacy, it's just an undertanding of basic economics.

Online Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2012, 10:43:37 am »
Which all the companies do. It's not purely about ramping up demand, more than it's about sound business practice - you don't make more than will sell. Some people thought and still think that Nintendo orchestrated the whole sell out of the Wii when they we're just caught out by it's success.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2012, 11:00:55 am »
Marketing and creating hype around their product is also Nintendo's responsibility.  Doesn't always work out but Nintendo did well with the Wii.  As you say, not all success is completely planned.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2012, 12:13:38 pm »
So there's going to be both Monster hunter Ultimate and Dragon Quest X on this is there. Fucks sake, i've got to buy one for the missus now! (even though I will play them despite saying I won't...)
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Online Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2012, 10:43:13 am »
ZombiU keeps sounding better and better. This article compares it to Dark Souls.

ZombiU hands-on: the Dark Souls of zombie games

Wii U was always going to get unwarranted flack among gamers for being a casual console. VG247′s Dave Cook plays the punishing ZombiU to find out why they’re dead wrong.

‘ZombiU is the Dark Souls of zombie games’. You’re going to hear a lot of people say that after the Wii U launches in November. It’s absolutely true, as the game is brutally difficult, and makes no attempt to coddle players as they wade miserably through post apocalyptic London.

One of the magic ingredients that makes a good survival horror game even better is making the player feel dangerously under-resourced, pathetically weak, and continually on the backfoot at all times. If this stresses you out, then ZombiU is not the game for you.

It has been absolutely engineered with hardcore gamers in mind, mixing the continuous dread of games like Amnesia: The Dark Descent with unforgiving trial and error format of Dark Souls. You will die a lot, but with each death you will learn what not to do next time.

Best of all, when you die, it’s entirely your fault and – sorry to put this bluntly readers – down to your own foolish haste and stupidity. It’s not that you’ aren’t smart enough to overcome Ubisoft Montpelier’s sadistic challenge, it just takes a lot of practice.

That’s part of the problem. Wii U does have casual players who may take a punt on ZombiU – because, zombies – and that could lead to a lot of copies being traded in shortly after launch.

Our hands-on session starts with a dreary slog through London’s sewer network, and up into the Tower of London’s hidden catacombs. We’ve got a cricket bat – the game’s default, unbreakable melee weapon – and a shotgun with only 30 bullets.

There’s also a flashlight that runs down mercilessly fast, and it takes ages to recharge. Once it’s off, the sewers are seriously pitch black, which is why the Wii U GamePad’s radar screen is helpful for spotting movement in the dark.

Slow movement is the key, as your cricket bat will only down a zombie in about six heavy hits. That’s a lot of attacking needed for just one enemy, so you have to avoid confronting packs of the buggers if you hope to survive long.

You could of course hit them with your firearms – but wouldn’t you know it – gunfire attracts the horde to your location with every single shot, so that’s not a dependable tactic either.

Drawing out zombies one by one using flares does help thin out groups if you have to kill a few of them, or you could lay mines in a tight bottleneck, fire a few shots, and stand back as they rush towards the sound and blow up in meaty, bloody chunks.

There are many ways to play ZombiU, but several truths remain throughout: never ignore your radar and make sure you’re alone before using your inventory. Opening your backpack is activated by simply swiping down on the touch screen, but it renders you immobilised.

You can then drag your favourite items to the hot bar and organise loot gathered from corpses. You only have so many slots, so resource management is yet another problem facing your survivor.

This is where both the respawn and safehouse mechanics come into play. Safehouses do exactly what they suggest – they are respawn zones that play home to crafting benches and lockers that can be used to stash precious loot.

Lockers are crucial, because when you die and respawn as a different survivor, you lose everything – save for your cricket bat, flashlight and a pistol with just six rounds. Back at your point of death, your previous survivor reanimates as a zombie carrying all of your gear.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-J2lVQozQtA?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-J2lVQozQtA?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB</a>

They aren’t painted on the map either, so say they’re holding that super-upgraded firearm that you spent ages crafting, chances are you will never find them again and the weapon is lost.

This poses a tough choice when faced with an area swarming with the undead. Do you avoid potentially dying and losing your favourite gun – by trudging all the way back to your last safehouse in order to stash it away – or do you rush in hoping that you’ll make it through alive?

You have to constantly make these difficult decisions every step of the way. You’ll ask yourself, ‘Do I walk blindly through the dark undetected, or use my flashlight to see threats even if it leaves me exposed?’

There are times when you may even think, ‘Do I take the long, dangerous, but silent melee route, or do I risk detection by shooting those zombies to create an easy path?’ Everything must be considered. Even travelling through water is a risk.

When wading through water, your survivor lifts their backpack overhead to keep it dry, leaving you utterly defenceless and unable to attack. Rushing through the ravaged streets of London is a recipe for disaster and should be avoided at all cost.

Every inch of the game smacks of Dark Souls, and this comparison is highlighted further by ZombiU’s messaging system, which lets you walk up to walls and leave graffiti tag messages for other players online.

These aren’t actual words, but symbols. So you could select the ‘stairs’ icon and a ‘thumbs down’ – to basically say ‘don’t go downstairs’. There are many symbol combinations geared towards highlighting hazards or killer loot, so it will be interesting to see how these are used – or abused – once servers go live.

Finally – and this is a stroke of genius on Ubisoft Montpelier’s part – once one of your survivors dies and then reanimates as a zombie, there’s a chance they will also spawn into your friends’ game too.

So you can hop on Miiverse and say, ‘hey I died at this location holding a brilliant weapon. Go find me to claim it’, and vice-versa. It’s a neat way of sharing weapons and collaborating with other players to beat the game.

It’s hard to step back from comparing ZombiU to Dark Souls, but the parallels are blatant. This isn’t a bad thing however, because survival horror games are supposed to make surviving a struggle, and this is one of those rare games that actually delivers that feeling.

If you’re still not convinced that ZombiU is a ‘hardcore’ game for ‘hardcore’ people, then you should at least check the game out through a friend’s purchase. To all Dark Souls fans, you absolutely need to play this game. It’s that simple.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/09/18/zombiu-hands-on-the-dark-souls-of-zombie-games/

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2012, 12:49:47 pm »
Can't u have both? I've played lots of games this generation and last that have looked amazing and played amazingly well too. If its all about gameplay and not graphics then what are they selling a 300 quid console for then? Couldn't they just keep releasing new and existing ip's on the wii?  With average graphics but great gameplay.
Because selling loads of consoles at £300 a pop makes them more money than selling more games at £40 a pop. Plus they are innovating, trying to change the way we game. Look at kinect and that PS3 move thing, both wouldnt have existed without the Wii.

Offline helmboy_nige

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2012, 10:00:04 pm »
ZombiU keeps sounding better and better. This article compares it to Dark Souls.

ZombiU does sound like an awesome game.  Think I might find myself picking one up.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2012, 09:13:24 am »
Because selling loads of consoles at £300 a pop makes them more money than selling more games at £40 a pop. Plus they are innovating, trying to change the way we game. Look at kinect and that PS3 move thing, both wouldnt have existed without the Wii.

Not true in some circumstances, manufacturing costs mean a company might not break even on a system for a few years into it's life cycle. This is especially true with Sony's PS3, they made alot of money through there 1st party development studio's. Bear in mind the PS3 launched at 425, granted the wii launched at a lower price point and had lower manufacturing costs, but...like Sony, they also have numerous 1st party studio's to make plenty of money.

All i'm saying is, can the WII-U really justify a 300 pound selling point, with marginally better graphics, less features and a online network that isnt as robust and populated as its competitors?

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2012, 05:01:35 pm »

All i'm saying is, can the WII-U really justify a 300 pound selling point, with marginally better graphics, less features and a online network that isnt as robust and populated as its competitors?

Santa can go and fuck if he thinks I'm spending £300 on this. it's the only thing my kid has really asked for this Christmas. He has a Wii already with about 40 odd games. He only wants this for the U pad. I think a little white lie will be coming his way and he can get one for his birthday in July when they will be cheaper.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2012, 05:41:19 pm »
Look at kinect and that PS3 move thing, both wouldnt have existed without the Wii.
And what an idyllic scenario that would be.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Online Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2012, 12:50:10 pm »
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/wzzto7/gt-tv-reggie-fils-aime-promo-clip

Some more news from an interview with Reggie yesterday:

- Nintendo is publishing Bayonetta 2 worldwide
- Wii U platform exclusive reconfirmed
- big-name first party titles in development
- Miyamoto and the team at EAD are working on 'fantastic projects'
- Retro is working on a 'fantastic project' (makers of Metriod Prime)
- most likely hear about these projects during E3
- depends on the progress of the games
- we may hear about those projects a little bit earlier/later than E3
- Reggie says 'we're serious about online and driving online'

Online Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #78 on: October 2, 2012, 08:56:01 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gxIhZYjyBxc?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;hd=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/gxIhZYjyBxc?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;hd=1</a>

Rayman Legends looks brilliant. The gamepad looks really responsive too in the video.
« Last Edit: October 2, 2012, 09:56:30 pm by Uhoh AureliOs »

Online Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2012, 05:17:51 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9wkQGEpRgL0?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/9wkQGEpRgL0?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB</a>

4 player online, cross platform 3DS play and you can share your saves between devices. I've not played a Monster Hunter game before but I'm interested now.